Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 AM   #1396
irish dancer
DIS Veteran

Phew, got a little behind and had some catching up to do.

I think I've seen that popcorn set at either WOD or the kitchen store in DTD. It is very cute! We are huge popcorn lovers so we've had WDW popcorn too many times to count, lol.

As for CS at AK, Pizzafari is OK but it has the benefit of being inside/air conditioned. I really want to try Y&Y but we never seem to be near there at meal-time.

Favorite CS in MK would be CHH followed closely by Cosmic Ray's. Can't go wrong either way.

Your last day plans sound great. I love both Wishes and Illuminations and try to see them multiple times each trip.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:02 AM   #1397
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

We try and make it a point to see Wishes each trip. We've watched from a variety of locations, including the train station, FL, in front of Dumbo, the Noodle Station, and in front of CP.

I'm loving all of your plans.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 06:00 AM   #1398
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Loving your countdown excellant fun We do try and catch wishes on our trips even just going back in for that. Our DD1 went through a stage where she hated the noise so we had to avoid or watch from a very far back location which was not close, like TTC! We loved it this trip as it was the new fireworks, every where had a great view but we choose to watch from the cyrstal palace whilst enjoying a dole whip

Your plans for your final day sounds like an excellant way to finish your trip watching illuminations

We had to split up at DHS due to different ages of the kids, DD2 stayed at resort with Gran and Grandad that day. The boys done the FP thing with RRRC, TOT and we all enjoyed TSM no FP for that thought Myself and DD2 headed for Ariel , B&TB, Playhouse and some shops

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
Old 08-18-2010, 06:37 AM   #1399
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I definitely try to get Wishes in every trip! I just love the fireworks on Main Street no matter which show. Your last day sounds fabulous. One of my favorite ways to spend a Disney evening is wandering around the World Showcase and ending it with Illuminations. I predict you will love it too.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #1400
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post

Do you try to catch Wishes every trip or is something you can take it or leave it? Anyone really not like Wishes?
yes definetly....I really love it...now the past few years we have not caught it duplicate times w/ perfect viewing spots...but we have seen over near Adventureland while riding Aladdin's flying carpets....DS Nathan is not a big fan of the booms and noise...but this yr he said he watch a bit closer for me

No trip for me is complete w/out one viewing of the fireworks and seeing Tink is good goosebumps
Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 AM   #1401
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I LOVE Wishes!!!! I have the cd and everytime I listen to it, I start to tear up. I HAVE to watch it from the smack dap middle of Main Street. We watched it from the spoke to Adventureland last June and I wasn't happy. Everything looks different from that angle.

Love your last day plans. You can't go wrong with IllumiNations (another fav of mine that I have the music to). We've only done EMH once at Epcot and we didn't stay long. We walked from Japan over to France for a snack and then from France over to FS (hardly anyone around). We only stayed to ride Soarin' and then left.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #1402
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I love WISHES and my husband still thinks I am nuts because I normally cry every time we see it. We got a new camera and I've been practicing taking pictures of fireworks with it hoping to get some good ones while we are there.

Love your final day at Disney (although I HATE final days). I'm looking forward to your morning of departure...because this is when I get to meet you.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:05 AM   #1403
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I looooooove Wishes! I'm planning on seeing it the first night we're there. It makes me tear up, I love it so much. Last year it was lightning a little bit so I didn't get to see Tink fly but I'm hoping I will this year!

HalloWishes is ok. I thought the regular Wishes were better. That's just me though.

Your last day sounds great. I like the idea of all of you having one last dinner together. Unfortunately, I am not a big Illuminations fan so I tend to skip that but I don't want to be a kiljoy. I hope you love it!

Old 08-18-2010, 05:23 PM   #1404
lexmas
DIS Veteran

I love all your plans! I love the detail, I just can't plan in that sort of detail but I appreciate it!

I used to not care for wishes, but now that I'm a mom, I cry every time I watch that youtube video! I'm going to be in trouble at the park! My kids love the video, they like the part when tinkerbell flies!

One month from yesterday will be your last day...how pathetic is it that I got sad for you when I read that? Your trip hasn't even started! Thinking about the last day is just always sad, I guess!

You are getting so close!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
Old 08-18-2010, 09:03 PM   #1405
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

22 days and counting until we leave for Disney, hard to believe how quickly time is slipping away…

22. Tiramisu!

Another silly and simple item on my list, but something I hope to get while we are down there. I was originally planning on getting it from Tutto Italia Kiosk, and I still may. Since switching one ADR to be at Via Napoli, it is also on their menu too.

For your viewing pleasure:

Video on how to make Tiramisu

And a picture to drool over:

What dessert would make your list if you were doing a countdown of things you are looking forward to at Disney? I hope my little countdown is adding a tad bit of fun to your day! It is fun for me at any rate.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #1406
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Goodbye Disney!!

One month from today we will be beginning our journey home. I cannot believe it could be possible. To me, it is really showing how quickly our trip is coming.

Breakdown of Leaving Day

Park

up in the air but I believe MK

Food
ADRs: 0
• Breakfast: resort
• Lunch: DTD (at least I hope so)
• Dinner: Meeting and eating with our wonderful TA A, somewhere in Georgia
Goals
1. To savor the last moments!!
2. a trip to the park or one last dip in the pool
3. lunch at DTD
4. DIS Meet with Kathy
5. Meet A, my amazing TA!!
Today is the day that no Disney nut looks forward to—leaving day. I hope we are decently packed so there is no guilt for wanting to dash away for to a park or DTD for a few hours. First up for the day is a DIS Meet with Kathy (KatMark) at CSR at 7:15 p.m. for coffee. I am really looking forward to meeting Kathy as her thread of CSR is just an amazing wealth of information.

I am not sure if DH will want to go, but I know I want to go to the parks if time is on our side. I need to confirm with A to make sure we are still meeting near Savannah (I’ve always wanted to visit there) because that would mean our leaving time is a little more set in stone. One those plans are finalized, I will have a better idea of what time we have to leave by but I am hoping to have until noon.

I will take Lilian to visit some favorites, make RD if possible since we will have not seen the show most likely. Dash off to knock out our favorites in FL and any other rides. Hopefully we could be done around 10:30 and head down to DTD for any last minute shopping and lunch.

Overall, it will be a short day at Disney. We will begin our drive home today and reach my Dad’s the next day. We will spend the night then drive up to my sister’s house in Indianapolis area to celebrate DD’s birthday with them. Last leg up the trip will be Tuesday the 21st, when we will finally make it to our driveway again after almost two full weeks of being gone.

Thanks for reading along as I post my This Time Next Month posts. I hope to be back with rough touring plans for you all to glance over if you would. I am not looking at having everything set in stone, but more of rough ideas of an order. I hate standing around looking at maps—wastes time!
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 08-19-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:51 PM   #1407
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I'm really looking forward to Wishes as well. We'll also be in the park for both Wishes and Hallowishes. I've read in a few other TR that riding Dumbo during Wishes is just wonderful and special. There are no lines because everyone is on the other side of the castle watching the show and the fireworks are shot off from somewhere behind Fantasyland so they're right behind Dumbo. So, that's what we're doing for Hallowishes, it is one of the things I'm looking most forward to.

And I love your final day plans! WS is the park I'm most excited about so I think the more time there the better.
Hey Hope! I think that will be an amazing memory you will always have!!

I LOVE WS I bet you will as well!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-18-2010, 09:56 PM   #1408
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LittleVols View Post
We try to catch Wishes at least once each trip. We love it! We actually have the soundtrack at home and listen to it all the time.

DHS Plans - Sound great! We arrived just after rope drop last year and headed straight for ToT/RnRc. DH got FPs for RnRc while I rode ToT standby. We then went over to Animation Courtyard and caught the first showing of VOTLM, then the first PHD, and then headed back over and caught the first Beauty and the Beast! We were then able to use our RnRc FP's since we were right there near it. I don't know if the show times are always set up that way, but we sure felt like we got a lot done in a short amount of time!

Evening plans - I think this sounds like a wonderful way to end your trip! You will love Illuminations! We were in Epcot during evening EMH last trip and it wasn't crowded at all. Hope you are as lucky!
Thanks Julia!! I want to pick up a few of the music cds if possible while we are down there. Which do you like best?

I read your DHS day and thought it was a great day! The only thing I would like to get to that you could not is TSMM. Of course, we are not going during SWW so hopefully the lines will not be insane!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #1409
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish dancer View Post
Phew, got a little behind and had some catching up to do.

I think I've seen that popcorn set at either WOD or the kitchen store in DTD. It is very cute! We are huge popcorn lovers so we've had WDW popcorn too many times to count, lol.

As for CS at AK, Pizzafari is OK but it has the benefit of being inside/air conditioned. I really want to try Y&Y but we never seem to be near there at meal-time.

Favorite CS in MK would be CHH followed closely by Cosmic Ray's. Can't go wrong either way.

Your last day plans sound great. I love both Wishes and Illuminations and try to see them multiple times each trip.
Glad to hear the popcorn set is around WDW property. The AC in AK may be a good idea.

Thank you!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-18-2010, 09:59 PM   #1410
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Goodbye Disney!!

One month from today we will be beginning our journey home. I cannot believe it could be possible. To me, it is really showing how quickly our trip is coming.

Breakdown of Leaving Day

Park

up in the air but I believe MK

Food
ADRs: 0
• Breakfast: resort
• Lunch: DTD (at least I hope so)
• Dinner: Meeting and eating with our wonderful TA A, somewhere in Georgia
Goals
1. To savor the last moments!!
2. a trip to the park or one last dip in the pool
3. lunch at DTD
4. DIS Meet with Kathy
5. Meet A, my amazing TA!!
Today is the day that no Disney nut looks forward to—leaving day. I hope we are decently packed so there is no guilt for wanting to dash away for to a park or DTD for a few hours. First up for the day is a DIS Meet with Kathy (KatMark) at CSR at 7:15 p.m. for coffee. I am really looking forward to meeting Kathy as her thread of CSR is just an amazing wealth of information.

I am not sure if DH will want to go, but I know I want to go to the parks if time is on our side. I need to confirm with A to make sure we are still meeting near Savannah (I’ve always wanted to visit there) because that would mean our leaving time is a little more set in stone. One those plans are finalized, I will have a better idea of what time we have to leave by but I am hoping to have until noon.

I will take Lilian to visit some favorites, make RD if possible since we will have not seen the show most likely. Dash off to knock out our favorites in FL and any other rides. Hopefully we could be done around 10:30 and head down to DTD for any last minute shopping and lunch.

Overall, it will be a short day at Disney. We will begin our drive home today and reach my Dad’s the next day. We will spend the night then drive up to my sister’s house in Indianapolis area to celebrate DD’s birthday with them. Last leg up the trip will be Tuesday the 21st, when we will finally make it to our driveway again after almost two full weeks of being gone.

Thanks for reading along as I post my This Time Next Month posts. I hope to be back with rough touring plans for you all to glance over if you would. I am not looking at having everything set in stone, but more of rough ideas of an order. I hate standing around looking at maps—wastes time!
Love your plans for your final day. If DH doesn't want to come but Lillian is awake I hope you will bring her. And, just so you know, we are meeting at 7:15 a.m., not 7:15 p.m. I know you wish you could extend the trip.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: