Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Raecheal
DIS Veteran
 
Raecheal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Neverland
Posts: 1,236

Rates

Is there ever any PINcodes, promotions, discounts, early booking discounts etc,etc, for these trips or is the price stated online is final?
__________________
ME , Stella
Raecheal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #2
mrosen
Mouseketeer
 
mrosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Is there ever any PINcodes, promotions, discounts, early booking discounts etc,etc, for these trips or is the price stated online is final?
I would also be interested in any advice from anyone here on this question. I look at the ranges for the price and don't see where you can even get the lowest rate price advertisized when you look at the details of dates and rates. We are a family of 4 and these prices are expensive. Any advice on how to get even a slight break on pricing would be good to understand.
mrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-06-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,315
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raecheal View Post
Is there ever any PINcodes, promotions, discounts, early booking discounts etc,etc, for these trips or is the price stated online is final?
There was an early booking discount a couple of years ago, but it has been discontinued. I have not heard of any PIN codes. They have, however, done promotions & discounts later on in the year, if you're willing to wait & see. They had a free 3-day cruise promotion, free iPod, discounts on certain departures, etc.

Sayhello
__________________
Check out my Southwest Splendors Trip Report! (2008). 5 parts, full of pics & details & impressions!
My Taming the Last Frontier ABD Alaska Trip Report! (2009)! 7 parts, pictures, stories, & more impressions!
Also check out my ABD/DCL Mediterranean Magic Trip Report! (2010)
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #4
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,658

As Sayhello mentioned they had the cruise offer last year. They also sent out personal PINs this past March for quite a few initineraries and departure dates. And there was an offer for D23 members (I think it was $250 off per person). Past offers that I recall - $500 per person off airfare for certain trips and a few years ago there was an offer for a free child with paying adult. But I don't think we'll ever see anything like that again.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #5
mrosen
Mouseketeer
 
mrosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo912 View Post
As Sayhello mentioned they had the cruise offer last year. They also sent out personal PINs this past March for quite a few initineraries and departure dates. And there was an offer for D23 members (I think it was $250 off per person). Past offers that I recall - $500 per person off airfare for certain trips and a few years ago there was an offer for a free child with paying adult. But I don't think we'll ever see anything like that again.
Any idea how you get yourself on a list for a special PIN if they opted to do tihs? I've never received any special PIN for any Disney related vacation though I've heard of folks receiving them for discounts for WDW and Disney Cruise.
mrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
Bobo912
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 2,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrosen View Post
Any idea how you get yourself on a list for a special PIN if they opted to do tihs? I've never received any special PIN for any Disney related vacation though I've heard of folks receiving them for discounts for WDW and Disney Cruise.
Sign up for the brochure on the ABD website. ABD has one email address for me from the trips that I've taken with them, but I used a different one to sign up for the brochure last year. The PIN came to the email address I used for the brochure.
Bobo912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #7
carpenta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: grand isle, Vermont USA
Posts: 1,148

Last year when we booked our Alaska tour (that we took this past month) we were given a free 3 day cruise on DCL. Dream or Wonder. We just booked for next year a tour and we were given $200.00 "discount" than the posted price on the internet. No explaination and I'm not asking any questions. The way Disney does things is an enigma.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #8
Icemann
Dis Vet
 
Icemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
Last year when we booked our Alaska tour (that we took this past month) we were given a free 3 day cruise on DCL. Dream or Wonder. We just booked for next year a tour and we were given $200.00 "discount" than the posted price on the internet. No explaination and I'm not asking any questions. The way Disney does things is an enigma.
which tour did you book?We are thinking about Hollywood trip?
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
carpenta
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: grand isle, Vermont USA
Posts: 1,148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemann View Post
which tour did you book?We are thinking about Hollywood trip?
Icemann, We booked the Rockt Trails that takes in Glacier National Park and Banff next June. Just hope the weather will not be as rainy as what we had. Hope you are adjusting to all that sun.
carpenta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #10
Icemann
Dis Vet
 
Icemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpenta View Post
Icemann, We booked the Rockt Trails that takes in Glacier National Park and Banff next June. Just hope the weather will not be as rainy as what we had. Hope you are adjusting to all that sun.
O yea all thawed out and working on my tan.Have to darken up alittle I got pale from lack of sun Thats are second choice
Icemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:09 PM   #11
KidDad
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18

CostCo

Also, some travel agents offer giftcards. We booked through CostCo, which offered up to $750 in giftcards depending on the cost of the trip (we received $450 for booking for two people). I saw one AAA office that also offered an AmEx gift card, but worth less.
KidDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #12
Happy99
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,104

ABD discounts are few and far between. they will only offer something if they are desparate, at least that is the way it seemed last year

You can also take a look at this link
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2533241
Happy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #13
Sharkbyte
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 70

rates

ABD use to have special promos, early bird specials, etc and they took that all away...What a shame. I'm much more likely would book more ABD trips if they gave incentives.
Sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.