Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Disney Collectors Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 11:04 PM   #61
rotary2808
DIS Veteran
 
rotary2808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniBB View Post
I've gotten several vinylmation PINS on Ebay and am hoping that the CMs in the parks have some to trade when I am there in August with my family!! Is anyone seeing these pins "on" the CMs?
I think the only place that is doing Vinlymation pin trading is at D-Street in DTD West Side. You might luck up and see them on other lanyards, but the CM's lanyards in D-Street are supposed to be strictly Vinylmation pins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniBB View Post
Does anyone know where there is a list/photos of ALL the vinylmation PINS that are out??
I think you can also try searching the Official Pin Trading site as well.
__________________
Emily

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #62
kid@heart2
Never too old to dream...
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Posts: 110

Muppets..

I just came back from WDW last week and am hooked already!! we bought some from all series but I must say I was reallllly looking for muppets and in particular "beaker" well I randomly selected out of the whole box and was lucky enough to find him. (along with the little rat..can't remember his name)

Hopefully Disney will have this collection around next year when we go back!!
__________________
DH, DW, DS (14) , DS (10)

April 2008 - Pop Century
May 2009 - Second Trip to WDW- Pop Century,
April 2010 - Third Trip - Pop Century (with ds's friend)
April 29 2011- We're back again with family and friends

AND...certainly not the last......
kid@heart2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-05-2010, 05:26 PM   #63
rotary2808
DIS Veteran
 
rotary2808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,814

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid@heart2 View Post
I just came back from WDW last week and am hooked already!! we bought some from all series but I must say I was reallllly looking for muppets and in particular "beaker" well I randomly selected out of the whole box and was lucky enough to find him. (along with the little rat..can't remember his name)

Hopefully Disney will have this collection around next year when we go back!!
You don't have to worry about Vinylmation not being around next year. They've got several series planned out that will easily take them through the rest of this year and well into next year.

Now, will I be able to keep up is another question.
__________________
Emily

rotary2808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #64
JAM61
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Northern NJ
Posts: 52

Wink Look! Up in the sky...

It's El Super Raton
along with Animation, America Sings and sealed Tins Candy Corn & Epcot F&G

They are looking to be traded for specials, Tins, 9", 55 Kermit ...

so they can fight for your right to display them in your home!
JAM61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:18 PM   #65
penguin77
I AM the Pretty, Pretty VMK Princess
Pretty in Purple
Willing to trade ALL for a Princess Dress!
 
penguin77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Central IL
Posts: 149

kermit 55th for trade

looking for offers. really would be interesed in park #1, cinderella, d23, castaway
__________________




5/02 5/05 12/05 2/06 5/06 12/06 5/07 9/07 5/08 9/08 12/08 2/09 5/09 9/09 12/09 5/10
penguin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:16 PM   #66
where's_my_prince
DIS Veteran
 
where's_my_prince's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 45 min from happiest place on earth!
Posts: 727

i got my first chaser!!!

i felt so happy, its from the park series #4, the colonel!!


i havent gotten a single cutester yet, everytime ive gone to disneyland they were sold out, but that is the series i want the most
__________________
Jasmine






where's_my_prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:00 PM   #67
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran
 
utkscvol1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 944

So my husband bought me a few of these last year out of the holiday series when we were in wdw. I love them and so do my kids. I love the pins as well. Looking forward to getting more this year. I had no clue that they traded these! Is this something that is still done and if so where in wdw? Lord, one more thing to track down and trade.
__________________
utkscvol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:37 PM   #68
flyinglizard
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Clermont, Florida
Posts: 1,425

WARNING!

Recently I sent $34.00 for a Castaway Cay VM to someone here on the boards via USPS Money Order. They didn't accept PayPal because they didn't have an account... yeah right!

Long story short... I'm now out $40.00, no Vinyl, the seller stopped answering my emails, the USPS won't do anything further...

Use PayPal or nothing!

and no, I don't work for PayPal, I don't even like them, but that's the only way I'll go from here on out!

If you want more details, names, addresses etc, send me a private email!
flyinglizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #69
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer
 
That'sNotVeryMagical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by utkscvol1 View Post
So my husband bought me a few of these last year out of the holiday series when we were in wdw. I love them and so do my kids. I love the pins as well. Looking forward to getting more this year. I had no clue that they traded these! Is this something that is still done and if so where in wdw? Lord, one more thing to track down and trade.
It seems that almost anywhere that is selling them in the parks (and Downtown Disney) will also be trading them. There are 2 options for trading: a mystery box of like 20 or 24, and a clear box with 3 in it. I saw more of the open (clear box) trading options than the mystery box; at some locations mystery trading may only be available at certain times. If the store is selling Vinyls, look on or near every counter, and you're likely to see the trading options!

The open box trading is awesome though; we just got back and I only wish I'd brought more to trade! I'm a "I want specific ones" person, so it was great to see one in the case I wanted and get it right then! Here are places I saw traders for sure or traded myself:
Resorts:
Pop Century gift store
Fantasia (gift store) in the Contemporary
Boutiki (upstairs gift store?) in the Polynesian

Hollywood Studios:
Villains in Vogue
The large shop of Disney stuff (duh!) when you first enter Hollywood Studios, it's on the left. Don't know the name.
Tower of Terror gift shop

Magic Kingdom:
Space Mountain gift shop
Main Street Emporium
Art of Disney

EPCOT:
Art of Disney

Animal Kingdom:
Expedition Everest gift shop

Downtown Disney:
Art of Disney
D-Street
The "Collectibles and Jewelry" room at World of Disney
Once Upon A Toy

These are the only ones I can remember, off the top of my head, that I saw in person a couple of weeks ago. Like I said though, it seems like if they're selling Vinyls, they're also likely to be trading them, so just look around!

The one place I was surprised to see they weren't trading (unless I missed it) was MouseGear. However, seeing as that place is always really crowded and seems to be more compact than the Emporium, I can see why they don't.
__________________
Katy

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #70
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

You can find them at all the parks on cm lanyards..I do it all the time.
There was a woman...once..trading only vinyls at the store..but...I only saw her once..out of 20 times.
you have to have a vinyl to trade one with her.
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:59 PM   #71
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo
 
onnawufei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 491

I'm not really into the Vinylmation thing (I'm trying to resist but I have a feeling I'll be sucked in because I love cute things and blind boxes) so I apologize if this is a really dumb question. If there is a pin of a Vinylmation, does that mean there's a figure of it? I saw a pin on ebay that was called a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea pin with a big red squid on it. I can't find anything on the actual figure though! Now I'm wondering if it even exists.
__________________
Married at SoG Halloween 2008
Honeymooned at AKL November 2008
Vacationed at POFQ December 2009
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:47 PM   #72
brooklynnbaby
Mouseketeer
 
brooklynnbaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 153

Subbing
__________________
The whole crew is going!
DH, Moi, DD10.5, DD8, DD7, DD2.5, DD6mo.
Back to PO, but this time FQ... older three DDs are performing in Downtown Disney! January 16-21, 2014
POR for MVMCP and Wishes Dessert Party, November 23-December 4, 2011
brooklynnbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #73
That'sNotVeryMagical
Mouseketeer
 
That'sNotVeryMagical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Albany, IN
Posts: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by onnawufei View Post
I'm not really into the Vinylmation thing (I'm trying to resist but I have a feeling I'll be sucked in because I love cute things and blind boxes) so I apologize if this is a really dumb question. If there is a pin of a Vinylmation, does that mean there's a figure of it? I saw a pin on ebay that was called a 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea pin with a big red squid on it. I can't find anything on the actual figure though! Now I'm wondering if it even exists.
It means there either is a figure, or there will be soon. Sometimes, the pins get ahead of the figures, so the figure may not be available yet, but it will be soon. Right now there are pins out for Park Series 5, and those figures haven't been released yet.

This fan website: http://www.vinylnation.net/upcoming.html has a ton of information and photos on current and upcoming Vinylmation figures. They've got the squid listed for the set Urban 5, which indicates it may not be linked to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

The only exception I know of where there is a pin and not a figure is that there is a pin of the pink monorail figure, but not a figure. I think that pin was released before the figures (Park 3), and before the monorail accident. After the accident the pink monorail was removed from service, so the color on the actual figure was changed to blue.
__________________
Katy

√WDW √TDR √HKDR √DLR DLRP
That'sNotVeryMagical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 PM   #74
debranator
earless
 
debranator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: winter garden florida
Posts: 447

Thank you..that was a great link...does anyone know about the pin trading convention at the radisson that popped up on your link?
http://internationalpinexpo.com/
debranator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:58 AM   #75
onnawufei
The Girl With the Ninja Turtle Tattoo
 
onnawufei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Summerville, SC
Posts: 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by That'sNotVeryMagical View Post
It means there either is a figure, or there will be soon. Sometimes, the pins get ahead of the figures, so the figure may not be available yet, but it will be soon. Right now there are pins out for Park Series 5, and those figures haven't been released yet.

This fan website: http://www.vinylnation.net/upcoming.html has a ton of information and photos on current and upcoming Vinylmation figures. They've got the squid listed for the set Urban 5, which indicates it may not be linked to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

The only exception I know of where there is a pin and not a figure is that there is a pin of the pink monorail figure, but not a figure. I think that pin was released before the figures (Park 3), and before the monorail accident. After the accident the pink monorail was removed from service, so the color on the actual figure was changed to blue.
Thank you so much! It never occurred to me that it might not actually be linked to 20,000 Leagues! That's exactly the one I was thinking of too.
__________________
Married at SoG Halloween 2008
Honeymooned at AKL November 2008
Vacationed at POFQ December 2009
Vacationed at POFQ October 2010
Vacationed at POFQ December 2011
Vacationed at POR October 2012
Vacationing at POR October 2013

I have a camera, and I know how to use it! ... Usually.

My WDW Flickr Collection
onnawufei is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vinylmation? pixiewings71 Disney Collectors Board 6 01-05-2010 09:28 PM
Vinylmation JustAKid Disneyland (California) 11 10-24-2009 07:35 PM
Vinylmation JAM61 Disney Collectors Board 0 10-17-2009 11:33 PM
Vinylmation stacythatgirl Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 40 07-13-2009 05:55 PM
Vinylmation? Orlando313 Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies 1 04-20-2009 03:23 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: