Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Creative DISigns
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
HandyDavidsMommy
Earning My Ears

Autograph Book Binding Advice

Hi everyone! I am currently printing out all the wonderful pages that I have gotten from the TALENTED designers on this site . Now, comes the binding...I know that stores like Staples, Fedex, or Office Max perform this service but I was wondering if anyone has a preference about which store should be used. Thank you in advance for any help.

Best Regards,
Rebecca

Disneyland, CA (David's 1st Trip)-2013
HandyDavidsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:01 PM   #2
living20057
DIS Veteran

I have used Staples to bind things before and it turned out fine. They are several options for binding. It was pretty cheap too.
living20057 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 10:30 PM   #3
Tinkerduck
Earning My Ears

Another Autograph Book Question

Just to add on a question. What do you do with the front cover? Do you laminate it first?
Tinkerduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:19 AM   #4
HandyDavidsMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerduck View Post
Just to add on a question. What do you do with the front cover? Do you laminate it first?
There are several options for the front covers that I am aware of...I have been thinking about laminating the cover before getting it binded, but I am also aware that certain stores offer plastic covers for the front and the back of the binded document so I have been deliberating about which way to go. Someone else could be more help though because this is the first time I am making a autograph book

Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
HandyDavidsMommy
Earning My Ears

Thank you :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by living20057 View Post
I have used Staples to bind things before and it turned out fine. They are several options for binding. It was pretty cheap too.
Thank you for sharing that , I will most likely go with staples then. I really appreciate the advice!

Old 08-06-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerduck View Post
I had my autograph books binded at FedEx/Kinkos and the man there was so nice and helpful. They have different color binding, and he choose white.

And, he placed a frosted plastic cover on front and back to make them really nice. Certainly, added a classy look over just clear.

Karen
Cinderella909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:43 AM   #7
jlfreed
Earning My Ears

I have mine binded at OfficeMax...they have lots of options. I use them often. They have a plastic cover and options for back cover also...never had a problem and pretty reasonably priced. They have many colors and many kinds of binding coils. Hope this helps.
jlfreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:44 AM   #8
living20057
DIS Veteran

I printed all the pages on cardstock and laminated the cover
living20057 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #9
HandyDavidsMommy
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella909 View Post
I had my autograph books binded at FedEx/Kinkos and the man there was so nice and helpful. They have different color binding, and he choose white.

And, he placed a frosted plastic cover on front and back to make them really nice. Certainly, added a classy look over just clear.

Karen
That sounds amazing!! Thank you for that advice, I really appreciate it. Just one more question...did you have to take the pages preut or were they able to do that? I'm not sure if I should make the time to pre-cut all of the pages before taking it to be binded or if that is something that can be done at the store.

Thanks again

Best Regards,
Rebecca

Old 08-07-2010, 07:38 AM   #10
Cinderella909
Mouseketeer

[QUOTE=HandyDavidsMommy;37707588]That sounds amazing!! Thank you for that advice, I really appreciate it. Just one more question...did you have to take the pages preut or were they able to do that? I'm not sure if I should make the time to pre-cut all of the pages before taking it to be binded or if that is something that can be done at the store.

I printed my pages at home on cardstock. Then I used FedEx paper cutter to cut, as theirs have a straight edge, grid lines, so the cut is a good clean cut. I printed one per page, then cut along the bottom. It was easy to use their cutter, and much better than if I had cut them at home. The finish size of my books are 81/2" by 6".

While it takes a lot of paper, it just came out looking really nice. I had intentionally left a lot room around the images, thinking that I would cut them down to size once I returned home. But, the books look too good like they are, so I'm leaving them as is.

Also, I did one autograph book for the Character Meals, and then a general autograph book. We didn't see all the characters, but we had a page for all the characters we meet. Have fun!
Cinderella909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #11
HandyDavidsMommy
Earning My Ears

Thank You Thank you!

[QUOTE=Cinderella909;37716966]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandyDavidsMommy View Post
That sounds amazing!! Thank you for that advice, I really appreciate it. Just one more question...did you have to take the pages preut or were they able to do that? I'm not sure if I should make the time to pre-cut all of the pages before taking it to be binded or if that is something that can be done at the store.

I printed my pages at home on cardstock. Then I used FedEx paper cutter to cut, as theirs have a straight edge, grid lines, so the cut is a good clean cut. I printed one per page, then cut along the bottom. It was easy to use their cutter, and much better than if I had cut them at home. The finish size of my books are 81/2" by 6".

While it takes a lot of paper, it just came out looking really nice. I had intentionally left a lot room around the images, thinking that I would cut them down to size once I returned home. But, the books look too good like they are, so I'm leaving them as is.

Also, I did one autograph book for the Character Meals, and then a general autograph book. We didn't see all the characters, but we had a page for all the characters we meet. Have fun!
Thank you so very much for all that help! I really appreciate it!!

Old 08-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #12
FedexLaShelia
Earning My Ears

Hello this is FedEx LaShelia. FedEx Office and Print Centers do wonderful binding work. Please contact us at 1-800-463-3339 to find your nearest location. You can also visit us online at fedex.com/us/office/copyprint/presentations/manuals.html
FedexLaShelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #13
Denzbrujah
Addicted to DISigns!

LOL Another FedEx/DIS'r

Like LaSheila recommended use FedEx, I personally use coil binding with a vinyl covers/backs for the ones I make.

Tags
advice, autograph book, binding

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: