Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 08:57 PM   #196
Eeyore's Pal
Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortlives View Post
Does anyone know if you can get a veggie burger at Pecos Bill's or a tofu dog at Caseys?
You should be able to get a veggie burger at any location in WDW that offers regular meat burgers, even if it doesn't show the veggie burger on the menu. Just ask.

DVC Member ~ OKW Home ~ since 2000

OKW 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 08, 11; BWV 05, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12; BCV 03, 04; AKL 02; FWCG 05; ASMu 99, 01, 07, 08; CSR 98; WL 98, 06; Disney Villas 94 ; Dolphin 06; DCL Wonder 06; Off Property 79, 80, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

PinPics Name: eeyorespal
Eeyore's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 PM   #197
Eeyore's Pal
Trading pins since before there were rubber backs

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganCupcake View Post
Sooooo I need everyone's help. I have a Rainforest Cafe gift card coming for our trip (one of those shop & earn points websites) and I made a res for the one at animal kingdom. Anyone have any feedback as for what I may be in store for? I don't care if they are only going to have a salad for me, I mean I'm vegan, I should be expected to eat my vegetables buttt, if thats all I'm going to be able to eat then I know I need to have a little something an hour or so before our meal. Thankssss :-)
Check out this review by v_gan: LINK, scroll down to post #5.

You may want to look at all her reviews; she is a wealth of information on vegan dining at WDW.

DVC Member ~ OKW Home ~ since 2000

OKW 00, 01, 02, 05, 06, 07, 08, 11; BWV 05, 06, 07, 08, 10, 11, 12; BCV 03, 04; AKL 02; FWCG 05; ASMu 99, 01, 07, 08; CSR 98; WL 98, 06; Disney Villas 94 ; Dolphin 06; DCL Wonder 06; Off Property 79, 80, 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06

PinPics Name: eeyorespal
Eeyore's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 07:57 AM   #198
AJackson09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJackson09 View Post
I posted on the main restaurant page about a vegan meal at Le Cellier, but I got the recommendation to try the salmon. lol!!

Anyway, has anyone on here had a vegan meal at Le Cellier? I've read most of the vegan/veggie dining reviews, but I don't specifically remember seeing that restaurant in any of the reviews.

Thanks!
Can anyone help me out with this???
Thanks
AJackson09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:16 AM   #199
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any reviews of Ohana since Chef TJ left. Is it still a good option for vegans/vegetarians?
Also, has anyone been to 1900 Park Fare since Chef TJ is now there?

Last edited by mamaprincess; 08-18-2010 at 10:38 AM.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #200
VeganCupcake
Almost an Expert

Location: Palm Springs, Fl - about 2.5 hours away from The Most Magical Place On Earth!

Quote:
I posted on the main restaurant page about a vegan meal at Le Cellier, but I got the recommendation to try the salmon. lol!!

Anyway, has anyone on here had a vegan meal at Le Cellier? I've read most of the vegan/veggie dining reviews, but I don't specifically remember seeing that restaurant in any of the reviews.

Thanks!
Thanks
If you go to the VeganSatori blog, on day 9 he went to Le Cellier and got a pretty tasty looking meal :-) http://vegansatori.blogspot.com/
Old 08-22-2010, 01:10 PM   #201
honeybiscuit
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Thanks
I got a very similar meal to what Vegan Satori posted about on his/her blog, minus the tomato stack. I asked our server what I could have that was vegan, and she brought the chef out who was very nice and accommodating! Didn't make me feel like I was being difficult or weird like many restaurants do. He offered to make a pasta dish with the vegetables of my choice, which I was a little dubious of because the ubiquitous vegetarian/vegan pasta option at restaurants is usually pretty bland. Not so at Le Cellier! I was served fettucine covered in a big pile of the most perfectly prepared veggies I've ever had. Asparagus, julienned carrots, garlic and big thick tomato slices drizzled with olive oil and black pepper. It sounds simple, but each element was incredibly delicious! I think it's the best meal I've ever had at WDW, and I've been going for 20 years.

Now that was in January 2009, and the meal Vegan Satori had was slightly different, so I can't say you'd get exactly the same thing, but rest assured, you're more than likely to get an amazing vegan meal even though it is a steakhouse.
honeybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:25 AM   #202
ls15
Mouseketeer

Thanks to everyone who is posting in here. I am diligently writing down information for my trip to Disney! I am very excited and this is so helpful, as I am a vegan with Celiac disease and a dairy allergy, and travelling with my mom, who has a multitude of food she cannot have for her own condition.

So thank you!
ls15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #203
sonjaandsue
Mouseketeer

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the food in the club level lounges? We are staying at the Poly in particular. Also, any suggestions for the best restaurant for the Fantasmic Dining Package? I saw one disappointing review of the Brown Derby....

Our dear friend (and special Uncle to our son) is joining us for our trip in Jan. - he is willing to "cheat" on dairy when needed but it would be wonderful to have enough options that he didn't have to! I also don't want to go through the whole trip with him having second-rate meals. (ADRs at Jiko should guarantee that doesn't happen though...)

Thanks for all the great info.
sonjaandsue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #204
jjohnson

Volunteer cheerleader for the official "exclusive tag fairy club" cheering squad.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

I haven't read thru the entire thread but just so everyone is aware the sauce at Yak & Yeti contains shellfish. They were kind enough to make DD's entree (lo mein w/tofu) in a separate kitchen in a vegetarian sauce:

Boardwalk Villas 2007
BWI Deluxe Concierge 2006 Saratoga Springs Resort 2006
Polynesian LVC 2005 Beach Club LVC 2005
Disneyland 2003
jjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:58 AM   #205
UncleOrville
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonjaandsue View Post
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the food in the club level lounges? We are staying at the Poly in particular. Also, any suggestions for the best restaurant for the Fantasmic Dining Package? I saw one disappointing review of the Brown Derby....

Our dear friend (and special Uncle to our son) is joining us for our trip in Jan. - he is willing to "cheat" on dairy when needed but it would be wonderful to have enough options that he didn't have to! I also don't want to go through the whole trip with him having second-rate meals. (ADRs at Jiko should guarantee that doesn't happen though...)

Thanks for all the great info.
We stayed club level at the Beach Club in March. I emailed IPO in advance to ask about vegan dining options, and they assured me there would be options for my sister in the lounge, and that we could call a chef to walk us through the options at any point on our trip. We never asked for the chef, but my vegan sister did find there were good options for her, specifically at breakfast and for evening appetizers. Here's my trip report from that trip, which includes lots of lounge food pictures - Laura is my vegan sister, so anything labeled as hers is definitely vegan. Click here for the TR with club level food pics - all lounge food pics are on the first page or two.

We'll be back at the Beach Club club level in just 5 days, and are hoping for a good vegan selection! We'll be live-tweeting throughout the trip and commenting/ posting pics on food options.

Quote:
Thanks
We ate at Le Cellier twice on our last trip, mainly because they were so great at providing an awesome vegan meal for my sister on our first visit. Here's a review and picture of Laura's meal from our first visit: scroll down to post #89 on this page.

Here's a review of our second meal at Le Cellier: scroll to post 154. Unfortunately, I somehow failed to take pictures of our meals (), but there's a description of Laura's meal there.

Hope these help!
Old 08-30-2010, 04:12 PM   #206
itsalebeau
Mouseketeer

I'm so thankful for these threads! I'm planning a vacation to either WDW or DLR for next year for my vegan family of four. Busy taking so many notes on food! Thanks to everyone for posting all your experiences. I am so fortunate to live in Portland, OR - we are spoiled with great vegan food all over the city.
itsalebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #207
itsalebeau
Mouseketeer

So I've seen a lot of talk about the vegan veggie burgers served around WDW...does anyone know if these are also served at DLR (like is it a Disney-wide thing?). I saw a blog comment that said the veg burgers at DLR aren't vegan. I was kind of hoping that the restaurants that are similar at both MK's were, well, similar!
itsalebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 05:23 PM   #208
honeybiscuit
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnson View Post
I haven't read thru the entire thread but just so everyone is aware the sauce at Yak & Yeti contains shellfish. They were kind enough to make DD's entree (lo mein w/tofu) in a separate kitchen in a vegetarian sauce:

Thank you for posting about this! I can't believe Disney thinks it's OK to have Yak and Yeti's only "vegetarian" entree contain shellfish. No mention of it in the description. It's troublesome for vegetarians/vegans, and one of the most common allergens to boot! So thoughtless.
honeybiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #209
poeticeclipse
Mouseketeer

Captain Cooks

My pescetarian/sometimes full vegetarian husband and I will be staying at the Polynesian in 5 weeks and we'd like some tips when it comes to Captain Cooks.

What are their options for vegetarians? I see they have salad, can they do that without the chicken? Can they do the pizza without meat? And my husband must know... do they have veggie burgers?!!
Thanks folks!
'04: Off-property
'05: Pop Century
June '06: Pop Century

May-June '07: Disneymoon
April-May '08: Pop
September '08: CBR - First Mother/Daughter Trip
September '09: Pop Century - 2nd Mother/Daughter Trip
October '10: Won a free WDW vacation!
March '11: All-Star Sports - Friends Trip
October '11: CBR - Friends Trip

Follow me on Twitter! @Stacey87
disney-nerd.blogspot.com

poeticeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #210
jjohnson

Volunteer cheerleader for the official "exclusive tag fairy club" cheering squad.

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybiscuit View Post
Thank you for posting about this! I can't believe Disney thinks it's OK to have Yak and Yeti's only "vegetarian" entree contain shellfish. No mention of it in the description. It's troublesome for vegetarians/vegans, and one of the most common allergens to boot! So thoughtless.
I agree
Boardwalk Villas 2007
BWI Deluxe Concierge 2006 Saratoga Springs Resort 2006
Polynesian LVC 2005 Beach Club LVC 2005
Disneyland 2003
jjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: