Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #61
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purseval View Post
It used to be you could go to Cinderellas Castle and order from a menu a la carte. Last time we tried to make a standby reservation we were told all we could have was a prix fixe of something around $53/person for lunch. No idea what it was, we couldn't get in. Is that something to do with the DDP?
Nothing to do with DDP. CRT is now a fixed price restaurant for all three meals.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:25 PM   #62
Tiger926
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post

Hi! Okay I just called Disney Dining. Boma is $37.29 for dinner. Nope sorry, we're cancelling. Back in 2007 Boma dinner was $25.99. There is no way I'm paying this for a dinner, especiallhy without the prime rib. Is there no end to the lunacy? This is the thing that really gets on my nerves. Oh, well like someone else said on this thread that they talk with their dollars. I think that's what we are going to do. We made a reservation for Shula's and I did get a coupon for $25.00 off 2 entrees. Restaurant.com has excellent deals on restaurants surrounding DTD. My dollars will be going there. Thanks again Tiger, I just thought the buffet surcharges were May through July4, boy was I wrong.

Brunette
I'm glad you called - that's a crazy price for Boma! Yikes!

We used the restaurant.com cert for character meal at Garden Grove. It was pretty good, and we got the characters all to ourselves! Kids loved it!

I hope you have a fab trip, Tiger
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-02-2010, 09:26 PM   #63
Figment&Piglet
"The dreamport's never far away, when you use your imagination!"

It occurs to me that your "Perspective" (have Anton Ego's voice in my head, for Ratatouille fans) matters in this discussion.

Are you a first timer or relatively new fan? I'm not surprised that Disney still dazzles you, because look at what you have to compare it to...filthy, dirty, unkempt, and even more expensive experiences and parks, the likes of Six Flags? Disney still leads the pack by a mile. It still has incredible magic.

Are you a long, long-time visitor? Then you may remember when the place was spotless, smaller, unique (thinking small touches here...yes, even the butter pats, but probably hundreds of little things), better maintained, well staffed (I remember like 3 CMs helping you on every ride), cheaper (although never cheap, but less so). In short, even MORE incredibly magical than it is now.

Now all that may or may not bother you, or bother you to a lesser degree, or maybe you just don't let it. And that's OK. Still doesn't mean it's not there.

Big business, even Disney, just doesn't have the high standards (or ethical compass, but that's another topic altogether) it once did.

So while most products and services have slid, so has Disney. But in MY perspective, just not as far...

That's why I keep going back--because in a world where magic is more and more in short supply, I need to get my fill at Disney!

"Por favor, mantenganse alejado de las puertas."

Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #64
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post

We used the restaurant.com cert for character meal at Garden Grove. It was pretty good, and we got the characters all to ourselves! Kids loved it!

Thank you! You seem so gracious and nice. We will have a fab time I know it! LOL! We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge for the first time.

Brunette
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #65
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Brunette here. Okay, I'm a Disney freak, nut, etc. I'm obsessed with Walt Disney World. I love it there, so much that we go about 6 - 8 times a year. We are annual pass holders. But I'm getting alot of bad vibes as to what is really going on in the world and it's really starting to get me to wonder. Is Disney turning into a money machine, that is only interested in making a buck and forgetting about all it's fine customers/guests? Here is my reasoning, if you will:

Disney dining - They have increased all buffets services and lowered the quality of food, i.e. took off prime rib at Boma and a few other restaurants.
[COLOR="Purple"] I did not notice a significant change at all actually.[/COLOR]

Disney CL Service - I've been reading that the food isn't what it used to be. Yet people pay a large premium for this. Food runs out and is not replenished etc.
Poly Club replenished plenty and it was amazing just a few weeks ago

Christmas attractions - Took away the lights at Epcot. It was just beautiful. It totally ruined the whole effect last Christmas season.
No comment, did not go last Xmas, but isn't everywhere cutting back?

Nickel and Diming the guest - Holiday surcharges for buffets. Okay, I can understand Thanksgiving and Christmas. But Memorial Day through 4th of July too! It's just plain wrong.
Doubling the price of a stroller- Double stroller 1 1/2 years ago was $18.00 now it is over $30.00. If you multiply that by 7 days it's the price of a rent a car!
Ticket increases - Every August there is a ticket increase!
I think that the SINKING economy effects everyone, Disney is a Business after all....so no surprises that there would be cutbacks.....

Brazilian groups- Extremely disruptive, rude, crass, and down right hazardous (blocking pathways), making loud noises outside of value hotel rooms in the early morning hours. There are 2-3 threads about this outrageous behavior, with hundreds of complaints from our DIS friends. Yet, Disney refuses to do anything about this.
Why would Disney do anything unless there was violence or disruptions where people actually complained,,,wrote letters, called...etc...I mean talking on the DIS will not help.though we'd all like to think we have some "clout" cause we know so much about disney: ..and our recent experience with a HUGE group was actually bland at best.....I agree, the fastpass situation is not acceptable, but Disney makes a Mint off these groups so Just like convention hotels...my suggestion would be to "house" all groups at certain resorts only......... Though that does not help at parks, I understand that.......

With the economy in the tank, people out of jobs, it would seem that Disney shouldn't be this greedy, for a lack of a better word. I'm just starting to notice some of these ill effects taking place. This is just my observation.

Any thoughts?
I guess as a Small Business Owner I may be biased...but Business is Business NOT Greed, just good business...and making those decisions is not easy, whether its cutting costs, losing employees etc....the Economy effects everyone..........
Just my take

Thanks all!
Brunette[/QUOTE]
Old 08-02-2010, 09:40 PM   #66
DisGirl23
Is it time to go to Disney World yet?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIRATEGIRL007 View Post
Nope, and either way they are still getting a good % of our income every year. I read thread like this alot before our trips and keep a watchful eye out for bad CM behaviour, trash lying about, poor service, etc and I just don't see it. Maybe its all the magic that makes me miss it, but I'm ok with that.
This is exactly my feelings.
2002 Coronado Springs šOš 2001, 2000, 1999 Off Site šOš 1999 Disney Institute
1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993 Off Site

Old 08-02-2010, 10:17 PM   #67
Indiana Rose Lee
Baby Factory Extraordinaire! ;)

I can't imagine what Disney should do about tour groups. That is bread and butter
Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 PM   #68
drew64
disfanatic

Disney is still great, but I have seen a decline in the quality of guests over the years.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:39 PM   #69
DisGirl23
Is it time to go to Disney World yet?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
but I have seen a decline in the quality of guests over the years.
I kinda have to agree here too... Remember when guests used to respect Disney? They'd clean up after themselves and were nice and courteous to CMs and other guests?
2002 Coronado Springs šOš 2001, 2000, 1999 Off Site šOš 1999 Disney Institute
1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993 Off Site

Old 08-02-2010, 10:45 PM   #70
DisneyDude_82
Mouseketeer

I don't think I've ever seen a decline in service...the DW and I are planning on our 5th WDW trip in Nov and the great thing is, we are always finding something new to do when we go. It will be our first time for the Food and Wine festival and first time doing MVMCP.We did our first tour in Feb. We've never complained about disney, other than crowds and heat in summer lol
Old 08-02-2010, 10:55 PM   #71
KellyNY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl23 View Post
I kinda have to agree here too... Remember when guests used to respect Disney? They'd clean up after themselves and were nice and courteous to CMs and other guests?
I think it is an urban legend.

DESPERADOS, AND LOVING IT !!!

HO HO HO
Old 08-02-2010, 10:58 PM   #72
tinkerbell of winter
Keep Moving Forward-Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snape View Post
Disney needs to get rid of free dining and their problems with people complaining about food decline will be solved.
I agree.....free dining can go take a hike! It's like you get punished for being a DVC member!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:02 PM   #73
tinkerbell of winter
Keep Moving Forward-Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger926 View Post

Looks like i'll be eating at The Mara.........I can get most things there i'd go to Boma for (soup, zebra domes) for under ten bucks. The last time I was there I couldn't see paying the adult price for my ultra picky daughter so I ate at Boma and sent her off with $15, she ate a full meal at The Mara, and played in the arcade.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #74
Lintasare
Holy
Hello. My name is Inigo Peeptoya...you ate my father...prepare to die
Ok fess up...who killed the riddle?

I don't get why everyone is always so quick to blame the dining plan for Disney food going downhill. Disney has always had some form of a dining plan going back as far as I can remember. And I can remember back to 1985. Of course back then you were given actual coupons to present at the restaurant. And they stated which restaurants they were good in and what they were good for. When I was a CP back in 2002 we had what was basically the dining plan there is now. It just had different names.

So why blame the dining plan?

Last edited by Lintasare; 08-02-2010 at 11:11 PM. Reason: I can spell...I swear I can.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:10 PM   #75
rie'smom
"Always let your conscience be your guide."
I cannot look at my hamburger after I've taken a bite
Toilet paper must come over the top!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet Parr View Post
Just curious...

Those of you who have had cleanliness issues, what time of year do you generally go?

VP
April, May, June, November, February

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 View Post
Disney is still great, but I have seen a decline in the quality of guests over the years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisGirl23 View Post

I'll address both of these. Lots of people seem not to think manners are important anymore and yes i do remember when guests were more polite. That said, the rude CMs discussed here are not doing their jobs properly. On some threads, people compare WDW to Six Flags with WDW being lots better. I agree but I also see more Six Flags type attitudes from CMs becoming the rule. It's unfortunate but most of the more polite and considerate CMs are the older people. Disney needs to begin stressing to the younger people that their attitudes can make a difference.

Last edited by rie'smom; 08-02-2010 at 11:54 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: