Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 04:01 PM   #151
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Quote:
when everyone scattered and my carefully typed touring plan cards got thrown in the trash.
Sounds like mutiny. That doesn't happen to Desperado's, no reason to jump from a leisure ship, and if the kids misbehave you can say:

"WE WILL LEAVE THIS PARK RIGHT NOW AND NOT COME BACK IF YOU KEEP THIS UP."

You can always come back later when they promise to behave, and you didn't have to worry about ruining your schedule.

Good luck on your journey, you're welcome to stop and smell the roses with us.

DESPERADOS: Because laminated schedules have no place on a vacation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #152
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

The moderators have decided this thread would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move this there now.

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #153
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

Hey guys! The thread has been moved to another board (IDK what board it was even posted on from the get go!). SO in order to keep your signatures correct and updated.. replace the LGPMH url in your sig with this

Thanks!!!

ETA:NEVERMIND! The link is still the same at least for the moment.............

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
jaci-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #154
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

Desperado friends, help! I need some support

I took a nap and had a DISNEY TRAVEL NIGHTMARE this afternoon. I dreamt I forgot the plane tickets, dreamt I forgot to make resort reservations and was forced to spend all my money on the most expensive suite in the highest tower at the Contemporary.

I woke up so stressed out. LOL. I need a margarita. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #155
TLinden16
Scotty and Ray at Jellyrolls RULE!!! *poke* *poke*
Operating under the influence of Colin Farrell's eyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci-h View Post

Thanks!!!

ETA:NEVERMIND! The link is still the same at least for the moment.............
Hi Jaci-h and everyone else. The link will remain the same, it just on the theme parks community board instead of the main theme parks board.

Have fun

TLinden16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #156
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
Hi Jaci-h and everyone else. The link will remain the same, it just on the theme parks community board instead of the main theme parks board.

Have fun
Thanks for the heads up!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #157
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Quote:

I took a nap and had a DISNEY TRAVEL NIGHTMARE this afternoon. I dreamt I forgot the plane tickets
No problem. Most airlines e-ticket, Desperados calmly walk to the counter, hand over their ID and credit card and say "Find me, these travel pressures made me forget my printout."

Quote:
dreamt I forgot to make resort reservations and was forced to spend all my money on the most expensive suite in the highest tower at the Contemporary.
This happened to us once and we stayed at the most expensive room (well not the most) available at the Dolphin. It was friggin awesome! Spoiled every other hotel out there for us, so we were forced to move to Florida or always be miserable in subpar hotels. Then we found a nice hotel in Key West, so we live in fantasyland and play in the Conch Republic.

Quote:
I woke up so stressed out. LOL. I need a margarita. It's 5 o'clock somewhere, right?
Yes. I recommend mango margaritas in Florida. Alcohol and cigars just taste better in tropical weather. This is very Desperado.

You should re-schedule your flight for 2 hours from now.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #158
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Quote:

I took a nap and had a DISNEY TRAVEL NIGHTMARE this afternoon. I dreamt I forgot the plane tickets, dreamt I forgot to make resort reservations and was forced to spend all my money on the most expensive suite in the highest tower at the Contemporary.

Hey - if you're having margarita's it wasn't a nightmare then. Maybe it was just your brain tricking you into serving it a margarita.

It's just pre-trip jitters. You'll be good and having a blast in just a few days.

I'm kinda going to repeat what Pineapple Whip is saying - there's always a positive to something when you think its going wrong.

In fact I have a story where I had to stay at the Dolphin at the last min too ( we were going to stay in Tampa but the hotel was moldy), we became so spoiled by the Dolphin and we had an impromptu Disney visit. Talk about laid back planning - huh?

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #159
SarRoc1020
Mouseketeer

Recovering commando checking in!

Our last trip was our honeymoon, plus it was only DH's 2nd trip, so I admit to being very commando before we left. Once we were in WDW though, the trip became the bridge between my formerly commando self and my new desperado self. We had some great desperado days (partly due to the weather) and we're addicted now. We're foodies so we'll probably always have a handful of ADRs, but we're also looking forward to not even entering a park before 11am on our next trip, plus several non-park days.

2000 CBR ~ 2004 CBR ~ 2006 CBR/AKL ~ 2007 POR/DCL ~ 2009 AKL CL ~ 2011 ASMusic
SarRoc1020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 05:51 PM   #160
jaci-h

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Whip View Post
No problem. Most airlines e-ticket, Desperados calmly walk to the counter, hand over their ID and credit card and say "Find me, these travel pressures made me forget my printout."

This happened to us once and we stayed at the most expensive room (well not the most) available at the Dolphin. It was friggin awesome! Spoiled every other hotel out there for us, so we were forced to move to Florida or always be miserable in subpar hotels. Then we found a nice hotel in Key West, so we live in fantasyland and play in the Conch Republic.

Yes. I recommend mango margaritas in Florida. Alcohol and cigars just taste better in tropical weather. This is very Desperado.

You should re-schedule your flight for 2 hours from now.
Thanks for the cognitive reframe there! Needed a little breath of fresh air. No more dis before nap time.

Mmmmmmmmmm mango margaritas. I will be getting some form of alcohol at the Swolphin pool the moment we check in. I don't care if its only noon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
Hey - if you're having margarita's it wasn't a nightmare then. Maybe it was just your brain tricking you into serving it a margarita.

It's just pre-trip jitters. You'll be good and having a blast in just a few days.

I'm kinda going to repeat what Pineapple Whip is saying - there's always a positive to something when you think its going wrong.

In fact I have a story where I had to stay at the Dolphin at the last min too ( we were going to stay in Tampa but the hotel was moldy), we became so spoiled by the Dolphin and we had an impromptu Disney visit. Talk about laid back planning - huh?
Thanks for the Desperado support. IDK what happened, but that was a very un-desperado dream!!

Old 08-14-2010, 09:41 PM   #161
bellaDisneydncr
DIS Veteran

I am most definitely a desperado! We've toured so much that we now have no reason to rush to and from locations. I love just taking it all in. And we always manage to see our favorites, without planning like mad.

Stop by the Fantasyland Forest... I'll tell you some enchanting tales!
bellaDisneydncr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #162
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

I felt very DESPERADO today when I answered the question "What park will you be in that day?" with "I don't know."

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #163
jaci-h

Well desperado friends.... the time has come! We fly to Orlando tomorrow at 7am This honeymoon is well deserved, as I have been cleaning all afternoon/evening to the sounds of the music that plays at Cinderella Castle and DH will have been working for 12 hours when we leave our flight. I'm officially ready. I've got my clothes packed, sunscreen, moleskin, shoes, snacks, boarding passes, and Disney ticket vouchers. Isn't that all I need?

We may stop at walmart in the morning before we go to the airport to get some ponchos because I don't like being wet But you know, that plan could change

See you on the other side!

Old 08-14-2010, 10:47 PM   #164
TruBlu
I was very excited to see how yummy it looks!
You can do what we do and go to BOTH!
I could have been contender.... instead, I'm just itchy

Quote:
Well desperado friends.... the time has come! We fly to Orlando tomorrow at 7am This honeymoon is well deserved, as I have been cleaning all afternoon/evening to the sounds of the music that plays at Cinderella Castle and DH will have been working for 12 hours when we leave our flight. I'm officially ready. I've got my clothes packed, sunscreen, moleskin, shoes, snacks, boarding passes, and Disney ticket vouchers. Isn't that all I need?

We may stop at walmart in the morning before we go to the airport to get some ponchos because I don't like being wet But you know, that plan could change

I hope you have a magical trip!

"Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate." -Captain Jack Sparrow

TruBlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #165
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
I felt very DESPERADO today when I answered the question "What park will you be in that day?" with "I don't know."
Get a dart board, write the park names on it and throw a dart to see which one you'd like to do first.

Quote:

Have a safe flight and hope you have a wonderful honeymoon!!

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: