Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #1
mlch
Mouseketeer

Question HELP, 1mo. til trip & I can't decide park days

Going in Sept. I had my park day plans determined back in May thanks to a touringplans. Now the recommendations are almost all changed and I'm so unsure on which parks to do which days. We do not park hop, so dont suggest that. Most unsure is days for MK and Ep, which would be best:
Sunday: MK @ crowd level 1.5 with emh ti 12am(doubt we'd take advantage) OR
Ep @ level 0.2
Monday: MK level 4.6 and Ep level 0.9.
The reason I am considering MK on Monday is the Electric Parade is that night.

The only other scheduled night for that parade is Friday MK level 3.8 which I had planned for that day to be at water parks. Another thing I could switch, but then we'd have to do a water park on a weekend which I thought might be crowded.

Two main questions that could help:
1. wouldn't MK be crowded when open till midnight for onsite guests? more then crowd level 1.5? I assume the majority of the park goers are onsite due to FD. Is that thinking wrong?
2. How much more crowded are waterparks on weekends due to locals?

I know to most a level under 5 is no big deal but you don't know much dh hates even the smallest of crowds. He is not a people person in the least and ds has his gene of zero patience.

TIA

DH Me DD9yr DS8yr
mlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #2
Shmily1
DIS Veteran

Since I don't use any type of touring plan, I'm not sure what I have to say will help you much, but I will give it a shot. We've been a few hundred times so hopefully experience counts.

Your thinking on going to a water park on the weekeds is correct. Try to do those during the week if possible.

Do try to catch the Electric Parade! It is awesome and gives a warm fuzzy feeling to the end of a magical day!

Recap of what I would do given the info you've provided-- Sunday-EP; Monday-MK; Friday-Water Park--If you plan your day in the park, what crowds are there won't be a bother to you. Know which attractions to hit at what time of the day.

BTW--We've hopped before but find it to be a waste of time for us most of the time so I agree totally with you about not hopping!

Have a great time!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
mlch
Mouseketeer

thanks for the reply. I woke up with fresh mind and did decide that no matter what to not miss the electric parade.
Your advice about not doing water parks on the weekend was extremely helpful.
I'll go with water park days during the week.

DH Me DD9yr DS8yr
mlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
ash-n-brensmom
DIS Veteran

Well, there is something the CM's call MKMondays...and that's because most people arrive on Sun, go to their first park on Mon..can you guess which park that would be? We had a great trip and awesome wait times, until we made the mistake of going to MK on our last Monday!!! What a difference...but I understand about not wanting to miss the parade...just be prepared for lots and lots of people!!!

ash-n-brensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
pigletto
DIS Veteran

I think one thing to keep in mind is the time of year you are going. It doesn't really need to be a worry because for the most parts the crowds are so low. 2 years ago I was there the last week of September. The only time I found it busy was one night at the MK for EMH. And to be honest.. that was just busier than the walk ons we'd been used to the rest of the week. It wasn't crazy by any stretch of the imagination. I too am a crowd hater. I can't stand it.
The headliners we got fastpasses for, and often didn't need them. Everything else was a breeze
pigletto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crowd levels, crowds, electric light parade, touringplans

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: