Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #751
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Way to ruin the poor guys fun!

It's ok Mark.... I will reprimand Chris and send him to his room (although that isn't really bad considering all the WDW memorabilia he will get to look at!)
Of course now - when I get home - I want to pull out my toy monorail and set it up and watch it go round and round and push the button making it give the dialog.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 08-06-2010, 03:15 PM   #752
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

Yes, yes... and Rick never actually says, "Play it again, Sam" in Casablanca...

Anyway, the point was that it's been around forever, but looks and feels exotic and futuristic. And we totally agree there!
Just messin' with ya there Mark! Gotta find SOME way to turn a boring Friday afternoon into a fun one.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2010, 03:23 PM   #753
stopher1

For any of you waiting on Candlelight Processional package info (Zerfs - I KNOW you are)... here's an update.

I just saw on Facebook a posting from Walt Disney World ("like" their page any FB folks to get updated info)...

CP packages will go on sale August 26th. The list of narrators will be fully confirmed by then, but until then, here's the schedule as it stands today:

•Isabella Rossellini – 11/26 – 28
•TBD – 11/29 – 12/1
•TBD – 12/2 – 4
•TBD – 12/5 – 6
•Jodi Benson – 12/7 – 9
•Whoopi Goldberg – 12/10 – 11
•Steven Curtis Chapman – 12/12 – 15
•Thomas Gibson – 12/16 – 18
•Trace Adkins – 2/19 – 21
•Brad Garrett – 12/22 – 23
•TBD – 12/24 – 27
•Marlee Matlin / Jack Jason – 12/28 – 30

Old 08-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #754
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
"The spirit of Captain Oblivious"? I'm trying to picture that. If I had to guess, it would be rambling, off-the-wall, somewhat incoherent and slightly flatulent.
No, basically it was "you did one so I'm going to do one too." Peer pressure, essentially. Please don't jump off a bridge, because I may have to also. And I hate proving my mother right.
Old 08-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #755
HoustonDan
Earning My Ears

We've only been twice, but I think we'll always have to do the TTA and It's A Small World. Or, at least, I'll always want to do them so we'll ALL have to do them. Oh yeah, and Tom Sawyer's Island.
DIS Dad Club Member #505
WL - Spring Break '09, '10

Old 08-06-2010, 07:53 PM   #756
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
For any of you waiting on Candlelight Processional package info (Zerfs - I KNOW you are)... here's an update.

I just saw on Facebook a posting from Walt Disney World ("like" their page any FB folks to get updated info)...

CP packages will go on sale August 26th. The list of narrators will be fully confirmed by then, but until then, here's the schedule as it stands today:

•Isabella Rossellini – 11/26 – 28
•TBD – 11/29 – 12/1
•TBD – 12/2 – 4
•TBD – 12/5 – 6
•Jodi Benson – 12/7 – 9
•Whoopi Goldberg – 12/10 – 11
•Steven Curtis Chapman – 12/12 – 15
•Thomas Gibson – 12/16 – 18
•Trace Adkins – 2/19 – 21
•Brad Garrett – 12/22 – 23
•TBD – 12/24 – 27
•Marlee Matlin / Jack Jason – 12/28 – 30
thanks stopher!!
Old 08-06-2010, 08:07 PM   #757
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

well, left this morning at 4:30am to beat the traffic into philly. dw and i had a nice time, we walked around center city for a few hours. (bought 10 soft pretzells for $6 at the philly pretzell factory.) we had breakfast at the middletown rest. with some of phillys finest in blue. the radiation oncologist said there were two treatments for the optic nerve. a one time "zap" or a 8 week, monday thriugh friday in philly "trickle zaps" shes leaning towards the one time zap since she is blind in that eye already. we have to see the nero surg. for his take on it than the three doctors, including the dr who did the operation, get together and agree on which treatment is best.were also hoping for the one time zap. we go back aug.18th. to the other two drs. i even seen a women, bout 28 or so, walking down walnut street, wearing a new york yankee t-shirt. there are two things you dont wear to philly, your yankee shirt or your dallas cowboy shirt. this lady had to be nuts!!! i dont know how far she got but i didnt hang around to find out. maybe they would let her off the hook because she was a female but wow!!! thats like wearing a redsox hat in yankee stadium.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:11 PM   #758
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Of course now - when I get home - I want to pull out my toy monorail and set it up and watch it go round and round and push the button making it give the dialog.
Glad it's not just me. I have the castle. Can't decide if I want to buy Epcot or the monorail.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #759
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
Glad it's not just me. I have the castle. Can't decide if I want to buy Epcot or the monorail.
I have a Haunted Mansion on my toyshe...err, bookshelf in my office, too!

Old 08-06-2010, 09:56 PM   #760
Disney Commando
DDC
Disney Fans Are Friends
now I have some things to plan, I'm going to try to get the Dapper Dans

Quote:
I'm sorry Sir, I did not see you playing with your dolls again
1976 Contemp, 82 Contemp, 86 Contemp, 8/03 Honeymoon Off Site, 7/05 Off Site. 11/08 Off Site, Halloween till 11/08/09 ASM w/ Free DDP, Dis Dads Dec. Trip 12/5 - 12/11, 2010 8/11 ASM, 8/12 Off Site, 11/12 ASM, 8/13 ASM, 4/14 POP, 6/14 AKL, 8/14 POP

Dis Dad Member #393
WDW Commando Member #1
Old 08-07-2010, 12:43 AM   #761
ClearScreen
DIS Dad #461
An E-Ticket Attraction in my own mind

Hey guys. Just checking in live from the COntemporary here in sweltering DW. Just OKed $9.95 for 24 hours of internet access (I had a few drinks at Narcoossees).

Everyone having a blast. Son's favorite ride is Splash Mountain and everything else that gets you soaked. Daughter loves all the rides. Both want more time in the hotel pool which is close to 100 degrees itself. Seriously, who wants to swim in a bathtub?

Went to UNiversal and WWofHP. 45 minutes to get in WW adn 1 hour plus for Forbidden Journey. It was great, but what a long wait. Rest of WW just too damn crowded. Bought some Butterbeer, pumpkin juice and wands. Really funny, Ollivanders is so crowded that they are selling wands at a streek kiosk. Unfortunately, the display wands are melting and getting rather limp (flaccid?) in the heat. You pick one up, it kind of bends like a limp noodle. When you buy a wand, they give a nice stiff one in its own box (I said I was drinking). It was just too funny to see.

Anyway, Chef MIckey's for breakfast and Blizzard Beach tomorrow.

ClearScreen
ClearScreen (Chris) - DIS Dad Club Member #461 - Me(44), DW(45), DD(12), DS(9)

1976 - 2 trips stayed off-site. September, 2000 - Wilderness Lodge. August, 2010 - Contemporary. August, 2012 - Swan. August, 2014 - Coronado Springs

Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:40 AM   #762
dvczerfs
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearScreen View Post
Hey guys. Just checking in live from the COntemporary here in sweltering DW. Just OKed $9.95 for 24 hours of internet access (I had a few drinks at Narcoossees).

Everyone having a blast. Son's favorite ride is Splash Mountain and everything else that gets you soaked. Daughter loves all the rides. Both want more time in the hotel pool which is close to 100 degrees itself. Seriously, who wants to swim in a bathtub?

Went to UNiversal and WWofHP. 45 minutes to get in WW adn 1 hour plus for Forbidden Journey. It was great, but what a long wait. Rest of WW just too damn crowded. Bought some Butterbeer, pumpkin juice and wands. Really funny, Ollivanders is so crowded that they are selling wands at a streek kiosk. Unfortunately, the display wands are melting and getting rather limp (flaccid?) in the heat. You pick one up, it kind of bends like a limp noodle. When you buy a wand, they give a nice stiff one in its own box (I said I was drinking). It was just too funny to see.

ClearScreen
glad to hear your having a good time clear screen!!(and that your wand isnt limp, i hate when that happens.) note to self, rule 40821, dont go on the disdads thread while drinking. have a good time on the rest of your trip if we dont hear from you again!!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:49 AM   #763
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:

ClearScreen

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
Old 08-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #764
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:

ClearScreen

I hear that they have pills for that condition .

Hey Fed....tick tock tick tock getting closer Buddy hang in there. By the way, Please do not post anymore pictures of your pet spider. I had nightmares about that thing last night. I now know why I haven't seen Hungry lately. He took one look at that thing and hopped a flight back to the States! Stay Safe!

Old 08-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #765
stopher1

Quote:

ClearScreen
Sounds fun, except for the heat. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: