Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #91
Honeystar120608
100% Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
I don't suppose you have a user manual on how to achieve this? I am willing to pay upfront when placing an order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faldred View Post
I'll pay extra for overnight mail.
Lol I wish I knew the secret to share. They get it honestly, both dh and I are eaters (unfortunately lol) I mean, they won't sit and eat raw onions or anything. Only problem dd has is with tomatoes. Texture I think, she tries hard to like them as we all like them. But it never seems to work. lol Poor thing.
2010-Oct 1-Oct 7 ASmo
2009-Dec 6-12 ASmo
2008-Dec ASmo (started an addiction)
Honeystar120608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:04 PM   #92
jmpellet
DIS Veteran

So if I "upgraded" my 8 and 9 yo kids to adults could they share a TS meal? Would Disney frown on this? I just talked to my son about this and he is psyched to have more fish options!
Clearwater Beach - 4/2009 (Busch Gardens)
Caribe Cove - 2/2009 (Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
The Fountains - 12/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Vista Cay - 10/2008 (Universal/Seaworld)
Horizons/Vistana Villages/Nick - 7/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Pop Century - 1/2008 (1/2 Marathon for me Goofy for Hubby)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 8/2007
All Star Music - 1/2007 (hubby ran Goofy)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 10/06
Off site - 10/2005
Pop Century - 1/2005 (hubby ran marathon)
Off site - 10/2000
Caribe Royale - 3/1999
Disneyland (Marriott) - 1996
Caribbean Beach - 6/1992
Off site - 4/82
jmpellet is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #93
Alibaba
Ali in Wonderland

This has been asked a million times but.....

I just don't understand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are doing the QSDP. How does the system keep track of your credits?
I know it shows on the receipts etc, but doesn't it just show them pooled?
How can you find out how many adult cs meals you have had, how many child cs meals are left, don't have a meal in somewhere like Caseys (which don't have a childs menu) and them take an adults credit and then end up on our last day with all child credits and no adult ones.
So just to clarify, although it tells you on the receipt how many general CS credits you have left, is there anyway of finding out a breakdown of these, specifying adult and child credits?
Sorry to witter on couldn't explain myself in a shorter way
Many Thanks
Ali

2004 - Country Inn & Suites,Kissemee, Key Largo and Key West. 2007 - Courtyard by Marriott, LBV. 2009 - Villa Windsor Hills
2010 - 28th Oct 6 nights Comfort Inn LBV 10 nights POFQ
2012 - Oct 14 Nights Villa
Alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:12 PM   #94
jmpellet
DIS Veteran

I've never had the QSDP but I believe the CS credits are still all together so its up to you to kep track (or not). When going to a CS counter you can get only what shows on your card. So 2AD 3CH you could get 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals.
Clearwater Beach - 4/2009 (Busch Gardens)
Caribe Cove - 2/2009 (Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
The Fountains - 12/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Vista Cay - 10/2008 (Universal/Seaworld)
Horizons/Vistana Villages/Nick - 7/2008 (Busch Gardens/Universal/Seaworld/Aquatica)
Pop Century - 1/2008 (1/2 Marathon for me Goofy for Hubby)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 8/2007
All Star Music - 1/2007 (hubby ran Goofy)
Port Orleans French Quarter - 10/06
Off site - 10/2005
Pop Century - 1/2005 (hubby ran marathon)
Off site - 10/2000
Caribe Royale - 3/1999
Disneyland (Marriott) - 1996
Caribbean Beach - 6/1992
Off site - 4/82
jmpellet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:24 PM   #95
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpellet View Post
I've never had the QSDP but I believe the CS credits are still all together so its up to you to kep track (or not). When going to a CS counter you can get only what shows on your card. So 2AD 3CH you could get 2 adult meals and 3 kids meals.
Correct.

Small note book or a dining punch card (link a page or two back) is a simple way to keep track. If you typically all eat together and each order your own meal you may not need to do this at all. If you are likely to split meals and split up at times it is worth having a system in place to help you.

And a sneaky add-on at Bay Lake Tower
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 05:35 AM   #96
imama
Mouseketeer

Help!

Okay, NOW I'm confused... I had this all straight in my head and then I started reading and it messed me up!

So, we are on the QSDP, and paying for it because we used a pin code for our cabin. I have two adults, a 7 year old and a 9 year old on the plan. Our two year old is obviously not being charged.

Our first day at Disney we will only manage to eat 1 QS meal each because of our arrival time. This leaves us with two extra kids meals and two extra adult meals. We also have ADRs at Chef Mickey's that we are paying OOP for. This also leaves us with two kids QS meals and two adult QS meals unused since ADRs are at eleven and will be breakfast AND lunch for us that day.

So, my question is this: Can I add these unused credits in at any time? Like if we go to QS and order two adult meals and two kids meals can I order an extra unused kids meal credit from our leftover credits from the ADR? I thought I could do this and that Disney didn't care HOW you used the credits as long as you were buying the appropriate credits for adults or children. But then I read on this thread that if you have 2A/2C on your KTTW card that you could only order that much food and no more? I want to make sure that we are able to add in our unused credits since we paid for them, otherwise it's not worth doing the dining plan. I just figured I could give the two year old the extra meals.

Help!

First Disney trip October 2010 at Fort Wilderness Cabins

Planning our NEXT Disney adventure June of 2012!! Star Wars Weekend bound!!
imama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:07 PM   #97
chickapinhill
Earning My Ears

Quick service dining plan answer needed

When you book a package with the quick service dining plan, do the credits all look the same, or do they distinguish between adult and children under 10?
chickapinhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:18 PM   #98
moliuchick
Earning My Ears

QSDP eating at no kids meal restaurant questions

Hi my family will be using the QSDP from Aug 15 to Aug 20.

I have two questions here:

My DS is 8 and he usually eats adult portion of meal. I am planning to take him to some of the QSDP restaurants that don't serve kids meal so that he can get more food. Since this is my first time to use the QSDP, I am wondering if I have to specifically tell the server to deduct the "kid's lunch credit"? If I don't tell them, I am afraid that they might deduct DS's meal from DH's or my credits?

Another question is our meal plan is good till Aug 20, is it true that I will be able to use my credit till Aug 21? We will be leaving at noon time on Aug 21 so I am planning to use my meal credits for some package food at my resort to eat on the plane.
Can't wait for our trip to come. I am so looking forward to it but I am all stress out because of all these little details.
moliuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:24 PM   #99
catne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by moliuchick View Post
Hi my family will be using the QSDP from Aug 15 to Aug 20.

I have two questions here:

My DS is 8 and he usually eats adult portion of meal. I am planning to take him to some of the QSDP restaurants that don't serve kids meal so that he can get more food. Since this is my first time to use the QSDP, I am wondering if I have to specifically tell the server to deduct the "kid's lunch credit"? If I don't tell them, I am afraid that they might deduct DS's meal from DH's or my credits? bearing in mind that the places with no kid's meals are not necessarily giving you larger portions...mostly they are some version of a hotdog meal which is not necessarily a large meal. But OK, if you go to Casey's you don't have to tell them anything...the system will ring up 4 CS just fine there. It does not keep track of how many kids/adults you have used, it only keeps track of how many kids/adults meals you order. The places with no kids meals do a sort of auto-over-ride to allow 4 meals to be rung up. Otherwise, it's simply a matter of your card showing how many kids/how many adults and the castmember telling you that you can't order more adult meals in one transaction than you have on your card. As example showed before, IF your card says 2 A 2 C, and IF the counter service you're at has kids meals then the people at the register will only ring up 2 Adult and 2 Childs meals in one transaction. If there are no kids meals, you do not need to worry about keeping track of anything. Really.

Another question is our meal plan is good till Aug 20, is it true that I will be able to use my credit till Aug 21? We will be leaving at noon time on Aug 21 so I am planning to use my meal credits for some package food at my resort to eat on the plane.
Can't wait for our trip to come. I am so looking forward to it but I am all stress out because of all these little details.
the question is, when do you check out of your hotel? Your remaining credits are good until midnight on the day you check out. They don't disappear the last night you're staying in the hotel.

If you are checking out of your Disney hotel on the morning of Aug 21, then any remaining credits are good until midnight that day (when 8/21 turns into 8/22) So you can use them for breakfast on check-out day, or even lunch if you're checking out & then going to a park. That's what we usually do--have a partial park day on the day we leave & have a nice lunch before we hit the road. Some people even get to-go sandwiches & take a "picnic" to the airport with them.
January (twice) & February 2014 SSR December 2013 POFQ October 2013 Off-site, September 2013,POFQ March 2013 AoA Feb 2013 POFQ Feb 2013 POFQ Jan 2013 Caribbean Beach Nov 2012 POFQ Sept 2012 BC May 2012 POFQ Mar 2012 POFQ Feb 2012 POFQ JAN 2012 AKL Oct 2011 Wilderness Lodge Sep 2011 POFQ Feb 2011 Pop Century Jan 2011 Pop CenturyNov 2010 CSR Sept 2010 Boardwalk May 2010 POFQ Jan 2010 BCV 2009 Sept & 2009 May POFQ 2009 Jan Contempo 2008 Sept Pop 2008 May POFQ 2007 May Poly 2000 May FW Cabin 1992 May off site 1990 May off site
catne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:36 PM   #100
moliuchick
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by catne View Post
the question is, when do you check out of your hotel? Your remaining credits are good until midnight on the day you check out. They don't disappear the last night you're staying in the hotel.

If you are checking out of your Disney hotel on the morning of Aug 21, then any remaining credits are good until midnight that day (when 8/21 turns into 8/22) So you can use them for breakfast on check-out day, or even lunch if you're checking out & then going to a park. That's what we usually do--have a partial park day on the day we leave & have a nice lunch before we hit the road. Some people even get to-go sandwiches & take a "picnic" to the airport with them.
Thanks Cathy for the good info.
My another question will be: What if DH and I decide to eat somewhere else later and we want to order the meals for DS at Casey's Corner first? Do you think the server there will just take one adult meal out of our credit?
moliuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #101
Laurin612
Dole Whip virgin

I want to thank everyone who mentioned the available option of upgrading a younger child with a more "mature" appetite to a 10 year old so they can eat "adult" meals. I had no idea you could do that!

The last time we visited WDW, my son was 4 and had no problem with the kids meals. Now he is is 8, but he has a HUGE appetite and he likes the same foods we eat. I was really worried that he would be jealous of what his 12 year old sister was eating and that he'd be forced to eat kid's meals. Don't get me wrong, he likes chicken nuggets as much as the next kid, but he would much rather have adult dining choices. For example:

Flame Tree BBQ

What he'd like to order: BBQ ribs, chocolate mousse, lemonade

What he'd HAVE to order on the kid's plan: baked chicken drum stick or hot dog, carrots, grapes, milk/water/apple juice

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Calling to "upgrade" his age to 10 tomorrow!
Laurin612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:26 PM   #102
serene56
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpellet View Post
So if I "upgraded" my 8 and 9 yo kids to adults could they share a TS meal? Would Disney frown on this? I just talked to my son about this and he is psyched to have more fish options!

You would have to upgrade his park ticket also- would be cheaper just to buy the extra?

Quote:
My another question will be: What if DH and I decide to eat somewhere else later and we want to order the meals for DS at Casey's Corner first? Do you think the server there will just take one adult meal out of our credit?

this is what I am wondering since we have three different room packages with 6 adults but only one child-- thinking that is we go our seperate ways and someone goes to get her a meal-- where does it get cashed out as?
Old 08-11-2010, 12:38 PM   #103
Faldred
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is precisely why child and adult CS credits are not differentiated.

March 2009: Port Orleans Riverside ( Trip Report -- Dining Report ) -- May 2006: Vacation Village timeshare -- May 2002: Orange Lake timeshare
Faldred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 12:45 AM   #104
free2div
Mouseketeer

Exclamation Question..need answer

We are going for 9 days on DDP...2A 1C only the child will not bejoining us until the 4th day so we will have 4 CCS and 4 CTS that we will have extra. Cant we use the extra CCS to order extra meals..I am talking ordering childs meals not adult ..I can do a childs CS no problem and so can my DD..the question I have is can the childs TS meals be used to buy CS meals..if so how do we handle that so they dont use CS instead of TS..does this make sense. Please PM or email me since sometimes I can not find the original thread. Thanks
free2div is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #105
brendaziz
DIS Veteran

Anyone there recently- how did the quick service credits read on receipt?

last time I went, the kids and adults credits were combined on the quick service creidts on the receipts.
Is this still the same or is it separated into adult and chilhd credits now?
I'm NOT asking if I can use adult meals for kids or anything shady. Just curious as to how it reads on the receipt. Thanks!
caribbean beach resort (1 x)
boardwalk (2 x-including a Disneymoon!)
boardwalk villas (1 x)
ak lodge (2 xs)
wilderness lodge (2 xs)
fw campgrounds (3 xs)
grand floridian (1 x)
pop century (3 xs)
FW cabins (1 x)

Me, DH, DS6, DS4, & DS1
brendaziz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread