Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 AM   #1711
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
WE GO TO DISNEY THIS MONTH!!!!!!

This was my first thought when I woke up this morning! I can hardly believe September is finally here!!!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:07 AM   #1712
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Yay for single digits!!

Love, love your mousekeeping envelopes - too cute!

Your plans sound wonderful and I hope you have a great trip.

BTMRR was open during MNSSHP in 2008 when we were there as we rode it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #1713
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Onwards with the countdown…

8. EPCOT!!!!

Yes, I put a whole park onto my countdown but Epcot is the park that DH and I love and liked the best last time. We are really looking forward to spending two days there on our upcoming trip. I sure hope Lilian will like it as much as we do.

Favorite photos from our last trip:

What are your favorite parts of Epcot? What is your favorite country pavilion and why?

I like this video because of the great views in some of these photos. I think it would be really cool to fly over Epcot to take pictures!! Tilt-Shift Photography Video of Epcot
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-01-2010, 11:33 AM   #1714
MommyMcQueen
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie!

We loved Epcot too! I'm so excited I can finally particiate in one of your questions since we've finally been there now!!!

Our favorite pavillion was Germany. My DH was really looking forward to Germany, he was stationed in Germany for a few years (many years ago) and had wanted to spend some time in that country. So when we got there he got a beer and a brat, and we spent probably about an hour just hanging out and talking about different stuff, kids snacked on a big pretzel and it was really nice. Most of the other countries we kind of breezed through, but we stayed in Germany a while, the kids lived the miniature village and train there and they spent about 20 minutes watching that - we had to drag them away. They wanted to go back to see it again the next day so we did.

Karen
Old 09-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #1715
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I love Epcot -- it is very close to tied for first with the MK. We LOVE Soarin' and Mark really likes the Nemo ride (I think it is more the birds out in front that say "Mine Mine Mine").

I think our favorite country is probably Germany because we both have German in us and we love the food, the beer and the shops there.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:56 AM   #1716
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Thanks Jenny!! You get to go to Disney next month!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #1717
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I love Epcot too! I know people sometimes say it isn't as good for kids as the MK, but my kids love spending time at Epcot. There is so much to do here that doesn't involve standing in lines for rides that it makes it fun for kids! Make sure to hit the Character Connection. Best place to meet all of the Fab 5 in one swoop.
Old 09-01-2010, 11:58 AM   #1718
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMcQueen View Post
Hi Stephanie!!!

Congrats on single digits!!!!

You must be so terribly excited!!! Like others have mentioned - envelopes look great, as do all of your days plans!

Now that we're back it seems like I'm even more excited for other people's trips - now I know what everyone looks forward too!

Karen
Hi Karen!! I hope to pop over to your TR today. Thanks for celebrating with me!! We are very excited. Thank you!! Sounds like your trip went really well!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-01-2010, 12:18 PM   #1719
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Oh, I can't wait for Epcot! I love, love, love Germany- my BIL lives there so we've on several trips. I can't wait to be reminded of this place I love. I've scheduled an hour for each country on our upcoming trip because I know I'm going to need it!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:24 PM   #1720
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Thanks Jenny!! You get to go to Disney next month!!!
I will have yours and Meghan's TRs to read and get me excited for my trip and help pass those last couple weeks.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:30 PM   #1721
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
This was my first thought when I woke up this morning! I can hardly believe September is finally here!!!
I know Hope!! We are going to Disney THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-01-2010, 12:34 PM   #1722
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Hooray for September!!! I can't believe our trips are THIS MONTH! So exciting.

My DH and DD say that Epcot is their favorite parks. It's a tie for me between MK and Epcot. I think our favorite country is Germany because that's where we've spent a lot of time. My DH always has to get a glass of Beck's beer and we always share a delicious pretzel. My DH and I are both 1/2 German so maybe that's why we like it there so much. Plus, the buildings are just so cute! I'm also 1/2 Italian and my DH is 1/4 Sicilian and we think it's neat that Germany and Italy are next to each other at Epcot.

My favorite part of FW is definately The Land. We adore Soarin', Sunshine Seasons and Living with the Land. It's a great place to be!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 09-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #1723
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Yay for single digits!!

Love, love your mousekeeping envelopes - too cute!

Your plans sound wonderful and I hope you have a great trip.

BTMRR was open during MNSSHP in 2008 when we were there as we rode it.
Thank you for celebrating with me Anne Marie!! Thank you for all the great feedback.
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #1724
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMcQueen View Post
Hi Stephanie!

We loved Epcot too! I'm so excited I can finally particiate in one of your questions since we've finally been there now!!!

Our favorite pavillion was Germany. My DH was really looking forward to Germany, he was stationed in Germany for a few years (many years ago) and had wanted to spend some time in that country. So when we got there he got a beer and a brat, and we spent probably about an hour just hanging out and talking about different stuff, kids snacked on a big pretzel and it was really nice. Most of the other countries we kind of breezed through, but we stayed in Germany a while, the kids lived the miniature village and train there and they spent about 20 minutes watching that - we had to drag them away. They wanted to go back to see it again the next day so we did.

Karen
I'm so glad you liked Epcot Karen!! I do not think we saw the miniature village and train, so we will be on the lookout for it in Germany. Thanks for sharing the great memories!
September 2010 PTR

Old 09-01-2010, 12:40 PM   #1725
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love Epcot -- it is very close to tied for first with the MK. We LOVE Soarin' and Mark really likes the Nemo ride (I think it is more the birds out in front that say "Mine Mine Mine").

I think our favorite country is probably Germany because we both have German in us and we love the food, the beer and the shops there.
Epcot is great!! (Perhaps another park makes my countdown...)

I'm part German too.
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: