Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

What Are You Celebrating?? Air Conditioning!! A July 2010 TR UPDATE 12/11 p24

Hi and
I hope you are ready to hear about how hot it is in July at WDW, how we joined thousands of other people sweating our way through the parks, how we tried a whole slew of new restaurants, a new resort, navigated the construction walls in Fantasyland, skipped one park (again!), enjoyed a super fun pool, had a magical moment, and did it all in 4 days!!

Who: For those who don't know us yet,

Me - Sheree, mom, Disney-obsessed. Lawyer by day, DISer all the rest of the time. I didn't start going to WDW until after I was married and at 29 years old, developed the addiction. A few of my other interests (let's be honest, who really has time for other interests?) include reading, scrapbooking and watching baseball (TWINS!) and hockey (WILD!) and enjoying my kids and DH.

DH - Dave - super dad, hard worker and equally Disney-obsessed! Aren't I lucky!! We have so much fun on our trips and he is often the one initiating the plans! He's a mailman by day, and a merchandise vendor at concerts and Vikings games by night/weekend. He has a love for cars, sports, family and of course, Disney! Luckily we both like to travel.

The Girls:
DD9 - Sarah - my little brainiac/drama queen. She's a softball player, dancer, gymnast, excellent student and reader. She's got an eye for the hidden Mickeys and loves POTC and after this trip, BTMRR too! She looks exactly like her Mommy did as a girl, so I call her my mini-me. She will be starting 4th grade in a couple weeks!

DD7 - Paige - Miss Independent (Some of the time!). She is a dancer, gymnast and likewise excellent student. Some days she is happy to be by herself and doesn't care what anyone else is doing. But then she will need mommy or daddy to lay in bed with her to fall asleep! She spies her own Hidden Mickeys (everywhere!) and loves Belle! Her favorite ride is It's a Small World and she also braved BTMRR this trip. She's about to be a 2nd grader.

Cody - our lovable dog. No, he didn't get to come on the trip, but he's worth mentioning! HA! He's almost 4 years old, a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

This is us in December 2009.

So this trip actually was born on our December trip. Check out my prior TR for details. But the jist of it is this: My SIL skipped their annual summer trip to Cocoa Beach to join us at WDW in December. They have a time share and as a result of skipping summer 2009, they had two weeks to use in summer 2010. They invited us to join them for a week at the beach in August. Well, if I'm going to Florida, I am usually going to HAVE to stop at WDW!! So, before we checked out in December, we booked a bounceback to the Beach Club for late July 2010!!

When/Where:
July 28-Aug 1 Beach Club - standard view room (we got 40% off!) 5 day non-hoppers and the DELUXE dining plan!

August 1 -8 - Ron Jon's Cape Caribe Resort at Cocoa Beach in a 2 BR condo overlooking the ocean!

See my PTR (link in sig) for our tentative plans and ADRs. I'll go through everything day by day and we'll see if we followed our plans.

How hot was it? how many snack credits did we use on water? did we get rained on? what was our favorite restaurant? Was the Deluxe Dining Plan too much? did we have enough sunblock? what fun souvenirs did we buy?
All these questions answered and more!

stay tuned...

Last edited by Mndisneygirl; 12-11-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
Disneymoon09
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Dec 1996-Offsite (Give Kids the World Grounds)
Dec 2009- All Star Movies
Sept 2011 - POP
Nov 2013 - ASMo with BFF for Gingerbread 5k at GKTW!
Nov 2013- Beckett's First Trip!
May 2014- POP, leaving the kid at home!
Nov/Dec 2015- Hoping to rent DVC points at AKL

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Departure Day!

This trip we were going to FLY! I sound excited, because we often drive the 24 hour trip to WDW from MN and I really don't like doing it. It's not that I mind driving, or riding, in a car for long days, - we do it a lot. But, when I'm on my way to WDW, I want to spend as much time there as possible! Driving just eats into my Disney time!
We had found flights back in March. Direct from MSP to MCO. The price was reasonable $199. I know that sounds high to some who can get deals for less than $79 one way, but anything under $200 is a deal here. The only thing was the flight home was at 7:55 a.m. I guess that's why it was so much cheaper. But, we'll save that worry for later in the TR.

Our departing flight was scheduled for 9:00 a.m. My neighbor and Paige's BFF's mom works close to the airport and was willing to drive us. So she picked us up about 7 a.m. I'd been up since about 5:45. But I'd been awake off and on all night. You know that "I'm too excited to sleep" deal? Yeah, it was a combination of that plus "I still have to pack some necessities in the morning after I shower" that did not allow me to sleep.
Everyone was up and ready to go, we hopped in the car at 7:05 and were at the airport about 7:30. Checked our two bags (rip off!) and lugged our carry ons to the security line. The TSA officer who checks IDs asked Paige if we were going to WDW? Paige was a bit surprised she knew, until we reminded her that she was wearing an EPCOT hat! Silly girl!
Once we got to our gate, we discovered that all the food places were kind of far back. So we sent Daddy off to bring us breakfast. He found some baked goods, and a Burger King (ugh) so we had a couple croissant sandwiches and Sprite(!) and I think Sarah got a chocolate croissant (her favorite treat on this trip).

We boarded the plane and sat there for a while. The girls (especially Paige) were a bit antsy waiting. We took off at 9:20. I was sitting between the girls and DH was across the aisle.
We were finally on our way!!!
The girls had brought their DS games and played games, read books and played on Daddy's phone. Sarah's ears were popping and bothering her a bit - she had been sort of stuffed up/congested. There were so many questions. You'd think they'd never been on a plane before! Jeez. It was quite difficult for Mommy to enjoy her book or catch a nap.
We enjoyed our free soda and snack - we had a choice of peanuts, pretzels or cookies. Of course the girls took cookies and were rather disappointed. They were sort of like a thin biscotti. Definitely nothing to rave about.
Three hours later - 1:15 Eastern time - we landed at MCO!!!!
At the airport, we stopped at the food court and enjoyed some McDonalds (girls) and Chik-Fil-A (me and DH!) for lunch. We were starving, since neither girl wanted any of the snacks/treats I had packed for them in their backpacks.

We walked right on to Magical Express and sat there until 2:15 until the bus was mostly full. Then we were on the road!
First stop was POR, then Boardwalk and then BC/YC!!!

WOO HOO!!! We're HERE!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #4
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I'm here!!!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #5
Momof2Disneyboys
DIS Veteran

I'm here too! Great start!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneymoon09 View Post
I'm in!
First place!!! Thanks for reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I'm here!!!
Hi Meghan!! Thanks for taking time away from your planning! Your trip is coming up fast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momof2Disneyboys View Post
I'm here too! Great start!
Thanks Shelly! Are you excited for your trip yet? You're staying at Boardwalk right? Such a fun area.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM   #7
manntra
DIS Veteran

I'm here! for first page!
Excited to read all about your trip and see what your magical moment was too!

Tracy
Old 08-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #8
jenniferreich
Mouseketeer

Sounds like it was a great trip! I'm enjoying reading your TR--thank you! Jennifer
Old 08-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #9
joyfulDisneytears
DIS Veteran

I'm in!

Now a proud Disneyland Annual Passholder!
First AP visit! 11/1-11/2/2014 for Pinup Parade in the Park
Coming up: Christmastime Solo Trip! 12/8-12/11/2014

Old 08-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #10
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm here too

Can't wait for more

Old 08-22-2010, 09:31 PM   #11
crzyred
I'm lucky any of my clothes are clean, let alone wrinkle free!
I don't do the whole thinking thing!

Me too, me too...I'm here!!
Old 08-23-2010, 12:16 AM   #13
Disney Mommy 3
DIS Veteran

Here I is!!! I love it so far!!!! Love the kids airport pic!!

Old 08-23-2010, 02:23 AM   #14
Pluto_fan
DIS Veteran

I'm here too, Sheree! Great start!
Disneyland Aug 2006, daytrip Mar 1989, daytrip Jun 1985, daytrip
Old 08-23-2010, 05:44 AM   #15
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Sheree, you are very sneaky! You didn't even tell us you were starting! I am here for all the fun!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: