Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #751
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerbell555 View Post
I haven't been to Disney in 20 years. We are going Oct 1-8th. Me,husband,and 4 children ages 9-16. Is this party worth the extra cash? Will it be extremely busy?This will be their 1st trip.Do most people ride the rides first or trick or treat? How do you tote that around all night? Do you get a discount with the Disney Visa card ? Thanks for the info.

I its totally with it would be subjective-whats worth it to one--might not be to another.

My grand daughter and her family are huge halloween people- so for us the halloween party is worth it. We are using this party as our park day.

For us rides will be secondary- except for Haunted Mansion and Pirates of Caribbean (as they fit in our halloween theme. )

They have free face painting. The villians show and hallowishes are MUSTS for us as this is the only time you see such shows.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:24 AM   #752
jack'smom
Mouseketeer

Costume Question

We are going in mid-September and my son has the Captain Hook costume from the Pirate's League makeover. I'm assuming this will be too hot for him to wear, right? Would it look strange if he wore the hat, shirt, and jacket, but with black shorts instead of the pants?
jack'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-04-2010, 10:39 AM   #753
Mrs D
I realize most people don't hear editing

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack'smom View Post
We are going in mid-September and my son has the Captain Hook costume from the Pirate's League makeover. I'm assuming this will be too hot for him to wear, right? Would it look strange if he wore the hat, shirt, and jacket, but with black shorts instead of the pants?
I think that would be fine!

Mom/Son bday trip! 6/15**WDW, Frozen Summer Fun & Diagon Alley! Aug. '14*Ultimate Orlando w/WDW, WWoHP&Legoland + First DCL!!Jan '14**Princess Half Marathon Feb '12 AKV**Oct. 12 DL for Halloween Time!**Apr. 12 Pop/AKV, F&G fest+ 80th bday**Leap Day! 24hrs in MK & CR!**June 11-Pop & SWW**Oct. '10 Pixie Dust!Upgraded to GF!! Wine & Dine Half Relay!**Dec. 09 Christmas at Pop**Feb. 09 Girls Only BDAY trip@BWV!** Sept. 08 First trip for the little ones - VWL** Numerous trips throughout childhood.
Mrs D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #754
MamaCrush
DIS Veteran

? ? ? ?

DH and I can't decide whether we should go to the Thurs, 9/30 MNSSHP or the Sunday, 10/2. I know that the W&D Weekend runners get tickets to the 10/2 party, but there's something of an uproar on the events thread about those folks not being able to take advantage of the "free" ticket that's factored into their race registration fee. So I'm not really sure how much that is going to influence the party crowd. Thurs., 9/30 is our first day, so DH isn't sure he'll enjoy it as much after driving 9 hours to WDW.

I just called DVC Member Svcs and they said no event nights (including 10/31) have sold out yet, and Halloween night is always the first to sell out, so that's not a factor.

Any thoughts??

DCL Western 7-Day Cruise: January 2005 ~ Pop Century: September 2006 ~ Coronoado Springs Resort: September 2008 ~ Saratoga Springs: March 2009 ~ Old Key West: August 2009 ~ Boardwalk Villas: September 2009 -Adults Only! ~ Saratoga Springs: April, 2010 ~ Saratoga Springs: September 2010 - Mickey's Halloween 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: November/December 2010 ~ Animal Kingdom Kidani Village: February 2011 - Princess Royal Family 5K ~ Animal Kingdom Jambo House: May 2011 - Expedition Everest Challenge ~ Wilderness Lodge: June 2011 ~ All Star Movies: October 2011 - Kids Dancing with Disney Youth Performing Arts! ~ Saratoga Springs: January 2012 - Mommy/Daughter Birthday Trip - DD Turns 10! ~ June 2012 - Bay Lake Tower ~ September 2012 - Happy Haunted 5K Trail Run - Port Orleans Riverside ~ March 2013 - Solo Trip - Saratoga Springs ~ May 2013 - Expedition Everest Challenge with DS13 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
~ September 19-20 Solo Trip - Wilderness Lodge
MamaCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 08:11 PM   #755
beansmom
Your dream eludes you? Don't you know that a dream is a wish your heart makes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampinot View Post
I am going to the party this year mid October. Every time we go there is a shirt that is always sold out. I tried to call to purchase it, but they acted like they did not know what I was talking about. It is a shirt that is offered in stores even if you don't go to the party.
Is anyone who is going early to the party willing to pick me up one? I can describe it. I would be so thankful
Julie
the shirt is ONLY available during the party. By the time we get there (Oct 17 this year) supplies are often skimpy. Last year I ended up with a tote bag...which is now pretty cool because I am going to cut the straps off, stuff it andmake it a throw pillow.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:25 PM   #756
DaniB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousireid View Post
*SMALL*! Well, there were four of us last year. They were gallon sized bags. If you get four gallon sized bags packed with candy and for some reason think you will need some more (!!!!!) then go ahead. WE did NOT bring ALL that candy home with us!
That sounds like it's perfectly big enough for us then! Thanks.

Sept 14-23, 2010 - 9 nights CSR 1st family vacation (w/ free DDP)
DaniB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:03 PM   #757
gilliansmommy
Mouseketeer

We are so excited, we are going to the party on the 28th of this month!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #758
abonham
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Dance parties run from 7-12, but characters will rotate.

One will be at the Diamond Horseshoe with Woody, Jessie there all night and Bullseye making appearances.

The other is at the Rockettower stage area. Stitch will be there all night with Chip and Dale trading with Pluto and Goofy.
Does this mean Jessie and Woody won't be doing autographs/photopass?
abonham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #759
agravette
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abonham View Post
Last year Jessie and Woody signed autographs and photopass was available too. Of course, Bullseye doesn't sign, but he is adorable and it's a rare treat to get to see him!
agravette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:23 AM   #760
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have a photo of last year's shirt so we can get an idea of what it looks like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beansmom View Post
the shirt is ONLY available during the party. By the time we get there (Oct 17 this year) supplies are often skimpy. Last year I ended up with a tote bag...which is now pretty cool because I am going to cut the straps off, stuff it andmake it a throw pillow.
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #761
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by abonham View Post
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agravette View Post
Last year Jessie and Woody signed autographs and photopass was available too. Of course, Bullseye doesn't sign, but he is adorable and it's a rare treat to get to see him!
They did sign last year, but since DH is the rumored Dance Party replacement for the Grotto, characters do not have photopass or sign autographs.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:17 PM   #762
sto6917
"If only I had not accepted that invitation to dine at 27..."

Location: Second star to the right and straight on til morning!

Has anyone been on Halloween?

If anyone has been to MNNSHP on Halloween I would love to hear about it. We are going on the 31st this year.

I know it will be crowded- but are we talking mire than "spring break" crowded?

Thanks!
Old 09-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #763
agravette
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlioz70 View Post
Correct.

They did sign last year, but since DH is the rumored Dance Party replacement for the Grotto, characters do not have photopass or sign autographs.
Thanks so much for letting us know where the new dance party is being held! I wondered where it was moving.
agravette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:17 PM   #764
PC MOM
Mouseketeer

subbing...

can't wait to hear what's happening this year!

PC MOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #765
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

we will be there on opening night i'll write about it when i have the energy but am sure the die hard DIS fan will beat me to it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC MOM View Post
can't wait to hear what's happening this year!
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: