Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 11:35 PM   #106
fairestoneofall
DIS Veteran

i am a laid-back planner. i do plan which park we'll visit and where we'll eat. we do plan to hit certain rides when we first enter a park. but that's about it. we play most of our "plan" by ear and by whatever we feel like doing. we do utilize FP. so, if DS wants to ride Buzz, we'll pick up the FP and use them when it's convenient. we make sure that everyone gets to pick the rides they want to do that day and then we work around those with other rides. if we see a short line, we hop in it.

my kids would not go for commando. and frankly, neither would my DH. we have a loose "plan," but it is not a ride this-then this-then this.

the most strict plan is for whichever parks' first hour. after that, it's pretty laid-back.

*DL Dumbo Double Dare-August 2014*POR January 2014*POP-October 2013*CR-December 2011--DD's 10th birthday trip!*POP-June 2010*Ft. Wilderness Cabin-September 2009*CSR/GF-Thanksgiving 2008*Caribbean Beach-August 2007: 10th Anniversary Trip*Shades of Green-November 2006*Port Orleans/All Star Movies-February 2005*yearly growing up, but never on site (generally the Knights Inn)
fairestoneofall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #107
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Welcome to the Club Fairestoneofall!!

I wish there was a smiley handing off a beverage to another smiley. That would be pretty cool to use for welcoming people. Instead, I'll just give you my fav smiley the dancing banana

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2010, 11:49 PM   #108
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Scavenger hunts? Eh, too much work. I'll sit and watch though.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #109
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planogirl View Post
Scavenger hunts? Eh, too much work. I'll sit and watch though.

Too cute!

Old 08-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #110
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

So I got a little non-desperado today and made a list of everything I need to do before this trip happens in 9 days. Needless to say, it was too much to remember so I had to make a list and I'm a little stressed.

Its still not a packing list, though You'll find me packing at 2am on the morning we're leaving more than likely.

Bahahha.

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
jaci-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:48 AM   #111
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci-h View Post
So I got a little non-desperado today and made a list of everything I need to do before this trip happens in 9 days. Needless to say, it was too much to remember so I had to make a list and I'm a little stressed.

Its still not a packing list, though You'll find me packing at 2am on the morning we're leaving more than likely.

Bahahha.
Give back your badge! Just kidding!

No worries, we can't blame you for making a list to make sure you have everything. At least you are making the list 9 days out as opposed to several months in advance with several reminders to review and alter the list.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #112
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
Give back your badge! Just kidding!

No worries, we can't blame you for making a list to make sure you have everything. At least you are making the list 9 days out as opposed to several months in advance with several reminders to review and alter the list.
haha. Now when it came to planning my wedding, unfortunately from 18 months out til 2 weeks before the wedding I was a commando bride... and then I realized that it wasn't doing me any favors and I became a desperado bride

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
jaci-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #113
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Finally, people I can relate too, lol! Since we only have the free quick service dining this year, we really don't have to work around ADR's which i'm thinking might be a blessing. The only thing we are definetly planning is going to one of the christmas parties, not sure which one yet. But, everything else, will just happen!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:26 PM   #114
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

I love to be laid back. That's the only way for me to truly enjoy it. I plan ADR's, but that is just about it. We have such a good time and we can just enjoy the parks for what they are and experience the little things that get overlooked when one is going commando.

I'll ask questions ahead of time if there's something I don't know much about, but I don't pencil, or ink it into my schedule.

Sign me up, Desperado's!
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #115
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Wow, this Desparado movement is taking off!! pretty cool...
Old 08-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #116
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthemouse71 View Post
Wow, this Desparado movement is taking off!! pretty cool...
I love your signature! Cookies....

Old 08-06-2010, 03:00 PM   #117
musclemouse
DIS Veteran

I love planning. Mostly because I can not get enough of the DisBoards. Always learning here. I have been on two Disney vacations with my dh and I found out that I better plan as much as I can. He is always wanting to know step by step what we are doing. If he has to think for one second what to do next, all heck breaks loose. No pressure.

musclemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #118
Aerorea
Mouseketeer

I'm a convert. Before DH, I had only been on one-day/one-park, hurry-up and do as much as you can-style trips. Then we started going for 5-7 days and that changed everything.

We book the rooms and get ADR's based on where EMH will be that night. We've never seen a rope drop. Instead, we wake up and make it to whatever park we choose (one without early EMH) around 10 or 11am. We do as we please, hit other parks, go back to the resort, etc until our ADR's and then enjoy our evening that usually include late EMH's somewhere.

In our opinion, it's not really a vacation if you're always in a hurry to be somewhere!

Nov '12 @ Yacht Club (5th Anniversary)
May '12 @ Coronado Springs (Star Wars Weekend)
Nov/Dec '10 @ Yacht Club (3rd Anniversary)
Nov/Dec '09 @ Yacht Club (2nd Anniversary)
Dec '06 @ Port Orleans Riverside (Got Engaged!)
Dec '05 @ Port Orleans Riverside (Master's Graduation)
March '04 @ Caribbean Beach (Our first vacation together)
Aerorea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #119
Bouncin-Tigger
DVC + DIS = Expensive Habit

Very laid back slow moving travelers here, we eliminate the words- hurry, late, run, from our trips because that isnt a vacation to us. We stroll thru the parks and do alot of people watching and still end up hitting all the attractions we want to. Kinda like a work smart not hard. We also play alot of bus roulette, go down to the bus stop and hop on the first bus that comes and that is our park for the day. Maybe because we have been so often and have eaten at most places that we dont try to get it all in on every trip and really enjopy a slower pace and the kids love it to.
10/19-10/26 1br BLT
2014 TRIPS
5/29-6/9 1 br SSR
8/1-8/8 Art of Animation
12/13-12/21 1 br BLT
Bouncin-Tigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:56 PM   #120
luvthemouse71
Cries like a baby at Illuminations..

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
I love your signature! Cookies....
Thanks...cookies to me are one of the finer things in life..I like those shirts that say "come to the dark side, we have cookies" . I figured to the commandos, we are the dark side.

It just makes me so sad when see people say " we'll get these attractions out of the way"...like it's a chore.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: