Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Theme Parks Community
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2010, 01:15 PM   #76
Golden_Eagle426
We gaze continually at the world and it grows dull in our perceptions. Yet seen from the another's vantage point, as if new, it may still take our breath away" - Watchmen

I make plans during the months proceeding the trip (to help get me excited) and then immediately throw them way as soon as I arrive in Florida. I feel that it is more fun to play it by ear
Cast member -Fall Advantage College Program/Spring 2012 College program (Chatham)
October 2013 - Solo Trip/MNSSHP/Food and Wine
Golden_Eagle426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:11 PM   #77
Beatles_Girl
In love with WDW since 1989!!

Thumbs up

Hahahaha love it!! We're also laid back people, we usually get 2 or 3 ADR's in a 10 day trip and check crowd calendars that's it!! We enjoy every minute of our trip, we wake up late and hit the parks at 12:00pm almost every day, ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2010, 02:46 PM   #78
MsDisney23
Has cabin fever-induced dreams of the Texas Roadhouse wings
Former female construction worker
Making medical history
Should have married all 7 dwarfs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Murphy View Post
I prefer to look at a Disney vacation as a vacation, not a mission.

I know what park/s I will be in each day/night based on whatever is/are the low crowd ones for that day/night. I might have 1 to maybe 3 (at the most) dining reservations made. Most of my trips are solo (can't yet get wife back to Disney ) but do meet up most days with folks from the boards. So I need to know who I am meeting and where and when. I always have an AP so am completely flexible.

That's about it.
Hey Ole Buddy,

I hope to meet up with you one day in the parks
Old 08-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #79
Meezoogirl
WDW Addict... But that's ok.. Everyone needs one addiction..

I'm in.. I have always been a type A personality when it comes to planning.. Along came my DD... All that planning went out the window. Now I pick what park to go to each day and make 1 reservation for a late lunch early dinner and that's it. We are never there at rope drop.. We see what we see...

We went the week of Thanksgiving last year and it was really crowded.. We just walked around.. went on a few rides, and were fine.. We didn't spend our whole trip in line.. I don't mind lines, but there is no way I can get a 2year old to stand in line for 90 min for Winnie the Pooh..

This year we are going the week before Thanksgiving. I hope it's less crowded.. According to the Crowd Cal it is..
Old 08-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #80
JulielovesDisney
Hakuna Matata
I find any accent extremely hot
He's no boy. lol -wink wink

The only planning we do is when are we going, where are we staying, and where are we eating each night. Then we just pretty much go with the flow after that.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #81
Pineapple Whip
Burning My Ears

I read something about our type being lazy and making excuses to sleep late and miss all the stuff we paid for.

It made sense all of a sudden. Certain types, at the extremist end, value getting every square foot they paid for. I certainly hope this does not take priority over their kids' happiness because I see plenty of kids being yanked around while looking back and pointing at something they want to see.

If I wanted to do it, I could complete 2 parks entirely in one day, but I'm not sure I would enjoy that pace.

After bringing a 9 y.o. recently, not sure he would have survived that schedule without a total meltdown.

For intelligent people, I'm not sure how much research and planning it takes to follow a road, in an enclosed space, for 15+ potential hours, and not be able to see all you paid for.

Aside from making an ADR, checking park hours, and planning general vacation stuff, I can't imagine detailing an actual park visit. There's a paper map you get at the front, there is a sign board on Main with show times, you either are or are not willing to wait the posted time for a ride, you either are or are not willing to fight for a table at a particular CS.

Some of these people have been here multiple times and still require all sorts of reference materials. Kinda makes you wonder.

Have a question... Google, no, CM. They're everywhere, faster, and have more accurate and reliable answers.

Lost? GPS? No, foldable map in pocket, or CM. How do you get lost in a gated circle?

Laminate? I guess if you want to reuse the same papers over and over for the next 20 visits since show times and park hours don't change.

CM's offer many solutions so you don't need to travel with your repurposed trash from fast food joints. Luggage space is valuable.

To each their own. The smart phone faction will laugh at the laminate faction... the Desperados will slide by and let them sort themselves out.

By the way, do we have a count, or a member list yet, because, who cares. Just wear your LGPMH proudly and let's hope we're not infiltrated by the others (oh no who wants to post security around the forum thread we might have a fraudulent badge running around posting #sarcasm). Most importantly, enjoy yourselves.

If you want your LGPMH badge search this thread for "clickable" and edit the code as you see fit.

DESPERADOS: Because laminated schedules have no place on a vacation.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2522331
Pineapple Whip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:09 PM   #82
jaci-h
If you feel psycho dad needs a frozen coke over his head to cool off... you're a desperado.

This thread makes me happy

In 10 days, I will be carrying my LGPMH around at WDW and I'll post some pictures for ya! and my Desperado TR will surface sometime in the next month. Be on the lookout friends!

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse. -Walt Disney
jaci-h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:54 PM   #83
luckyprincess
Dis Lord

Hey Desperado's So, we leave in 20 something days and I can't wait to relax and have some fun with my sweetie!
I told him yesterday about this thread and he was very happy that I've converted for this trip!
So, we said we don't care if it's hot as heck or humid as heck. In NJ we've been at high 90's and high humidity for weeks and we used to live in Miami Beach so we're used to Florida in August. We also don't care if it rains - if they're open, we're there.
We are going to go to MK the night we get in since we arrive at 4pm and it has late hours. Then we are thinking of following the ideas here of just getting on the first bus that comes to the bus stop! We have PH so for nights that I want to see something specific, like Fantasia - we'll just hop to DS later. And we aren't going to get in line 45 minutes to 30 minutes ahead of time. We'll head over 15 minutes before and see if anything is left. If not - oh well
We also like the idea of taking a mid day break. We definetly aren't getting up for any rope drops and we do plan on sleeping in. We have the waterpark passes and have played with the idea of making that our mid day break. We can just head out to a water park (we loooooove them) and then back to the hotel. That way we can go where we want at night. Or maybe we'll just go to the waterpark in the morning when we get up and then hit a park at night....
Ahhhh.....with a Desperado, the options are endless, really!!

luckyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #84
luckyprincess
Dis Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaci-h View Post

This thread makes me happy

In 10 days, I will be carrying my LGPMH around at WDW and I'll post some pictures for ya! and my Desperado TR will surface sometime in the next month. Be on the lookout friends!

Aaack! Abbreviations!! What does LGPMH mean?? I never get it...sorry!

luckyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:33 PM   #85
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

count me in as a laid back disney fan. over the past 15 years i've done everything from carefully planned, ADRs for each day, RDs, etc. to going last minute with pretty much nothing planned. Over the years i've adjusted our plans to fit our needs. When the kids were babies, we'd be up early anyway, so before opening breakfasts and RDs were no problem. Now that we've got a teenager and two pre-teens, early mornings are reserved for only a few days. I'm also flexible depending on who's going. For instance this trip we will be there for 12 days, but my partner will only be with us for 7 of them. she is a doctor with crazy hours and lots of call nights, so for her a vacation is not getting up at the crack of dawn and hitting RDs, disney or no disney. on the other hand she likes her meals planned and sit downs are a must, so those ADRs are made. At the same time, she has no problem catching up with us later or leaving the parks earlier. When it's just the boys and me we are much more flexible...if we feel like doing the rush of RD we will do it after she goes back home (and we do it for the thrill of it more than getting on many rides asap), if we want to eat CS for two meals a day and ice cream for the third, then so be it. Obviously i've learned to incorporate a lot of flexibility into my disney vacations and the slow meandering through the park suits me just as well as the race (or quick walk lol) to Space Mountain or TSM. I think it's all about balance. And the biggest rule i have is to know when enough is enough...the minute the crankies set in, it's a change of plans, a hop to another park, back to the hotel for a swim, etc. I'm sure the commandos "do" a lot more in a day than i do, but i know i "experience" a lot more when i go with the flow.

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #86
frayedend
I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request.

I haven't read any of the 6 pages of replies yet. But for me I'm in the middle. I do obsessive planning but really for fun to keep me excited about it. Other than making sure I'm in a park where I have an ADR we end up just wingin' it for the most part.

Here's an example of my obssessive yet winging it planning. I am currently making cards for each day we will be there. Each day shows the planned park, the ADR, and the show/parade/fireworks schedule. Yeah obsessive right.

But each card also shows what other parks hours are and anything special going on there also. That way if we decide to skip the plan we know what the options are...winging it.
frayedend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:05 PM   #87
mickeysaver
WINNER of the world's worst limerick contest! ;)
I am a LARGE toddler!
No one wants to contemplate their mortality while their broccoli is getting cold

Location: 20 years in the past aka Daytona Beach - It's so weird here!

Well, my bag is packed...finally. I still have a lot of other stuff to gather up, but we now have all of the clothes packed. I did find out during my packing that my partner forgot to pack socks and a cover-up to wear on the bus back to the resort from the water parks. Luckily, I was able to easily obtain those items and fit them into my bag. In a few minutes, we are going to work on ECV Bling. I have to come up with something cute for our anniversray trip theme that works in fireworks. Wish me luck.
mickeysaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #88
momto3gr8boys
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeysaver View Post
Well, my bag is packed...finally. I still have a lot of other stuff to gather up, but we now have all of the clothes packed. I did find out during my packing that my partner forgot to pack socks and a cover-up to wear on the bus back to the resort from the water parks. Luckily, I was able to easily obtain those items and fit them into my bag. In a few minutes, we are going to work on ECV Bling. I have to come up with something cute for our anniversray trip theme that works in fireworks. Wish me luck.
Good luck and share a pic of that ECV :-). Happy anniversary!

momto3gr8boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 PM   #89
adidas97
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple Whip View Post
I also propose an Alien Green Home Depot Mickey with an eyepatch for our flag.

All in favor say ARRRRRRRRRRRR

Funny that is same thing we put on our stroller, sans eyepatch. That way we know which stroller is our when we get of rides.
The last few trips we plan adr's an d what park to do, that's about it. This time we will be there for a week and only have 3 adr's, two break, CM, CRP, and one dinner CP. Rest of the week we are playing it by ear. I have a dd 5 and dd 7 months
adidas97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #90
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

I give up... I absolutely cannot resize Desperado Mickey for my signature. Can someone please let me know how did they got those small versions, all I can do is big one and it is huge. Thanks. ARRRRRRRRR.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
KellyNY is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: