Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2010, 07:32 PM   #1561
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Another great plan! Our 2nd day at Epcot will also go straight through with no break- and I'm nervous about it too! I'll be anxious to read how your day goes.
I'm sure it will go well!! Just make sure you leave time for them to be goofy if needed.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-25-2010, 09:34 PM   #1562
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Did you all see that Chef Mickey's added a lunch for August and September because of the crowds during FD?
I certainly hope this does not mean the crowds are going to be crazy during our trip. Hopefully it is just because Chef Mickey's is popular and wanted to offer more opportunities to dine there. The dates are now through August 29th and then pick up September 19th--after our dates. Hopefully that means our dates are not too crazy.
Hey Steph, the added lunch last year too. The crowds were not too crazy. Just occasionally at certain times of the day it got a little over crowded but overall not bad. Most things were a walk on or short wait, except the usual long wait rides.

I love all you planning tools especially the photo pass and character information. I could of used that last trip. I didnt know much about photo pass so we really didnt utilize it.

I can believe your trip is right around the corner. I am so excited for you.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #1563
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Getting a frame for autographs is such a neat idea!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 08-26-2010, 10:20 AM   #1564
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Hey Steph, the added lunch last year too. The crowds were not too crazy. Just occasionally at certain times of the day it got a little over crowded but overall not bad. Most things were a walk on or short wait, except the usual long wait rides.

I love all you planning tools especially the photo pass and character information. I could of used that last trip. I didnt know much about photo pass so we really didnt utilize it.

I can believe your trip is right around the corner. I am so excited for you.
Thank you for the reassurance Lindsay!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #1565
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Getting a frame for autographs is such a neat idea!
Thank you Amy!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 AM   #1566
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am glad they brought it back too!! Makes sense to me. What a great character experience for Madison!! I hope we are lucky and get great ones too.

Definitely are beneficial!! Some of it might be a bit outdated, I'll let you know when I get back if I realize something is so you can tell your clients.
I had just typed out a response and another character interaction and then it just deleted!!! Ok, I'll try again.

Madison was talking about the characters yesterday and she brought up another favorite interaction she had.

We ate at Akershus our very first day in Jan 09. Madison had to get her picture with Belle retaken because someone had blinked. When she went back for the 2nd picture, Belle remembered her and asked why she was back so soon. She then told Maddie she would be in France later.

Fast forward to afternoon and we were approaching France. We saw that Belle & the Beast were out doing a meet and greet and we got in line. Once in line, we noticed it was Belle from breakfast (now in her blue dress). When it was Madison's turn, Belle remembered her!!!! She asked how her breakfast was and it she was having a fun day. The Beast loved her headband she was wearing too. Belle then gave Madison the biggest hug and I just melted.

I don't have to pic on my computer, but I have a picture of my scrapbook!!!

The picture in the upper right is my favorite.

These are the Captain Hook pics I was talking about yesterday.

I don't know if you can see it, but on the left hand side, he got right in her face and would only hold her autograph book by the very edge. He passed it to Mr. Smee and had him sign it first. Then, when he was done signing, he held it way up high and made her jump for it (right page).

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #1567
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday--life got in the way of DISing. I hope to be back to do two days of countdowns and two days of itinerary cards. Here is a rundown of things I have finished this week. I have pictures to post of a few things, but they are not downloaded yet so hopefully this weekend I can get them up:

• I stayed up way too late last night to make Lilian's car treat bags, birthday treats and favor bags (she is having a few friends to the lake for a girlie swim party). I also organized our miscellaneous medicine/first aid and other necessities.
  • Our Tinker Bell surprises have been taken out their package and put into one bag (so I don't wake her up when trying to set them out at night after she is asleep ) and our rest stop bag/activities are coming together.
  • I also was able to make our MouseKeeping tip holders this past week.

I"m slowly getting things checked off the to-do list!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #1568
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Your getting lots accomplished! I still need to get my tip envelopes finished, thanks for the reminder! I hope life settles down so you have time to post plans- I so enjoy reading them!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #1569
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry for the lack of updates yesterday--life got in the way of DISing. I hope to be back to do two days of countdowns and two days of itinerary cards. Here is a rundown of things I have finished this week. I have pictures to post of a few things, but they are not downloaded yet so hopefully this weekend I can get them up:

• I stayed up way too late last night to make Lilian's car treat bags, birthday treats and favor bags (she is having a few friends to the lake for a girlie swim party). I also organized our miscellaneous medicine/first aid and other necessities.
  • Our Tinker Bell surprises have been taken out their package and put into one bag (so I don't wake her up when trying to set them out at night after she is asleep ) and our rest stop bag/activities are coming together.
  • I also was able to make our MouseKeeping tip holders this past week.

I"m slowly getting things checked off the to-do list!!!
You're reminding me of the many things I still have to do!

I hope Lilian has a great b/day party!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 08-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #1570
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Everything is looking great Stephanie! Your Epcot days look wonderful! Definitely take advantage of the Visa Meet n' Greet! We were lucky enough to have Mickey and Minnie! We had a great time in there this trip and seemed to have a bit longer visiting time than usual! We got a few great pics too!! Those character cards are awesome! I should have done more digging around on the DISigns board!
This is one of my faves from the Meet n' Greet. The unstaged moments!

Helen dancing during Move It Shake It!

Gabe with one of the "magic" shots! He loved seeing this once we got the CD!!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:13 PM   #1571
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie...

sorry I got a bit behind...10 pgs....first week of school for my kids, a multitude of other crazy things and mega planning for my Dis-Spectrum Mom trip in Jan, finally stealing an hour to get caught up w/ all my sub's...

still loving your countdown and questions:

Quote:

Because I did not want to post a video of golfing , I thought I would post one of my favorite Disney YouTube Videos—The Wolfs Dance Orlando! It makes me excited for our trip and so happy!!
I LOVE LOVE this video! I keep telling DH I want to do something like this

Quote:
I have it downstairs already, ready to be wrapped here in the next couple nights. We will let her pick out an outfit or two too as the week progresses. Does anyone have one of these dolls?

I don't have this doll, but both my older girls have AG dolls, and when Bekah was about 4 I think I bought her an older version of the Disney Girl doll, she a bit ratty now, but we still love her clothes, the disney stuff is too cute..you may have seen the Jessie outfit on Rachel's AG doll on my PTR...two trips back, my Mom bought Bekah a golden Jasmine outfit for her AG doll

Quote:
I don’t know if it was or was not offered on our last (and only) trip, but I do know we did not participate or use it last time. Not this trip! Since I am new to it, I found these cards on the DISign board informative:

can you post the thread link on these...

So I am curious to know, what are your not-to-be-missed pictures? What are your favorite photos you have ever taken (feel free to share if you like)?

I love taking pictures at WDW too....I have a specific list we must do each trip:

Bekah on the carosuel
Nathan by Zurg at the Buzz exit
Matt and I by the NYC backdrop in the Studios
the 4 kids by the AK welcome sign
Rachel on the WEDway people mover
Naomi-Ruth near TSI
a family shot w/ Mickey...trying to get him in different outfits each time
family or kids in front of Mickey's House...though this yr may be the last time for this

Of course PP pictures in front of the 4 park icons too

Also, in case you are not familiar with it, one of my favorite Disney blogs, WDW Photography. I like reading it to learn tips on how to get great photos, tailored to Disney.

thanks for this...I will show this to Matt, he as well loves taking pictures

Quote:

Who loves to meet characters? Which character(s) have you had the best experience meeting? Anyone NOT like meeting characters? How long should we be prepared to wait in line (given we are going in a traditional low season)?

ME!!!!!!!

here are a few of my favorites:

I think the best character meet and greets are when you get in on the act, they love to play along based on what you are wearing, or things you say...like the pic of the twins w/ Captain Hook and Smee....Bekah called him and "ol codfish"....it was great fun... tell them it's her b-day and they most likely will sign her book accordingly!

the only bad experiences we have had were...the Evil Queen from Snow White...well that she is...she sure played her part...and Bolt got a little over firnedly w/ the hugs for Nathan and he didn't quite like that...

I'd always count on 20-30 per interaction...and when you have a posted wait time add 10-15 on top of that for chatting and pictures...it's great fun, we love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2disneyboys View Post
My very favorite picture was taken of Myles on his first trip. He had just had his "first haircut" on main street and we got a shot of him crawling towards the castle.

this is one of the cutest pictures ever....awww

Sorry if I posted too many pictures!! I came on to post just the one and just couln't decide!!!
sorry I did the same...and I didn't even look at all our trips...
Old 08-27-2010, 04:16 PM   #1572
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Your getting lots accomplished! I still need to get my tip envelopes finished, thanks for the reminder! I hope life settles down so you have time to post plans- I so enjoy reading them!
Thank you Hope!! I appreciate the comments and suggestions from you!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #1573
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
You're reminding me of the many things I still have to do!

I hope Lilian has a great b/day party!
You will get them done Amy! Have you written a list out? That helps me out a great deal. Thank you!! I think it will be a good time.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #1574
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Everything is looking great Stephanie! Your Epcot days look wonderful! Definitely take advantage of the Visa Meet n' Greet! We were lucky enough to have Mickey and Minnie! We had a great time in there this trip and seemed to have a bit longer visiting time than usual! We got a few great pics too!! Those character cards are awesome! I should have done more digging around on the DISigns board!
This is one of my faves from the Meet n' Greet. The unstaged moments!

Helen dancing during Move It Shake It!

Gabe with one of the "magic" shots! He loved seeing this once we got the CD!!
I will Beth! It is on my list, I think Meet n Greet will be the last thing we do on our way out of EP on Sunday. Thank you for sharing the great PP photos. I love the one Helen dancing (as I mentioned on your TR)!! Gabe's is adorable holding Stitch too.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #1575
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
Hi Stephanie...

sorry I got a bit behind...10 pgs....first week of school for my kids, a multitude of other crazy things and mega planning for my Dis-Spectrum Mom trip in Jan, finally stealing an hour to get caught up w/ all my sub's...

still loving your countdown and questions:

I LOVE LOVE this video! I keep telling DH I want to do something like this

I don't have this doll, but both my older girls have AG dolls, and when Bekah was about 4 I think I bought her an older version of the Disney Girl doll, she a bit ratty now, but we still love her clothes, the disney stuff is too cute..you may have seen the Jessie outfit on Rachel's AG doll on my PTR...two trips back, my Mom bought Bekah a golden Jasmine outfit for her AG doll

ME!!!!!!!

here are a few of my favorites:

I think the best character meet and greets are when you get in on the act, they love to play along based on what you are wearing, or things you say...like the pic of the twins w/ Captain Hook and Smee....Bekah called him and "ol codfish"....it was great fun... tell them it's her b-day and they most likely will sign her book accordingly!

the only bad experiences we have had were...the Evil Queen from Snow White...well that she is...she sure played her part...and Bolt got a little over firnedly w/ the hugs for Nathan and he didn't quite like that...

I'd always count on 20-30 per interaction...and when you have a posted wait time add 10-15 on top of that for chatting and pictures...it's great fun, we love it!

sorry I did the same...and I didn't even look at all our trips...
Thank you Julie for catching up!! I appreciate it!!

Glad to know the Disney doll should hold up!! I am sure the outfits will be on her list once she gets the doll.

Thank you so much for posting the great pictures!! I love the one of Mickey with blanket on his nose.

Photopass Cards:
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...nning%20Cards/

Hopefully the link worked, but if not, LMK! **Edit: It did not work for me this time but if you go to page 103, post 1544 (my response to Hope) it has the link that works.*************
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: