Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2010, 10:52 PM   #16
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour
We wouldn't want to be left on a cliffhanger

After Jungle Cruise we jumped over to Tomorrowland. First I really wanted to see Captain EO because I hadn't ever before. It was just ok...very 80's. The seats bouncing to the beat was humorous. But I was really tired and I could have fallen asleep.

We then used our Space FP which gave me something similar to a sugar rush, so I was slightly awake, but still not completely alert. Next on the list was Sleeping Beauty's Castle Walkthrough, which I had not been through since right when it reopened.

I still don't know how they make the scenes look so realistically 3D. My camera wasn't cooperating very well, plus it was very crowded and people were rushing us through...

Since we were on the hunt for rides that we hadn't just ridden at WDW we hit up Toad next. It was a decent sized line but it did move. I haven't waited in line for this in a long time because I'm used to riding it first thing after Peter Pan/Dumbo/Matterhorn/Alice.

Our last thing before leaving to check-in was "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln". I had never been in here before so it was fun trying another new thing. We got there right as the show was starting so we didn't get to look at the exhibit until after. I liked the show because I like history and the audio-animatronic Lincoln was amazing!

The Capitol (not the White House, as another observing guest remarked.. )

After the show we looked around at the exhibits. My mom really appreciated the old tickets (A, B, C, etc.). I love looking at old concept art. Then we poked our head into the other Disney exhibit celebrating the 55th anniversary. We also observed a CM doing some amazing drawings! Anyway, we took a break, went back to Worldmark, checked in, and I was so tired that I took a long nap.
DLR29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 05:17 AM   #17
tinksdreamwishes
DIS Veteran

Location: Stockton,Ca- the second most miserable city in the US!

"When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."
~ Peter Pan
tinksdreamwishes is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #18
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Great pics from some unusual angles!

Hmmm, now I'm excited to stop in and see "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln." I enjoy history as well. I didn't know there were other non-Lincoln things there. LOL about the "White House" observation.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #19
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Great pics from some unusual angles!

Hmmm, now I'm excited to stop in and see "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln." I enjoy history as well. I didn't know there were other non-Lincoln things there. LOL about the "White House" observation.
I've taken so many pics at Disneyland that sometimes it's hard to take new pics, so I just have been taking different angles!

As for Lincoln, there's a little exhibit with some history stuff, but the main exhibit is about Disneyland's history. There's a bunch of cool pics and memorabilia in there.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:46 PM   #20
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

After our afternoon break (a nice hour+ nap), we returned and went on HM. Indy was down again so we couldn't use our FP again...Anyway, HM was a wonderful ride and very spooky!

Best attempt at a HM pic with this camera...

Then we checked again to see if Indy had reopened. Thankfully it had, but the line was short so our FPs were nearly useless. Oh well. For those who haven't been in a while Indy has gotten some effects touched up. Both eyes of the Mara were smoking and looked great! There was a new scrim after you go around the bubbling pit, and I've never seen the rat room look clearer! Great job Disney!

By now it was reaching 7:00 so we hopped over to DCA. Even though the ticket said return between 7:30 and 8:30, I knew that we had to be there earlier to get good spots. They were trying out a new strategy that night: separate everybody beforehand into color groups. So blue was on the left by the lighthouse pillar thing, yellow in the middle and red was on the right by the SF buildings. It was slightly confusing but they said that it was the first night of trying it out. Here is the crowd at around 7:30

Fortunately we had gotten there pretty early and were close to the front of the blue section

They let the preferred people go in first, then red, followed by yellow and finally us.

We got spots on a rail on the first tier (not the boardwalk). It was kinda across the way from Ariel's Grotto.

Our view

Since we were waiting for like 2 hours, I went and got us a teriyaki chicken bowl from the Lucky Dragon Fortune Cookery, which we shared. Then my mom sent me on a mission to go get popcorn. There were no popcorn stands pretty much anywhere nearby. I had to go to the opposite side of the Pier before I found a stand (by Mickey's Fun Wheel) Needless to say, I missed most of the pre-show with the amazingly cool puppets. I did get a couple of pics though. It was hard because they kept moving and it was crowded.

Show about to start

Then the show started and it was FABULOUS! It was so much fun! Pure Disney Magic! I can't believe how they synced the colors to the music to the water! It blew my mind! I loved every bit of it! DCA really has a gem on their hands. But I didn't take pics until after because I just wanted to take it all in. Here's my best one from after the show.

After the show we went over to get another TSMM ride in before heading off. Needless to say, the line was not any shorter than during the day. We ended up waiting like 45 min. But we saw some of the fireworks while in line which was good.

Then as we exited, we stopped by the bakery in the zephyr train to get breakfast items for the next day. I also stopped by Glow Fest to check it out. I liked all of the neon and pop music (although the Justin Bieber song was questionable ), but maybe that's because I'm still a teen young'n. It seemed like everyone there was having a blast! And if it's making $ for DCA and keeping people there at night then I'm definitely all for it!

Fun dance party!

So we headed out and went back to Worldmark.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:36 PM   #21
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

The next morning we got up relatively early. Today we just walked to the parks because we didn't want to pay for another ART pass since we were only going to be there for the morning. We got to DL and I got Indy FP and met my mom at Matterhorn. The FL side had a signficantly shorter line so we rode on that side!

Following that we went and rode Pinocchio which I hadn't ridden in a while because it's not at WDW. I like this ride and I also like how it rarely has a long line!

We trekked up to Toontown to try and ride Roger Rabbit but it was closed. I did get some Toontown pics though!

Old 08-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #22
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Thought I'd just finish this up. After no Roger Rabbit, we just walked back and checked out the line for Nemo. Fortunately, it was only about 20 min so we waited. I also grabbed Space FP just in case we made it over there again. We found Nemo!

Darla

At the exit I got this nice shot of the Matterhorn

Then we went over to Indy to use our FP....nope, still closed. So we rode BTMRR again. Then we took the Train from NOS to Toontown to try and ride Roger Rabbit again.

Unfortunately, this was the closest I got to Splash Mountain on this trip.

Elk?

Yay! Roger Rabbit was open! The sign said 5 min wait, but in fact it was 20-25. Oh well; it was still a fun ride!

One final picture of Roger rabbit

Since we wanted to get going on the road, we ended up giving away our Indy and Space FP to a nice couple. Judging by their accents, they were from England and they were very grateful. Anyway, that concludes this trip. And since I'll be living in So. Cal in less than a week (crazy), I will be visiting DLR so much! Thanks for reading!

Last edited by DLR29; 08-11-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #23
deejdigsdis
I <3 Aglets

Aw, thanks for another great report with lots of fun pics! I especially liked that photo of the bubbles in the sub window. I could almost hear that bubbly sound...and feel the cool air on my chin. (I used to always shove my face into the window as far as it would go when I was little...not so much anymore. ) Good luck with school and have fun with your many DL trips ahead.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2342117
deejdigsdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:24 PM   #24
DizNee Luver
Luver of all things Disney!

Looks like a fun trip with some great pics.....Wasn't the World of Color show amazing?!!! I wish we could have done it more than once on our trip...it was that good!!
Road Trip 2014HEREClub 33HEREWDW TRHEREOct PTRHERE 2013 Divas #3HERE2012 Holiday Trip HERE
WDW Dec 12 PTR~Cancelled: HERE 2011 Holiday Trip: HEREDivas, Take 2~2012: HEREDiva's TR~2011: HERE
10 of Us Summer Trip~2010: HERE 25th Anniv.TR~2009: HERE

DLR: 1967, 1972, 1984, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014 WDW: 2013

DizNee Luver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #25
DLR29
We're cheap college kids
It's all in how you tour

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejdigsdis View Post
Aw, thanks for another great report with lots of fun pics! I especially liked that photo of the bubbles in the sub window. I could almost hear that bubbly sound...and feel the cool air on my chin. (I used to always shove my face into the window as far as it would go when I was little...not so much anymore. ) Good luck with school and have fun with your many DL trips ahead.
Thanks deejdigsdis. I can always count on you to be reading! And I still shove my face into the window!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizNee Luver View Post
Looks like a fun trip with some great pics.....Wasn't the World of Color show amazing?!!! I wish we could have done it more than once on our trip...it was that good!!
Amazing is an understatement. I would have loved to have seen it from many different angles.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:00 AM   #26
SnowWhite09
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the trip report DLR29!
SnowWhite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:42 PM   #27
Eight
Mouseketeer

I'm glad to hear World of Color was amazing. The more good things I read, the more excited I get! Not really sure I understand the whole point of Glow Fest, but your pictures make it look fun and colorful, so I'll have to check that out anyway. Hope you have fun at USC! It's a great school, though WRIT140 is kind of awful.. But anyway, fight on!
Eight is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: