Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
tmoreno34
Earning My Ears

Lanyards

We are leaving next week for our cruise. Where can I purchase lanyards?

Thanks
tmoreno34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

If this is not your first cruise, you will receive Castaway Club lanyards when you check in based on your level. If this is your first time, yea! They have an area by the kids registration were they have a few lanyards at times. Otherwise, you can buy onboard, or prepurchase through the gifts & ammenities section on www.disneycruise.com
Have a wonderful trip!

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2010, 08:58 PM   #3
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

I suggest you wait to buy them on board...then you don't have to pay tax! But you won't be able to purchase them till the ship has left port.

If you don't necessarily NEED a DCL one, you can usually get them at Walmart and Target in the luggage section for much less money.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
Galactus
Mouseketeer

Lanyard plastic attachment to hold kttw card

Hi!

This will be our 2nd cruise on the Wonder this Thursday. Can anyone please tell me of the quality of the plastic attachment to the Castaway Cay LANYARD that holds the KTTW card? I am wondering if this is attachment will 'fall' off if I simply leave the kids' cards with them in their lanyard as they play on the ship in the kids' clubs.

Thanks!
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #5
minisiren
Minisiren-Jen

About a month or so ago, Party City had some Disney lanyards for 99 cents! I got a Toy Story one for my DS (15months) so we can start his pin collection!
Old 08-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #6
SMFFMS
Mouseketeer

you can get them on the ship. also for cheaper disney ones stoip at target or walmart in florida. they sell disney stuff for cheaper.
SMFFMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
AKMOUSE
Mouseketeer

I wish I had known about lanyards before our cruise.
We bought them on the ship. Not sure about the quality of the ones the Castaway Club people get.

I will say that the ones we bought just had a slide in pocket. My kids kept losing their KTTW card. Eventually we quit letting them wear their own.

I have seen some that have a slider to keep everything in it safe. I would recommend those.
Dream, March 2012

Aulani: October 2013
AKMOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:18 AM   #8
shoppgirl
DIS Veteran

I would suggest that (for kids especially who only have one card to worry about) that you don't use the plastic pouch but to punch a hole right in the card and attach it directly to the lanyard. Guest relations may have an industrial strength hole puncher to help you with that. Others have said they packed their own hole puncher. We sailed RCI and that's how everyone wore their cards. I am hoping it is the same ( or is ok) on Disney. This way will gaurantee you don't lose the card unless you take off your lanyard in the first place and misplace that!

Disney Dream Cruise July 2011
Disney Dream Cruise July 2012

Animal Kingdom Lodge May 2013

Disneyland Hotel March 2014
shoppgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
Tinked
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Hi!

This will be our 2nd cruise on the Wonder this Thursday. Can anyone please tell me of the quality of the plastic attachment to the Castaway Cay LANYARD that holds the KTTW card? I am wondering if this is attachment will 'fall' off if I simply leave the kids' cards with them in their lanyard as they play on the ship in the kids' clubs.

Thanks!
DVC also gives out lanyards if you are a member usually. On all of the lanyards I have had from DCL or DVC the plastic seals closed so the cards are secure. I have only had the attachment come off once and I think that was my fault as I didn't have it on right.
Cruises: Wonder '05, 2/07/09 Western Caribbean on Magic, Wonder Bounce Back 9/24/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 1/30/10, EBTA Bound for Barcelona 4/10/2010, 9/12/2010 Member Cruise, Aug. 23, 2011 Alaska, 6/10/12 Cruise to Canada, 6/15/12 Cruise to Nowhere
Future Cruises: 9/02/12 Cruise to Canada, 5/06/2013 WBPC, 8/25/13 Gayle's b-day cruise Dream
Tinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #10
ibouncetoo
I get excited by the little things!
I follow directions well!!!
I'm not allowed to buy any more craft supplies till I actually MAKE something LOL

Yes, they can punch it for you at guest services.

Jackie '99-01AllStar Movies 02-03Many trips DLR '03 Nov AKL/Swan 04 April POFQ Oct offsite/Dolphin 05 Jan POP/WL,3DLR Nov POFQ/Wonder/POP 06 2DLR, Nov Magic DD 07 May DLR Dec SSR/Wonder 08 April DLR May Magic-WBPC Sept DLR 09 Sept WDW/Magic-Tortola Nov DLR 10 Jan Magic-Western, April EBTA 11 Jan 2Day Wonder April LA Repo/Alaska Nov Dream B2B 12 Wonder-Hawaii Dec Fantasy-SanJuan 13 2x DLR, Nov Dream 4 day

ibouncetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #11
LuvIt
Mouseketeer

Just want to see if I understand what I am reading here:

If you are a DVC member then you are typically given a lanyard on the cruise.

If not a DVC member (that's us!) I should buy a lanyard before we go or, could pay more and buy one on the ship.

If you don't have a lanyard you would need to card the room card in your pocket, etc. at all times on the boat. I don't see me constantly carrying a purse or do ladies do that on board?
LuvIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:00 AM   #12
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvIt View Post
Just want to see if I understand what I am reading here:

If you are a DVC member then you are typically given a lanyard on the cruise.

If not a DVC member (that's us!) I should buy a lanyard before we go or, could pay more and buy one on the ship.

If you don't have a lanyard you would need to card the room card in your pocket, etc. at all times on the boat. I don't see me constantly carrying a purse or do ladies do that on board?
Also if this is NOT your first cruise you will be given a lanyard as part of the Castaway CLub (DVC or not).

Yes, many ladies do carry a purse! Beach bags are common on deck too!

Personally I don't and I enjoy having a lanyard. My meet thread on my last cruise purchased our own personalized lanyards for our group to wear, and I am running a lanyards group for my upcoming cruise as well. Nearly 200 of us will be wearing our own exclusive lanyard design on our Halloween cruise!

You will enjoy having one onboard as it really does make it easy to keep track of your KTTW (room key)!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:23 AM   #13
LuvIt
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your speedy reply!
Our first cruise will be next fall, Mexican Riviera, so no Castaway Club for us. Think I'll be keeping my eye out for lanyards. Easy for my 10 yr old DS to just slip it on and not lose it. I like the idea of having a hole punched directly in the card by Guest Services.
LuvIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #14
BealsRwe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Hi!

Thanks!
The KTTW card holder with the Castaway Club lanyards is a zippered pouch. We don't send our DD,age 6, to the club with her key, as she doesn't need yet. I have never had a problem with the holder.

Platinum DCL
17 DCL cruises, 1 Carnival, 1 Royal Caribbean, and counting!!!
BealsRwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:58 AM   #15
True Romance
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Yes, many ladies do carry a purse! Beach bags are common on deck too!

Personally I don't and I enjoy having a lanyard. My meet thread on my last cruise purchased our own personalized lanyards for our group to wear, and I am running a lanyards group for my upcoming cruise as well. Nearly 200 of us will be wearing our own exclusive lanyard design on our Halloween cruise!
Can you tell me where you are getting your personalized lanyards from? I would be interested in organizing them for my meet thread. They sound neat.
Disney Wonder 4.17.11 10 Hot Nights on the Mexican Riveria
Disney Wonder 2.12.12 Mexican Rivera
Tinkerbell 1/2 Marathon 1.21.13
Wine & Dine 1/2 Marathon 11.10.13-C2C
Tinkerbell 1/2 1.17.14
Avengers 1/2 11.16.14
True Romance is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: