Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #1771
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I like MSEP more than Spectro. For me its definitely a nostalgia thing since I saw MSEP at Disneyland as a child. Plus I love the music! I loved seeing it again this summer!
I liked the music when I listened to it yesterday. I have enjoyed looking at the pictures from it on the TRs from this summer.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-03-2010, 07:44 PM   #1772
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Great little goodie bags....each first trip needs to be that extra special...

no need to "explain" yourself....I have planned a trip in less than 3 months and then this one I have had a yr plus in between and have had more time and funds spreaded out to add the little extra's....

it is part of the fun...

and I can't wait to order my bows form Becky too...

Happy 9 days to go!

J~
Thanks Julie! Becky's bows are the best.
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #1773
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinolichfamily View Post
We also took glow bracelets w/us each day. When it got dark out, I'd pull them out and put them on the kids..they enjoyed them and......they are much cheaper than buying WDW glow necklaces or anything!
Definitely cheaper. I have a set that I am planning on bringing down. Hope and your messages reminded me to pull them out of the cabinet this weekend when we pack. I had gotten for 4th of July last year and we never used them.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-03-2010, 08:06 PM   #1774
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

You've done an amazing job planning this trip!
I bought the kids lots of little presents before (and even during the trip). They had several wrapped presents in their carry-on bags just for the travel time. And they received little things during the week we were there. I didn't plan it as well as you have but it was definitely fun!!!!
You do NOT need to apologize for the fabulous planning you've done! You've put an amazing amount of thought, time, and creative energy into creating a wonderful experience. Be proud!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 09-03-2010, 08:18 PM   #1775
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Please realize that I posted the bags to share my fun with you. We have been planning this trip now since December 2007/January 2008. The initial conversations DH and I had were on a long drive to and from North Carolina!! See what long drives do to us—they make us plan all kinds of crazy things.

We are very blessed to have had this longer time span to plan and pick up goodies here and there. It has helped to spread the cost of things out this long period. I set down and made a massive budget to include everything little thing (treat bags, tips, etc) to the big things (lodging, gas, etc) and we have stuck to it. We have saved were we have been able to do so to help compensate a miscalculation. This style of a trip is a once in a lifetime trip for us!! Our next trips will be much simpler and on a much smaller scale. Lilian won’t be getting the treat bags (well, maybe one small one ) like she is for this trip. Without a doubt she is going to get very spoiled on this trip. Even if DH and I do not (which we do not plan on it—our big thing for her is the BBB appointment), with 5 grandparents, 1 aunt and 2 uncles coming, she is bound to get treated here and there. DH and I have strict budgets for holiday and birthday times and refuse to fall into the trap of more and more, keeping up with the Jones' or whatever you want to call it so this is without a doubt, the most extravagant thing we have ever done.

Why am I posting this? Because I want you to be aware of the reality of our situation too and so you know where I am coming from a bit more as I have been putting together this trip.
Steph, we did the same thing. We planned over a few years so the kids saved up the dollars family would give them, and we saved here and there too. I think it was one of the most memorable trips we ever had and every penny we spent was well worth it. I dont think you have to explain yourself at all. It is totally understandable. and its your money to spend not ours.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 PM   #1776
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Let’s face it; one of the best things about Disney is the FOOD! Seriously, the food at Disney is by far superior than any other theme park food I have had in the past. With free dining, I wonder if the food will taste that much better.

What’s this have to do with my countdown? Well, the next item on it is…

6. New Restaurants/ADRs!!

We were fortunate on our first trip to eat at some pretty spectacular places when we went on our first trip. While we enjoyed them, DH and I love trying new places. So, when planning this trip, we really looked at our choices and I think we came up with some good ones. The restaurants we are trying for the first time this trip are: Cape May Café, Akershus, Via Napoli, Tusker House, 1900 Park Fare and Plaza. The only table service establishment we are repeating is Rose and Crown.

What are your favorite places to eat? Have any experiences with my list above? What do you like at these places?

Something Fun: Dad’s Dining Plan Spreadsheets, from Dad’s Guide to WDW: the prices are outdated, but that would be an easy fix if you are interested in using it.

Here is another fun video for your viewing pleasure, Mom and Daughters sing and dance to Walking on Sunshine

September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 09-03-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 PM   #1777
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
You've done an amazing job planning this trip!
I bought the kids lots of little presents before (and even during the trip). They had several wrapped presents in their carry-on bags just for the travel time. And they received little things during the week we were there. I didn't plan it as well as you have but it was definitely fun!!!!
You do NOT need to apologize for the fabulous planning you've done! You've put an amazing amount of thought, time, and creative energy into creating a wonderful experience. Be proud!!!

Amanda
Thank you Amanda!! I hope to catch up on your TR tonight!! I hope your trip was absolutely amazing!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #1778
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Let’s face it; one of the best things about Disney is the FOOD! Seriously, the food at Disney is by far superior than any other theme park food I have had in the past. With free dining, I wonder if the food will taste that much better.

What’s this have to do with my countdown? Well, the next item on it is…

6. New Restaurants/ADRs!!

We were fortunate on our first trip to eat at some pretty spectacular places when we went on our first trip. While we enjoyed them, DH and I love trying new places. So, when planning this trip, we really looked at our choices and I think we came up with some good ones. The restaurants we are trying for the first time this trip are: Cape May Café, Akershus, Via Napoli, Tusker House, Plaza, 1900 Park Fare and Plaza. The only table service establishment we are repeating is Rose and Crown.

What are your favorite places to eat? Have any experiences with my list above? What do you like at these places?

Something Fun: Dad’s Dining Plan Spreadsheets, from Dad’s Guide to WDW: the prices are outdated, but that would be an easy fix if you are interested in using it.

Here is another fun video for your viewing pleasure, Mom and Daughters sing and dance to Walking on Sunshine

You've got a great variety there. I can't remember--are you doing Cape May for breakfast or dinner? And are you really doing Plaza twice?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #1779
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Steph, we did the same thing. We planned over a few years so the kids saved up the dollars family would give them, and we saved here and there too. I think it was one of the most memorable trips we ever had and every penny we spent was well worth it. I dont think you have to explain yourself at all. It is totally understandable. and its your money to spend not ours.
Thank you Lindsay! I just wanted to be honest with you all--this trip is far and beyond any other vacation we have ever planned. It is actually our first true family vacation with Lilian, if you discount our camping trip last summer. Not only is this Lilian's first trip to Disney but it is actually her first trip to an amusement park.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #1780
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
You've got a great variety there. I can't remember--are you doing Cape May for breakfast or dinner? And are you really doing Plaza twice?
Oops! Nope, we are only doing Plaza once--I will go edit it to reflect that. We are doing Cape May for dinner.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-03-2010, 09:47 PM   #1781
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

I really enjoy trying new places, too. Out of our three ADRs, only one of them is new, but Aaron really wanted his parents to experience RC and CRT because we love them so much. Those are the only sit down places we've been to at WDW so far. We'll be trying Crystal Palace for the first time this trip, though! I can't wait to hear what you think of the places you're trying!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 09-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #1782
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
I really enjoy trying new places, too. Out of our three ADRs, only one of them is new, but Aaron really wanted his parents to experience RC and CRT because we love them so much. Those are the only sit down places we've been to at WDW so far. We'll be trying Crystal Palace for the first time this trip, though! I can't wait to hear what you think of the places you're trying!
I would like to try CP on one of our trips. I initially thought we would this trip but decided two breakfasts were enough.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-03-2010, 10:06 PM   #1783
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Requests

We are approaching leaving day!! I wanted to ask all you still reading my PTR if there is anything you want someone to scout out for you while I am down there? I will be checking out the FL expansion, of course and MNSSHP, but are there any specific questions?

I will also be occasionally posting updates and pictures to Facebook during our trip. If you would like to follow along on it, feel free to send me a PM with your information and I will add you to my friend list. I am also on Twitter, and may occasionally post there as well. Send me that information as well if you are interested.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #1784
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Those restaurants look great! Way back before we knew that the values were going to get QS instead of the regular DDP I spent hours pouring over the menus on allears. You have some great choices and variety. Since we are paying OOP for TS meals we only kept one (it just seems silly to pay for meals when we can eat for free, lol) and we'll be trying 1900 PF as well, I'm really looking forward to it!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:00 AM   #1785
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Love your dining choices!! We've tried them all except for Via Napoli and the Plaza. I can't seem to get into the Plaza, which is driving me nuts.

I think that Lilian will just love Akershus. The princess interaction is great. I think it's better than CRT.

I am sending you a PM since I am on FB and Twitter too.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: