Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2010, 03:20 AM   #391
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Or three times?

Surely NOT!

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #392
DisneyFirefly
I wind up insanely itchy and liable to break skin
I'm definitely a walking information desk when it comes to MK

Hey, if I have the money, I may as well do it three times At least I'm not doing it four times! It's the night I get there, too!

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
DisneyFirefly is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2010, 05:04 PM   #393
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Looks like a fun day! The Halloween party looks like so much fun!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 05:43 PM   #394
Simba22
DIS Veteran

We still haven't bought our costumes for the Halloween Party! They're just so expensive! I wanted to get them 2 weeks ago when we got paid but other things came up....I'm hoping to order them this weekend since we get paid tomorrow. I want to make sure they fit and have enough time to exchange them if need be.
Simba22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #395
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Looks like a fun day! The Halloween party looks like so much fun!
I really love it It's a lot of fun, and I can't wait to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
We still haven't bought our costumes for the Halloween Party! They're just so expensive! I wanted to get them 2 weeks ago when we got paid but other things came up....I'm hoping to order them this weekend since we get paid tomorrow. I want to make sure they fit and have enough time to exchange them if need be.
God, tell me about it. With my size, it's so hard to find good costumes that fit well, so I'm actually making one of my costumes. Although, technically, my mom's making it, since I can't sew at all I just have to buy a top for it and then I'll be good. We got the fabric for about $10 and the top'll be about $15, and I already have shoes to go with it, so the whole costume cost about $25, which really isn't bad for a plus-size costume made with good material that actually fits well.

Our 10/16 Disney Wedding PJ | Follow The Bouncing Ears 10/10 TR | PTR | 10/10 Pop 2008-09 CM 11/06 Offsite 2004-05 CP/First Visit
Me DF
Old 09-03-2010, 04:16 PM   #396
laashley
DIS Veteran

Day 3 is the best yet! I so can't wait for the party! You are making me want to go more than once too. Don't think we could though. Too much planned already, but I am so excited for you to do the party 3 times!!!
laashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #397
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by laashley View Post
Day 3 is the best yet! I so can't wait for the party! You are making me want to go more than once too. Don't think we could though. Too much planned already, but I am so excited for you to do the party 3 times!!!
You guys also have four people, as opposed to my one, so it'd be a lot more expensive for you guys to do it more than once than it is for me. I'm mainly doing it three times because the MNSSHP is one of my favorite events at WDW It's a lot of fun, though, and I think you guys'll have a great time!

Me DF
Old 09-04-2010, 05:01 AM   #398
DisneyFirefly

I'm bored and have nothing to do, so here's another illustrated itinerary day This is for day 4!

Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm not sure what time my day's going to start, but at some point, I'll be heading over here to meet up with PrincessInOz and (hopefully) LuvChefMic:

Epcot! We're going to spend a good chunk of the day wandering around the World Showcase for this:

There are also a few rides I want to go on, but the only one I want to do early is this one, as I've never done it:

I figure I can either do it early or get a Fastpass, and go from there

These are the other rides I want to go on at some point during the day:

Yeah, not too many I want to spend most of the day at the F&W and wandering the World Showcase. I can't find a picture of it, but I definitely want to try the new Karamell-Kuche shop in Germany if it's open. It's supposed to open this month, so I hope it'll be open for my trip.

I don't have pics of everything I want to try, as I couldn't find some on Google Images, but I have a good portion of them. I couldn't find the cannoli from Italy, the churro from Mexico, the dark chocolate sensation from the dessert booth, the waffles from Belgium, or the cheese fondue.

From Germany:

The nurnberger sausage and pretzel roll.

The apfel strudel.

From South Africa:

This one, I'm iffy about, but I'd like to try it. Seared beef tenderloin with sweet potato puree and mango barbecue sauce.

From Canada:

Cheddar cheese soup. I've never been able to eat at Le Cellier, so I've actually never had this. I'm really looking forward to it!

From Ireland:

Fisherman's pie. I've heard this is good.

Lava cake with Bailey's ganache.

From France:

Chocolate creme brulee.

There are a few others, but again, I didn't find pictures of them.

I'd like to stay to see this:

And then PrincessInOz and I have plans to hop over to MK for EMH

I'm planning on getting a late dinner here, if they're open (which they should be):

After we're through with EMH, she'll head back to her resort and I'll head back to mine to sleep

Me DF
Old 09-04-2010, 10:09 AM   #399
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Yum-o! All those food pics are making me really excited for the F&W Fest! I'm actually really looking forward to that South African BBQ!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:13 PM   #400
stephielela
DIS Veteran

Those look like super fun days! I am getting so excited for my trip! I know what you mean about getting to say "next month..." i'm the same way! Thankfully mine is not "this month"!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #401
DisneyFirefly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Yum-o! All those food pics are making me really excited for the F&W Fest! I'm actually really looking forward to that South African BBQ!
I'm excited for it, too! I think the thing I'm looking forward to most is just the cheddar soup from Canada. I've never had it! I'm also really looking forward to trying the cheese fondue, but I couldn't find a picture of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephielela View Post
Those look like super fun days! I am getting so excited for my trip! I know what you mean about getting to say "next month..." i'm the same way! Thankfully mine is not "this month"!
I can't wait I'm at 47 days and 3 hours until my plane leaves I wish I could say I'm going this month, but I'll have to settle on waiting a few weeks At least I'm leaving next month!

Me DF
Old 09-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #402
DisneyFirefly

So I'm still searching for pics from my 2004 CP. I did manage to find a bunch of pics from when my dad came down in 2009 just before I left Orlando, since I had to use my parents' computer to fix our wireless router once the stupid tech left after basically telling us that it wasn't the phone company's fault that our DSL wasn't working, even though once he switched the boxes, it worked perfectly fine.

Anyway!

So in early January 2009, I lost my job at Disney. I'd been looking for other work for months, since my hours got cut because of the economy, but I couldn't find anything. I talked to my parents about it and decided to give it another two weeks and if I couldn't find anything, they'd buy me a plane ticket home and my dad would come down to give me two extra suitcases, since that was cheaper than driving or shipping. We've flown Southwest for years. That's what wound up happening (obviously), so the last weekend of January, my dad came down.

As we were staying at my apartment, he rented a car. Now, most people would rent a "normal" car. Not my dad. He was in the mindframe of "I'm going to Florida, it's going to be nice and sunny and warm..." Either that or the desk clerk successfully upsold him. Either way, he pulled up outside my apartment driving this:

And, naturally, as soon as he left the airport with the top down, it started to rain. Also, since he had a map from 1987, he got very lost and had to call me. I bought him a new atlas this year for his birthday. He didn't think it was funny.

When he finally got to my apartment, it had stopped raining, so he put the top back down. He unloaded his things into my apartment and said hi to my roommate and got a soda. As I started to pack some of my excess stuff in his extra suitcases (he packed lightly so he could just do a carry-on), we talked about what we were going to do over the weekend. He wanted to go to the parks, but I didn't have my maingate anymore and I didn't want to try and get a hold of anyone to ask them to get us in. We decided to go get some lunch and figure it out from there. We went to this awesome Chinese place by my apartment and decided to go to Downtown Disney and walk around.

So that's what we did. Of course, once we got there, it started to rain again. I don't remember what all we did, but I know we stopped in a bunch of the stores, and definitely World of Disney.

After a while, we decided that we wanted to go and see some of the resorts. We left the car at Downtown Disney (with the top up) and took the Disney bus to a resort.

Wilderness Lodge!

My dad's a carpenter, a hunter, and we own a cabin in the northwoods of Wisconsin, so I thought he'd like to see it. He LOVED it.

A few years ago, we completely remodeled our basement. He installed an electric fireplace, so he absolutely loved the enormous fireplace in the lobby.

He also likes trains.

We explored the lobby and spent some time walking around the grounds. We found our way over to the pool and the beach and, at some point, found a forgotten poncho on the ground. It was one of the Disney ones. My dad decided to keep it. Somewhere after finding the poncho, we decided to go to another resort.

We took the bus... somewhere? I don't know where, because the next picture I have is of my dad in the front of the monorail

Which, by the way, he also loved.

Apparently, we got off the monorail at MK and then walked down to the boat launch. I guess I was trying to show my dad all the various ways of transportation or something

It was full, so we had to wait for the next one.

This time, we were heading for the Grand Floridian. When we got off the boat, he stopped on the dock, looked around, sniffed, and said, "I smell steak." I said, "Yeah, that's Narcoossee's" and pointed to it. He went over and looked at the menu, since we were both getting hungry, and then walked away once he saw the prices

My dad loved the lobby here.

He also loves antiques, especially cars, so when we wandered out to the bus stop and saw these, he had to have pictures.

After that, we took the bus back to Downtown Disney to grab the car and head home. We were both starving at this point, so we stopped at the McDonald's by my apartment and got dinner there.

Me DF
Old 09-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #403
DisneyFirefly

2009 mini-TR continued!

Day 2!

The night before, I'd managed to get hold of my old (favorite long before this) manager and he agreed to maingate us into the park the next day. So we headed over to MK and waited by the boat launch for him to come meet us. It took a while, since he overslept, but we eventually got in. The first thing we went on was Space Mountain.

My dad took a picture of the cameras. After Space, we walked up to Toontown to catch the train.

He loves trains, as I said.

And I love this picture

At some point, we went on Small World because he wanted to.

Don't I just look thrilled?

We apparently also found our way to the Riverboat.

We didn't eat here. I guess my dad just liked the sign.

Apparently, we went on Pirates, but I don't have any pictures of it.

My dad met some crazy people, and then we went on Jungle Cruise.

At some point, we wandered over to Cosmic to have lunch. I remember because we sat outside and I told my dad to keep an eye on the birds. A couple minutes later, a bird tried to steal his cheeseburger.

Anyway, we eventually found ourselves up in Town Square for the 3:00 parade

After the parade, we went to Tomorrowland. I think we went on Space again, Carousel of Progress, and Buzz, but I know we went on Astro Orbiter.

And then eventually went to the Tiki Room.

That's the last of the pictures I have for that, but I know we spent the whole day there. We went on everything we wanted to, saw the shows and parades and fireworks, and eventually grabbed dinner at Casey's. I think we just ran out of batteries for our cameras or something

We went home after the fireworks (with me trying not to cry) and finished packing. The next day, we packed up the last of our stuff, packed everything in the car, and drove to the airport. We stopped at Sonic for lunch, since my dad had never eaten there and loves old-fashioned drive-in's. Then we flew back to Chicago

Anyway, so that was the weekend I spent at WDW with my dad in January 2009! Wasn't that fun?

Me DF
Old 09-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #404
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Love your Epcot itinerary! I can't wait for the Food and Wine fest, everything looks SO good!

I love the mini TR with you and your dad, looks like you guys had a great time! Love the rental car he chose!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #405
Simba22
DIS Veteran

Even though the reason for it is sad, it sounds like you and your dad had a great time! I wish I could convince my dad to come to WDW with us. He loves theme parks and thrill rides so I know he'd have fun (and the last and only time he was there was in 1980 after he and my mom got married!).

I think the only way I'm going to actually get him to go is if me and my BF get married down there. Then my dad won't have a choice!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: