Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 06:45 AM   #211
MEK
DIS Veteran

The whole pill taking episode - Priceless!

So glad you got to sleep a bit on the plane. That's awesome. When Denny and I flew to New Zealand many years ago I had a stiff neck and no neck pillow. Try as I might I could not get comfortable. I think I was awake most of the flight, watched 2 movies, and then stared at the distance map for the rest of the night. Not to mention I was totally disoriented from crossing the international date line and having no idea what day or time it was. That's when I learned I was addicted to caffeine because I ended up with one whopper of a headache.

How cool that you got the whole bus to yourself. Did the switch to WL sink in yet for the rest of the crew or where they still too disoriented?

Pictures - must see pictures of your WL arrival!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 09-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #212
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

I love traveling at night, even car rides. That way you still get a day in, on either end. We're lucky that our flight is only three hours, though. I never seem to have trouble sleeping on a flight because I'm usually pretty drowsy from the dramamine! Don't know what it will be like flying with our three year-old this time, though.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2010, 07:11 AM   #213
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Great mojo to start the trip! Early arrival & DME to yourselves!

Sorry for the lack of sleep on the plane! For future reference... they sell sublingual melatonin... Zach can't swallow pills either. He usually ends up chewing it because he can't wait for it to dissolve. Do you have GNC out your way? That's where I get ours.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #214
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Sorry have been kinda busy !!Thanks to your handy links I am caught up!!!!! Waiting for more !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-06-2010, 08:21 AM   #215
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Ugh, what a flight!!! What a shame that the boys were so restless! Connor is the same way about swallowing pills -- it's always a major production with him.

Hurray for everyone being excited about the Wilderness Lodge stay!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:28 AM   #216
2xcited2sleep
DIS Veteran

Well other than the pill taking it sounds like the trip is off to a good start. Glad everyone is excited about WL. Can't wait to hear about the breakfast antics!

Old 09-06-2010, 08:49 AM   #217
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

Oh, I think that super quick and solo bus trip calls for some of these guys. That's awesome timing on your part!

I'm glad the red eye went better for you, and I have to chuckle a little about the pill debacle. I don't think I was able to successfully swallow pills until I was fifteen, no joke. I was terrible about medecine in general, the things my parents had to go through to get me to take liquid antibiotics...I shudder to think.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #218
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm reliving trying to get each one of my 3 kids to learn to swallow pills. Michelle was the worst. They are all now pros.

Overall your flight wasn't too bad. You can always need more sleep. Good DME mojo and I love the reveal of the resort. We loved surprising Danielle with where we were staying, of course the whole trip was a surprise.

It's breakfast time and I haven't eaten, you're making me very hungry.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #219
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Poor Eric! The first time swallowing a pill is not fun.
An empty DME line and bus must have been fabulous!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:32 AM   #220
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Great report on the Red Eye! I'm so glad you were able to get some rest despite all of the wiggling and interruptions. And a DME bus to yourselves!

The pill-taking description was great! Now, if the planner in you had realized it would be his first time taking a pill, would you have set up a "practice run" with placebos or something?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:34 AM   #221
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Poor Eric. I feel for him though...I always had trouble swallowing pills as a kid and still do sometimes. I'm glad you got a little sleep on the plane (I may try those pills because I can't sleep on planes either and I HATE flying). I can't wait to hear about your room and breakfast.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #222
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
Wow! You had a swell of good luck in being able to get some zzzz's on the flight, but more importantly, a ME bus that leaves once you hop on! And the only guests to boot!!!

Can't wait to hear about your rooms....and breakfast at WC!
The DME bus karma was so cool! When we walked in and I saw it was empty I was expecting a good 20 minutes of "when are we leaving" from everyone. It was some serious pixie dust!

And I tipped him accordingly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Not to bad of a departure day overall. Glad everyone slept for most of it.
It wasn't bad at all! No one's favorite thing to do and no one slept well but everyone slept some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnol View Post
Poor Eric, I found out about not being able to swallow pills the hard way, too. When I was nine and at the hospital, the nuse threatened me with a syringe if I wouldn't be able to swallow the meds. I was traumatized, but later I got some tips and I found a way how to swallow them. I have to put them under my tongue and "release" them once I have liquid in my mouth.

Oh that awful!!!!!!!!! That would be seriously traumatizing.

I have to put liquid in my mouth and then add the pills. Still, to this day, and only one pill at a time. Why it didn't occur to me is beyond me!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:38 AM   #223
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
The whole pill taking episode - Priceless!

So glad you got to sleep a bit on the plane. That's awesome. When Denny and I flew to New Zealand many years ago I had a stiff neck and no neck pillow. Try as I might I could not get comfortable. I think I was awake most of the flight, watched 2 movies, and then stared at the distance map for the rest of the night. Not to mention I was totally disoriented from crossing the international date line and having no idea what day or time it was. That's when I learned I was addicted to caffeine because I ended up with one whopper of a headache.

How cool that you got the whole bus to yourself. Did the switch to WL sink in yet for the rest of the crew or where they still too disoriented?

Pictures - must see pictures of your WL arrival!
I'm not sure the neck pillow helped much in the sleep category but it did help from getting a crick my neck, which was the main goal. I had the same problem coming back from Italy in 2006, I think I watched 4 movies!

That melatonin was the best (Thanks Amy!) I will definitley do it again in the future, it really helped. It does wear off but if you can go to sleep right away I think it works pretty well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
I love traveling at night, even car rides. That way you still get a day in, on either end. We're lucky that our flight is only three hours, though. I never seem to have trouble sleeping on a flight because I'm usually pretty drowsy from the dramamine! Don't know what it will be like flying with our three year-old this time, though.
Oh toddlers are a wild card! It could be fabulous, or awful. When Evan was 1 we were coming back to look for a house. Major plane delays due to a hailstorm and it took us nine hours to get from Chicago to Seattle. He was an ANGEL even though we ran out of food, etc.

Coming back, not a single flight issue and that kid was a holy terror the entire flight.

Go figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Great mojo to start the trip! Early arrival & DME to yourselves!

Sorry for the lack of sleep on the plane! For future reference... they sell sublingual melatonin... Zach can't swallow pills either. He usually ends up chewing it because he can't wait for it to dissolve. Do you have GNC out your way? That's where I get ours.
Ooh a new word! Sublingual....I've never even heard of that word! The GNC closed but there is a huge supplement store that might have it, I will definitely do that next time. Granted he might be able to swallow pills by June of 2012 but you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Sorry have been kinda busy !!Thanks to your handy links I am caught up!!!!! Waiting for more !!!
Hi Rosie!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:42 AM   #224
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
Ugh, what a flight!!! What a shame that the boys were so restless! Connor is the same way about swallowing pills -- it's always a major production with him.

Hurray for everyone being excited about the Wilderness Lodge stay!!!
I can't believe I totally spaced that he'd never done it. DOH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xcited2sleep View Post
Well other than the pill taking it sounds like the trip is off to a good start. Glad everyone is excited about WL. Can't wait to hear about the breakfast antics!
They were excited. A little confused about what days where and what did it mean but excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Oh, I think that super quick and solo bus trip calls for some of these guys. That's awesome timing on your part!

I'm glad the red eye went better for you, and I have to chuckle a little about the pill debacle. I don't think I was able to successfully swallow pills until I was fifteen, no joke. I was terrible about medecine in general, the things my parents had to go through to get me to take liquid antibiotics...I shudder to think.
I was so thrilled with the bus mogo and couldn't believe how fast we got to WL! It was cool. I still have a hard time taking pills, have to do it one at a time with liquid in my mouth first. Big part of the reason I am so bad about taking vitamins!
Old 09-06-2010, 11:44 AM   #225
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I learned to take pills early as the alternative was the most disgusting tasting white antibiotic stuff !!No flavors back then and I gagged at every sip !!A pill was heaven sent!!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: