Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #121
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix41 View Post
Congratulations on getting to ride. That's always good news. Do you mind sharing on like what actual size you wear like jeans wise?
I wear a size 18, usually Ralph Lauren or Jones New York.
asta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #122
StitchBuddy
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if they plan on fixing this so larger people can ride?? My husband will be upset if we can and he can't he has ver y broad shoulders and a barrell chest.
StitchBuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2010, 02:38 PM   #123
Asm
Earning My Ears

I hate to admit this 'cause 25 yrs ago I was a knockout but....

I'm about 5'6"and 245, usually wear a 22 dress, a 22/24 or 2x/3x top, and 20/22 bottoms. I'm a 42G on top and basically proportional. I've developed more of a tummy in the last year (& gained weight due to an injury).

What are the odds on my fitting? They can squish as hard as they want!
Asm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #124
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacking View Post
Not true, at least in my case. I am under 48" in all three measurements (at the time I tried to ride 42-46 for each one) and was not able to ride.

I am trying again this Sat. Night. Even though I'm down 15-20 pounds (right now its 16, but I weighed myself for the first time a week after watching what I eat, aka when I was forced to walk the Fatty Walk of Shame) and a couple inches, I'm not expecting to fit (hey, the sting is not as bad when you go in expecting the worst). I'm down to 258, so we'll see what happens........

I'm going to skip the outside seats altogether this time.
Just an update. I saw Slacking last night and he was able to ride twice and had no problems getting the 3 clicks and even said he could probably even get 4 clicks. He tried the test seats outside and still couldn't get the green light on them but decided to try getting on the ride anyway like I had suggested. He didn't have any problems fitting on the ride itself. He said he didn't see anyone turned away and didn't see anyone who wasn't able to fit on the ride, even people bigger than him.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #125
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Yay for Slacking!!!!!!!
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #126
adamas
Earning My Ears

are there belts on these seats? And like if i fit hulk will i fit this?
adamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:58 PM   #127
sbgclori
Earning My Ears

Adamas if you fit hulk it should be fine I would think
sbgclori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #128
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbgclori View Post
Adamas if you fit hulk it should be fine I would think
Not necessarily. There have been reports of people fitting on Hulk and Dueling Dragons but not fitting on FJ. However, more and more people seem to be fitting on FJ now.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:56 AM   #129
mysparky
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
However, more and more people seem to be fitting on FJ now.

Damo - it does seem like more people are reporting positive results, but I don't know if it's because the "shock" of not fitting is over? Do you think it's just that subtle changes have been made (i.e. pushing down on harness, pointing people towards outside seats), or is there something else here?

We'll be there in 10 days and I'm definitely borderline!
mysparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:15 AM   #130
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysparky View Post
Damo - it does seem like more people are reporting positive results, but I don't know if it's because the "shock" of not fitting is over? Do you think it's just that subtle changes have been made (i.e. pushing down on harness, pointing people towards outside seats), or is there something else here?

We'll be there in 10 days and I'm definitely borderline!
You know, we only had a few people saying they couldn't actually fit. We had tons of people complaining about it and fretting about it but only a few that actually reported it. So maybe it hasn't changed and more people are just reporting back their actual results and the facts are that most people do fit.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #131
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

As phamton reported, I was able to ride om Sat. night, yay!

Back in June (the 7th to be exact), I tried the outdoor test seat and was pulled aside to try the indoor test seat. I did not pass either, and was not allowed to ride.

Since then, I have lost 15 pounds and learned some awesome tips here (thanks all!) I was able to wear one layer of light clothing, the thin athletic shorts instead of the thick and baggy cargo shorts were a life saver.

On my second go around (I ran into phamton between my two rides), I did see two gentlemen be pulled aside at separate times and be told they couldn't ride.

I waited in the singles line each time, and I feel that the "Fatty Spotter" TMs look less at the singles line. I was able to suck in my gut, and tighten my butt/thighs, and was not pulled aside. When reaching the seat, I was able to pull down the restraint on my own without needing any assistance from the TMs. Yay!

BTW, loved the ride!
Slacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #132
MIChessGuy
Mouseketeer

This morning I failed both the outdoor test seat and the inside one, at which point I was apologetically directed to the fatso exit. I figured it was coming and was really just glad to get an opportunity to see the castle interior. (Also, they gave me a supposedly one-time Express Pass as compensation, which I was able to use on both Spider-Man and Dudley Do-Right for some reason...heh.) This is the first time I have ever been unable to fit into a ride at any of the theme parks I have visited, including WDW, Disneyland, Cedar Point, Busch Gardens, Kings Island, and the non-Potter portions of Universal Orlando -- including Revenge of the Mummy, which has a pretty demanding safety harness.

In my case, 5-8 and ~270 lbs was a definite no-go: I heard no clicks at all, though to be sure it was quite noisy inside. I shoved myself all the way back, sucked it in, etc., but nothing doing. It occurs to me that I did "volunteer" myself to the inside test seat, at the direction of the outside test person, so maybe I could have stealthily passed by the inside seat and tried my luck at the actual ride. Having failed both test seats, I decided not to contest the fatso exit and dejectedly shuffled out.
MIChessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #133
NotAmused
We keep our bread on top of the breadbox

When we went last weekend, I didn't seem to get the green light when I sat in the test seats outside. I decided to still try it the next morning when we went and was shocked when they didn't pull me aside inside to test the seats. My brother and I had a game plan: I quickly sat in an end seat and he reached over to give my restraint an extra push down. I wasn't sure if the TMs would help get the 3 clicks so I had my brother help just incase, but it turns out I honestly didn't even need his help getting the 3 clicks. It was down and I still had plenty of room. I definitely recommend trying the actual inside seats if you are even close to getting the 3 clicks outside.
NotAmused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:14 PM   #134
potterfan
Earning My Ears

I fit no problem

Hi, I rode Fj twice today and have been following this forum before my trip worrying I wouldn't fit. I am a UK 20/22,(US 18) weigh 243 pounds and my measurements are bust 46/47, waist approx 42/44 and hips 50. I am 5'4

The first time I rode I was on the far right side and had more room than my second ride when I sat on an inside seat. The first time we went through single rider and I was easily two clicks on my own, the TM pushed gently and I got a third click. I had room to move and was not uncomfortable at all.

The second time my arms were a bit squashed as I think an inside seat is not as wide but I still had plenty of room.

My husband who weighs 230 pounds, is 5'10 and 46 chest, waist 38, found the restraint pushed against his tummy uncomfortably but was fine the second time, maybe the TM pushed too hard. The ride was really great, loved it!!!
potterfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:30 PM   #135
Hedy
I'm 22 27 and I still kind of stammer
If you're old enough to hold a job, you're old enough to not burn popcorn

I failed the outside seat test-even with a TM pushing! However, I tried inside, and got three clicks! Woohoo! FWIW, I'm a size 20 at Old Navy/Torrid/Faith 21, and am bigger in the tummy than waist.
4/93-Dixie Landings*12/96-Dixie Landings*2/02-POR*DLR-8/05-Royal Stovall's Inn*3/06-POR*12/07-POFQ**8/08-POP/Dolphin*10/09-POFQSwan 12/10*Podcast cruise 12/10*AKV 8/11*AoA 1/13*AoA 4/13 Universal: 7/08 HRH, 7/09 RPR, 8/10 RPR
*A vegetarian and pescetarian do Disney dining 12/07*Hedy and the Carnivores 08/08*Hedy and Lexie Rock Vegas 12/08*
'Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten

Hedy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: