Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 AM   #16
dgbg100106

It is pretty unique... Just like me
Mommy, please make the mean witch stop talking to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonet View Post
Hi Brandi - today I noticed your link to this PTR
Your trip sounds GREAT. I can tell from your plans that it's going to be a fun time
I hope you'll get your room situation worked out. Are you saying that you have a 1-bedroom CL in Jambo + 1 night in AKL std room + the rest of your stay in a 1-bedroom CL in Jambo? Even if you DO have to move twice, and stay in 3 different rooms/villas, at least you are not moving out of the building PLUS you will have the CL lounge which makes a BIG difference during split stays in general.
You are a newlywed! Hadn't caught that until now. Very sweet

I look forward to reading more. How is your husband's foot/feet doing?? That sounds so scary about his toes Poor guy!
Thanks for stopping by.... I have not been very good about posting here, so maybe I will get better as time is getting closer.

As for the room I checked again yesterday for maybe the 100th time and we are still waitlisted for the middle day, so right now we are CL Jambo House for the first two nights, standard room at Jambo House for the 1 night and then back to CL Jambo House for the last two night.

So 4 out of 5 is not too bad, but I really hate packing and unpacking my room, I wished we could just stay put for the whole trip. Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes in.

But I will try and look at on the bright side that you pointed out, at least I get to see 3 different rooms.....

This is the second marriage for both of us, but yes we will be celebrating 4 years together at WDW....

DH's feet are doing better, since he is learning all over again how to walk correctly, there is a lot of pain and soreness in the Physical Therapy and he complains about it but he is doing much better. He really did very well through the whole thing...

Thanks again for stopping by...

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
dgbg100106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:46 AM   #17
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Glad to hear your hubby is doing well. That's very tough.

Your room situation will be fine - it will be neat to check out different rooms, should you not get that middle night added. Maybe pack in a way that makes the transitions a bit easier (this is what I try and do when we do split stays, which we do often.)

You ARE going to Jiko, right? I recommend sitting at the Cooking Place (the bar in the center of the restaurant) sometime. Very different experience in that you face the chefs who are prepping the first courses and can chat with them and learn a lot

I'm dying to be at AKL right now
johnsonet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 09:29 AM   #18
dgbg100106

Quote:
Glad to hear your hubby is doing well. That's very tough.

Your room situation will be fine - it will be neat to check out different rooms, should you not get that middle night added. Maybe pack in a way that makes the transitions a bit easier (this is what I try and do when we do split stays, which we do often.)

You ARE going to Jiko, right? I recommend sitting at the Cooking Place (the bar in the center of the restaurant) sometime. Very different experience in that you face the chefs who are prepping the first courses and can chat with them and learn a lot

I'm dying to be at AKL right now
Packing options might be the trick, since we are leaving for the cruise right from the resort, it might make that part easier also. With doing laundry and packing up.... Thanks for the idea.

I know this is going to sound bad, but we have not made any ADRs.....

Last year was our first year at Food and Wine Festival, and we ate so much at the different countries around the world that we hardly ate dinner.

I hate to make a reservation and then not go or be so full that we don't enjoy it.

We took the tour last year of both restaurants there in Jambo house and they were amazing and beautiful and everyone was so wonderful.

Maybe we could go for appetizers one night and a cocktail.

73 Cont, 74 Poly, 91 Swan, 02 CBR, 05 BWV, 09 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 10 Jambo House AKL (F&WF), 11 BWV, 11 BCV (F&WF)

2013 Cruising adventures
3rd times a Charm, F&WF2011 Celebrating Graduations at the world2010 F&WF, AKV with Sunrise Safari and 7 nights on Cruise
Old 08-09-2010, 09:57 AM   #19
dgbg100106

Thanks to johnsonet I just found out that I can email the CL people and ask for help in planning my trip. It amazes me sometime how little I have know before and spent so much time there at WDW.

Anyway, I explained my one night not in CL and hopefully they can help.

I also asked them to get us a dinner reservation at Jiko in the Cooking Place for a special dinner for the two of us.

I am looking forward to this trip more than any other since I started being a part of this amazing community on the boards. Everyone keeps the dream alive and makes it so special.

Thank you all.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #20
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbg100106 View Post
...I also asked them to get us a dinner reservation at Jiko in the Cooking Place for a special dinner for the two of us.

You're gonna love it I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #21
dgbg100106

Quote:

You're gonna love it I can't wait to hear all about your trip!
Thank you so much for all of your help!

It is making the trip better by the minute!

I am so excited about the trip. Thanks again!

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #22
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you so much for all of your help!

It is making the trip better by the minute!

I am so excited about the trip. Thanks again!
You are SO welcome. I hate that you didn't know about the IPO services before now?? Call and add your email address to your name/reservation so that you will be contacted next time. Perhaps you can even set this up on-line?

Guess what? I'm hoping to be there in October as well. If our dates coincide and you have some free time, maybe we can meet
Old 08-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #23
dgbg100106

Quote:
You are SO welcome. I hate that you didn't know about the IPO services before now?? Call and add your email address to your name/reservation so that you will be contacted next time. Perhaps you can even set this up on-line?

Guess what? I'm hoping to be there in October as well. If our dates coincide and you have some free time, maybe we can meet
Oh that would be great, we are just planning on taking it easy at the F&WF, so I am sure we will have some free time... Please just let me know.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #24
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh that would be great, we are just planning on taking it easy at the F&WF, so I am sure we will have some free time... Please just let me know.
I will!
Old 08-10-2010, 07:32 AM   #25
dgbg100106

63 days and counting till our next trip to AKL.....

So I got a wonderful email from Don last night telling me that there is really nothing that can be done about my reservation from his side of the house and that he hopes it gets fixed prior to our arrival.

I was pretty bummed about the room changes while I was there but I am trying to be positive about the whole thing so at least we are going to be in AKL for 6 and 5 nights....

He was able to get my reservation for Jiko while we are there and just like Johnsonet told me, all I have to do is request the Cooking Place when I get there.

I made the ressie for the middle of our stay, before my SIL and BIL arrive so it can be just my DH and I.

We have also decided to go ahead and pick up the TiW card. We will be there 3 times this year together and I might have 2 conferences for work in the Orlando area before the end of the year!

If I go for a conference I might have to use the APs and the TiW just cause I can.... It will be weird without my DH there but I think I can do it....

Thanks again for everyone's help...

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-10-2010, 07:43 AM   #26
dgbg100106

Update on DH's Feet

Well the day has come to get an official release from the Dr.

David's surgeon has official released him from his care, he only has to come back if there is a problem. So far everything seems to be going well, but he is very sore.

It seems that he was walking on the sides of his feet or the outside of his feet for so long, to keep from hurting that the muscles atrophied on him. Since he has been walking again correctly it is pretty painful to use those muscles again that have been dormant for so long.

Everyday he is getting better and I hope that he will be ready for EPCOT, or I will be pushing him around in a wheelchair.... because I am NOT missing a day there.... That or I could fill him up on wine and he will not hurt near as bad

But all in all a very good outcome and so glad that we got it done and over with.

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #27
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Sorry IPO can't help with the room reservation but, as you said, you gotta stay positive It's going to be a lot of fun no matter HOW many rooms you "have" to stay in

I hope you'll love Jiko - I know you will. And I'm glad you're going w/ just your DH. That's what's most fun about sitting at The Cooking Place. It's also great for those dining solo

I hope your DH bounces back now that he knows he can't walk on the outsides of his feet. Poor guy, I can certainly understand that. Hopefully the pain of walking "properly" will ease as he gets stronger.

YAY on your TiW card You won't regret it.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:23 PM   #28
John's Mom
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
AKL Lover

Hi Brandi!

Johnsonet mentioned that you were doing a PTR so I thought I would join in. AKL is our favorite WDW resort.

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Kathy

John's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:29 PM   #29
dgbg100106

Quote:
Originally Posted by John's Mom View Post
Hi Brandi!

Johnsonet mentioned that you were doing a PTR so I thought I would join in. AKL is our favorite WDW resort.

Can't wait to read more about your trip!

Kathy
Thanks Kathy for stopping by. I have only stayed at AKL once and I LOVED it but I am finding out something new everyday.

Please comment or post any ideas you might have. They are always helpful.

Brandi

2013 Cruising adventures
Old 08-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #30
dgbg100106

I missed you all this weekend, was extremely busy with all kinds of things....

First David and I took his daughter into DC with us on Friday for half a day of work and then half a day of the National Portrait Gallery... I went to see Elvis.... My all time fav, there was an Exhibit, but of course most of the places, you could not take Photos, So I am limited on these...

David and I being silly on the train....

Here is Elvis ....

Here is the Gallery...

This is a horse made of Bronze but made to look like drift wood.

More of the Gallery

2013 Cruising adventures

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: