Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2010, 07:54 PM   #1531
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I read this and said to myself.... "I do that too!" I have a master chart with all ADR's, etc....in Waltograph Font. I wait until the last minute to print and laminate as well.

I also do 5x7 cards (this year 4x6) that have one day each on them. I laminate those as well. I downloaded Disney clip art too for them. After I laminate them I punch holes in them with my scrapbooking tool and attach them to a ring. I then attach the ring to my backpack or purse or whatever I am carrying for the day.

Gotta keep myself organized or I will go nuts!
I agree Sophia!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-24-2010, 09:03 PM   #1532
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Number 16...

Onto another countdown item for me….

16: Photopass Service and Taking Pictures!!!!

I LOVE taking pictures, which is why I upgraded my camera to my first DSLR. I love it and learning how to use it. I will be taking bunches of photos, I’m sure. I love taking pictures of details, candids of Lilian and other family, posed pictures when possible (which is not often with a 4 year old!!).
I also plan on taking advantage of Disney’s Photopass Service. I got a great deal on the CD, but I still want to make sure we use it to the max! I know I will make sure I have pictures of all the numbers from these:

Thanks to my good friend Wendy, (wlwilliams9), I know I need to collect all the numbers so I can compile all the photos from the week. It was great to learn this information from a pro!

I don’t know if it was or was not offered on our last (and only) trip, but I do know we did not participate or use it last time. Not this trip! Since I am new to it, I found these cards on the DISign board informative:

So I am curious to know, what are your not-to-be-missed pictures? What are your favorite photos you have ever taken (feel free to share if you like)?

Also, in case you are not familiar with it, one of my favorite Disney blogs, WDW Photography. I like reading it to learn tips on how to get great photos, tailored to Disney.

And since I cannot leave without posting a video, I decided to find a photography tutorial, How to Shoot a Fireworks Show, since I know there are several of us who like fireworks.

**I apologize for the large photos--photobucket is acting up and I cannot resize them.
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 08-25-2010 at 10:27 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #1533
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Thanks for those of you responding to my questions! I really appreciate it!! Up next is my second itinerary card:

As you can see, it will be a fairly light day again. I hope we might be able to see part of FW too but that will depend on how our morning at FW progresses. Thoughts?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-24-2010, 09:56 PM   #1534
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting those cards! I knew some of those special shots, but not all of them. It's definitely a goal of mine to make use of Photopass!

One of my favorite pictures is the very first time Ashlyn met Mickey and Minnie. She was only 2 months old and was sleeping at the time, but it was such a great experience. As soon as they saw me holding Ashlyn, they were putting their finger to their mouths saying "Shhhh!" and were posing all cuddled up close to her. Let me go find the picture... ah, here it is. Sorry it's so blurry! (ugh... and please excuse the hair cut... I got it cut just a couple of days before. I told the lady I wanted shoulder length, even showed her a picture, but she decided to do something completely different than I wanted. Oh well, hair grows! )

I think even Aaron teared up a little and that may be when he started falling in love with Disney.

I have a lot of favorite pictures that have fabulous stories behind them, but that's definitely one of them.

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 08-25-2010, 12:04 AM   #1535
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the Photopass info. We did the photopass on our last trip 2 years ago. I loved the pictures we got.
Are you going to the waterparks? The photographers took some of the best pictures of my kids there!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'
Old 08-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #1536
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for that blog link! I've had my camera for a little over a year and I feel like I really know the technical aspects of photography really well so I'm trying to focus more on the creative aspects- I can't wait to check out the blog for ideas and inspiration!

Also, thanks for the photopass info! We're doing a photopass share with a group on TGM so I definately want to take advantage of this! (Although I emailed the woman in charge two days ago and haven't heard back from her- it has me a little worried! )

I think your plans look great, as usual!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:12 AM   #1537
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Photopass I love photopass!! You may have realized realized that from my trip report Luckily for you and your readers Photobucket is currently down or else I'd post too many photopass pictures. With such a large group I'm sure you'll make good use of photopass. Here is a hint you may or may not know. Take a picture with your camera of the back of your photopass card. Then if you lose the card you will still have the number and will be able to retrieve the pictures. Can't wait to see all of the pictures you take plus all of the photopass ones
Old 08-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #1538
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Hey Stephanie, I'd like to print out those PP cheat sheets, which disign thread did you find them in?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #1539
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
Thanks for posting those cards! I knew some of those special shots, but not all of them. It's definitely a goal of mine to make use of Photopass!

One of my favorite pictures is the very first time Ashlyn met Mickey and Minnie. She was only 2 months old and was sleeping at the time, but it was such a great experience. As soon as they saw me holding Ashlyn, they were putting their finger to their mouths saying "Shhhh!" and were posing all cuddled up close to her. Let me go find the picture... ah, here it is. Sorry it's so blurry! (ugh... and please excuse the hair cut... I got it cut just a couple of days before. I told the lady I wanted shoulder length, even showed her a picture, but she decided to do something completely different than I wanted. Oh well, hair grows! )

I think even Aaron teared up a little and that may be when he started falling in love with Disney.

I have a lot of favorite pictures that have fabulous stories behind them, but that's definitely one of them.
Thank you for sharing the great picture of Ashlyn at 2 months old! So precious!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-25-2010, 10:31 AM   #1540
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Thanks for posting the Photopass info. We did the photopass on our last trip 2 years ago. I loved the pictures we got.
Are you going to the waterparks? The photographers took some of the best pictures of my kids there!
No problem Amy!! It is amazing what you can find here on DIS!! We are not going to the water park this year. Maybe on another trip.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #1541
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Photopass I love photopass!! You may have realized realized that from my trip report Luckily for you and your readers Photobucket is currently down or else I'd post too many photopass pictures. With such a large group I'm sure you'll make good use of photopass. Here is a hint you may or may not know. Take a picture with your camera of the back of your photopass card. Then if you lose the card you will still have the number and will be able to retrieve the pictures. Can't wait to see all of the pictures you take plus all of the photopass ones
I love all the PP pictures on the TR!! I love how it will be possible to get the whole group in shots, or shots of my family (with me in them...gasp!!) that don't have a head cut off (hopefully).

I did know that tip, but thank you for the reminder!! Do we give it to the photographer each time to have the shots added to the card?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #1542
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Hey Stephanie, I'd like to print out those PP cheat sheets, which disign thread did you find them in?
I hope! They are DoNatalie's DISign. Here is the direct link: http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...nning%20Cards/

And in case the direct link does not work, here is the quote with the link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by donatalie View Post
When we go to Disney, I make a 3.5 x 5 planning book that I carry with me everywhere. I include travel info, hotel info, ADR's, Itinerary info, park and show hours and restaurant menus among other things. I have it bound and there is a back pocket in the bag that I carry for it.

Here is the link.....

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r...nning%20Cards/

Here is a sample. I will add more as I finish them.

I hope you enjoy them!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-25-2010, 10:55 AM   #1543
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I did know that tip, but thank you for the reminder!! Do we give it to the photographer each time to have the shots added to the card?
Yes you give the photographer your card, he takes your pictures and then he scans the card with his camera. It's easy peasy
Old 08-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #1544
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I have reached the half way point of my countdown! Today is day 15, 15 days until we leave!!!

15. Meeting the Characters, including the Princesses, Fairies, The Fab Six (have to include Daisy) and Little Einsteins

Quite a list but we are hopefully. Lilian has said she wants to hug the princesses and fairies, hug and give Minnie a kiss on her nose and meet the other characters. We will have to wait and see how she reacts. I know I want to meet some too!! On our first trip we meet Mulan (my favorite) and Cinderella (when we ate at the Castle). I hope we can meet some others. I know we will meet the bulk of the princesses at Akershus. I am tentatively planning on seeing how the line is at MNSSHP so we can meet the princes too. The Fairies are planned for her birthday morning as the first thing we will do in TT. Mickey and Gang will be at the Disney Meet n Greet as well as the Character Connection in Epcot. Tiana and Naveen are on our wish list for our first Saturday. Hopefully that will work out since I know it is difficult (at least during spring and summer) to meet them because they are so popular. Besides Lilian’s list, I am hoping to meet Mary Poppins as that is my favorite Disney movie.

Here are some fun cards I have for my binder (courtesy of Ohana90):

I think these will be handy to have in case DD asks for a specific character I can check these to see if they are listed.

Who loves to meet characters? Which character(s) have you had the best experience meeting? Anyone NOT like meeting characters? How long should we be prepared to wait in line (given we are going in a traditional low season)?

In honor of my favorite movie, I thought I would cheer you up with a song from Mary Poppins!!

**Again, sorry for the wonky pictures. I resized them in Photobucket but the site is acting up again.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-25-2010, 11:49 AM   #1545
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I can't believe your trip is in 2 weeks! It's coming up so fast!! You must be so excited

I love meeting the characters. The most fun I think was when I met Jack Sparrow. That was technically on the Disney Cruise on Castaway Cay but still. I had a shirt with his picture on it and he was like 'Hey, that guy is handsome, he looks familar.' And he stayed perfectly in character when no one was around. We were one of the first people on Castaway Cay and he was pointing at things and asking the CMs what they were. Meeting Stitch was also great because he kept taking my then boyfriend's things and throwing them in the bushes.

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu/DCL ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: