Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-21-2009, 02:39 PM   #16
traveljen1027
Mouseketeer

I'm thinking of trying the "Babies Travel Lite" services offered through the DCL website - anyone else tried this yet? I'm thinking it is worth the cost to not have to bring diapers, wipes, etc. with us...I also think we can order the disposable eating items too (forks, bibs, etc.).

I also recommend a travel stroller or checking one out onboard - I really liked the Disney ones (reminded me of a jogging stroller) and we checked one out for use while in port (great for the little ones who get tired of walking...plus its nice to have a place to store your gear while at the beach, etc.), but we also liked having our umbrella stroller with us for getting around the airport, port terminal, etc.

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 10/23/2011; Monarch of the Seas 9/12/08; Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/24/07; Holland America Oosterdam Mexican Riviera 3/17/07; Carnival Elation Eastern Caribbean 9/3/06; Holland America Zuiderdam Western Caribbean 8/27/05
traveljen1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:03 AM   #17
nemofans
DIS Veteran

I have used Babies Travel Lite twice b4 for other vacations, 1 to DL & 1 to WDW. Have not used it w/DCL, but plan on it. It made such a difference in our other 2 trips to not have to pack diaps, wipes, food, bowls, spoons, etc. They are very efficient & the packages were there b4 we arrived. When we checked in at DL, the front desk said they didn't have our package, that it didn't arrive. I called Babies Travel Lite & he called the hotel & sure enough our package was there.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 29 out of 85
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2009, 12:52 PM   #18
traveljen1027
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemofans View Post
I have used Babies Travel Lite twice b4 for other vacations, 1 to DL & 1 to WDW. Have not used it w/DCL, but plan on it. It made such a difference in our other 2 trips to not have to pack diaps, wipes, food, bowls, spoons, etc. They are very efficient & the packages were there b4 we arrived. When we checked in at DL, the front desk said they didn't have our package, that it didn't arrive. I called Babies Travel Lite & he called the hotel & sure enough our package was there.
Thanks Celeste!! This is going on my to-do list for sure then!

Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 10/23/2011; Monarch of the Seas 9/12/08; Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/24/07; Holland America Oosterdam Mexican Riviera 3/17/07; Carnival Elation Eastern Caribbean 9/3/06; Holland America Zuiderdam Western Caribbean 8/27/05
traveljen1027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #19
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Thanks for a wonderful post! I wish I had seen it before I cruised with my 4 month old!

(and what a cutie too! )

I wish I had been prepared to tip in Flounders. I admit I never thought of it. Nor did we bring any cash to do so had thought of it. I wonder if you can request a gratuity be added to your OBC via guest services for a Flounder's employee?

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #20
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Thanks for a wonderful post! I wish I had seen it before I cruised with my 4 month old!

(and what a cutie too! )

I wish I had been prepared to tip in Flounders. I admit I never thought of it. Nor did we bring any cash to do so had thought of it. I wonder if you can request a gratuity be added to your OBC via guest services for a Flounder's employee?
I'm sure they could do that

I will be bringing some pre-paid phone cards for all the staff this time
Timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:52 PM   #21
mindondisney
Mouseketeer

Welcome in the children's area?

I didn't realize that you could play with your infant in the kids' club areas. How do the staff welcome you there? Do they act like you are intruding?

Old 08-29-2009, 12:38 AM   #22
idrivealumina
Proud Member and Executive Officer of the HARDHAT BRIGADE

Thank you very much, we are cruising next week on the Magic with a 10 month old.

Disneyland x a couple (as a younger person) on property 1990
WDW AS Sports - Sept 2006
WDW AS Sports - Nov 2007
WDW AS Music - Sept 2008
DCL Western Caribbean - Sept 2009 (+1 day at MK)
WDW Kidani Village - June 2010
WDW Pop Century and DCL Bahamas - Sept 2010

OFCC
idrivealumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 11:42 AM   #23
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindondisney View Post
I didn't realize that you could play with your infant in the kids' club areas. How do the staff welcome you there? Do they act like you are intruding?

We had a great experience there. They gave us sticker name tags to put on with our baby's name on it and hers went on her back and she just went and played! We loved the little room with the computers because you could close the door and let your baby roam around. We read books in there and she crawled around and tried sitting on the chairs. Plus it's quiet in there and most of the bigger kids stayed in the main play area. Most of the time we had that little room to ourselves

Looking forward to going back with her and this time she will be running around with the big kids

The staff were nothing but warm and welcoming to us!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #24
tammer
Earning My Ears

awesome tips!!!!
tammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #25
pl'smama
A distant relation

What great tips for cruising with a baby! I am so glad I found this thread.

Timon, I was pleasantly surprised to find your thread. My DH and I have been talking about taking a cruise with our six year old DD and our son who is currently six months. I have told him more than once about a TR I read a while ago about this Canadian family who cruised with their almost one year old!! Of course this was you!!! So, thanks for all the information and it was so nice to see your DD again!! If I remember correctly you had a nickname for her that was similar to my DD's, which is a part of my screen name. Okay, maybe I am wrong about the nickname. Post pregnancy brain can do that!!!

Suz

My awesome new blog www.MapleMouseMama.com
pl'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:10 AM   #26
Timon

DIS Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pl'smama View Post
What great tips for cruising with a baby! I am so glad I found this thread.

Timon, I was pleasantly surprised to find your thread. My DH and I have been talking about taking a cruise with our six year old DD and our son who is currently six months. I have told him more than once about a TR I read a while ago about this Canadian family who cruised with their almost one year old!! Of course this was you!!! So, thanks for all the information and it was so nice to see your DD again!! If I remember correctly you had a nickname for her that was similar to my DD's, which is a part of my screen name. Okay, maybe I am wrong about the nickname. Post pregnancy brain can do that!!!

Suz

LOL, no your memory is still good Suz

Hours after she was born, when it was just me and her, I started calling her princess little (no idea why? lol) but I said it in a funny baby voice so it sounded like "pincess" and then about 2 months later, I told her that her "name" was missing something so I called her pincess little bum cus she had the cutest tiniest bum

Which then got shortened by my sister to PLB

My sister and brother still call her PLB and she's almost 3

We leave in 34 days for her second WDW/DCL trip

Last edited by Timon; 09-09-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #27
Timon

DIS Junkie

I have been meaning to post these pics for quite awhile now

I took more pics of Flounders on our October 2009 cruise, so here they are finally!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:40 AM   #28
Pinkprincessmom
Children are made readers on the laps of their parents ~ Emilie Buchwald

We cruised in December 2007 with a 9 month old. I wanted to add something about the kids club. A great time to take your little one in is when the older kids are at lunch. The whole place is empty except for a few staff cleaning up and getting ready for the next round. My nine month old almost had free run of the place during meal times. After I discovered this on our 7 day cruise, we were back during almost every meal.

The staff are great with the young ones. I tried to see an afternoon play with him in tow and he was fussing. I stood at the back and let him crawl around. The person standing near the door entertained him as well. We encountered this all over the ship...CM trying to make the cruise more enjoyable for Mommy and baby.

Pinkprincessmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:08 PM   #29
nemofans
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the nursery pics! It's nice to see what's in there.

I've been BOO'd!!

8/2000 Grosvenor Resort (got engaged!), 11/2005 DL PPH CL, 12/2006 Poly, 02/2008 AKL, 2/2010 CR CL, 2/2011 DCL Magic, 11/2011 DL GCH, 10/2012 AKL CL

2013 Book Challenge: 87 out of 75 GOAL MET!!
2014 Book Challenge: 29 out of 85
nemofans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #30
dxcspilk
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the tips! These will come in handy with our little one!
dxcspilk is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: