Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #1591
DisneyCrafter
DIS Veteran

I don't think it's crazy at all not to watch videos of things you want to experience first hand. I "refuse" to watch any video of opening ceremony because I want to see it for the first time in person!

Old 08-28-2010, 03:36 PM   #1592
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Since I am behind now on my countdown, I am going to try to get caught up on it, then post daily itinerary card updates and other projects. Whew…thanks for sticking it out with me!!

14. Mad Tea Party or as Lilian calls them the spinning cups or tea cups

This was one of the first rides I showed to Lilian on YouTube when talking about our trip. She asks almost daily to see the video of the spinning cups or tea cups (depending on how she asks). This will be another first for all of us!!

Pictures (first from AllEars, second is from Boston Globe’s website):

Photography Note: I hope to get some fun pictures of the blurred background while on the ride!!

Here is the video Lilian asks for frequently, Mad Tea Party

Who likes this ride? Anyone not like it? In addition to the ride, I hope we have luck seeing Alice and the Mad Hatter.
I love Mad Tea Party...as long as you don't spin me too fast.

I have noticed that if you are there for rope drop and head straight to the teacups that Alice and the Mad Hatter are often by the ride for photos or riding the ride with a child or two.
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #1593
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
:bana na:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
2 Weeks! Time to
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Thank you for celebrating with me!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 05:09 PM   #1594
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
My kids love the teacups! Me not as much We've seen Alice there several times so hopefully you'll find her too.
Thanks Jenny!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #1595
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
I've never seen Illuminations, but would absolutely love to one day. As for the Mad Tea Party... not so much for me. I feel sick just spinning around a few times dancing with Ashlyn. I'm just not made for spinny rides.
When you get an opportunity to be able to go to more than MK--I cannot wait to see your reaction!! I get dizzy spinning Lilian in the lake and around the house sometimes too. We'll see how it goes!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #1596
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
We're looking forward to both of these things as well. I think the teacups are right up there with Dumbo as being quintessentially Disney. When I was a little girl and dreamed of Disney I dreamed of the teacups! And I'm also hoping for some cool panning shots on them!
I agree Hope! It definitely is a classic, along with IASWAA IMO. I hope the panning shots come out for both of us!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #1597
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyCrafter View Post
I don't think it's crazy at all not to watch videos of things you want to experience first hand. I "refuse" to watch any video of opening ceremony because I want to see it for the first time in person!
Thanks Sara for making feel not so crazy!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #1598
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Two week dancin'

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 08-28-2010, 05:32 PM   #1599
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I love Mad Tea Party...as long as you don't spin me too fast.

I have noticed that if you are there for rope drop and head straight to the teacups that Alice and the Mad Hatter are often by the ride for photos or riding the ride with a child or two.

Thanks Kathy! We will be in MK early on Tuesday, so hopefully we will catch her then! (I agree about not spinning too fast )
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 05:33 PM   #1600
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
Two week dancin'
Thank you Sophia!! You are under two weeks!!! !!!!!!!!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 06:12 PM   #1601
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Next up…

12. New Shows: FOTLK, FN, Beauty and the Beast and VOTLM

Hard to believe, but I have not seen any of these shows listed above. On our last trip, we only saw Indiana Jones and LMA. We have a lot of ground to make up!

Pictures I have generously pulled from AllEars (I cannot wait to have pictures of my own!!!):

In the mood to take an armchair tour of the shows at Disney, here are four videos to take you merrily on your way:

Beauty and the Beast
Finding Nemo
Festival of the Lion King
Voyage of the Little Mermaid

Again, I have not watched these as I rather experience the shows in person. I do not think anything in these will bother Lilian, so I have not previewed them with her either. I think she will love them though!! I am really looking for experiencing them myself but also seeing her reaction to them.
What shows are on your not-to-be missed list? If you could only watch ONE show ever again, which would you choose (ones not listed above count too)?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #1602
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Daily Itinerary Card, September 14th

Whew, now that I am all caught up on my countdown, I am going to post the next three Daily Itinerary Cards. I am going to go ahead and post them separately, to hopefully allow for easier feedback.

Next up is Lilian’s birthday!! It is probably our busiest day of the whole week. Good thing we have a rest day the following day.

Thoughts? I hope we are able to finish FL on Saturday, but if we do not than we can always begin our day there. Of course, if there are any favorites we have to do than those will go into the touring plans too.

What is your favorite treat from the Main Street Bakery?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 06:34 PM   #1603
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Wednesday is our relaxed day, to recover from the night before. I went ahead and created an itinerary card anyways, just so I have one for every day.

I did not put any plans for our mommy/daughter time. I want to keep that open as I mentioned before but I am leaning towards going to MK. It will depend on how Lilian is fairing by today.

Thoughts??
Pretty simple day but I think it will be great!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-28-2010, 06:38 PM   #1604
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I thought it was funny that I've seen all of the shows you are looking forward to and I haven't seen the shows you've already seen (LMA and Indiana Jones.) Too bad we can't combine our memories
Old 08-28-2010, 06:40 PM   #1605
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Onto Thursday of our birthday celebration, this is the day we are going to go to AK. We start the day off with breakfast with Donald, Daisy, Mickey and Minnie.

What do you think about our AK day? I am bypassing the train and conservation station this trip. I hope we can make it to see both FOTLK and FN but that will depend on how we are all doing (since AK can feel so much hotter than any other park!!).
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: