Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2010, 09:27 PM   #1501
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory's Gal View Post
Stephanie! I can't believe you are in the teens!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you, sorry about Lilian's ear infection, but I agree with you, if it has to happen better now than later!! That was my worry with the kiddos too leading up to our trip!

Those invitations are AWESOME! Maybe have Lilian hand deliver the tea invites?? My parents (especially my mom) LOVED the afternoon tea and commented how she would love to take Helen! I think it will be a very special afternoon and I think it's great you are getting her the doll too! That will make it extra special! Her birthday cake sounds so yummy, we never travel to WDW during an event, I might have to change that just so I can order a cake!! Cake is my favorite food!!! The Ariel dress is really cute too! She is going to look adorable! BBB sounds like so much fun!!! I hope to get Helen there too next trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!
Neither can I Beth! The summer flew by so fast since we have been busy!! Lilian seems to be doing better than the last few days, so that is a good sign!!

Thank you!! I could have Lilian give them to the other ladies, that is a good suggestion! I am looking forward to living Disney through her eyes!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-23-2010, 09:43 PM   #1502
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Love #17. I'm glad you are getting to meet Joe and Sophia too (we'll meet them towards the end of their trip (our second day there). We've not done the MNSSH party either so I'm anxious to read what people suggest to you (we're not doing costumes either--we'll probably just get "pirate hats" or something).
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #1503
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I'm really looking forward to MNSSHP too! I feel so lucky that we get to do this and I think seeing it for the first time with the kids is going to be amazing!!
Old 08-23-2010, 10:02 PM   #1504
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

MNSSHP is on my list, too! We'll see when we get there, though. We want to buy the tickets when we get there so we can get the military discount. Downside, there's always the small chance that it will sell out (though very unlikely for a September party). Upside, if it is supposed to be super rainy, we'll just not buy tickets and do it another year. Thank you so much for posting links to those videos! I'm headed to bed right now, but I am so excited to watch them tomorrow!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 08-23-2010, 11:09 PM   #1505
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love #17. I'm glad you are getting to meet Joe and Sophia too (we'll meet them towards the end of their trip (our second day there). We've not done the MNSSH party either so I'm anxious to read what people suggest to you (we're not doing costumes either--we'll probably just get "pirate hats" or something).
I think it is going to be a blast!! I think you and Mark will look adorable as pirates. Oh wait, well pirates are not meant to be adorable... ARGH!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #1506
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
MNSSHP is on my list, too! We'll see when we get there, though. We want to buy the tickets when we get there so we can get the military discount. Downside, there's always the small chance that it will sell out (though very unlikely for a September party). Upside, if it is supposed to be super rainy, we'll just not buy tickets and do it another year. Thank you so much for posting links to those videos! I'm headed to bed right now, but I am so excited to watch them tomorrow!
Great plans!! Normally it is only Halloween and a few of the weekend parties in October that sell out. September is suppose to be a light time to go to MNSSHP. I hope you enjoy the videos!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #1507
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I'm really looking forward to MNSSHP too! I feel so lucky that we get to do this and I think seeing it for the first time with the kids is going to be amazing!!
I agree Hope!! What are your costumes (sorry I am behind on everyone's PTR and TRs so I cannot remember if you have posted about it)?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #1508
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I am finally ready to post my Daily Itinerary cards. I am going to do them one at time. These cards will live in my small Disney binder (which I hope to post about here after the daily cards). The fronts will have the information and the backs will be empty for me to jot any notes down. Each card has the TGM and TP ratings, Food Plans, rough touring plans, goals (which I listed before) and any other information including Evening Plans and miscellaneous notes.

First up, is our arrival day and afternoon in Magic Kingdom:

If you would be so kind, would you please take a look at the rough “touring plans” and offer any feedback you might have? I am not looking at having a step-by-step guide since I don’t think it is needed with going in September (which can be debated I know).
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #1509
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

We did MNSSHP in early Oct 08. It was a surprise trip for our kids and we had a BLAST!! The trick or treating was fun but the best parts for us were the Parade, Fireworks and Villians show on the Castle Forecourt Stage. Our kids were a bit older and have always been night owls so we did the later parade and I wish we had seen both. After the party DH and I seriously considered buying tickets for another night while we were there but finally decided it was too much of an added expense (it ended up raining that night so glad we didn't).

I remember reading reports of the early parties being fairly lightly attended so hopefully that will carry over to this year.

Hope you have a GREAT time.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:19 AM   #1510
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I agree Hope!! What are your costumes (sorry I am behind on everyone's PTR and TRs so I cannot remember if you have posted about it)?
Kya is going to be Minnie Mouse. She has the cutest red and white polka-dot sundress that we got from Karen and I got some Minnie ears with a red and white polka-dot bow. Easy and adorable! I thought about adding white gloves but I think it will be too hot.

Jace originally wanted to be a pirate and I was all set to cut off an old pair of nylon pants and throw on a bandana but then he decided he didn't want to be a pirate. We racked our brains for a while trying to come up with something 'Disney' and he rejected everything as too babyish. Finally he decided to be a "Price is Right" contestant so I'm making him a shirt that says something like, 'Come on down!' and a yellow pricetag shaped nametag. Easy peasy.

Dh and I aren't doing costumes either.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #1511
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Love your itinerary cards! I think your first day looks great- you have it all mapped out but are still flexible if time is running short. And of course knowing your most important goals helps with that as well. Good job!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #1512
Cory's Gal
I also haven't met a donut I didn't like

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
I am finally ready to post my Daily Itinerary cards. I am going to do them one at time. These cards will live in my small Disney binder (which I hope to post about here after the daily cards). The fronts will have the information and the backs will be empty for me to jot any notes down. Each card has the TGM and TP ratings, Food Plans, rough touring plans, goals (which I listed before) and any other information including Evening Plans and miscellaneous notes.

First up, is our arrival day and afternoon in Magic Kingdom:

If you would be so kind, would you please take a look at the rough “touring plans” and offer any feedback you might have? I am not looking at having a step-by-step guide since I don’t think it is needed with going in September (which can be debated I know).
Your itinerary looks great Stephanie! Your "touring plans" sound great! Our first stop at MK was in late afternoon (I think on our AK day), we were able to knock out some of FL so anything you can get done that day sounds great! We tried to see anything we could during that time, I think you will easily get to those attractions you listed and a couple more! If you can get Dumbo out of the way, then on your MK morning you don't have to do the "Dumbo Dash"! How magical to go to MK your first day!! (I think you should get ears too!! )
Old 08-24-2010, 08:37 AM   #1513
Mommy2LittleVols
DIS Veteran

Your itinerary cards are awesome! I think your plans sound good - you aren't trying to cram too much into the first day.
Old 08-24-2010, 12:23 PM   #1514
my2disneyboys
DIS Veteran

Stephanie,
I love your itinerary cards and may have to steal this idea from you! I have my MASTER spreadsheet but everything is on it, and it is confusing sometimes and having the daily info would be easier! What size paper and what kind of paper are you printing these on? Did you download that Disney Font? I need to get that font!!

2004-POP . 2007-POR . 2009-POFQ . 2010-POLY . 2011-POFQ . 2011-CBR . 2012-WL and DREAM CRUISE . 2013-BCV 10th Year Anniversary, Vow Renewal Trip! - January 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House - November 2014 -Thanksgiving and turning 40 at Beach Club Villas
Old 08-24-2010, 12:37 PM   #1515
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Stephanie, I love the itinerary cards. A very clever idea and a great way to jot down notes. I think your plans sound fine. We have never used any of the touring guides/plans for any of our trips (and we've been in April, May, July, September and October). I can tell you that at the times we've gone in September, we've never waited more than 5-10 minutes for any attraction except for some of the bigger ones -- Soarin', the mountains, etc. Last year, we walked on Test Track four times in one day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: