Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2010, 06:16 PM   #676
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
I had forgotten about that. I probably would have passed on that night too. Thursday should be a good choice.
it's odd, i haven't noticed much in way of advertisingre what is really a family friendly event. 1st i heard of it was when doing a search for DS who runs track in HS & it popped up on a non-disney runner site a few months ago...maybe it'll wind up being a non-event as to increased crowds afterall.

I just figure why take the chance if i have an alternative date to choose. I hope people will report back who do the party that night as to crowd levels for future planning.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:46 PM   #677
Vegitabeta
Oooo, the claw!

We'll be there on Oct 1st, never thought about the runners! I hope it isn't too crazy
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2010, 07:07 PM   #678
alala
Earning My Ears

costume question

We're going on Oct. 7 - This will be our first party and we're so excited!! Thanks for all of the helpful info on this thread!

We'll be there as a family of pirates (not the most original idea, I know, but the kids' costumes are just so darn cute). I've read a lot of discussion about entry time (4pm vs. 7pm). My question is...What time is it OK to wear your costume in the park? If we get there at 4pm, is it OK to already be in costume? What if we get there earlier (using park hoppers)? Would a grown-up pirate wench be allowed into the park at 2 or 3pm?

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #679
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

we went in last year around 3pm (had ap's) and I was dressed as a pirate. No problem getting in. my kids were also dressed. I got a few strange looks from people put those were the people that had no idea of the party and were ticked when they were asked to leave at 7pm.

not sure what I am going as this year...possibly a pirate but I will wear my costume in at 4.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 PM   #680
nurse27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
normally, Sunday would've been our 1st choice too but I bought tix for Thursday afterwards (10/7)as i was concerned many of the runners (who are getting the 1 free tix for that night-10/3) will decide to stay for the . Hard to tell as it'll be the 1st year for this event. Do wish we could get down there a day early, sounds like alot of fun for a family 5K

The inaugural Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon on Oct. 2 has reached capacity, but people looking for some exercise that day – combined with some Disney theme park fun on Oct. 3 – can still enter Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run 5K.

Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run, at 7 a.m. on Oct. 2, is the only Disney 5K with a course through Magic Kingdom – and is unique also in that entry includes admission to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on Oct. 3 after regular park hours.

The 5K course is Halloween-themed, enticing race participants to be immersed in the fantasy of Halloween and dress up as their favorite character or villain! This is the ultimate race around the neighborhood – a race to the finish to receive a "trick or treat bag of refreshments."

More information and registration is available at www.DisneyWineDineRun.com.

I am glad I found out about this. Maybe Friday, Oct 1st is our best choice out of the three nights we can go.
nurse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:39 PM   #681
mum2simon
Mouseketeer

Ugh...we already bought our tix for Oct 3rd...I might have picked a different night if I would have known about that

2015 ?? Undecided ?? POR? CBR? AoA? 2010 POP , 2006 Offsite - Sheraton Vistana, 2004 FortWilderness Campground, 2002 All Star Movies, 1999 Offsite 1990 Caribbean Beach Resort, 1986 Polynesian, 1982 Fort Wilderness Cabin
mum2simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:43 PM   #682
amycishere
DIS Veteran

We are going November 1st, hope that is a good choice.
amycishere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:13 PM   #683
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharig5576 View Post
We're going to MNSSHP Halloween night and are ordering these:

http://www.zazzle.com/235347177534979416
thanks, I found some designs on DIS and think I will make ours
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #684
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou Holtz View Post
Do I have to call to get the AP discount? I see nothing on the website.
I ordered mine online with the AP discount
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #685
agravette
Mouseketeer

Hopefully the Halloween Fun Run won't really impact the crowd level at the party since there is a cap put on the number of people attending each party event.
agravette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 PM   #686
nurse27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by agravette View Post
Hopefully the Halloween Fun Run won't really impact the crowd level at the party since there is a cap put on the number of people attending each party event.
Does anyone know what the cap is on the halloween party?
Old 08-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #687
Turtle31
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44sun View Post
Ok, I realize that I'm butting in here but we're in SE Aurora/Centennial area. So cool to see other folks from Colorado!

Butt away I am so excited to see that there are so many Colorado people here also -- I am not the only crazy person in the state

I actually keeping thinking I need to make a trip to the Aurora mall because that is the only mall lucky enough to have a Disney Store now. But since I keep spending between the two parks, my DH keeps telling me I am not missing anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedee View Post
Wow, what a great thread! We'll be at the Sept 14 party. IT's our first time at the Halloween party. I'll have my laptop with me and should be able to post pictures the next day, but won't have a scanner for the maps, I should be able to take photos of it, if that would help.

Terri

Thank You Terri for the kind words about the thread. It sure has grown - and it has kept me busy planning ! I am so excited and glad to see so many others are too. It would be awesome if you can post any pictures, and if you want to take a picture of the map and post it that would be great too. A couple people have offered to e-mail it or post it. Either way what ever is easier for the person willing to give us the goods Have a blast at the party !
Oct-2013 BCV. Dec2013- Disneyland ChristmasJune-2012 BCV Oct-2010 BCV June 2010- Crowne Plaza Disneyland Dec 2009-Disneyland Christmas @ Embassy Suites June 2009 - First Stay at BCVAugust 2008- Port Orleans Resort May 2008 Marriott Suites- Disneyland June 2004- 30th B-day Celebration- Disney World Offsite

Follow my 11 Day Trip Report Here
Need help packing... Check out THE LIST!!

Last edited by Turtle31; 08-29-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Turtle31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:02 AM   #688
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse27 View Post
I am glad I found out about this. Maybe Friday, Oct 1st is our best choice out of the three nights we can go.
i wouldn't worrystill think the weekend would be more crowded & def busier weekend of columbus day.

we've gone up until 3rd week of Oct before, just make sure to prioritize how you want to enjoy the party (some all about staking out spot for parades, others charactar meet/greet & some just want to trick or treat) & everything will fall into place

hard to believe but there are people who only visit the WDW parks during the parties as it's cheaper than a 1 day ticket, not as good of a deal as it used to be though.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:00 AM   #689
nurse27
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
i wouldn't worrystill think the weekend would be more crowded & def busier weekend of columbus day.

we've gone up until 3rd week of Oct before, just make sure to prioritize how you want to enjoy the party (some all about staking out spot for parades, others charactar meet/greet & some just want to trick or treat) & everything will fall into place

hard to believe but there are people who only visit the WDW parks during the parties as it's cheaper than a 1 day ticket, not as good of a deal as it used to be though.
Haha...we are one of those people this trip...but this is a last minute thing...we got a free stay at the Marriott and tickets to Seaworld so I decided I HAVE to check out the Halloween party. I LOVE Disney. Go as much as I can! Can't wait for our week trip in December!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #690
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse27 View Post
Haha...we are one of those people this trip...but this is a last minute thing...we got a free stay at the Marriott and tickets to Seaworld so I decided I HAVE to check out the Halloween party. I LOVE Disney. Go as much as I can! Can't wait for our week trip in December!!!!
the mr & i snuck down end of july for 3 days too

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: