Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2010, 11:19 AM   #1381
jenny105
DIS Veteran

I like Soarin but I have no idea why that ride is so popular. I guess cause it's relaxing? And air conditioned?

Your day plans look great! I would drive yourselves for a reservation that early. We had no problem taking the bus over for our TH reservation last year but I always stressed about whether we'd get there on time until we were actually there. Nothing really beats having your own transportation!

As for CS in MK, I love Cosmic Ray's (LOTS to choose from!) and Pecos Bill's. Gotta love the toppings bar plus there is outdoor seating so if you go during a parade time, you can eat outside and watch it go by!
Old 08-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #1382
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I'm loving your plans!! I especially like your plans for Lilian's birthday.

I'm so far behind on everyone's TR's and PTR's, including my own.

I can't believe how close our trips are!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-17-2010, 04:05 PM   #1383
gallmcduck
Gallmcduck

Hi i have been MIA from your PTR with organising for our trip, our trip and getting over that being home feeling Back and catching up with your plans and joining the excitement for your trip It will not be long what a wonderful feeling

Aug 1997 Offsite I Drive 14 Nights (ME & DH), Sept 1998 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH our engagement), Sept 1999 Offsite Kissimmee 14 Nights (ME & DH), Nov 2000 Poly & 4 Night Disney Wonder Eastern Cruise 14 Nights (ME & DH our Honeymoon), June 2001 Offsite Davenport Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), Sept 2002 Offsite Gulf Coast Clearwater 14 Nights (ME, DH & family members), June 2004 Offsite Kissimmee Villa 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2005 Offsite & 7 Night Disney Magic Western Cruise 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS & family members), Sept 2006 Offsite I Drive (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members),October 2008 Offsite Vista Cay Condo 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD & family members), July 2010 POR 17 Days (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members) October 2012 17 days Pop, Fantasy, OKW (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members July 2014 Gulfcoast Clearwater 3 nights, OKW 14 Nights (ME, DH, DS, DD1, DD2 & family members
Old 08-17-2010, 04:46 PM   #1384
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I recommend Cosmic Ray's for a CS in MK. It's a family fav and a tradition.We love the 4 "stations" they have with all the different options. There is definately something for everyone. A close 2nd is Peco's Bills....great burgers!

My fav show at AK is FOTLK. Back in Jan 09 we did manage to see both show on the same day. I think we did the 2nd show for FOTLK and the early afternoon show of FN. We left the park around 3pm that day and had arrived at 9am rope drop. We also fit in KS, EE, Dinosaur and both trails. We ate lunch at Pizzafari and it was pretty good.
Good to know Meghan! Thank you.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 04:51 PM   #1385
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
Soarin is my favorite ride in Disney World too. I can't not smile when I'm on that ride For lunch CS in the AK I've only eaten at Pizzafari. It was fine, but I'd like to try the BBQ place or Yak 'n Yeti. In the MK I like Columbia Harbor House. The tuna sandwich is yummy and I love eating upstairs. It is usually quiet up there.
It just makes me happy too. I was hoping for Flame Tree too but since it is closed, it is a no go for us this trip--hopefully the next one.

CHH sounds good!! I will have to look at the menus too but I love getting suggestions here on DIS too.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #1386
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
I love Soarin'! I've never been on it at WDW, but lots of times over at Disney California Adventure. Awesome ride!
Maybe one of these visits you will get to experience it at WDW too.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 05:21 PM   #1387
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMcQueen View Post
Hi Stephanie!

I'm loving your countodwn so far! Those popcorn bowls are adorable - I've seen them before on one other DISer's TR (WDWGirl03 - Sarah) I think she ordered them...I'd love to pick those up too - we do lots of popcorn here also!

Your day plans look great! Love your idea of having a Top 5 goals.

I too am SO disappointed that Flame Tree is closed, we'll be missing it too. We're planning to just eat wherever, I think we'll do Pizzafari for lunch and Restaurantosarous for dinner - nothing too exciting but we'll find something to eat. Flame Tree was the CS I was most looking forward to and it's closed!!

Karen
Hi Karen!! Your trip is so close!!

Thanks, I am having fun with the countdown. It is making me really excited for my family's trip.

I like the popcorn bowl set too. I want to see what is available down at Disney too.

I know I am sad about Flame Tree too. I was hoping to try it since it gets mostly rave reviews. DH would probably love trying Yak and Yeti so he may end up there. I'm not sure about Lilian and I though.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #1388
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy2LittleVols View Post
My thoughts are in blue.

I think your plans for this day sound great overall!
Hi Julia!

I am sure the morning transportation is going to be one of the biggest things I worry about on vacation. I think for my peace of mind, we will probably drive but I may get vetoed. I guess I can set a deadline saying if the bus is not here by x time, we are driving and stick to it.

We thought about going to AK during the night hours to see if we can get more animals but Thursday is the best night to see Wishes and MSEP. If we happen to catch it sooner in the week, than I would be very willing to go back and try it at night too.

Good to know that Pizzafari is pretty good. I need to review the menus for AK CS and MK CS so I can see what options would be available for Lilian.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 08:21 PM   #1389
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
I like Soarin but I have no idea why that ride is so popular. I guess cause it's relaxing? And air conditioned?

Your day plans look great! I would drive yourselves for a reservation that early. We had no problem taking the bus over for our TH reservation last year but I always stressed about whether we'd get there on time until we were actually there. Nothing really beats having your own transportation!

As for CS in MK, I love Cosmic Ray's (LOTS to choose from!) and Pecos Bill's. Gotta love the toppings bar plus there is outdoor seating so if you go during a parade time, you can eat outside and watch it go by!
Cannot say for anyone else--heck, I had a hard time figuring out why I like it so much.

Thanks for all the great feedback!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 08:58 PM   #1390
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I'm loving your plans!! I especially like your plans for Lilian's birthday.

I'm so far behind on everyone's TR's and PTR's, including my own.

I can't believe how close our trips are!
It is crazy!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 09:00 PM   #1391
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallmcduck View Post
Hi i have been MIA from your PTR with organising for our trip, our trip and getting over that being home feeling Back and catching up with your plans and joining the excitement for your trip It will not be long what a wonderful feeling
welcome back!! I am jumped over to your TR tonight. I am looking forward to reading about your trip and any comments you can offer for me!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 09:06 PM   #1392
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Only 23 days left to go—I have so much left that I want to do for our trip! I am definitely going to have to prioritize as the next weeks are proving to be crazy. Classes begin for me next week—crazy to think I just finished up summer classes. Oh well, I will finish what I can and that will be that.
Without further ado, here is the next item on my countdown list:

23. Wishes!!

Debuting on my countdown is Wishes. We did get to see it when we went last time on Main Street but off to the side. We did not see Tink fly nor do I remember any of the music! I am really looking forward to seeing it again. I hope to do it Thursday night of our trip, but will sneak it in sooner if I can manage.

For those who want to relive Wishes from home, click to watch the Wishes video

And I hope to be able to get a few shots from it to turn out:

Since we are going to get to see both Wishes and HalloWishes, I want to try two different locations to take pictures. I think one will be from FL and the other from the hub or MS. The latter location will depend on how scrunched and crowded it will be.

Do you try to catch Wishes every trip or is something you can take it or leave it? Anyone really not like Wishes?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 PM   #1393
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I cannot believe one month from now, it will be our last full day in Disney!! Today is the day we are spending the morning at DHS (instead of originally Sunday) and have a special dinner planned.

Breakdown of Disney Day 6

Park
DHS in the morning, EP-WS in the evening

Food
ADRs: 1
• Breakfast: resort most likely
• Lunch: CS in DHS
• Dinner: Rose and Crown
Goals
1. Make RD at DHS this morning!!
2. PHD
3. VOTLM and Beauty and the Beast
4. Streets of America pictures
5. Find the Singing in the Rain umbrella
I am picturing this being a shorter day at DHS. The priorities are for Lilian to see PHD and Ariel her favorite princess. I would obviously like to do more attractions including than what is listed above notably: TSM, RnRC and ToT. Well, I won’t be on RnRC or ToT but I want to get the guys to be able to ride them.

After our fun filled morning, we will need to take a break for lunch. No clue on where at the moment so we will probably just base it on where we are at when we get hungry. I picture us leaving shortly after lunch to head back to the resort to rest up.

Evening Plans

This is a night I will be looking forward to the whole week—we are finally planning on seeing Illuminations this evening. I have been wanting to see Illuminations for five years, so I am beyond excited for it.

We will head to EP-WS probably about 5:00, it will all depend on when we get back to the resort to rest from DHS. We have a dinner ADR at 7:50, with hopes of being able to sit out on the deck. DGM knows the chef down there, so she is hoping we can use it to our advantage to get a good seat. This will probably be the last time the whole group will be together, so I think it is a wonderful way to end our trip!

Prior to dinner, I hope to continue exploring WS even if we manage to finish it earlier in the week. I also hope to hang around after dinner to see WS in all its glory at night!! It is EMH tonight, so I'm not sure how crowded it will be. Think it is going to be crowded?

So, what do you think of our final full day at Disney?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 PM   #1394
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I'm really looking forward to Wishes as well. We'll also be in the park for both Wishes and Hallowishes. I've read in a few other TR that riding Dumbo during Wishes is just wonderful and special. There are no lines because everyone is on the other side of the castle watching the show and the fireworks are shot off from somewhere behind Fantasyland so they're right behind Dumbo. So, that's what we're doing for Hallowishes, it is one of the things I'm looking most forward to.

And I love your final day plans! WS is the park I'm most excited about so I think the more time there the better.
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 PM   #1395
Mommy2LittleVols
DIS Veteran

We try to catch Wishes at least once each trip. We love it! We actually have the soundtrack at home and listen to it all the time.

DHS Plans - Sound great! We arrived just after rope drop last year and headed straight for ToT/RnRc. DH got FPs for RnRc while I rode ToT standby. We then went over to Animation Courtyard and caught the first showing of VOTLM, then the first PHD, and then headed back over and caught the first Beauty and the Beast! We were then able to use our RnRc FP's since we were right there near it. I don't know if the show times are always set up that way, but we sure felt like we got a lot done in a short amount of time!

Evening plans - I think this sounds like a wonderful way to end your trip! You will love Illuminations! We were in Epcot during evening EMH last trip and it wasn't crowded at all. Hope you are as lucky!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: