Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 09:30 PM   #1216
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

35 days????? That's almost just a month!

Let's see---What things am I not sad about missing at Disney?

MK---Stitch's Escape, Astro Orbiters, Hall of Presidents

EP---Universe of Energy, Honey I Shrunk the Audience

DHS---Lights!Motors!Action!, Backlot Tour

AK---Conservation Station ( I haven't been over there since 2001!)

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #1217
-Hope-
DIS Veteran

Well, I've only had that short day a long time ago so I'm practically a first timer which makes your questions difficult for me sometimes. Not this time though- one thing I will NEVER do and will NOT be sad about is Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I have a serious rodent phobia and the thought of it freaks me out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #1218
MaryAz
DIS Veteran

Great updates! You are getting close. Love all the organization tools. I agree with Leanne on the parade watching spots since I use hers As for if I missed it it would not ruin my day
Never seen Stitch-don't want to
ditto with Honey I shrunk and Bugs
Ellen's Universe-unless I am napping-parts scared the girls

I will say we enjoyed the Conservation Station Saw Pocahantus and the cool vet area.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #1219
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyEeyore View Post
35 days?!? How exciting!!!

Let's see, what would I NOT miss if we skipped it? Hmmm... that's a hard one. I'm going to just concentrate on MK since that's the only place we're going this trip (I swear I'm going to get Aaron to let me make a week long trip sometime soon!). I can really only think of one off the top of my head... Stitch's Great Escape. I've never been on it but I haven't really heard of anyone liking it so I'm not too concerned about making time for it! Maybe one day, just to say I tried it, but probably not this trip.
It is so amazing how quickly this trip is coming up!! It does not seem that we have been talking and planning about it for this long already.

Stitch is a definite no for us too! Well, if others want to go on it fine, but Lilian and I will not be. We will go do something else.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #1220
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny105 View Post
35 days??? Wow! Time is flying!

Skipped/missed ride that I'm not sad about? Definitely agree with the above poster, Stitch's Great Escape. I went on it once, never again! I'm also not a fan of Mission Space or Honey I Shrunk the Audience so I won't lose sleep if I miss out on those either!
I know!! Your trip is coming up very quickly as well!!

Stitch is a definite no for myself and Lilian. I don't want to traumatize her!!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #1221
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyMcQueen View Post
Congrats on 35 Days!!! Looking forward to seeing your 30 Day Countdown too!

Summer sure is flying by here too! Really can't believe it is August already - kids to back to school 2 days after we get back from Disney! Cut it a little close but oh well, that's just the way it worked out!

Congrats also on finishing up your summer classes! Too bad you only have a week or so break - hope you enjoy it though!

Karen
Hey Karen! I hope to get by your PTR today. I am slowly working on getting caught up on my threads. Your trip will be here so soon!! Two Weeks!!

Summer has flown by for us too. Lilian will actually miss four days of preschool while we are gone but we knew this will probably be the only year we will travel for her birthday while she is in school.

Thanks! Classes ended well (hopefully, still waiting on grades).
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #1222
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlwilliams9 View Post
Yay! 35 days! Holy cow!!

Rides I wouldn't miss if skipped:
MK: Stitch-lame since it became Stitch!
EP: Honey I Shrunk the Audience-saw it once, never need to see it again!
DHS: American Idol-Hate the show, can't imagine the attraction to be any better!
AK: Conservation Station-The train broke down once and we were stranded there for hours and missed an ADR at Yak & Yeti!
It is insane!!!

I'm not planning HISTA either and I am not sure if we would make it to Captain EO either. Not planning AI either. Conservation station is most likely off the list for this trip too.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 AM   #1223
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
35 days????? That's almost just a month!

Let's see---What things am I not sad about missing at Disney?

MK---Stitch's Escape, Astro Orbiters, Hall of Presidents

EP---Universe of Energy, Honey I Shrunk the Audience

DHS---Lights!Motors!Action!, Backlot Tour

AK---Conservation Station ( I haven't been over there since 2001!)
Hi Michelle! Thanks for answering! I want to see HoP. We are history lovers and have not seen the changes.

Not sure about Universe of Energy, HISTA I don't even think will be up and running, which I am not sad about.

LMA I am not sure if the guys want to go see it but I am not planning. Other priorities with Lilian.

Conservation Station is probably off our list too. At least I am not planning it.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #1224
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hope- View Post
Well, I've only had that short day a long time ago so I'm practically a first timer which makes your questions difficult for me sometimes. Not this time though- one thing I will NEVER do and will NOT be sad about is Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I have a serious rodent phobia and the thought of it freaks me out.
I feel the same way Hope, though it is more of an issue with snakes with me. I am not planning it either.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-06-2010, 09:39 AM   #1225
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryAz View Post
Great updates! You are getting close. Love all the organization tools. I agree with Leanne on the parade watching spots since I use hers As for if I missed it it would not ruin my day
Never seen Stitch-don't want to
ditto with Honey I shrunk and Bugs
Ellen's Universe-unless I am napping-parts scared the girls

I will say we enjoyed the Conservation Station Saw Pocahantus and the cool vet area.
Hey Mary!

Thank you. I need to update my chart with the hours since MK has had additional hours added to it. Good to know you like Leanne's viewing spots too.

Stitch, HISTA and Bugs are off our list too. Universe and Conservation are very slight maybes at this point.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #1226
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I don't mind missing (and will skip if I'm allowed to get away with it):

MK -- Stitch and Laugh Comedy and Carrousel of Progress
Epcot -- Mission Space (will NOT do)
Studios -- Sounds Dangerous, Lights Motor Action
AK -- I can't really think of anything, but we've never done any of the shows there (hope to change that this year)
Old 08-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #1227
OhioDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

For me its:

MK -- Space Mountain
Epcot -- Mission Space - no flippin' way .. not even the non-spinny side
Studios -- Sounds Dangerous
AK -- EE yep, I am chicken!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey BangBang Chicken...Where's Carl?http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post50814403 CURRENT TR in Progress Really? All of us? ... a Jan PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3186622
The Most Wonderful Thing About Tiggers...happened to us! A 2013 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3066866
Road Trip! Stop1: Inkedupmomma's Wedding, Stop 2: Disney - A Feb 2013 PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post45966160
Small Po-taaaa-toes! My Sept 2011 TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post42885313
The "I said I wasn't going to do a PTR...PTR (Sept 2011) http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post39927349
Drama Please End...Fun, Please Begin..A Sept TR http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post38357331
Old 08-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #1228
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I don't mind missing (and will skip if I'm allowed to get away with it):

MK -- Stitch and Laugh Comedy and Carrousel of Progress
Epcot -- Mission Space (will NOT do)
Studios -- Sounds Dangerous, Lights Motor Action
AK -- I can't really think of anything, but we've never done any of the shows there (hope to change that this year)
Hi Kathy! The only thing that I may do on your list (besides the shows at AK) is CoP if there is time or we need to cool off!
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-08-2010, 04:44 PM   #1229
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioDisneyLover View Post
For me its:

MK -- Space Mountain
Epcot -- Mission Space - no flippin' way .. not even the non-spinny side
Studios -- Sounds Dangerous
AK -- EE yep, I am chicken!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm with you on the thrill rides, I will take a pass and be with Lilian but DH and others like them and will go on them.
September 2010 PTR

Old 08-08-2010, 05:57 PM   #1230
Charlefours
DIS Veteran

Transportation: How to navigate the World Effectively

I am hoping to get thoughts from you all on navigating around the World.

Specific questions I have:
--how easy is it to drive from park to park?
--have any issues parking before at the parks or other resorts?
--should we drive to the parks the mornings we have ADRs? I am leaning towards this as I do not want to be late.

Here are my thoughts:

I think that anytime we have to be at another resort, and we are traveling from CSR, I figure we will drive. With being able to park at the other resorts for free, this just seems to be the best option rather than allowing an hour or longer to get from CSR to another resort on time.

I am worried that we will be late to our morning ADRs if we depend on the bus system. Unless you all think this will not be an issue, I will have us driving the mornings we have early ADRs or BBB. That means we will drive Monday, Tuesday, Thursday mornings to the EP, MK and AK respectively. Is this crazy? We will also most likely be driving Tuesday again to 1900 PF so we can rest until we have to be there for dinner.

What do you all think? Thank you for any and all advice you can give me. We have never experienced going to any other resorts nor have we eaten at any resort other than food court at the one we stayed at.
September 2010 PTR

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: