Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM   #1666
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I do not think F is scary for little ones.
I really hope you get to see it!
Thanks Amy!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-30-2010, 05:17 PM   #1667
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
We've never seen Fantasmic at Disney World. I saw it at Disneyland once. It just always seems like a bit of a hassle. It's a great show so I hope it works out for you. Your DHS day looks good. DHS always seem to be the hardest day to plan for me. It's hard to work in all the shows and still get to the rides. Anyway, great planning
Thanks Jenny. I hope with the extra hours, maybe it won't be as chaotic. Wishful thinking I'm sure but hopefully we will be able to make it to the late show if needed. Luckily the next morning is not too early (9:15 ADR).
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2010, 05:19 PM   #1668
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
I really hope that it works out and you can watch Fantasmic! I have seen it at Disneyland before and just loved it.

I'm really hoping someone recommends some good Disney music CD's because that's on my souvenir list, too!
Hey Christine. I hope it does too, but if we don't make it to F! I'm sure we will have plenty of other wonderful memories. Meghan recommended a few if you did not see her post yet.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-30-2010, 05:23 PM   #1669
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Ok, so I'll respond on here instead of just telling you tomorrow!!

F! is not too scary, I think Lilian will be fine!

I think you'd better plan on a later B&tB show! You will be rushing to get from PHD to B&tB. PHD will be a good 20 min at least and then there is the hearding of the people out of the theater afterwards! VOTLM is right across the courtyard from PHD. Maybe you can see both of those then head to B&tB. There are also character meet & greets with Little Einsteins and Handy Manny right outside PHD and characters in the animations studios building next to PHD. It might work out better to see PHD & VOTLM while you are in that area, seeing the characters in between the two shows! Just a thought! Did that make any sense?

Sorry Emily was such a poop today! Hopefully tomorrow will be better so we can get some shopping, I mean, walking in!!
I posted above but I wrote down the time I want to anticipate getting to BBL not when the actual show starts. I tweaked my card to note the difference. Of course all the times could change. Luckily the WDW Lines App gives the show times too. I also am wondering if we might be able to knock out RnRC and ToT before the 9:40 PHDL show. What do you think?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-30-2010, 05:25 PM   #1670
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
It is the white one that matches my purse. I like the colored ones better!
Ahh!! I would think they would let you exchange it as long as you have not unwrapped it and it is close to the purchase date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
We saw the Fantasmic show at DL this summer. Since it was standing room only it was alittle tiring. I hope to see it on one of our next trips.
I really want the 4parks one world CD-have heard nothing but rave reviews!
That is one of the cds I am eying. It seems to be really popular.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-30-2010, 05:26 PM   #1671
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
We too are very excited to see Fantasmic for the 1st time next month. I've watched bits and pieces of it on youtube and it looks amazing!

I have the "Wishes" and "IllumiNations" cds and I adore them! Perfect for when I need a Disney fix. I'm hoping to buy the "4 Parks One World" cd on this upcoming trip.
I love the soundtrack of it! I was listening to it this morning when I was working on things. Thanks for the cd recommendations.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #1672
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

We've never seen F! (or many of the other nighttime shows, for that matter!). I hope you get to see it and it's great!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 08-30-2010, 08:17 PM   #1673
lexmas
DIS Veteran

It was my only goal for the night that when the kids were in bed, I would catch up on your PTR! And I did! That was a lot that I missed!

I love all the itinerary cards! You're going to have such a great time!

Those mousekeeping envelopes are AMAZING. So very cute! I love it!

Those wristlets are really really cute! I hope you get one so I can see which one you picked!

I don't think Fantasmic is that scary...we took DS last time, and it was fine. Guess you'll know if you see it!

I can't believe you leave so soon! Sadly, I'm keeping time for the next few weeks based on Syd's surgery, and since you'll be back before her surgery, I know it's all very soon! I hope you're not stressing and that you're taking care of all the last minute details!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 08-31-2010, 03:36 PM   #1674
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
We've never seen F! (or many of the other nighttime shows, for that matter!). I hope you get to see it and it's great!

Amanda
One of these times I bet you will get to go too.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-31-2010, 03:38 PM   #1675
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
It was my only goal for the night that when the kids were in bed, I would catch up on your PTR! And I did! That was a lot that I missed!

I love all the itinerary cards! You're going to have such a great time!

Those mousekeeping envelopes are AMAZING. So very cute! I love it!

Those wristlets are really really cute! I hope you get one so I can see which one you picked!

I don't think Fantasmic is that scary...we took DS last time, and it was fine. Guess you'll know if you see it!

I can't believe you leave so soon! Sadly, I'm keeping time for the next few weeks based on Syd's surgery, and since you'll be back before her surgery, I know it's all very soon! I hope you're not stressing and that you're taking care of all the last minute details!
You're too funny Christa!! I am glad you stopped back by and you caught up. I know it was a lot to get through.

Thank you!! I hope F! is not going to bother Lilian so I am just going to reassure her if she does (and we get to see it).

I know Syd's surgery is coming up so quickly. I am praying it goes well!! I'm sure it well.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-31-2010, 03:41 PM   #1676
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Anyone care to join in with me for my single digit dance?!

September 2010 PTR

Old 08-31-2010, 04:09 PM   #1677
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Hard to believe, but today we are in the single digits until we leave!!! We started planning this trip about 20 months ago so for it to be almost here, it is just amazing (to us). Since it is another day, we have moved to another item on the countdown…

9. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad!!!!

Next to Soarin’ this is probably my other favorite ride in Disney, definitely my favorite in MK. I’m looking forward to taking Lilian on this rollercoaster, as she is tall enough!! I’m not a huge rollercoaster fan but I really enjoy this one. It probably will be the only one I go on unless I decide to brave Goofy’s Barnstormer.

I think it would be fun to be able to ride this at night too. I believe it runs during MNSSHP, so it might be possible. Can anyone confirm this?

For those who want to relive the experience, here is a video we watch in our house, BTMRR
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-31-2010, 04:47 PM   #1678
jenny105
DIS Veteran

It absolutely runs during MNSSHP! I always make sure to do this ride twice: once in the day and once at night. Two totally different experiences; you'll love it! So excited for you!!!!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 08-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #1679
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

WOO HOOOOOO FOR SINGLE DIGITS!!!

Oh my, I absolutely BTMR!!!! I have never been on it at WDW because we just haven't taken advantage of baby swap yet. I'm thinking of trying it out this trip, though. At least for one or two rides.

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 08-31-2010, 06:36 PM   #1680
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Here is my last itinerary card—hard to believe. Thank you for all the invaluable advice and information you have given!! I have enjoyed reading the responses to my questions too.

What advice would you give someone venturing to Disney for the first time or in a very long time?
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: