Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2010, 07:05 PM   #1276
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

Awesome!!! Your trip is SO soon!!!!

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 08-10-2010, 07:14 PM   #1277
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

I love your countdown! I can't wait to see the rest of it.

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #1278
onescgirl
DIS Veteran

Just caught up reading your PTR! I love reading Sept PTR since that's when we're going too. We will be going when you're leaving.
1st of all - Lillian is sooooo cute!!!

I LOVE the Cinderella custom dress you have for BBB. I cannot wait to see the pictures of her wearing it at WDW! She will be so adorable!

And I thought we had a long drive with 9 hours!!!!

2012 PTR In Progress: 2012 PTR ~ Skipping Skool for Free Dining!
Trip Report: Sept 2010 TR ~ ♥ Vacay with the Lovebugs ♥ ~ 2010 PTR: 2010 PTR ~ 'The Non-Catchy Title PTR'

Old 08-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #1279
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

I forgot to mention earlier that we've done several long car trips with the kids as well as a looooong flight to Germany and they always do fine. I usually go to the dollar store and get a few fun activity books or travel toys/games as well as snacks and juiceboxes. We started early for the drives when the kids were small and it worked out great.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:05 PM   #1280
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

The second thing on my list of things I am looking forward to experience at Disney is…

29. Swimming

One of the things Lilian is most looking forward to when we go down to Disney is swimming. It truly reminds me that it is the simplest things that make some of the most special memories and excite my little girl!!

Coronado Springs Resort Pool
Coronado Springs Resort Slide

Another picture of the gorgeous pool, courtesy of Flickr:

Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we will get lots of swimming time in over the week. We will be taking a midday break everyday but one day I believe, at least that is what I am anticipating. During these breaks I hope we can swim and nap. Something simple, but it will be nice!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #1281
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
Awesome!!! Your trip is SO soon!!!!

Amanda
So is yours!!!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-11-2010, 05:11 PM   #1282
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
I love your countdown! I can't wait to see the rest of it.
Thanks Sophia!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #1283
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
Just caught up reading your PTR! I love reading Sept PTR since that's when we're going too. We will be going when you're leaving.
1st of all - Lillian is sooooo cute!!!

I LOVE the Cinderella custom dress you have for BBB. I cannot wait to see the pictures of her wearing it at WDW! She will be so adorable!

And I thought we had a long drive with 9 hours!!!!
Amy to my PTR! I will pop over to read your PTR, hopefully this evening.

Thank you! I think she is pretty cute The drive is long but we have had just as long as of drive to CO so I think we will be okay.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #1284
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
I forgot to mention earlier that we've done several long car trips with the kids as well as a looooong flight to Germany and they always do fine. I usually go to the dollar store and get a few fun activity books or travel toys/games as well as snacks and juiceboxes. We started early for the drives when the kids were small and it worked out great.
Thanks Hope! I think we will be good so I am thinking positive thoughts. I could use some pixiedust just in case though.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-11-2010, 05:21 PM   #1285
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

This time next month on Saturday, September 11th, we will wake up in our hotel in Valdosta/Lake Park, GA. I hope to wake up about 6:0 0 a.m. and get cleaned up. After I am done I will wake up DH to get cleaned up. I will get Lilian ready for her first day at Disney while he showers.

I hope to be on the road no later than 8:00 p.m. If we are success ixiedust: we will be to Disney about 11:30 or so. The big debate that still needs to be answered is if we are going to go to a grocery store on our way in to get any food items we might want to have during the week. Part of me thinks I will shop for what I can up here in Michigan (since we are driving) and the use the market at CSR to supplement what we need. What would you do if you were in my shoes? Stop on the way into Disney at a grocery store or bring from home? The one issue I could see is the food might get soft or melt if we bring things prone to melting (like poptarts). We could keep those types of foods in one bag and pull them out at my Dads and the hotel in GA. One more bag would not be horrible.

After hopefully seeing the wonderful sign, we will make our way to CSR!! I am so excited to check in and see our location. The big question will be rather our room is available would be fantastic. :cloud9 If our room is available, we will drop off our luggage. We will be meeting DGM, DGP, DBF and DBFH today. Their flights will be landing around 1:00 p.m. Depending on how our timing is going, they will have to meet us at the park or we will meet them at the resort if they do not feel like coming out and meeting us.

I hope to be at MK by 2:00 p.m. and originally the park was scheduled to close at 6:00 but it is saying 7:00. We should have about five hours in MK our first day!!

Breakdown of Day 1 at Disney

Park
Magic Kingdom!!

Food
ADRs: none for today
Breakfast: at the hotel
Lunch: either at the resort or at MK, depending on how our day is progressing
Dinner: up in the air, see discuss below
Goals for today

1. Meet Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen
2. Any FL rides we can accomplish before closing at 7:00 (NOJ begins at 7:30)
3. Ears purchased for Lilian (and possibly me )
4. Photopass card purchase and first pictures taken
I would add more goals, but I would like to keep it to one goal per hour we will be in the park. With being unsure of whether or not we will make it to the park by 2:00 I am hesitant to add a fifth goal.

So after a fun filled day at MK, we have our evening ahead of us. I have several thoughts running through my head regarding our first evening.

Ideas for Evening Plans
1. Go back to resort, eat dinner at the resort and swim. This option is appealing especially if we have not been able to check into our rooms yet.
2. Go to DTD for dinner and some light shopping. If still have energy and not too late, we can go back and swim.
3. Go to ESPN Club!! We love college football in my family so this is obviously during the early part of the season but we still like to watch it!! We could go and eat dinner (OOP) and watch some football. When Lilian gets antsy I can walk with her along the boardwalk-which I have NEVER seen. This option is very appealing because I would get a chance to see another part of Disney property.
So those are our plans. If we choose option one, than the guys could always wander down to the bar area to see if the games are playing. We could turn on one if the room (and probably will) when we are in providing we can get the right channels. What would you choose?

**Note** I will be posting general park touring plans after the “this time next month” postings are finished. I will be so appreciative of any and all comments and suggestions!!
September 2010 PTR

Last edited by Charlefours; 08-12-2010 at 04:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #1286
dismagiclover
Mrs. Darling: Mom to Wendy, John & Michael

First day at Disney is always so fun knowing you have your whole vacation ahead of you. I'd probably head back to the resort for dinner on this evening. It will allow you time to get settled and then you can just leisurely check out all the beautiful areas around the resort.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:30 PM   #1287
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

It's so exciting to think that this time next month you'll be at Disney!! :woohoo

I think bringing an extra bag for the stuff you're worried about melting is a good idea- it's been so hot lately that it's better safe than sorry!

As for your dinner plans, I'm tempted to say go back to the resort and relax. I know we'd need it after all that driving! HOWEVER if your going to miss out on doing something you may not have another chance to do then I'd consider squeezing it in. So, it depends. That's very helpful I know.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #1288
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismagiclover View Post
First day at Disney is always so fun knowing you have your whole vacation ahead of you. I'd probably head back to the resort for dinner on this evening. It will allow you time to get settled and then you can just leisurely check out all the beautiful areas around the resort.
Thanks Jenny!! I am really looking forward to exploring the resort. There is plenty of space for DD to burn off energy too. I have time put aside for DTD on Wednesday too, so it is not like it would be our only time to go.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #1289
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
It's so exciting to think that this time next month you'll be at Disney!! :woohoo

I think bringing an extra bag for the stuff you're worried about melting is a good idea- it's been so hot lately that it's better safe than sorry!

As for your dinner plans, I'm tempted to say go back to the resort and relax. I know we'd need it after all that driving! HOWEVER if your going to miss out on doing something you may not have another chance to do then I'd consider squeezing it in. So, it depends. That's very helpful I know.
It has been so hot here in Michigan this summer too. Though I have to say it has been good so DD will not be in such shock when we go to FL in September.

I'm so torn about the first evening, I honestly think I am going to have see how we are feeling than propose the best option. Swimming and down time may be good unless DD is wired and needs to burn energy off.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #1290
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all you sticking around and reading my PTR!! I sure hope you will stick to the end with me. There is light at the end of the tunnel!!
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: