Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #1141
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

I decided while we were waiting around Space Mtn that I should go out the gates & activate my AP for the day. If you recall I had to buy a 3 day PH so I could do MM with my family....so that was the ticket I used to get in. I got some pics as I went back up Main Street:





The absolute wrong time of day to try & get these Emporium windows in pictures....you can see a little bit...but mostly you see the reflection & glare on the glass:









Decided after I came back thru the gates, I would ride the Omnibus back up to the castle.








Ty got a picture of the horse & the firetruck & then himself as they waited to meet me at the Plaza Inn:





We had a 9:40 Minnie & Friends breakfast at the Plaza Inn. Betty had rejoined us & was glad she had slept longer...she was feeling better!






Next post will have more Plaza Inn & the start of the characters!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:01 PM   #1142
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

A look around inside the Plaza & the buffet:















We were seated outside, but by the fence where there is a good sized gap in the bushes.....so thru-out our meal we had people looking over our shoulders at the characters. We actually had families sneaking in thru the exit & following characters to get autographs & pics. I've never seen that before. I also noticed that a number of the families weren't waiting for the characters to come to their table. I finally asked the family that was hanging out over my kids as they were getting pics done to please return to their tables & the characters would come to them. About 15 mins before we left, they seemed to get control over all of this. I saw them ask 4 different groups of people to leave since they weren't having breakfast......crazy!

The first character to come to our table was Minnie.....how fitting to be greeted by the hostess first!!:






Goofy's son Max was next:







Remember Shy's love for watermelon? This plate was totally covered in cut up watermelon pieces & she had eaten every last one of them & was looking for more!! lol



More characters!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013



Last edited by DizNee Luver; 07-20-2012 at 04:49 PM.
DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #1143
Minnie&Nana
Dreams do come true!
Pretty darn charming!
 
Minnie&Nana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: MA/NC
Posts: 15,702

Laurie, the photos are fabulous!!! Joining in!
__________________
Christine

Minnie&Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #1144
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Laurie, the photos are fabulous!!! Joining in!
woo hoo!! Glad you're here!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:09 PM   #1145
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

Photobucket is messed up today.....had a ton of pics organized & ready to go......but it is running painfully slow & coming up with errors. The last set of 25 pics.......got thru 11 of them total in 90mins.....so I don't know if I'll be posting anymore to the TR today!! Hope they get whatever the problem is fixed!!!!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:09 PM   #1146
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 15,567
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohNFriends View Post
So is Pink's known for more of a chili dog or hot dog's in general? From a pic it looks similar to a Chicago style hot dog, and being a Chicago (suburb) girl, I love my Chicago style hot dogs!!
Very good question. I realize, when I think back about Pink's and how I used to eat their chili burgers and dogs as a young teenager, it seemed like the chili was the main thing that was being hyped more than the hot dogs in general, and most people either preferred the burgers or the hot dogs - but all with the chili on them.

But, in the last decade and a half or so, Pink's has begun to promote its hot dogs in general a lot more than it used to - more than just promoting the chili. For example, they recently added a "naked" dog or some such thing (called the Betty White Naked Dog or a similar variation), which, I presume, has nothing on it, at their Universal CityWalk location!! As Laurie said, they do have all kinds of crazy toppings and they have several items on the menu that are named after celebrities (there's even a Huell Howser hot dog!! I don't know how many of you know who Huell is...). So it almost seems more like Pink's is trying to promote their different varieties of hot dogs and other things instead of just the chili - even though the chili is the main attraction, I think.

If given a choice and Tail o' the Pup were still open, I would have chosen a Tail o' the Pup chili dog over a Pink's chili dog, BUT I would choose a Pink's chili burger over a Tail o' the Pup chili burger. And the Carney's chili burger falls somewhere in the middle there.

And now I am making myself hungry!!
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:11 PM   #1147
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet
 
kaoden39's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 30,184

Love it.

Well, for all the bs with this at Kaiser I cannot fault them. If it were not for DR Rojas my surgeon in 2007 I would be dead. If it weren't for their physical therapy I would still be in a wheelchair.
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #1148
mommaU4

The one who started it - DIS ladies do DLR
Well, I never said I wasn't insane. I just don't want them thinking that
 
mommaU4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Las Vegas, NV.
Posts: 44,247

Laurie, I am loving your trip report!! The pics are amazing, so much detail. And it's seriously making me miss DL!!
Can't wait for more......
__________________
mommaU4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:33 AM   #1149
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
Very good question. I realize, when I think back about Pink's and how I used to eat their chili burgers and dogs as a young teenager, it seemed like the chili was the main thing that was being hyped more than the hot dogs in general, and most people either preferred the burgers or the hot dogs - but all with the chili on them.

But, in the last decade and a half or so, Pink's has begun to promote its hot dogs in general a lot more than it used to - more than just promoting the chili. For example, they recently added a "naked" dog or some such thing (called the Betty White Naked Dog or a similar variation), which, I presume, has nothing on it, at their Universal CityWalk location!! As Laurie said, they do have all kinds of crazy toppings and they have several items on the menu that are named after celebrities (there's even a Huell Howser hot dog!! I don't know how many of you know who Huell is...). So it almost seems more like Pink's is trying to promote their different varieties of hot dogs and other things instead of just the chili - even though the chili is the main attraction, I think.

If given a choice and Tail o' the Pup were still open, I would have chosen a Tail o' the Pup chili dog over a Pink's chili dog, BUT I would choose a Pink's chili burger over a Tail o' the Pup chili burger. And the Carney's chili burger falls somewhere in the middle there.

And now I am making myself hungry!!
Thanx....you made me hungry now too!! Craving some chili!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Love it.

Well, for all the bs with this at Kaiser I cannot fault them. If it were not for DR Rojas my surgeon in 2007 I would be dead. If it weren't for their physical therapy I would still be in a wheelchair.
I'm so glad they did right by you!! I have never had the privledge or unfortunate need to be treated thru Kaiser...but have heard some real nightmare stories. Dr Rojas is my hero now!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommaU4 View Post
Laurie, I am loving your trip report!! The pics are amazing, so much detail. And it's seriously making me miss DL!!
Can't wait for more......
Thanx Beth.....I'm so frustrated with photobucket....I've tried off & on to load 5 pics at a time & they keep coming up with errors & still running like molasses up hill!!! Might have to go flikr the next set but it takes so much longer to transfer them to the DIS.....what to do, what to do??!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:10 AM   #1150
Sherry E
Willing victim of the Disney Snowball Effect...
Okay so after a coffee and lunch break I am back!
 
Sherry E's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 15,567
DISboards Moderator

I know - suddenly I have a huge craving for chili too - and for various foods slathered in chili! But, after viewing all of your photos, I am craving peppermint ice cream (which I have always loved anyway), Goofy's Kitchen food, Bob's Big Boy food, Knott's chicken dinner, Carnation Cafe food, and whatever that chicken dish was at Ariel's Grotto!!!

Welcome to my Photobucket nightmare - it is always slow as molasses for me, even on a good day!! I love Photobucket and I hate Photobucket all at the same time.
__________________
**...Rockin' my Disney Side since 1972 ... Now taking on the holidays, one photo (and one Superthread!) at a time...**

Pumpkins, Peppermint, Pastels and...Club 33!!! - (A new chapter begins... Many photos and wacky tales, coming soon to a Trip Report thread near you!)
And for some non-holiday seaside fun in the sun ~~ 2012 Catalina Island/Avalon Trip Report - My Solo Day Trip, in Photos (LOTS of Photos!)- 7/21/12 & Highlights from 2013 & 2014
Sherry E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 AM   #1151
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I know - suddenly I have a huge craving for chili too - and for various foods slathered in chili! But, after viewing all of your photos, I am craving peppermint ice cream (which I have always loved anyway), Goofy's Kitchen food, Bob's Big Boy food, Knott's chicken dinner, Carnation Cafe food, and whatever that chicken dish was at Ariel's Grotto!!!

Welcome to my Photobucket nightmare - it is always slow as molasses for me, even on a good day!! I love Photobucket and I hate Photobucket all at the same time.
We did get some good food on this trip....that is for sure!!

I can't get anything to upload (that's what I get for paying for the Pro account....grrrrr @&5#*$<----bad words) every picture when it shows it complete turns to red!!! Which means it didn't upload. So I'm not sure what the problem is!!

It was going good until today. I could upload the pics for the post, while they were uploading....go & write the post, come back & get the pic codes & go on to the next one. I had quite the system going.....but this has me totally stopped!! If it's doing it in the morning I'll email tech support to find out the problem.
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:51 AM   #1152
Zoemakes5
Support me in my Disney mania
Still likes pennies more than quarters
Had to pop SOMETHING
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Diego area
Posts: 2,256

Hey Laurie...I am subscribed to this thread and have been watching it. You are just coming to the point where we joined you!!! Whoo hoo! I haven't been able to post...having computer issues again. But, I have been watching! I have to find the cord so I can send you the pics I took, too!
Zoemakes5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #1153
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...
 
kelmac284's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CA
Posts: 4,493

As always loved your last installment but BOOO for the photobucket mess. This is why I give you so much credit. Just trying to post a FEW pics using reg photobucket drives me nuts that's why I am so impressed and amazed that you have the fortitude to do this! I SO don't have the patience and I am so glad that you DO cuz this has been SO fun. All the trip reports I have done in the past have just been written and I have never included pics but the pics make it SO much more fun and you have SO many and it is REALLY neat to see. You have some AWESOME pics esp of inside the rides that I never thought were even possible to get!

You are going to be so glad you have these! It will be like being there having so many!

I hope you have better luck today and I know we are all waiting with baited breath as they say for your next installment. Gee look how popular you are. Maybe you SHOULD do a blog. We are all like pavlov's dog standing around drooling
__________________

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:37 AM   #1154
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoemakes5 View Post
Hey Laurie...I am subscribed to this thread and have been watching it. You are just coming to the point where we joined you!!! Whoo hoo! I haven't been able to post...having computer issues again. But, I have been watching! I have to find the cord so I can send you the pics I took, too!
I'm glad you've been reading along!!! Been thinking about you....especially as you said.....you & Zoe are coming up!!! Hey I've mis-placed you address. I think I will just burn you a CD with the pics on it......will take less time & effort then if I were to email them.....just too many!! You can either text or private message it to me when you can!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
As always loved your last installment but BOOO for the photobucket mess. This is why I give you so much credit. Just trying to post a FEW pics using reg photobucket drives me nuts that's why I am so impressed and amazed that you have the fortitude to do this! I SO don't have the patience and I am so glad that you DO cuz this has been SO fun. All the trip reports I have done in the past have just been written and I have never included pics but the pics make it SO much more fun and you have SO many and it is REALLY neat to see. You have some AWESOME pics esp of inside the rides that I never thought were even possible to get!

You are going to be so glad you have these! It will be like being there having so many!

I hope you have better luck today and I know we are all waiting with baited breath as they say for your next installment. Gee look how popular you are. Maybe you SHOULD do a blog. We are all like pavlov's dog standing around drooling
I'm trying the bulk uploader on photobucket this morning to see if it is working.....still can't get things to load on the normal upload......GRRRRRRRR!!

Tyler this trip was so funny with his camera on the rides......point & click.....no real "framing" what he shot.......lol His camera was good for that.....mine on the other hand didn't work as great on the rides as I was hoping...but did get a few on POTC & HM.

I should look into doing blog.....I always have random thoughts & maybe some of my life experiences would be helpful to someone......have a lot of "been there, done thats" in my life. Would be fun to run an online journal!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:53 AM   #1155
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!
 
DizNee Luver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philomath, Oregon
Posts: 9,658

Well this would have been useful information YESTERDAY......I just needed to open a new album.....there is a picture limit to them. So I'm uploading now!!!!
__________________
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013


DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are the Career Start people and the College Program people allowed to room together missxmadden The College Board 4 02-06-2010 07:58 AM
Watch Out People !! ~ BEWARE ~ Slim Mojito Monkey Partying People In Progress !! Msslaydbug W.I.S.H 894 10-22-2007 02:23 PM
Leave memorys at Dis photo room right now! The dis scrap book of people! VMK people! Cpt.JackSpearow Virtual Magic Kingdom (VMK) Museum 5 05-20-2006 11:35 AM
water taxis the same for people doing disney excursions and people not doing excursio tigger12jb Disney Cruise Line Forum 4 04-07-2004 09:45 AM
ATTN: Cookie recipe excahnge people...still 3 people to pick up their PMs Meriweather The Creative Community 0 01-13-2003 10:55 AM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: