Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 08:29 AM   #1351
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlefours View Post
Our ADR at Akershus is at 9:15. I think if we enter the park around 8:45 we should be good, correct? I guess part of that will depend on what time they let us will help decide.

you could enter even earlier if you wish I bet...they have a special line for pre-park ADR's...now even though FW is open WS is not...I think it would nice to beat some of the RD crowds in FW. Not posisitive...but maybe ask around when you arrive if you can get in the gates right before 8:45...

sometimes they let people in the gates at 15 min to the hour (just not on rides yet)

good luck!

Also we really enjoyed 1900 PF w/ Cindy, etc...it was a nice buffet and the characters were great. You will LOVE the stepsisiters...they loved calling Rachel who was dressed as Cinderella (then age 5 1/2) Cindersmella and wanted to know why she wasn't in the kitchen....

J~
Old 08-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #1352
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran

Your plans look great steph.

I think the whole day at MK will be a lighter crowd day. Most people will avoid the park since it closes early. MNSSHP seemed like a low crowd day to us when we were there. We hoped right on rides and the parade spots and firework spots were not over crowded at all. I sure hope the rumor is not true about cinderella's carriage. That was so beautiful. I wished I had a little girl dressed in a cindy gown at that moment. Since In reality I had two boys dressed as pirates we opted not to stand in line and there was quite a line the entire night.

I cant wait to see the custom cake. How exciting.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #1353
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Countdown, we have hit 25 days left to go!!

I cannot believe it, but today is 25 days until we leave for Disney!! You know what that means…

25. POPCORN!!!!!!!!!!

Crazy thing to put on a countdown of things I am looking for I know, but can you believe this will be another first for me. After over a year of reading PTR and TR here on DIS, I am amazed about many DISers rave about popcorn. It has been a family treat to watch a movie with a big bowl of popcorn at home so I am sure Lilian is going to want some too. Since I have never have never had Disney popcorn before, I want to remedy this "problem" and get one of the souvenir popcorn bucket. Here is a lovely picture (from a DISer) of what I am looking forward to:

Also pertaining to popcorn, I have a special something on my possible shopping list while at Disney:

I want to see if I can find a popcorn bowl set while I am at Disney. I think it will be a fun way for our family movie nights to have a bit of Disney magic (whether we watch a Disney movie or not). Anyone have a Disney popcorn set?

Since I have also been trying to include a video for your viewing pleasure (which can be difficult for the record) I found one that I think is fun (Lilian was laughing at the end of it). Enjoy!

The Muppets Popcorn Video

September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 08-15-2010 at 09:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:27 PM   #1354
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 3 for Lillian's birthday sounds terrific. I too hope she gets to dance with Prince Charming for her special day.

RIP Genie
Old 08-15-2010, 09:28 PM   #1355
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

This Time Next Month, will be September 15th. Thus far leading up to today, we have been to Epcot and MK twice and DHS once (if it works out into the evening). Up today is our day for guy and gal fun.

Breakdown of Day 4 at Disney

Park
DTD

Food
ADRs: 0
• Breakfast: at the resort
• Lunch:
o Guys, at the golf clubhouse most likely
o Gals, not sure if we will eat lunch or wait for our tea reservation
• Dinner: at DTD, leaning towards EOS
Goals for Today

1. Relax and Enjoy our day!
2. Shopping at DTD
3. I want to spend some alone time with Lilian!!

Long ago at the beginning of this PTR, I mentioned that as a thank you gift, DH and I were treating the guys and gals to some fun time. Today is the day! The guys will be heading out golfing this morning at the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course. They will most likely eat lunch afterwards at the clubhouse. I am treating the gals to tea at Grand Floridian this afternoon. More on the tea will appear later on the countdown—so stay tuned for it!

Evening Plans

After these fun treats, we will be heading off to DTD. It has yet to be decided if the guys will meet the gals at a certain time at DTD or if we will meet at the resort than proceed together. While at DTD (which is something my Dad is looking forward to experiencing), we will eat dinner. I am really leaning towards wanting to eat EOS as the menu and everything I have read about it seems really yummy. The other option being toyed with is WPE. Not sure if will quite fit the group at-large though. Have you eaten at one or both? Do you like one better?

Of course while we are at DTD we will be looking through the shops. I know I want to pick up a Christmas ornament, browse Trendz, Once Upon a Toy and World of Disney. What other stores are favorites of yours? Perhaps we will round down the evening with a trip to Goofy’s Candy Company and/or Ghirardelli’s. Overall, I think this will be a great day. What do you all think?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 PM   #1356
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Plans sound great! I'm sure everyone will enjoy their downtime. We love spending time at DTD, but we've never eaten at EOS or WPE. However, Ghiradelli's is a MUST! Madison hasn't really gotten to experience their ice cream (well, she had it when she was 3 and 1/2, but she doesn't remember it) and we need to make the time to go there.

I have to be dragged out of WOD...there is just too much to look at and I don't want to miss anything. Tren-D is AMAZING and I like to buy an ornament every year too. You should check out the Design-A-Tee store. We let Madison make her own t-shirt last January and it's really cute.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #1357
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
That is going to be on great birthday for Lilian It is a bit of a bummer that since you are going to one of the early parties you won't know exactly what to expect. Of course then you can come back and report to people like me so we get the benefit of your experience Sounds like a great day. Oh and I love the Plaza! It's my favorite place to eat in the Magic Kingdom. I'm planning on being there for my birthday in January!
Thanks Jenny! I think it will be a pretty special way to spend a birthday. I'm glad to hear you like Plaza.

Do you have any specific things you want me to look for/think about while at MNSSHP?
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-15-2010, 09:46 PM   #1358
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
you could enter even earlier if you wish I bet...they have a special line for pre-park ADR's...now even though FW is open WS is not...I think it would nice to beat some of the RD crowds in FW. Not posisitive...but maybe ask around when you arrive if you can get in the gates right before 8:45...

sometimes they let people in the gates at 15 min to the hour (just not on rides yet)

good luck!

Also we really enjoyed 1900 PF w/ Cindy, etc...it was a nice buffet and the characters were great. You will LOVE the stepsisiters...they loved calling Rachel who was dressed as Cinderella (then age 5 1/2) Cindersmella and wanted to know why she wasn't in the kitchen....

J~
Your experience at PF sounds spectacular!! I hope we have the same.

EP-I will shoot for us being there at 8:30 in hopes of getting in early. I would love to enjoy a quiet and relatively empty EP.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-15-2010, 09:54 PM   #1359
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Your plans look great steph.

I think the whole day at MK will be a lighter crowd day. Most people will avoid the park since it closes early. MNSSHP seemed like a low crowd day to us when we were there. We hoped right on rides and the parade spots and firework spots were not over crowded at all. I sure hope the rumor is not true about cinderella's carriage. That was so beautiful. I wished I had a little girl dressed in a cindy gown at that moment. Since In reality I had two boys dressed as pirates we opted not to stand in line and there was quite a line the entire night.

I cant wait to see the custom cake. How exciting.
Thank you Lindsay! TGM seems to think it will be a great day in MK. TP thinks not but I think they say to avoid any park with a special event happening. I hope it keeps crowds light!!

I hope our MNSSHP is like yours with lower crowds. I really want to see Cinderella's Carriage as well so I hope it is wrong too.

I hope the cake turns out amazing.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-15-2010, 09:55 PM   #1360
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Day 3 for Lillian's birthday sounds terrific. I too hope she gets to dance with Prince Charming for her special day.
Thanks Kathy!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-15-2010, 09:56 PM   #1361
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Plans sound great! I'm sure everyone will enjoy their downtime. We love spending time at DTD, but we've never eaten at EOS or WPE. However, Ghiradelli's is a MUST! Madison hasn't really gotten to experience their ice cream (well, she had it when she was 3 and 1/2, but she doesn't remember it) and we need to make the time to go there.

I have to be dragged out of WOD...there is just too much to look at and I don't want to miss anything. Tren-D is AMAZING and I like to buy an ornament every year too. You should check out the Design-A-Tee store. We let Madison make her own t-shirt last January and it's really cute.
Thanks Meghan! Ghiradelli's seems like a must.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #1362
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

I have never had Disney popcorn either. I need to remedy that one of these days. We've eaten at both WOS and WPE and really like both. WPE is an awesome deal on the dining plan. The food is yummy. In fact it is better than some TS places. It's also very nice because you order and then they bring the food to your table. EOS has really great sandwiches so if you are a sandwich fan it is the one for you. It is pretty chaotic in there so for me WPE is a more relaxing meal. Either way you go I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Old 08-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #1363
BabyEeyore
DIS Veteran

Add me to the haven't-tried-Disney-popcorn club. I may just have to pick some up when we go, too.

DH and me: DD (4): Ali: Prim:

Multiple trips as a kid (DL) & lots of day trips to WDW as an adult
Off-site: First trip with DH and DD, WDW Nov. 2008
Pop Century: Oct. 2009, March 2010
POFQ: Sept. 2010 (MNSSHP), Jan. 2011
CBR: Sept. 2011 (MNSSHP)
Art of Animation: Sept. 2012 (MNSSHP)
Old 08-16-2010, 09:04 AM   #1364
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

I LOVE POPCORN!!!!!!

It is a huge weakness (that and cheesecake )

Hey my kitchen is that hopping and popping everyday....

I have not seen a popcorn set there...but not sure if I have looked for one... it would be so cute.

Rest day...yeah! They are such a great idea and recharger for the rest of your trip....

I have eaten at EOS twice and plan to in Nov...just cause I heard they have an awesome special turkey sandwich just for the holidays...but I have heard great reviews for both places...

probably plan to eat outside at either place...they are right by each other...so deciding based on seating could be an easy way to decide!

the Marketplace is a great place to shop! WoD beware though you will be in there for quite awhile...do first or at the very end...it can get crazy crowded

sounds good on your time for arriving at EP for the Princess ADR....and not sure, but I think I read you saying something about buying your Photopass card

FYI you don't have to buy a card...all the photos are "free" till you purchase them and the "free" photos you'll get at say Norway w/ your dinner...they should give you a PP # that you can upload online too and order additional prints or add to your PP cd at home

Did you or do you know to pre-order the CD for some savings?

the trip is coming together...looks great!

J~
Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 PM   #1365
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
I have never had Disney popcorn either. I need to remedy that one of these days. We've eaten at both WOS and WPE and really like both. WPE is an awesome deal on the dining plan. The food is yummy. In fact it is better than some TS places. It's also very nice because you order and then they bring the food to your table. EOS has really great sandwiches so if you are a sandwich fan it is the one for you. It is pretty chaotic in there so for me WPE is a more relaxing meal. Either way you go I don't think you'll be disappointed.
Wow, I thought I was one of the few who have not had the popcorn!! (first timers do not count ) Good to know about both EOS and WPE. Who knows which we will end up (or if we do both, some at each). I guess only time will tell!
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: