Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

DlxDP w/ CL Kicked Our Butts! See us expand before your eyes! 1/19 All Finished!

I know, I know, I KNOW....going into this I had read opinions, I had thought through all the helpful advice but I didn't think it would be a problem to have deluxe dining + Club Level in August heat.

I have a ton of photos so at times when words to describe are lacking I will just insert a picture!

Please stay tuned because I will be reviewing the following:

8/18
Dinner: Cosmic Ray's

8/19
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: California Grill

8/20
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: Chefs de France
Dinner: Contempo Cafe

8/21
Breakfast: Main Street Bakery
Lunch: Beaches & Cream
Dinner: Coral Reef

8/22
Breakfast: Club Level
Lunch: 50's Prime Time Cafe
Dinner: Artist's Point

8/23
Breakfast: Boma
Lunch: Pizzafari
Dinner: Le Cellier
Appetizers: Club Level Lounge

8/24
Breakfast: Captain's Grill
Lunch: Earl of Sandwich
Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine In
8/25
Breakfast: 'Ohana
Lunch: Casey's Corner
Dinner: Teppan Edo

8/26
Breakfast: Grand Floridian Cafe
Lunch: Snacks
Dinner: Mama Melrose's Fantasmic Pkg
8/27
Breakfast: In room dining
Lunch: snacks
Dinner: Tutto Italia

8/28
Breakfast: Cape May
Lunch: Beachclub Marketplace

Snacks
Misc. Club Level offerings
If you are doing the math already you will see that we left some dining credit on the table.

To get all the delicious details and my opinions on the food, service, ambiance/atmosphere and other observations keep watching for updates!

Last edited by emmysmommy; 01-19-2011 at 11:31 PM.
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 07:50 PM   #2
vinotinto
Just Keep Swimming

See us expand before your eyes

I can already tell this wil be a good one! I'm excited to read about your dxDP/Club experience.

I'm also excited to see another Tutto dinner review. I made ADRs at Tutto for our arrival night dinner and I'm not clear on what's on the menu. There are different menus floating around the web. They all have different dates and different entrees in it and none are very recent menus. The one from Allears is a year old and the WDW site does not have a menu posted. I've been seeing some good reviews recently, so I think we'll stick with this ADR (after really debating this!), but would love to know what non-pasta dishes they currently have. Do you remember?

Aug 2014 - YC Jan 2014 - Disney Dream and WL Oct 2013 - PBH Oct 2012 - BC (DxDP) Oct 2011 - YC (DxDP) May 2011 - PBH and AKL (DxDP) Sept 2010 - Poly (DxDP) Oct 2009 - BC (DDP) May 2004 - RPR April 1995 - AsMu
vinotinto is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
vllygrrl
Mouseketeer

Oh my - that's quite a lineup! Can't wait to see how you handled 3 TS meals most days! DH and I will be doing DxDP with CL in November, but scheduled signature restaurants every day, so we'll be doing Breakfast/Early Dinner, or Early Lunch/Late Dinner each day, filling in with the CL and snack credits as needed...

Offsite 1985 Offsite 1995 Dixie Landings 10/99 Contemporary/Polynesian 11/01 CSR 5/02 Disney Wonder/BWI 9/02 BWI 11/03 POP 3/06 CR 12/06 POR 8/07Poly/Wonder 12/08 AKL CL 11/10FW Cabins 8/11
vllygrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotinto View Post
See us expand before your eyes

I can already tell this wil be a good one! I'm excited to read about your dxDP/Club experience.

It is almost embarassing to admit that we did this!!

I'm also excited to see another Tutto dinner review. I made ADRs at Tutto for our arrival night dinner and I'm not clear on what's on the menu. There are different menus floating around the web. They all have different dates and different entrees in it and none are very recent menus. The one from Allears is a year old and the WDW site does not have a menu posted. I've been seeing some good reviews recently, so I think we'll stick with this ADR (after really debating this!), but would love to know what non-pasta dishes they currently have. Do you remember?

I think I can help you out since I took photos of the menus as well. I'll have to find my photos of the menu and then I can tell you the non-pasta choices but I recall an entire section of them.

I had debated this ADR as well since I have heard some very negative reviews but we had a very good experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vllygrrl View Post
Oh my - that's quite a lineup! Can't wait to see how you handled 3 TS meals most days! DH and I will be doing DxDP with CL in November, but scheduled signature restaurants every day, so we'll be doing Breakfast/Early Dinner, or Early Lunch/Late Dinner each day, filling in with the CL and snack credits as needed...
Well, here's a sneak peek for you... we couldn't eat 3 TS meals a day! But we sure tried.

Keep your popcorn handy.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
kimgof
DIS Veteran

Sounds like some great places to me! Can't wait to read your reviews!

Halloween'04 ASSports,Aug '06 POR, Sept '08 POR, Aug '09 Poly,Aug '11Poly&HRH,Aug '14 POP&HRH
DS(19) DS(13): DD(11) me & DH
kimgof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

I can't wait, We vacillated doing CL with Deluxe for Christmas but decided against it. Sounds like we made a good decision.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
pigletforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #7
TheTravelingCarters
Vacation Addict

looking forward to reading about all your great meals!

Up Next: Conquering Mt. Everest!!!! doing the challenge with my hubby as my parents and baby cheer us on!!!

My Trip Photo Albums
TheTravelingCarters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:29 AM   #8
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

I was so anxious to jump in here that I almost forgot to provide some introductions and to give a little information to frame this review...

This was a girl's trip with just me (Brenda) and my 14 year old daughter Emily. We were celebrating her 8th grade graduation. My hubby had a new job so was unable to travel for the dates that we had booked.

We booked a split stay with 3 nites at BLT with deluxe dining and then 7 nites at BC CL with deluxe dining.

This trip was originally booked before the FD offer came out. We knew we would probably upgrade should the offer be released to the general public as it was in April.

However, when we re-booked our trip as a party of 2 rather than a party of 3we kept the deluxe dining and changed our room from a 1 bedroom BC villa to CL for our Beach Club stay. I debated changing our dining plan but there were too many restaurants that I had booked ADRs and I wanted to try as many of them as I could on this trip.

You will see my final analysis in the end but the pocket book didn't take as much of a toll as my waistline.

So I'm ready to get started here.

First up will be Cosmic Rays!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:32 AM   #9
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimgof View Post
Sounds like some great places to me! Can't wait to read your reviews!
Why thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletforever View Post
I can't wait, We vacillated doing CL with Deluxe for Christmas but decided against it. Sounds like we made a good decision.
You will hear many different opinions and although I had read them all, I now can pitch my .02 since I have now experienced it. (For what its worth!)
Thanks for joining in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTravelingCarters View Post
looking forward to reading about all your great meals!
thank you!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:37 AM   #10
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

This will start off easy... not a lot to tell about our first meal on the deluxe dining plan. Although many may expect to start their trip off with a bang we kinda started it by eating at the first place we saw that was still serving food!

We had arrived at BLT in the late afternoon after traveling from the West Coast so we were not acclimated to the 3 hour time difference yet. We didn't make it to the MK until around 9pm.

Since we were in Tomorrowland we stumbled upon Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe. Hey, I've heard of this from other Disboard Dining reviews. Cool - I think it even mostly got a thumbs up!

My daughter and I both ordered the ½ rotisserie chicken. (1 dining credit used each.) It came with green beans (ok tasting) and an ice-cream scoop of mashed potatoes. The potatoes were slightly sweet tasting. I’m not sure why that was but it took me a few repeat bites to actually confirm my suspicions. For dessert Em ordered the chocolate cake and enjoyed it while I ordered the carrot cake and saved it for later since I was full from the abundance of food.

The bill for the meal was approximately $33 (my receipt shows zeros since it is the dining credit version) and no tip required since it was counter service. We had 16 meal credits remaining.

Next up: Kona Cafe
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 AM   #11
darthtatty
Been There, Done That, Going Back!

great start, looking forward to the rest of them
Feb 2005 - Sequoia Lodge @ Disneyland Paris
May 2009 - Holiday@ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
August 2011-Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort Trip report
March 2013-Perth Australia
August 2014- Holiday @ Disneys Contemporary Resort
darthtatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
DLo
DIS Veteran

Good start! We stayed bc cl last year but with the regular ddp. we ended up having cs credits left but used all our ts and snacks. We loved bc cl - hope you did too. looks like you tried some of my favorite places (kona, beaches and cream, boma, earl) and some that I want to try. looking forward to the rest.
Oct 2006 - WL Nov 2007 - GF Nov 2008 - Poly
Oct 2009 - BC Oct 2010 - BWI Oct 2011 YC May 2014 YC
DLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #13
lmgustafson
Earning My Ears

questions about how meal credits are listed

This looks like it is going to be a great report. I can't wait for the rest. One question. How are the remaining meal credits listed? Did yours say 18 adult meal credits or just meal credits? We are trying to figure out how to keep the credits straight if we sign up for it with two kids <9. For the regular DDP the remaining credits are listed as adult TS and child TS and the CS are listed all together. I assume the deluxe plan will list the adult and child meal credits separately (unlike the CS listing for the regular DDP) since they may be used for TS or for CS meals.

Look forward to more pictures and reviews.
lmgustafson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:43 AM   #14
chocolateMinnie
DIS Veteran

DEFINITELY subscribing - can't wait to see how this worked out. I'm having a job even contemplating this amount of food!!!

chocolateMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

I'm in too!! awesome lineup!!! (and that chicken is making my mouth water!!)

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: