Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
Chilly
I was having a bit of a blonde moment
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Question Yosemite - Hotels

Where would suggest for 2 nights in Yosemite National Park for a mid price range?
Chilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
disneyfaninaz
It takes faith, trust & pixie dust!

We didn't stay IN Yosemite. We stayed outside the south entrance at Tenaya Lodge. It was a very nice hotel that had both rooms and cabins available. There are other motels in the area of Fish Camp. There is also a popular motel at the West entrance, in El Portal and Mariposa. Here is a website for different lodging around the park.

http://www.yosemite.com/tripplan/lodging.html

There are only a few options inside the park. Here is information about those:

http://www.nationalparkreservations....mite_lodge.htm

Hope this helps. Yosemite is an amazing place to visit!
disneyfaninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #3
ScooterL
DIS Veteran

If you're looking for a room with a bathroom, then Yosemite accommodations in the park are hard to get - they start accepting room reservations 366 days in advance, and usually there's nothing with a bathroom left by mid-day. If you're willing to rough it a bit, and go with a tent cabin or a hard-sided cabin without bath, then it's a lot easier, and less expensive, and those usually have availability right up until you arrive. You can always book something like that and then keep calling back (or looking on the internet) in case another room opens up for your dates.

Otherwise, as the PP stated, your best bet is outside the park, either in Fish Camp or El Portal - I think there are more choices (both in terms of quality and price) at El Portal - Fish Camp is more high-end.
ScooterL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #4
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Yosemite Lodge has a good location and is decent although older and might be what you are looking for. The Wawona is a charming older hotel but the bathroom is often shared. I don't find that to be a problem but some might. It's located outside of the valley but it's in a beautiful area. Curry Village is also another good location with a variety of accommodations. I have only stayed in the tent cabins there which may or may not be a little more rustic than you are looking for but perhaps the cabins with a bath would be another good option. None are going to win awards for accommodations but they are generally clean and will provide you a bed to sleep on right in the heart of the beautiful valley.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:56 AM   #5
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Thanks for the info, I didn't realise it would book up so early, I better have a look now as its for March next year and I would prefer a bathroom.
Old 08-03-2010, 10:30 AM   #6
Chilly
D'oh!
Married my prince at WDW

Think I might go for Yosemite Lodge - anyone stayed there?

Is it worth doing the all inclusive package?
Old 08-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #7
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chilly View Post
Think I might go for Yosemite Lodge - anyone stayed there?

Is it worth doing the all inclusive package?
We stayed there two years ago. Motel style, older but fine - kind of reminded me of lodging we had at summer camp. The room we had was one of the funky family rooms that had 3 beds all in the same large space - probably why I thought of the dormitories from camp! Location was awesome. The Valley floor tram tours left from there and with a walk across the street you were at the lower Yosemite Falls.

I've never done a package so can't help there.

I think you'll be fine booking for March. I've actually had a fair amount of success booking on short notice too.

KAT4DISNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
DSNY4ever
I am going to keep hunting around
I will cross my fingers for both of us

You could consider a cabin rental. We stayed once at one through The Redwoods In Yosemite. The cabin we stayed in was up near mariposa (near the Wawona hotel), and it was called the "Mini" it was a very small sweet little cabin and I think it was the cheapest rental they had.

Good luck!

Countdown over Can't wait to get another trip on the calendar!
DSNY4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #9
PrincessMaleficent
DIS Veteran

If you want to stay close to Yosemte and not pay crazy prices I suggest Bass Lake. They have a few places you can stay. It is a large lake you can fish and swim in as well. I few places to stay there are The Pines, Millers Landing and The Forks Resort. It really is beautiful there. They have filmed a few movies there off the top of my head The Great Outdoors and Meatballs 4.

HTH
PrincessMaleficent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
splash5
DIS Veteran

Cool

We stayed at Yosemite lodge last summer. The rooms don't have air conditioning, just a fan - summer was fairly miserable (for that reason). I would think it would be good for March. As a previous poster stated, right across the street is the lower falls and the view is gorgeous. The hotel was quaint, reminded me a little of the cabins at outdoor camp. I found it to be nice and there is a food court with lots of choices for meals.
splash5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: