Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 10:46 PM   #646
44sun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolwoodpr View Post
I am in Castle Rock. On our website we have several Colorado members as well. Another in Castle Rock, one in Lakewood and one in Broomfield.

People can't tell me we inland folks don't ever get to the Disney parks, that's for sure!
Ok, I realize that I'm butting in here but we're in SE Aurora/Centennial area. So cool to see other folks from Colorado!

Nov. 2003 - Celebration World Resort
Nov. 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
Oct. 2010 - a Tuscan Ridge home
Oct. 2013 - Emerald Island home - a mother, daughter & friends vacation!

Mom DD17 DD20

Be kind...
44sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #647
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
When did you get that response? I mailed last week and got a generic reply of the events that occur during the party and not a time to enter!
about 2 seconds before i posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by M likes the mouse View Post
Thanks for this information. I guess I never got the storyline then.
im a MH geetkthe HM backstory tends to morph, different takes over the years. If you do a search you'll be surprised as to all the different stories, etc. and there is a fascinating coffeetable type book by jason surrell (sp) re it and other disney related attractions, etc.

u got me curious as to the black-widow-bride's name in the attic, I googled it it's Constance

one interesting take on HM:

Master Gracey had been married 6 times previously, but all of his wives had died. One day, a new girl moved into the town of Liberty. Her name was Emily. She was the most beautiful girl that any had laid eyes upon. She was also full of spirit and energy, and it was this playfull nature that attracted Master Gracey to her. They began courting, and after a few months, were set to be married.

On her wedding day, in keeping with her playful nature, Emily decided to play a trick on her beloved. She snuck up to the attic minutes before the ceremony and decided to hide. Unfortunately, the trunk locked, and nobody heard her cries for help. She suffocated, and then died. After an exhausting search, when Emily did not show to the wedding, Master Gracey found a bit of fabric sticking out of an old trunk in the attack. It was a piece of Emily's wedding gown. She lay in the trunk, lifeless from lack of air. Master Gracey was grief stricken as he made plans for the funeral. He hired a horse drawn carridge to take the Emily's body to the cemetary, but on the way...something spooked the horse and the horses pulled the carridge off into the night.

The next morning after a thick fog rose from around the mansion...the carridge was revealed standing alone outside. The driver, horses, and most importantly, Emily's body were no where to be found...all that was left of Master Gracey's beloved bride was her wedding ring which had fallen off her hand...but it had been stomped into the pavement by the hooves of the stampedeing horses. He clawed at it for hours, but to no avail...it was there forever...as a perminant reminder of his lost love.

This was the last straw for Master Gracey. He was so grief stricken, he went back to the mansion, and hung himself.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #648
M likes the mouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by keishashadow View Post
about 2 seconds before i posted

im a MH geetkthe HM backstory tends to morph, different takes over the years. If you do a search you'll be surprised as to all the different stories, etc. and there is a fascinating coffeetable type book by jason surrell (sp) re it and other disney related attractions, etc.

u got me curious as to the black-widow-bride's name in the attic, I googled it it's Constance

one interesting take on HM:

Master Gracey had been married 6 times previously, but all of his wives had died. One day, a new girl moved into the town of Liberty. Her name was Emily. She was the most beautiful girl that any had laid eyes upon. She was also full of spirit and energy, and it was this playfull nature that attracted Master Gracey to her. They began courting, and after a few months, were set to be married.

On her wedding day, in keeping with her playful nature, Emily decided to play a trick on her beloved. She snuck up to the attic minutes before the ceremony and decided to hide. Unfortunately, the trunk locked, and nobody heard her cries for help. She suffocated, and then died. After an exhausting search, when Emily did not show to the wedding, Master Gracey found a bit of fabric sticking out of an old trunk in the attack. It was a piece of Emily's wedding gown. She lay in the trunk, lifeless from lack of air. Master Gracey was grief stricken as he made plans for the funeral. He hired a horse drawn carridge to take the Emily's body to the cemetary, but on the way...something spooked the horse and the horses pulled the carridge off into the night.

The next morning after a thick fog rose from around the mansion...the carridge was revealed standing alone outside. The driver, horses, and most importantly, Emily's body were no where to be found...all that was left of Master Gracey's beloved bride was her wedding ring which had fallen off her hand...but it had been stomped into the pavement by the hooves of the stampedeing horses. He clawed at it for hours, but to no avail...it was there forever...as a perminant reminder of his lost love.

This was the last straw for Master Gracey. He was so grief stricken, he went back to the mansion, and hung himself.
Wow, I never knew that the haunted mansion had such an interesting and varied history. I'm still a Disney newbie (I went to Disneyland for the first time in 2008) and I've just begun learning and about the history and backbones of the rides and what was envisioned by the imagineers. Also, french being my first language I sometimes have trouble understanding all that's being said on a ride.

Thanks a lot for this info, I'll look for that book. I'll just have to rack my brain for new ideas for Halloween costumes then.
Dec 08 DL, Aug 09 POP , June 10 POP, Oct 10 Beach Club, Dec 10,CBR, May 11, DLP Sequoia Lodge, Aug 11 Dolphin, Dec 2011 DL offsite, March 12 CBR, June 12 AKL, Sept 12 Beach Club, Feb 13 POR, Aug 2013 DL Disneyland Hotel, Feb 14 POR
Me: DH Simba Mitten Chloe
Run Disney addiction:
Feb 14 GSC, Aug 13 DDD, Feb 13 PHM, Sept 12 TOT 10 miler
M likes the mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:55 AM   #649
taychase1015
Mouseketeer

We will be going 10/26. DH, DNiece,Dnephew and myself. No costume ideas yet.
taychase1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #650
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

i may break out the minnie costume (that i snagged on disneyshopping for a steal during summer one year) if it's not projected to be too hot. I left it at home last time & glad I did...no fun to tromp around overdressed in the heat. How many managed to wear full pirate regalia was beyond me.

i giggle when i see the incredible family groups, they r brave souls to wear that costume.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 03:21 PM   #651
TBGOES2DISNEY
DIS Veteran

Several people have said that Halloween week will be busy for the party and likely to sell out. What about Nov. 1?

AsMo 9/06 FD_AsMo 01/08_POP 09/08 FD_POP 12/09 MVMCP & FD_POR 10/10 MNSSHP & FD_ POR 11/11 FD_POR 12/12 FD_No trip 2013 _POP 05/14

TBGOES2DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:52 PM   #652
treehugnmama
I am soo excited i just have a problem with procrastination

my daughter wants to be willy from free willy I had a bbb booked and she was going to be cinderella. Any idea on how to make a willy costume for the floriday hear. She said she will wear black bants and long sleeve shirt and wants me to sew on whlte whale spots but it is sooo hot. She has aspergers and is very particular on how "real" it must look.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #653
ILoveMyGirls
DIS Veteran

we so can't wait to go
ILoveMyGirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #654
3Leafs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugnmama View Post
my daughter wants to be willy from free willy I had a bbb booked and she was going to be cinderella. Any idea on how to make a willy costume for the floriday hear. She said she will wear black bants and long sleeve shirt and wants me to sew on whlte whale spots but it is sooo hot. She has aspergers and is very particular on how "real" it must look.
I went on google and typed in whale costume and there are lots of ideas out there. Good luck. My ds7 is Autistic and I can so relate to how they have to be "just right" my ds is going as buzz light year.. It will be so hot but there is no changing his mind..
Old 08-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #655
Berlioz70
DIS Veteran

How cute is this - make at home perry costume: http://dabbled.org/2009/11/the-perry...s-costume.html
Old 08-28-2010, 07:08 PM   #656
stephielela
DIS Veteran

I went to the Disney store yesterday and saw some of the Halloween merchandise! I am so excited for shopping on our trip now!
stephielela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #657
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

What kind of Photopass discounts or deals have been offered in the past for MNSSHP?

GetGlowing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:00 AM   #658
nurse27
Mouseketeer

I am sure the answer to this question is somewhere in this thread but didn't see it scanning through. My husband and I are actually driving down from GA for the Halloween party (I have heard so many great things). We are only purchasing tickets to the party...not park tickets. What time can we come into magic kingdom that day? I heard a rumor its 4? We just decided to do a small weekend trip to enjoy the party and go to seaworld (never been to seaworld either). Then we will be back to Disney for a week in December.
nurse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:32 AM   #659
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
What kind of Photopass discounts or deals have been offered in the past for MNSSHP?
I believe I saw they give a photopass card for the event with 40% off pictures... if you are on facebook and press "like" for the photopass page you can pre-order the cd for $99...sometimes you will get an email from Disney (if you booked thru them) for the same offer shortly before your trip
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:34 AM   #660
eeyoresnr
DIS Veteran

does anyone know where to buy Disney Halloween t-shirts for adults? I looked on the disney shopping sight and only found kids. we don't want to dress up for the party but would like tees
1963-1999 Disneyland... Too many to list /Feb 2003 WDW All Star Sports- (Honeymoon- 1st WDW trip) / Jan 2004 WDW CSR (1st Anniversary)/ Aug 2004 Disneyland (Home-Sweet-Home) / Aug 2005 WDW CSR & POR / Dec 2005 CBR (MVMCP)/March 2006 WDW CSR (Braves / Dodgers) / April 2006 POR (Daughters 21st Birthday)Dec 2007 WDW ASMusic & Villas @WL (My Birthday & Our 5th Anniversary & 2 MVMCP)
Feb 2008 Pop Century / April 2008 ASMovies / Dec 2008 ASMusic, CR & OKW & AKL-(CL) MVMCP/Steam Train & Keys to the Kingdom Tours...
May 2009 CSR / Dec 2009 CSR & AKV Kidani SV / Bay Lake Towers / Boardwalk Villas (Backstage Magic Tour) / April 2010 AKV Kidani SV & FW Cabins / May 2010 CBR / Sept 2010 OKW / Dec 2010 CSR (My 50th Birthday)
April 2011 A.S. Sports/Bonnet Creek / May 2011 Bonnet Creek / Dec 2013 Bonnet Creek / March-April 2014 Bonnet Creek
Working on my ROAR! Jaxon's First trip to meet Mickey Mouse... Pre-Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2988090
eeyoresnr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: