Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 10:39 PM   #91
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

Lime Green Pirate Mickey Head Badge

Quote:
I give up... I absolutely cannot resize Desperado Mickey for my signature. Can someone please let me know how did they got those small versions, all I can do is big one and it is huge. Thanks. ARRRRRRRRR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [URL=http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
[IMG]http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad123/PineappleWhip/th_DesperadosWinCE.jpg[/IMG}[/URL}
Just copy and paste the above into your sig, then replace the 2 } squiggly brackets at the end with ] straight brackets.

DESPERADOS: Because laminated schedules have no place on a vacation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM   #92
luvndizny
Mouseketeer

Oh I have planned our trip to the hilt, down to the last second....

I plan on eating lots of yummy food I did NOT have to cook
I plan on laughing
I plan on beating my best score on BLSRS
I plan on sleeping in some
I plan on coming home with less money I left with
I plan on taking breaks
I plan on doing my darndest to spoil my hubby coming back from his 4th deployment
I plan on saying YES alot
I plan on riding our favorite rides so many times we can quote every line and point out every Hidden Mickey

And mostly-(something I learned on our first trip when we were trying to cram in too much all at once): Anything not done on this trip is simply a promise we make to ourselves to one day return. It may be years from now, who knows? All I know is that first trip we wound up not going to another park we'd paid for because that last day we were so exhausted we just sat by the pool and did 'nothing'....

I plan on having some 'nothing' time this upcoming trip. Preferably while sipping a pina colada.
luvndizny is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2010, 11:44 PM   #93
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Whip View Post
Just copy and paste the above into your sig, then replace the 2 } squiggly brackets at the end with ] straight brackets.
Thank you, it worked.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #94
RebeccaB
DIS Veteran

I'm so laid back I'm practically laying down.
We do the free dining, so I get our ressies made in advance, and this year we're utilizing park hoppers so we dont have to go to the park we're eating in that day if we choose.
However, this is our 5th trip, so I've become more laid back each trip. We love to sit and watch crazy people...ah...commando people I keeeed, I keeeed!

RebeccaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #95
cruisingkat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Whip View Post
I PROPOSE THE RISE OF THE "DESPERADOS". They have a name, we should have a cooler name because we are laid back and having a better, unscripted, relaxed time where we can laugh and not worry that the country bear jamboree starts in 5 minutes.

If you enjoy taking the park as it comes along.

If you enjoy saying, hey look the line is short there, let's do that now instead.

If you like showing up with your AP just to ride [insert favorite ride here] get an ice cream cone and leave.

If you're willing to skip the parade and/or fireworks and catch it next time.

If you feel that there will be an awful war for leadership between various commando factions.

If you're willing to defend a CM's honor when they are being berated by a commando.

If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off.

I submit that you are a DESPERADO.

I also propose an Alien Green Home Depot Mickey with an eyepatch for our flag.

All in favor say ARRRRRRRRRRRR

We can answer yes to all of the above. The only thing we plan is an ADR for a special occasion or Candlelight Processional dinner package. We don't even plan out the park we will visit each day - unless we are at Disney for something in particular like Flower & Garden, Food & Wine, Osbourne Lights, etc but even then, we don't have a set plan of what we will do and see in that park. For example, we go in the spring and just visit Epcot for the Flower & Garden show. We may do a ride if there isn't a line, but we mainly walk around looking at all the gardens and try to fit in the seminars if our whim permits and the seminar sounds interesting.
We are so laid back with our plans, that many times we pick the park by playing bus roulette - the first park bus that comes is the the park we go to. We also will just go to a park for an hour or two and then back to enjoy the Disney ambience at the the hotel.
cruisingkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM   #96
Jemmi1218
Crazy for Disney

i've never been much of a planner! this next trip coming up in two weeks we have no ADR, i couldn't tell you the park hours and heck we're not even sure if we are going to any of the parks! We might just get annual waterpark passes and do the waterparks for the week! however when you go with people who have NEVER been before and have dining some planning is necessary for sure! In sept i'm taking 2 people that have never been. With the fact that they no longer fun fantasmic and spectro (or MSEP now) every night I had to do some planning and was not a fan of it! i had to plan the park and restaurants for each day and i hate feeling locked in! In dec i'm going with my cousin and she will have a park hopper so we can go anywhere whenever! no plan for that trip!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #97
mickeysaver
WINNER of the world's worst limerick contest! ;)
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Location: 20 years in the past aka Daytona Beach - It's so weird here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto3gr8boys View Post
Good luck and share a pic of that ECV :-). Happy anniversary!
If you want to see what we settled on after a horrible experience involving craft foam, glitter glue, and gloppy looking fireworks, I am posting the images that I worked on tonight. I borrowed from some of the folks on the Creative board, but everything is customized for the scooter by me.

Front basket design....

Bumper Sticker...

Back Tag....

If you see me, please feel free to stop and say "Hi" especially if we are in an air conditioned area!

Thanks for the good wishes for our anniversary. We are still crazy about each other. I can't explain how it is that we still dig each other so much other than to say that we are blessed.
mickeysaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:51 PM   #98
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Aw, DF and I just celebrated 10 yrs in July. We live near Disney and now I told him we need to go find you while you're there just to meet you. Have a lil Desparado meet & greet!!

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #99
mickeysaver
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
Aw, DF and I just celebrated 10 yrs in July. We live near Disney and now I told him we need to go find you while you're there just to meet you. Have a lil Desparado meet & greet!!
Well, any excuse to go to WDW is better than none right? If you find me, I would gladly meet a fellow Desperado.....do we greet with an "Arrrrr" or a "Hi!"?
Old 08-05-2010, 10:56 PM   #100
luckyprincess
Dis Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver View Post
If you want to see what we settled on after a horrible experience involving craft foam, glitter glue, and gloppy looking fireworks, I am posting the images that I worked on tonight. I borrowed from some of the folks on the Creative board, but everything is customized for the scooter by me.

Front basket design....

Bumper Sticker...

Back Tag....

If you see me, please feel free to stop and say "Hi" especially if we are in an air conditioned area!

Thanks for the good wishes for our anniversary. We are still crazy about each other. I can't explain how it is that we still dig each other so much other than to say that we are blessed.
They all look awesome!! Congrats! I hope Andrew and I are as happy and excited about each other as you are after 11 years!

luckyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 PM   #101
mickeysaver
I am a LARGE toddler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyprincess View Post
They all look awesome!! Congrats! I hope Andrew and I are as happy and excited about each other as you are after 11 years!
Thanks! I wish everyone could have a relationship that was as good as this one is. We set up simple rules for our relationship years ago and we talk everything to death in order to not let any issue turn into a fight. I am happier at 11 years with her than I was at 1 month with anyone else that I was ever with.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #102
smileycrissy
DIS Veteran

Location: In the land of the Happy People otherwise known as Florida

Quote:
Well, any excuse to go to WDW is better than none right? If you find me, I would gladly meet a fellow Desperado.....do we greet with an "Arrrrr" or a "Hi!"?
LOL - decisions, decisions. I'm sooo tempted to go with the 'Arrrr' for a greeting.

All in the Golden Afternoon... a TR of the Flower & Garden show at Epcot
-----------------------------------------------
smileycrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #103
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Front basket design....

Bumper Sticker...

Back Tag....

i love it! and so sweet that you are so happy...enjoy every minute!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:29 PM   #104
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

This is cool. Testing....
Old 08-05-2010, 11:33 PM   #105
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

@MickeySaver: Happy Anniversary!! I can't think of a better place to celebrate. Have a great trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileycrissy View Post
LOL - decisions, decisions. I'm sooo tempted to go with the 'Arrrr' for a greeting.

Go with what feels right. Personally I think people would look at me funny if I said "Arrrrrrr" to them.

Desperado scavenger hunts... spot yer pirate Mickeys and meet a fellow member. Hidden Mickeys, pirate Mickeys, who says there's nothing to do in the park.

Desperados will probably be sitting on a bench, outside Cosmic Ray's, enjoying a frosty beverage while waiting to see if any Mickeys, hidden, green, or patched cross their paths. Because even hunting can be laid back.

DESPERADOS: Because laminated schedules have no place on a vacation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: