Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 01:07 AM   #61
robind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm with Robin, I like a LOT of ice. Does she just like her drink cold or is she and ice chewer?
Mostly just want it really, really cold, but I am sometimes know to crunch a few cubes.

Great job Shanan - are you guys going to surprise us next month?
Old 08-04-2010, 01:10 PM   #62
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Mickey View Post
Are you talking about, Todd?
No, I was talking about that topiary. Though Todd is pretty cute too!

Quote:

It was during this time that Teresa wants to get back at Kevin for us all texting her at the same time during dinner at Texas De Brazil...so she gives us his number and tells us to text him that we found this number on the bathroom wall.
That's a pretty good idea!!!!

Quote:

Great shot!!

Quote:
Jason was the first participant actually there! We were way early!
You could have slept longer!

Quote:
The mud pit, before anyone has crawled through....
wow did this thing S...T...I....N....K!
I think they used fresh cow manure!
Ew.

Quote:
I was worried cause Jason's shirt was soaked! I thought it was sweat (turns out he was pouring water over himself) He was so pumped up and hooting and hollaring. This was the most pumped up I think I have ever seen him (besides his brother's wedding)
That is awesome!!!

Quote:
Someone enjoyed the mud????

Great pictures!!!!

And I said this over on Jaime's report, but GREAT JOB JASON!! I loved the "Eating around the World" idea! According to Jaime's rules, you did complete it, you opted out of one country - Mexico! I cannot believe she drank maple syrup straight up and you drank cheese. You guys are nuts!!

Quote:
Side Note: Jason and Todd are running the Chicago Muddy Buddy on Sunday August 1st! I wonder how early we will be there this time!
How did they do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robind View Post
Mostly just want it really, really cold, but I am sometimes know to crunch a few cubes.
I'm with ya! I love a cooooooold drink. But I'm also an ice chewer... It's so bad, but I'm an addict.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 11:27 PM   #63
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
What a beautiful ode. Thank you.
You are quite welcome! We missed you so much and your absence was really felt this day for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robind View Post

Great job Shanan - are you guys going to surprise us next month?
You will just have to wait and see...but sad to say No, I don't want to get anyones hopes up! We will be going to the Indy meet.

Quote:
No, I was talking about that topiary. Though Todd is pretty cute too!

I would have to agree .

Great shot!!

Thanks!

You could have slept longer!
I know!!! Don't remind me!

Ew.

That is awesome!!!

Great pictures!!!!

And I said this over on Jaime's report, but GREAT JOB JASON!! I loved the "Eating around the World" idea! According to Jaime's rules, you did complete it, you opted out of one country - Mexico! I cannot believe she drank maple syrup straight up and you drank cheese. You
guys are nuts!!
Oh yeah that is true, I did complete it, but I wanted to complete it all!!! I am daring what can I say...actually I will eat pretty much anything. I think.

How did they do?
Pretty darn good, but I have to say from the spectator point of view, it is much easier to watch in Orlando, then in Illinois. We got a lot of rain and the Chicago Muddy Buddy, is held about 60 miles from Chicago on a muddy farm! And lets just say you are basically standing in a mud pit and driving in a mud pit. Lots of cars were getting stuck! Not as many people dress up in Chicago either. But we did See these guys.....

Was going to do a few chapters but ran out of time getting my coupons together for the awesome deals at Meijer this week. Until Tomorrow.

Last edited by A.Mickey; 08-13-2010 at 01:14 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #64
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I need to remember to take my heart rate monitor off prior to photos. It looks like I am ready to breast feed a child.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:37 AM   #65
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

Oh the muddy farm does NOT sound fun!! Blah!!! But the pictures are great, those boys got good and muddy again!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 08-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #66
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
I need to remember to take my heart rate monitor off prior to photos. It looks like I am ready to breast feed a child.
You look fine!

Quote:
Oh the muddy farm does NOT sound fun!! Blah!!! But the pictures are great, those boys got good and muddy again!
No it wasn't especially with a 3 year old....I think it almost took us longer to get clean than Daddy. Yes they sure did get good and muddy again! So much so Todd needed help seeing.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #67
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Animal Kingdom-Pangani Trail

So Jason ran the race, Chris drove us back to All-Stars, Jason took a shower and got ready to head to....

Perrty Orchids!

We were suppose to meet everyone here....but we are the first one's to arrive! We have been up since 4 am and now it is close to 11 I think? So we decide to just go grab something to eat. We have yet to eat here....

So we opt in to try this counter service...I mean it is just Disney Pizza again (which I really like...I can't believe it gets so much negativity!)

But this restaurant is really cool!

No veggie pizza here, so I decide on cheese.

Jason gets pepperoni and breadsticks

hmmm....weird I remember taking so many more pictures of the cool decor in this restaurant...I guess I didn't. I was too busy eating...we were starved!

We decide to head over to the Pangani Forest Trek. We hadn't been on the trail since our honeymoon in 2006.

Half way through the trail Tracey calls us and is in the park, so she comes back to meet us.

See the gorilla in the upper right?

Potty Break!

We head for a trail by the Tree of Life.

The rest of the gang has arrived and they are heading to Flame Tree BBQ.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:05 PM   #68
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

We finally meet up with the rest of the gang. And sit and relax in the hot Animal Kingdom. I decide to head over to the restroom and pin trade a little while they are eating.

These little statues are cute!

Tile in the bathroom floor...yes...this camera has made me very observant. LOL!

After lunch we head over

to

Right after the show we see....

Which was cool.....but then I finally see what I have been wanting to see forever! And have never been lucky enough to come across her, or spot her! But we see Divine!

See her?
I am sure I walked right past her many times.

While everyone was eating lunch Jason grabbed FP for everyone for the safari, so that is where we are heading next.

I wish I got a decent picture of how many black vultures were hanging out at the beginning of the ride. It was quite insane how many there were!

After the safari we headed over and a few of us got on to the single rider line for EE.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:19 PM   #69
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

We head over to Dinoland to ride Dinosaur.

I thought Aaron would get a kick out of this picture...he has been obsessed with Speed Limit size at the time of our trip.

Dinosaur...usually scares the living bejeezers out of me...when they take your picture...but they actually moved the dinosaur and the camera....so it was not nearly as scary. Our picture was quite amusing. We all looked confused in our picture as we were all wondering what happened to the dinosaur?

Cute little mini dinosaur under the big dinosaur, that I never noticed before.

Time for a snack and to cool off! We decide to head over to Restuarantasourus to cool off.

My Mickey Bar was chocolatey

After our refresher we head over to see the last show of Finding Nemo the Musical...when it is over the park will be closed.

Needless to say we sat in the sob row.
Jaime, Jen, Jason and I...all are in tears before the show even starts. Todd was suppose to be here with us seeing this show for the first time. Jason always cries at this show, and I cry because Jason cries.

My Pearl!

If you haven't seen this yet! You need to see it! It is incredible!

Jason agrees! He was tearing up!

The park is closed so we head out and head to the buses back to All-Star.

Jason and I take showers and get ready for our Anniversary dinner (today is the day Jason and I met 6 years ago...and this weekend is the weekend we basically met almost everyone we are traveling with a year ago) at Jiko with the gang!

Old 08-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #70
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Jiko-The Cooking Place

We get ready and then act goofy and pose for a couple of pics after we are dressed up, like we usually do.

Tracey has been kind enough to give us a ride over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. So she picks us up a little before 7.

We are early so we relax a little bit and pin trade/shop.

We get our buzzer and soon start playing a game of hot potato, while a few of us get drinks.

We are soon seated

And the chef comes out to talk to Tracey about her allergy, this chef knows what he is talking about!

YUM BREAD!

YUM BREAD! (Taste of Africa - Trio of Dips with Assorted Breads and House-made Naan $9)

Jason orders:
Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon - with Macaroni & Cheese and Red Wine Sauce $41

I order:
A Halibut....but it wasn't the maize crusted...it was the special...and oh my god was it good!

I tried a bite of Anna's beef short ribs and they were amazing too! It was a pretty pricey meal, but I really enjoyed the company and food. I rate it right up there with Narcoossee's and California Grill as one of my all time fave Signature Restaurants.

After dinner I ask to snap a pic for our anniversary.

Jason is exhausted! (Remember he ran the Muddy Buddy this morning, and we both got up at 4 am...I am ok, but Jason is T.I.R.E.D!)

We do a little bit of shopping after dinner...

....maybe if it was giraffes instead of Pandas...

When we came back to our hotel we saw a bunny!

The next morning is Rope Drop at MK! Nighty night.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:23 AM   #71
TyRy
Part of the problem is I wear my shorts
It is making me nutty

Great Animal Kingdom Day. Mark noticed they moved the camera last time. He always looked petrified for some reason in every Dinosaur picture and said he was ready for it, and then they moved it and he wasn't ready. He still looked scared. Wonder why they moved it - thought the original spot was better.

Happy (late) anniversary. Looks like it was a great night/way to wrap up your anniversary for the two of you.
Mickey's Hand is Back in my Pocket - A Trippie for Sept/Oct 08 and 1st Trip Home to AKV
Trip of New Phases, Friends & 40 - Sept 09 - CR/AKV
*A Giraffe Meets the Beach - Oct '10 BCV/AKV* *Oct '11 AKV/Poly *1st Birthday Trip and Disney Dream Cruise - Dec '11 AKV* *Oct '12 - 18 days! AKVJ, BWV, AKVK*
*Nov 2013 AKVJ* *Extra May 2014 Trip SSR* *Oct 2014 Trip AKVJ, BLT, AKVJ*
Old 08-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #72
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I've heard from several TRs they moved the dinosaur and the camera - I wonder if I'll remember when I ride it. Probably not!

That was a VERY full day between the Muddy Buddy and the entire day at AK. Jiko always looks so fantastic, someday I WILL eat there...!
Old 08-17-2010, 08:32 AM   #73
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

I'll need a briefing of the new camera spot sometime within the next 16 days. Or we'll have to ride it twice....
Old 08-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #74
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll need a briefing of the new camera spot sometime within the next 16 days. Or we'll have to ride it twice....
I'm on it!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 AM   #75
aaronmckie
actual name: Jason
Don't judge me by tonight

Quote:

Jason is exhausted! (Remember he ran the Muddy Buddy this morning, and we both got up at 4 am...I am ok, but Jason is T.I.R.E.D!)

The two POTENT drinks before/with dinner didn't help much, either (the bartender at Jiko did not mess around, they were at least 80% alcohol).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: