Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-29-2010, 07:26 AM   #661
serene56
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 4,325

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
What kind of Photopass discounts or deals have been offered in the past for MNSSHP?
40% off of any photo taken that day.
__________________
Epcot passports -ebay- Joephila1
serene56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:43 AM   #662
teedee
DIS Veteran
 
teedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 536

Wow, what a great thread! We'll be at the Sept 14 party. IT's our first time at the Halloween party. I'll have my laptop with me and should be able to post pictures the next day, but won't have a scanner for the maps, I should be able to take photos of it, if that would help.

Looks like there will be a lot of Dis'ers at the first party. We haven't decided for sure on costumes yet. My DGS wants to be Buzz. I have a ghost costume I might wear and DD and DSIL are undecided on dressing up as of yet, bt will probably wear Halloween costumes at the very least.

Terri
__________________
teedee is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #663
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,896

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
does anyone know where to buy Disney Halloween t-shirts for adults? I looked on the disney shopping sight and only found kids. we don't want to dress up for the party but would like tees
you could just buy the 'official' party shirts in the park & change into them.

photopass rules for party events has changed over the years (you used to get a free pic vs 40% off). Pretty sure the pictures taken via photopass during last years' MVMCP were on our CD we ordered, maybe somebody else can confirm?
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #664
ARamsay
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 8

Getting so excited now!!! Got all our costumes sorted, I'll be snow white, one of my sisters will be tinkerbell and my husband and younger sister are going as Mr and Mrs potato head, we will be there on the 14th so if anyone sees a very tall Mr potato head say hello!!!!

Last year on our honeymoon I had the minnie ears and veil and my hubby had the top hat so had lots of congratulations!! Can't wait to go
__________________



04/09/09 - 18/09/09 - Honeymoon Orlando - Doubletree resort, International Drive
04/09/10 - 18/09/10 - Villa in Kissimee, celebrating
1st wedding anniversary, mum's 50th and sisters 21st
ARamsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #665
3honzes
Earning My Ears
 
3honzes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 52

I just got my husband and I t-shirts from the disney store. They are from the nightmare before christmas and were on special 2 for 24.00
3honzes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #666
liriel
Mouseketeer
 
liriel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 129

What a great thread. I am going to my first MNSSHP in Oct. Can't wait to see the reports of people going in Sept. Can you add the Halloween party photopass to your regular photopass photos or do they have to come on different CDs. We will be at Disney for 5 days and I don't want to have to get 2 separate CDs of photos.
liriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:27 PM   #667
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by liriel View Post
What a great thread. I am going to my first MNSSHP in Oct. Can't wait to see the reports of people going in Sept. Can you add the Halloween party photopass to your regular photopass photos or do they have to come on different CDs. We will be at Disney for 5 days and I don't want to have to get 2 separate CDs of photos.
They can all go together on 1 CD! Don't miss the hitchhiking ghosts special effects shot!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #668
nurse27
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 97

Hi Everyone! My husband and I are looking at going to the party on one of the following nights...Fri Oct 1st, Sun Oct 3rd, or Fri Oct 8. Just wondering if someone has any insider tips or historical tips on which night would be the least crowded out of these. This is our first Halloween party. We are so excited!!!
nurse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:31 PM   #669
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse27 View Post
Hi Everyone! My husband and I are looking at going to the party on one of the following nights...Fri Oct 1st, Sun Oct 3rd, or Fri Oct 8. Just wondering if someone has any insider tips or historical tips on which night would be the least crowded out of these. This is our first Halloween party. We are so excited!!!
Of those 3, hands down Sunday night the 3rd. More locals come out on Friday and Saturday night when there's no school the next day. And the 8th is Columbus Day weekend. Things get really busy.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:37 PM   #670
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,356

Do I have to call to get the AP discount? I see nothing on the website.
Lou Holtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #671
sharig5576
momof2boys
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoresnr View Post
does anyone know where to buy Disney Halloween t-shirts for adults? I looked on the disney shopping sight and only found kids. we don't want to dress up for the party but would like tees
We're going to MNSSHP Halloween night and are ordering these:

http://www.zazzle.com/235347177534979416
sharig5576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:45 PM   #672
pmdeve
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 753

I am only on page 3 but I want to say Thank You for posting this thread. This is the first time we are going. I am getting a lot of good tips. It really sounds exciting. Can't wait to read the rest of the thread. Thank you , Thank you , thank you.
pmdeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:22 PM   #673
teedee
DIS Veteran
 
teedee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: McDonough, GA
Posts: 536

My grandson keeps changing his mind how he wants to dress up at the Halloween party. Now he's saying a pirate. Will they let him bring his foam sword in with him? I know they sell wooden swords at the Pirates of the Caribbean dump shop, so I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but you never know, so I thought I'd ask.

Terri
__________________
teedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:39 PM   #674
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!
 
keishashadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 19,896

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Of those 3, hands down Sunday night the 3rd. More locals come out on Friday and Saturday night when there's no school the next day. And the 8th is Columbus Day weekend. Things get really busy.
normally, Sunday would've been our 1st choice too but I bought tix for Thursday afterwards (10/7)as i was concerned many of the runners (who are getting the 1 free tix for that night-10/3) will decide to stay for the . Hard to tell as it'll be the 1st year for this event. Do wish we could get down there a day early, sounds like alot of fun for a family 5K

The inaugural Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon on Oct. 2 has reached capacity, but people looking for some exercise that day – combined with some Disney theme park fun on Oct. 3 – can still enter Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run 5K.

Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run, at 7 a.m. on Oct. 2, is the only Disney 5K with a course through Magic Kingdom – and is unique also in that entry includes admission to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on Oct. 3 after regular park hours.


The 5K course is Halloween-themed, enticing race participants to be immersed in the fantasy of Halloween and dress up as their favorite character or villain! This is the ultimate race around the neighborhood – a race to the finish to receive a "trick or treat bag of refreshments."

More information and registration is available at www.DisneyWineDineRun.com.
__________________
Will trade 'nanners taken in trade by the Tag Fairy for your tag for tags!

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #675
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran
 
mom2rtk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 29,966

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
normally, Sunday would've been our 1st choice too but I bought tix for Thursday afterwards (10/7)as i was concerned many of the runners (who are getting the 1 free tix for that night-10/3) will decide to stay for the . Hard to tell as it'll be the 1st year for this event. Do wish we could get down there a day early, sounds like alot of fun for a family 5K

The inaugural Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon on Oct. 2 has reached capacity, but people looking for some exercise that day – combined with some Disney theme park fun on Oct. 3 – can still enter Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run 5K.

Mickey's Halloween Family Fun Run, at 7 a.m. on Oct. 2, is the only Disney 5K with a course through Magic Kingdom – and is unique also in that entry includes admission to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party on Oct. 3 after regular park hours.


The 5K course is Halloween-themed, enticing race participants to be immersed in the fantasy of Halloween and dress up as their favorite character or villain! This is the ultimate race around the neighborhood – a race to the finish to receive a "trick or treat bag of refreshments."

More information and registration is available at www.DisneyWineDineRun.com.
I had forgotten about that. I probably would have passed on that night too. Thursday should be a good choice.
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: