Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #61
Spartangirl
DIS Veteran

Joining in! I love that you two met on the DIS and are doing your TR together! My DH and I were in WDW during part of the time that both of you were there too! Can't wait to read about your adventures!
Old 08-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #62
MickeyisBeast
Some people just don't understand what Mr. Tom Morrow meant to me
I think you need some ICE for that burn!
This is sooo Tinsel

I'm a few pages behind... but I'm here! I've got to catch up now

1999-Day Trip // 2000-Day Trip // 2002-Day Trip // 2006-Offsite // 2008-Contemporary // 2009-All Star // 2009-Polynesian // 2009-POR
// 2010-Coronado // 2010-Pop Century // 2010-Grand Floridian // 2011-CBR+Polynesian // 2012-Pop Century // 2012-Contemporary

Last edited by MickeyisBeast; 08-11-2010 at 04:29 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #63
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoktenox View Post
Hey girl, glad you're here!
Friend request me on FB again! I didn't know who you were by your whole name and kept denying you! lol
Haha ok, no problem!
Old 08-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #64
manntra
DIS Veteran

I'm in I love joint TR's and it's so great that you both met right here!!
Going back to read and catch up

Tracy
Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 PM   #65
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Joining in ladies! Going back to read!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:10 PM   #66
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Day 2: July 18, 2010

~tinkgurl's day 2: After a long day of driving the day before, we decided to sleep a little and woke up around 6:45. With a big group of us, it took us awhile to all get ready. We ended up leaving the hotel around 7:50. Of course, the Little Guy had to ride in our car again. haha. We drove for about an hour, and then stopped at a Cracker Barrel for breakfast. The Little Guy loves blueberry muffins and fruit, so I was happy to see they had an entrée with both of those together! The muffin came out and it was huge! The Little Guy thought he was so cool, haha.

After breakfast, we headed back on the road. We got into Georgia and I had to text Heather and tell her we were in her state! Then, I had to tell Kristen that we were in her time zone again. The whole rest of the trip consisted of the Little Guy asking “Are we in Georgia still?” And we’d reply “Yyyyyyessss, we’re still in Georgia.” haha.

Throughout the day, we watched Cars, G Force, and Princess and the Frog on the DVD player. One of the times we stopped for gas/restroom break, we grabbed some bags of trail mixes that had dried fruit in them. The Little Guy loved them! We were nervous about the traffic in Atlanta, but it wasn’t bad at all! Instead of going the bypass, we even stayed on the road that went through Atlanta. It was neat to see where the Braves play.

Once we got into Florida, the Little Guy kept asking “Are we there yet?!” I think by that time, we were all going stir crazy from being in the car that long. Once we got to the hotel, we were so relieved to be done driving for the day. Luckily, this time we were put in rooms right across the hall from each other. After we got our stuff in the rooms, we took our surprise over to their room. We had shirts made with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Goofy, and Donald on it. It said ‘Walt Disney World’ across the top and across the bottom said ‘(Grandma and Grandpa’s last name) Family Vacation 2010’. This was Grandma and Grandpa’s trip. They wanted to be there for the Little Guy’s first time and were treating us all. We had them all close their eyes and handed each of them their shirts. They loved them! We announced that we would be wearing them the next day when we get to WDW, so when we get to the MK, we can get a photopass pic on Main Street.

After giving them their surprise, we all got ready and headed down to the pool. We decided instead of going out to eat, we would just have pizza delivered. Mom and I went up to the front desk and started talking to a really nice lady who was working. She recommended her favorite place, so we had to try it. Here’s a pic of us trying to figure out what kind of pizza everyone wanted:

As you can see, the parking lot was right on the other side of the fence. This was nice because then we could just watch for the delivery guy to pull up. There were some nice tables underneath an awning with ceiling fans right outside the lobby doors, so we were able to get everyone a table and chairs to eat. The pizza and cheese sticks were amazing!

With food in our bellies, we were getting really tired. Of course, the Little Guy wanted to stay and swim some more. But, I told him that the faster we get to sleep, then the faster morning will come and that means we’ll be getting to WDW!!! He still didn’t want to go to bed, but he went after he found out none of us were staying at the pool either. haha. So, we all said goodnight and made plans to meet downstairs in the lobby in the morning for breakfast since it was included.

Once in our room, I read some info out of my ‘Hidden Secrets of WDW’ book to anyone who was out in the living room with me. After everyone was ready for bed, we said goodnight. Of course, everyone knew that I wouldn’t be sleeping that much. HA!

~Kristen's day 2: Our day 2 is really short, considering we didn’t even leave for WDW yet lol Chris worked all day. I went to the gym in the morning, showered then headed to the nail salon with my friend. I got a gel manicure which is where they put a layer of gel over your real nails and it lasts much longer than a regular manicure. I also got a pedicure, gotta have nice toes for WDW! However, this process for my friend and I took THREE HOURS!! The place was soooo busy and the people were soooo slow. Good thing we didn’t have anything else to do that day. When I got home I finally started packing. I got about ¾ of my packing done. When Chris got home from work, I headed over to his house and we finished up his packing. We were each able to check 2 bags for free with Southwest (one of the reasons I love them so much) so Chris’ second bag was full with 28 water bottles haha Anyway, that’s the end of our day two! Sorry so boring!!
Old 08-10-2010, 06:36 PM   #67
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Great update! Isn't it great how excited little ones are on a big trip (ok...I get the same way). What a great surprise you made for everyone in your family. I can't wait to see the pic!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #68
*dreamit*doit*
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to see the shirts! That was such a nice thing to do. Your grandparents I'm sure were just as excited as the rest of you to be with their kids and grandkids all together heading to the happiest of places!

Pizza and the pool! Sounds like a great night!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #69
mickeysmyboy

DIS Veteran

Great update! Sounds like you guys had a pretty good drive!

Kristen I love that you put 28 bottles of water in the 2nd bag!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #70
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

I remember getting that text from Tink telling me she was in Georgia! I almost decided right then and there that I would text her back and tell her I would be waiting at the interstate with my bags for her to pick me up!!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #71
Cat0727
I am used to crowds and yielding to others all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I remember getting that text from Tink telling me she was in Georgia! I almost decided right then and there that I would text her back and tell her I would be waiting at the interstate with my bags for her to pick me up!!
Heather, you are too funny!

Aw, Little Guy sounds so excited! What a cute present you gave your Grandma and Grandpa. Can't wait to see pics of them wearing the shirts!
Old 08-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #72
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Great updates ladies! I can't wait to see a pic of everyone in their shirts Tink!
Old 08-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #73
Raecheal
DIS Veteran

Great Update ladies!
Old 08-11-2010, 12:05 AM   #74
tinkgurl
Life is what happens in between trips to WDW
Those "flying cookies" flying through space can be seen
I'm hoping that the little guy likes them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Great update! Isn't it great how excited little ones are on a big trip (ok...I get the same way). What a great surprise you made for everyone in your family. I can't wait to see the pic!
It was so cute seeing him all excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *dreamit*doit* View Post
Can't wait to see the shirts! That was such a nice thing to do. Your grandparents I'm sure were just as excited as the rest of you to be with their kids and grandkids all together heading to the happiest of places!

Pizza and the pool! Sounds like a great night!
I'm still trying to decide if I want to show any pics of the shirts...I have been very careful on here with not giving out my name or where we live..so I'm still up in the air about it.

They were so excited as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysmyboy View Post
Great update! Sounds like you guys had a pretty good drive!
It went alright!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
I would've cracked up if I saw you do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat0727 View Post
Aw, Little Guy sounds so excited! What a cute present you gave your Grandma and Grandpa. Can't wait to see pics of them wearing the shirts!
He was SO ready!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
Great updates ladies! I can't wait to see a pic of everyone in their shirts Tink!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Great Update ladies!
Thanks!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:04 AM   #75
jenniferkeala808
DIS Veteran

awww so cute the little guy! LOL!! i can't wait to see the pic of all of you with your shirts on! So cute!! Can't wait for next update!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: