Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #1366
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
Add me to the haven't-tried-Disney-popcorn club. I may just have to pick some up when we go, too.
Good to know I am in good company. Maybe we both should take care of it on our September trips?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #1367
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
I LOVE POPCORN!!!!!!

It is a huge weakness (that and cheesecake )

Hey my kitchen is that hopping and popping everyday....

I have not seen a popcorn set there...but not sure if I have looked for one... it would be so cute.

Rest day...yeah! They are such a great idea and recharger for the rest of your trip....

I have eaten at EOS twice and plan to in Nov...just cause I heard they have an awesome special turkey sandwich just for the holidays...but I have heard great reviews for both places...

probably plan to eat outside at either place...they are right by each other...so deciding based on seating could be an easy way to decide!

the Marketplace is a great place to shop! WoD beware though you will be in there for quite awhile...do first or at the very end...it can get crazy crowded

sounds good on your time for arriving at EP for the Princess ADR....and not sure, but I think I read you saying something about buying your Photopass card

FYI you don't have to buy a card...all the photos are "free" till you purchase them and the "free" photos you'll get at say Norway w/ your dinner...they should give you a PP # that you can upload online too and order additional prints or add to your PP cd at home

Did you or do you know to pre-order the CD for some savings?

the trip is coming together...looks great!

J~
I have pre-ordered the photopass cd so I really plan on taking advantage of service so I get my money's worth.

I did not know they would add the Akershus photos onto the PP cd. Thanks!!
September 2010 PTR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #1368
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

24 Days left to go...another countdown post

The countdown is creeping towards the teen digits. Hard to believe!! Probably my favorite ride in all of Walt Disney World is Soarin’ hence it deserves a spot on my countdown.

24. Soarin’

I am not sure what it is about this ride that I just love so much. During college I went skydiving and it was so peaceful as odd as that sounds, especially given I do not like heights normally. I’m not sure if this perhaps takes me back to it or though I would love to try hang gliding, it will most likely never happen. At any rate, it is a favorite and I will not miss it!!

Here is a video of Soarin’ to brighten your day:

Soarin'

And a picture of the sign I am looking forward to seeing again:

(photo credit belongs to AllEars)

So there is the second ride that has made my countdown! Anyone care to try to guess what other two rides make my list? These are excluding the shows, parades and nighttime entertainment that may or may not made my list.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #1369
disney<333
DIS Veteran

You're getting SOOO close now!
There is a lot on WDW to look forward to. Soarin' is one my favorites. I watch the ride and listen to the music often.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #1370
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
You're getting SOOO close now!
There is a lot on WDW to look forward to. Soarin' is one my favorites. I watch the ride and listen to the music often.
I have Soarin' music as my ringtone on my new phone.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #1371
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

This time next month, we will be on the downswing of our vacation. After our relaxing day before, today we will be venturing off to AK. I enjoy AK but it is never a super long day for us. DGM, DGP, DBF and DBFH will not be joining us this morning so are party size will be seven (at least while we are at AK).

Breakdown of Disney Day 5

Park
Animal Kingdown

Food
ADRs: 1
• Breakfast: Donald’s Safari Breakfast at TH
• Lunch: CS at AK
• Dinner: CS somewhere
Goals
1. Arrive on time to TH
2. Safari and trails
3. Lilian really wants to ride KRR
4. See Tree of Life up close!!
5. Shows, at least one
This is a morning I am unsure of our transportation. Our ADR is for 8:30. Do you think we should use the bus system or drive ourselves? By this point we will obviously know how the bus system is functioning for us and whether or not we would get to the park in time to be on time at TH.

After our fun-filled yummy breakfast, we will probably venture over to the Safari. I rather go earlier than later so we have a better chance of seeing animals. This is actually the EMH evening, so I am wondering if it will be quieter in the morning. What do you all think? There are other things we want to do at Ak, which I will post later on when I hash out my rough touring plan coming up soon.

I know I want to watch one of the shows though I am torn on which show to watch. I want to do both FN and FOTLK so we will see how the day goes. With Flame Tree being closed, I need to know where we should consider eating for lunch. Where would you eat if Flame Tree is closed on your trip? Depending on the show schedule and how we manage our morning, I foresee us leaving soon after lunch for our break.

Evening Plans

After resting up and cooling off at the resort, we will head off to visit MK this evening. I know it will probably be busier since it is one of the few nights our week that Wishes and MSEP are showing the same night, but it does seem to be the best night for us to go to experience them. If we are doing great through the week, than perhaps we might see one before tonight but that would be spur of the moment, not planning on it.

Dinner is going to be CS again for dinner. I think I am leaning towards us going to MK for dinner. Thus far, we probably will not have eaten at a CS in MK with the possible exception being our first afternoon. With this in mind, I need CS suggestions. What is/are your favorite CS(s) spots in MK?

Ideally we would get to ride a few rides before settling in to watch the MSEP. Not sure where we will watch the parade—perhaps in FL this evening. I also want to catch Wishes, but would like to brave MS if it is not so crazy busy this evening.

What do you all think about today’s breakdown? Tomorrow’s postings will include the plans for our last full day in Disney (already).
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #1372
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

I hope that I can get back to reading your PTRs and TRs that I am subscribed to soon. This weekend we were out of town and now DH is out of town so I am scrambling to get things done.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #1373
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I recommend Cosmic Ray's for a CS in MK. It's a family fav and a tradition.We love the 4 "stations" they have with all the different options. There is definately something for everyone. A close 2nd is Peco's Bills....great burgers!

My fav show at AK is FOTLK. Back in Jan 09 we did manage to see both show on the same day. I think we did the 2nd show for FOTLK and the early afternoon show of FN. We left the park around 3pm that day and had arrived at 9am rope drop. We also fit in KS, EE, Dinosaur and both trails. We ate lunch at Pizzafari and it was pretty good.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-17-2010, 06:55 AM   #1374
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

Soarin is my favorite ride in Disney World too. I can't not smile when I'm on that ride For lunch CS in the AK I've only eaten at Pizzafari. It was fine, but I'd like to try the BBQ place or Yak 'n Yeti. In the MK I like Columbia Harbor House. The tuna sandwich is yummy and I love eating upstairs. It is usually quiet up there.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:12 AM   #1375
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

I love Soarin'! I've never been on it at WDW, but lots of times over at Disney California Adventure. Awesome ride!

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 08-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #1376
MommyMcQueen
DIS Veteran

Hi Stephanie!

I'm loving your countodwn so far! Those popcorn bowls are adorable - I've seen them before on one other DISer's TR (WDWGirl03 - Sarah) I think she ordered them...I'd love to pick those up too - we do lots of popcorn here also!

Your day plans look great! Love your idea of having a Top 5 goals.

I too am SO disappointed that Flame Tree is closed, we'll be missing it too. We're planning to just eat wherever, I think we'll do Pizzafari for lunch and Restaurantosarous for dinner - nothing too exciting but we'll find something to eat. Flame Tree was the CS I was most looking forward to and it's closed!!

Karen
Old 08-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #1377
Mommy2LittleVols
DIS Veteran

My thoughts are in blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
This time next month, we will be on the downswing of our vacation. After our relaxing day before, today we will be venturing off to AK. I enjoy AK but it is never a super long day for us. DGM, DGP, DBF and DBFH will not be joining us this morning so are party size will be seven (at least while we are at AK).

Breakdown of Disney Day 5

Park
Animal Kingdown

Food
ADRs: 1
• Breakfast: Donald’s Safari Breakfast at TH
• Lunch: CS at AK
• Dinner: CS somewhere
Goals
1. Arrive on time to TH
2. Safari and trails
3. Lilian really wants to ride KRR
4. See Tree of Life up close!!
5. Shows, at least one
This is a morning I am unsure of our transportation. Our ADR is for 8:30. Do you think we should use the bus system or drive ourselves? By this point we will obviously know how the bus system is functioning for us and whether or not we would get to the park in time to be on time at TH.

We usually drive ourselves to early ADR's, just because I can't stand the stress of wondering if the bus will make it on time.

After our fun-filled yummy breakfast, we will probably venture over to the Safari. I rather go earlier than later so we have a better chance of seeing animals. This is actually the EMH evening, so I am wondering if it will be quieter in the morning. What do you all think? There are other things we want to do at Ak, which I will post later on when I hash out my rough touring plan coming up soon.

Last year we were at AK during evening EMH and saw more animals on the safari than we ever have on our morning rides. The guide said that the lions, in particular, tend to be more active in the evenings. Just something to think about. ETA: I just noticed that you're leaving AK after lunch, so I think doing KS first thing is a good plan.

I know I want to watch one of the shows though I am torn on which show to watch. I want to do both FN and FOTLK so we will see how the day goes. With Flame Tree being closed, I need to know where we should consider eating for lunch. Where would you eat if Flame Tree is closed on your trip? Depending on the show schedule and how we manage our morning, I foresee us leaving soon after lunch for our break.

We always end up eating at Pizzafari. We actually like the pizza, plus the a/c is always a welcome plus! Also, we are usually able to fit in both FN and FOTLK in one day, but if I had to choose, I would probably pick FOTLK. It is probably our favorite show at any park.

Evening Plans

After resting up and cooling off at the resort, we will head off to visit MK this evening. I know it will probably be busier since it is one of the few nights our week that Wishes and MSEP are showing the same night, but it does seem to be the best night for us to go to experience them. If we are doing great through the week, than perhaps we might see one before tonight but that would be spur of the moment, not planning on it.

Dinner is going to be CS again for dinner. I think I am leaning towards us going to MK for dinner. Thus far, we probably will not have eaten at a CS in MK with the possible exception being our first afternoon. With this in mind, I need CS suggestions. What is/are your favorite CS(s) spots in MK?

We like Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe, but I've heard good things about Columbia Harbour House, too.

Ideally we would get to ride a few rides before settling in to watch the MSEP. Not sure where we will watch the parade—perhaps in FL this evening. I also want to catch Wishes, but would like to brave MS if it is not so crazy busy this evening.

What do you all think about today’s breakdown? Tomorrow’s postings will include the plans for our last full day in Disney (already).
I think your plans for this day sound great overall!
Old 08-17-2010, 09:12 AM   #1378
KatMark
DIS Veteran

AK plans look great. I would drive that day...it's an early ADR and you should get a pretty close parking spot. Not sure what to recommend since Flame Tree is closed as we've not eaten at any of the others. We will NOT eat Disney pizza (or pizza in Florida in general) as it is really gross. They do have sandwiches as well at the Pizzfari.

At the MK in the evening for counter service, our two favorites by far are Cosmic Ray's and Columbia Harbor House. If you do Columbia Harbor House, try to get a seat on the upper level where it is usually much less crowded.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #1379
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

I too would say if you have the car...then I would drive to AK for the early ADR...no worries then...

if you time it right you can see both shows in a single day...I'd go w/ FotLK first in case you don't have time for two...check the entertainment site (Steve Soares) that will give you a better idea of the times and how to schedule your day...

If I couldn't eat at FTBBQ then I'd go w/ Yak and Yeti CS...we really liked it or Restorantasaurus...nothing super special but does have some a/c seating...

MK is the best park for CS options IMHO...

I vote for Cosmic Rays too because it does have so many options...grab a table first then order! but it does get crowded....

CHH is great too...I LOVE the food there and the upstairs dining!

Pecos Bill has a really great fixings bar there...

Oh and KatMark's post...that's the Chicago in her talking...seriously only by us can you get real pizza and hotdogs
Old 08-17-2010, 10:52 AM   #1380
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I think your plans look great! As usual I'm not much help to your questions since I'm a newbie, lol. I just love reading your countdown.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: