Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 AM   #1291
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Plans are looking good. And your trip is getting so much closer.

I would stop at a store BEFORE arriving at CSR. As well stocked as Panchitos is with items, they are not cheap like any other Disney store. Mark and I always stop for a case of water, six pack of pop (I have to have my caffine free diet pepsi--I don't drink coke), milke for Mark to take with his meds in the morning, some potato chips, etc., at the Hess Gas Station. It is so much cheaper than buying on property.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #1292
lexmas
DIS Veteran

Is there a reason you can't go off property to buy things if you really need them? If not, then I would bring stuff from home and then if you need something, go buy it. I feel like you are going to be itching to get to disney, and stopping would be hard!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2010, 01:34 PM   #1293
jenny105
DIS Veteran

Loving your countdown so far! That looks like a dinosaur on the CSR pool slide. Is that what it is? I couldn't tell. I don't know much about that resort but it looks beautiful! Especially the pool area, wow. And I love the room decor!

You're getting so close!

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
Old 08-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #1294
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

I would stop before you go to your hotel. I know there is a Publix not too far from WDW property (close to Sea World) and there are some Walgreens as well. Don't stop at Goodings (by DTD)!!! It's WAY expensive.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #1295
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Plans are looking good. And your trip is getting so much closer.

I would stop at a store BEFORE arriving at CSR. As well stocked as Panchitos is with items, they are not cheap like any other Disney store. Mark and I always stop for a case of water, six pack of pop (I have to have my caffine free diet pepsi--I don't drink coke), milke for Mark to take with his meds in the morning, some potato chips, etc., at the Hess Gas Station. It is so much cheaper than buying on property.
Thanks Kathy!! I think I will either pack the bulk of what we want to bring down (thinking cases of water and pop) or stop outside of Disney property. I rather not though.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-12-2010, 04:25 PM   #1296
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmas View Post
Is there a reason you can't go off property to buy things if you really need them? If not, then I would bring stuff from home and then if you need something, go buy it. I feel like you are going to be itching to get to disney, and stopping would be hard!
I know I am going to be let's keep going instead of shopping--being that close!! I am going to watch Labor Day sales and if the drinks go on then, I am going to pick them up then.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #1297
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
Loving your countdown so far! That looks like a dinosaur on the CSR pool slide. Is that what it is? I couldn't tell. I don't know much about that resort but it looks beautiful! Especially the pool area, wow. And I love the room decor!

You're getting so close!
I think it is tiki/totem type thing but I'm pretty sure it is not a dinosaur. I will check and let you know.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #1298
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
I would stop before you go to your hotel. I know there is a Publix not too far from WDW property (close to Sea World) and there are some Walgreens as well. Don't stop at Goodings (by DTD)!!! It's WAY expensive.
Thanks Meghan! I think I read the Goodings is really expensive because of the convenience. I will debate...it will be really hard to stop I just want to be at Disney!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM   #1299
KatMark
DIS Veteran

If it is just water and pop you'll be needing, the Hess Gas Station is pretty cheap and you'll pass one on the way in and it will only take you 5 minutes.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #1300
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Hard to believe but we are down to 28 days!!! That means I have another item to share on my list of things I am looking forward to experience while at Disney. Today’s is very simple, but oh so refreshing:

28. Mickey Ice Cream Bar, Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and Minnie’s Strawberry Fruit Bar

Curious to know how Mickey Ice Cream Bars are made? Here is a video showing you how Unwrapped Walt Disney World. About 5 minutes in, it discusses how Mickey Ice Cream Bars are made.

Here are some pictures:

The red bar is not an actual Minnie Strawberry bar, can you believe I could not find a single picture of one? I will be sure to have one and take a picture of it. The pictures are from Google Image search.

Something very simple, they just seem quintessential Disney treats! I have never had any of them!! I will have to fix that problem this trip. Though I have to say, I am not a big ice cream eater so I may just have to try a bite of someone's. Those strawberry bars look really good though!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-12-2010, 04:54 PM   #1301
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
If it is just water and pop you'll be needing, the Hess Gas Station is pretty cheap and you'll pass one on the way in and it will only take you 5 minutes.
Good to know Kathy! Thank you.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-12-2010, 05:01 PM   #1302
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Sunday, September 12th: This time next month takes will be our first full day at Disney!! This day was originally going to be DHS day but with the threats of F! crowds, I decided to adhere to TGM’s advice and switch parks for the day. Instead of being at DHS, we will be spending the morning at Epcot! This day is specifically reserved for Future World, though we could pop over to WS if we have time.

Breakdown of Day 2 at Disney

Park
Epcot, Future World

Food
ADRs: 1
Breakfast: at the hotel in our room or snack credit possibly
Lunch: Sunshine Seasons most likely
Dinner: Cape May Café Clam Bake, Beach Club

Goals for today
1. Soarin’
2. Test Track
3. Disney Visa Meet n Greet @ Innoventions West
4. Photopass pictures
I am only listing four goals because I think we will only be in FW for about four hours, from 9:00-1:00. We want to take midday breaks so I picture us leaving after lunch. What do you all think about this plan? Lilian is pretty sensitive to the heat, always has been, so I feel it is going to best to get out of park. If we are all holding up well, we may stay longer but I am not going to push it.

We will head back to the resort. At the resort, we will go for a swim to cool off and all take a nap. I may not nap, but work on schoolwork that needs to be done. :rolleyes

Evening plans:

Our dinner ADR is at Cape May Café Clam Bake. I am really looking forward to visiting Beach Club. I just love the way the resort looks and I want to get a chance to checkout Stormalong Bay. Our dinner is for 5:10, so I want to be at Beach Club by 4:50ish or so to find our way to the right location.

After filling our tummies, if we are up to it I like to go to DHS for F!. The show is at 8:00 p.m., which can be on the late side for Lilian at the moment. She is typically in bed by 9:00 but that is without a nap. Since I think she will want to nap (or should I say that I will want her to nap), she should be able to make it no problem. To get to DHS, I thought we could take the boat. Is this correct—can we ride the boat to DHS from Beach Club? If we are not feeling up to going to DHS, we can go back to resort to relax and swim. I’m really trying to leave our nights as flexible as possible but have ideas of options we could choose from if we decide we have the energy to do something else.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #1303
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Oh my, those treats do look yummy!!

I like the idea of mid-day breaks and have them scheduled in every day except one when we'll do a later start and then stay in for the evening. I also like the idea of flexible evenings with loose plans so you can decide what your up for.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #1304
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!

I have water delivered to the resort from Costco. I have not had to pay shipping each time I've done it. They deliver it to the front desk and we go and pick it up. That way, we didn't have to stop off property either.

One great thing about driving is that you can take stuff like that with you.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 08-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #1305
lexmas
DIS Veteran

DS has decided he wants that ice cream sandwich. I've never had any of them either, but they all look delicious!

I think it's smart to leave the evenings open. Always good to be flexible. Now if only I could do that myself!

Hoping to take a trip this year, but also contemplating buying DVC, which would involve skipping this year and using that money for the downpayment. We'll see where the year takes us.

Me- DH- DS (5)- DD (2.5)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: