Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 11:15 PM   #1126
PoohNFriends
Yes, I'm one of those crazy animal people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post

Betty covered this meal, so not sure exactly of the break down but it ran us $165 for 5 chicken dinners, 1 chicken salad, 2 kid meals & 6 drinks + tax + tip.
This meal was worth waiting in line for. The biscuits just melt in your mouth, the chicken was perfectly seasoned, the sides & starters were all good, the boysenberry punch/float were tasty (and different) & each adult meal came with a piece of pie. There is so much food & 2 adults could easily share one of these meals but hey, you only live once....chow down & enjoy!!
This made up for the rest of the day. It was that good & the service was wonderful. We ended our day on a high note!
We will probably never return to Knott's for the park...but we will definitely be driving there for dinner again!

Knott's Berry Farm, the park. Our experience may not be typical or may be the norm. The crowds for a Friday in the summer was surprising. Our longest wait for a ride was 30 mins. Knott's reminded us of a State Fair. It gets set up on a flat, treeless area with rides, carnies, boardwalk games & barkers, mass produced greasy food that is triple the price & just not super friendly workers. It was hard to find shade & when you did find it....there was usually no seating. Walking by games & having the employees calling to you to pay more money was annoying. We found that Camp Snoopy was set up for very little kids & the thrill rides are for the older set. Not a whole lot in the middle or for families to ride together. You could do the trains & stage coach but that tires quickly. We didn't make it to any of their shows, so I can't comment on them. We also didn't see one character running around greeting kids. I wasn't expecting Disneyland but I sure was expecting a bit more than what we saw. It was an expensive $45/per adult for more than half of them to leave in less than 4 hours. Lesson learned!

That chicken dinner looks so yummy!

I did get a bit of a fair/carnival atmosphere vibe from the pics at Knott's. I think part of their problem is that a lot of things looked dull to me and needed some refreshing paint/cleaning. Plus, i would have also been very annoyed to have people yelling out to play games. I have a lot of life left, but think I will still be content if I never go to Knott's - too many other things to see in this world!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #1127
PoohNFriends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry E View Post
I actually liked the Tail o' the Pup chili dogs better than Pink's. Their chili was less, what should I call it, in your face than Pink's is. Pink's is good too, but I think it's a bit stronger of a chili than TOTP was. But when TOTP closed down, Pink's got some new business.

There's another chili place on Sunset Blvd. called Carney's (it's a restaurant in a big cable car/street car/train kind of structure) - they also serve yummy burgers and hot dogs, and they are locally popular but they never quite caught on like Tail o' the Pup hot dog or, especially, Pink's.
So is Pink's known for more of a chili dog or hot dog's in general? From a pic it looks similar to a Chicago style hot dog, and being a Chicago (suburb) girl, I love my Chicago style hot dogs!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 11:36 PM   #1128
PoohNFriends

If I had a wrought iron fence, I would definitely have to have Micky head finials!

Those Big Boy burgers and sides look so tasty, a 101 times better than your Knott's lunch!
Old 08-16-2010, 11:53 PM   #1129
PoohNFriends

OMG! The 10 of you each in front of a letter is perfect! Love how each of you posed a different way!
Old 08-17-2010, 12:49 AM   #1130
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Thank you. Yeah it was something. The poor girls had quite a night themselves. While they were in the waiting room a bunch of thugly looking guys brought their friend in that had been stabbed. Thankfully they weren't alone. It was definitely an experience none of us care to repeat for sure. Other than being a bloody mess I think the bike survived it. I am taking pictures of it tomorrow and of the broken helmet. I figure my anniversary present is having Scotty alive.
It's the best anniversary present EVER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNic View Post
Love, love, loving your TR so far. And may I just say that picture of Tyler and Addy at the last A in California, is probably one of the cutest pics I have ever seen. She just seems like such a ham!
She is quite the little poser......lol!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Isn't she?
I'm sure you picked up on that when we got together.....you pull out a camera & she's right in front of it!! lol

[QUOTE=PoohNFriends;37848850]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post

Love how your husband rode right along with the kids!

He's such a trooper!! lol

Coasters: 5 Cheeseburgers, 5 fries, 2 kid meals & 6 cokes: $96.25
The food was comparable to cafeteria food that had been sitting under the lamps for long periods of time. The burger had no flavor, the fries were whimpy & unseasoned. The prices were crazy!! We've had nice sit down meals at Disneyland (where everyone ate) for the same amount or less!!

Usually I can't tell how tasty the food might be looking at the pics, but food from this place did not look good at all. Definitely way too expensive even though it is park food.
It was horrible.....the kids said it reminded them of mass produced food for the schools......yuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoohNFriends View Post
That chicken dinner looks so yummy!

I did get a bit of a fair/carnival atmosphere vibe from the pics at Knott's. I think part of their problem is that a lot of things looked dull to me and needed some refreshing paint/cleaning. Plus, i would have also been very annoyed to have people yelling out to play games. I have a lot of life left, but think I will still be content if I never go to Knott's - too many other things to see in this world!
As you noticed....I put down the "Metal Scenery" because that was the only visual thing to look at. Not much landscaping. At least the boardwalk games are contained & not too many of them at DCA. The games were all over the park.....just cheapened it for me.

Oh and the dinner was the bomb-diggity!!!

Quote:
So is Pink's known for more of a chili dog or hot dog's in general? From a pic it looks similar to a Chicago style hot dog, and being a Chicago (suburb) girl, I love my Chicago style hot dogs!!
I thought it was for their hot dogs, but after Sherry wrote about it....I was wondering the same. I looked at their menu & they have all sorts of different varieties & toppings. Would like to try it out sometime, but might have to drive over to their new one at Knott's (not inside the park) The line wasn't long at all there!!

Quote:
If I had a wrought iron fence, I would definitely have to have Micky head finials!

Those Big Boy burgers and sides look so tasty, a 101 times better than your Knott's lunch!
I loved the fence & Mickey heads.....they never miss a beat for details!!

Quote:
OMG! The 10 of you each in front of a letter is perfect! Love how each of you posed a different way!
We took 2 shots each & the first one was "normal" (what ever that is) & then one crazier one.....I picked my favorites from each person to put on the report.
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 AM   #1131
kelmac284
I wish I lived near one of the parks so I could go anytime I wanted
He was so enamoured with her...

As always loved the latests installments!!

As for the hollywood part I agree about the whole walk of fame thing. They had those cheesy characters there when we were there in 06 I think it was and the girls kind of wanted to see them but I knew better. They looked dirty and just lame. I think I read somewhere that the city got rid of them but not positive. But LOVED the soda fountain and wouldn't mind going there again and I agree I think it would be fun to have a version at DTD. I think it would do REALLY well!! I think they should have THAT instead of the other ice cream place that is there. MUCH more fun and would probably do a better business!!

And loved all your mm pics. We enjoyed our mm day but were bummed that areas like Adventureland weren't open. We wanted to eat breakfast in the park but nothing is really open early and we couldn't really do any rides accept fantasyland and the girls aren't into those much so for us it wasn't as worth it as we had hoped.

But we still had fun.

Michelle that whole ordeal with scotty just sounds awful. Thank god you answered your phone although I am sure they would have left a message and probably kept calling back till you did call or maybe called your kids or something although he might not have been lucid enough to know their numbers. And no offense but I am not a fan of Kaiser so this does NOT surprise me that they treated you that way!! That to me is just WRONG that they sent him home. Just plain DANGEROUS! Concussions can go wrong and that is just scary!

I am SO glad that he is doing better! What an ordeal and I didn't know it was your anniversary but Happy anniversary and you are right having him ok is the best present!!

Welp Laurie as always looking forward to the next installment but as I said getting really depressed cuz I know it is almost over LOL What will I do with myself

DL 1st trip 76 last trip 3/14 next trip ??
DW 1st trip 5/02 last trip 11/10 next trip ??
kelmac284 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:58 AM   #1132
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac284 View Post
As always loved the latests installments!!

As for the hollywood part I agree about the whole walk of fame thing. They had those cheesy characters there when we were there in 06 I think it was and the girls kind of wanted to see them but I knew better. They looked dirty and just lame. I think I read somewhere that the city got rid of them but not positive. But LOVED the soda fountain and wouldn't mind going there again and I agree I think it would be fun to have a version at DTD. I think it would do REALLY well!! I think they should have THAT instead of the other ice cream place that is there. MUCH more fun and would probably do a better business!!

And loved all your mm pics. We enjoyed our mm day but were bummed that areas like Adventureland weren't open. We wanted to eat breakfast in the park but nothing is really open early and we couldn't really do any rides accept fantasyland and the girls aren't into those much so for us it wasn't as worth it as we had hoped.

But we still had fun.

Michelle that whole ordeal with scotty just sounds awful. Thank god you answered your phone although I am sure they would have left a message and probably kept calling back till you did call or maybe called your kids or something although he might not have been lucid enough to know their numbers. And no offense but I am not a fan of Kaiser so this does NOT surprise me that they treated you that way!! That to me is just WRONG that they sent him home. Just plain DANGEROUS! Concussions can go wrong and that is just scary!

I am SO glad that he is doing better! What an ordeal and I didn't know it was your anniversary but Happy anniversary and you are right having him ok is the best present!!

Welp Laurie as always looking forward to the next installment but as I said getting really depressed cuz I know it is almost over LOL What will I do with myself
I was happy the costumed people were gone.....if the city put an end to it...that's good!! We really wanted to look around at Mann's & was pretty much chased off. Anthony would have wanted to meet more of them & there was no way I'd be paying any more than I already did. If they would have just hung out & if you approached them, that would have been one thing....but they came at you.....very uncomfortable situation.

See I enjoy MM for more than just the rides. As you can tell.....I love to take pics. These early entry times are perfect for capturing the beauty in the park. I also love the quietness you experience that early in the day!

Glad to see someone agrees with me about Kaiser being negligent in sending him home that night. I'm so glad he is doing better & hope he continues to heal quickly!

I know.....we are gonna start winding down on the TR pretty soon. I will have photopass pics & other pics we need to scan in.....so it will continue a bit longer.....so no need to frown quite yet!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 AM   #1133
DizNee Luver

Continuing on our Magic Morning. Our next ride was Pinocchio's Daring Journey:

We stopped at the photo op area for Dumbo & got a couple family shots:

Casey Jr wasn't running for MM.....would have loved to put my whole crew on that one & gotten a group shot.....bunch of animals!!! lol But I did take advantage of it sitting on the track to get pics of it......just wish they would have had the pathway open so I could have gotten better ones:

Next will be more shots of Fantasyland!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:17 PM   #1134
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree! You need to frame them all together somehow! Very cool!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
GoofySon'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:37 PM   #1135
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofySon'sMom View Post
I agree! You need to frame them all together somehow! Very cool!
What a good idea!!

Old 08-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #1136
DizNee Luver

So I took a bunch of random pics thru-out Fantasyland....you know, some of the little details!!

Lampposts by Dumbo:

The Carousel:

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride:

The latterns hanging over the Teacups:

Storybookland Canal Boats:

Flowers:

Small World area:

Popcorn cart by the Matterhorn:

Matterhorn area:

The Monorail going overhead:

Flowers:

Finding Nemo Subs:

Next up will be Tomorrowland shots.

Old 08-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #1137
srauchbauer
DIS Veteran

so many details that I missed last year and can't wait to see them this year.
srauchbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:51 PM   #1138
DizNee Luver

We went towards Space Mountain to ride (we took turns)....we sat by the water ball/globe:

The twins:

Ty & Nick waiting their turn for Space Mtn:

Space Mountain Pics:

A look around the area we were in:

Old 08-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #1139
DizNee Luver

Quote:
Originally Posted by srauchbauer View Post
so many details that I missed last year and can't wait to see them this year.
There are tons of details......we find all sorts each trip. Don't know if you'd ever see every single detail Disney provides!!

Old 08-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #1140
DizNee Luver

So as most of you know, Star Tours closed at the end of our first day (July 26). The plan was to get on it one last time before they totally change it.....unfortunately the line was always so long that we'd go by & say later....well later never came.

D23 also had a special Final Ride that would take place after the park closed. They would take the first 160 (which is what the ride will hold) & let them be a part of a special celebration & ride. They gave you an email address at 10am on a certain day & you would email them with the tickets goings first come, first serve basically. The first day this was set up for...they had a glitch in the email service, so they set it for the next morning. I had the email all ready to go with the info you had to provide (like D23 member #, name, name of guest, etc)....the only thing I had to do was paste the new email addy & paste it on the email & hit send. I refreshed page over & over until the new email came up. I copy/pasted & hit send with in 5 secs. I got an email 10 mins later saying the tickets were all gone. Bummer....it would have been the only D23 event I actually could be there for. Oh well.....I tried.

A couple more shots as we left Tomorrowland & headed back to Main Street.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: