Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 04:27 AM   #931
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Trish - that steak looks amazing! I've never been able to get a ressie at Le Cellier; but then I don't try very hard to score one because my DH is a vegetarian. So, thanks for letting me live vicariously through your photo!

Pity about the steak sandwich; but then you didn't order it....someone else did and got what they deserved !

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, Jan 2011 and Nov 2012 Another Mad Dash TR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #932
princesscharming
Mouseketeer

Hi Trish! I'm new to DIS but I had to do a search to see if anyone else has posted on a husband who is not all that interested in Disney.

And looky loo...here we are! Is it me or does it seem like all of the Disney party poopers are the husbands??? (Not that all husbands are Disney resisters.) Any wives out there hate Disney??

Well as I was getting all caught up with your posts, I'll give you an idea of what I have to work with. My husband snickered that I was on another Disney website and asked what it was. I told him it was a TR about a husband who doesn't like Disney. He said, "You better take notes."
Before that I was trying to convince him the really expensive (and large) professional camera he has, is going to be too much to lug around WDW, and we'll probably want to get something smaller. His response..."That's OK. I'm not much of a ride person."

But fortunately for me, DH loves steak. So you've just ordered our Le Cellier meal for us. Thanks.

All caught up now. Can't wait for more.

Last edited by princesscharming; 07-29-2010 at 09:53 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #933
Nemo32
DIS Veteran

I'm joining late, but LOVING your TR!! Can't wait to read more!
Old 07-29-2010, 04:31 PM   #934
Disney Geek
Mouseketeer

Just came back from a week in Detroit, MI with DD for a skating competition! DD skated very well and she was very happy with her performance! (I was happy too but then again, she could fall down 75 times and I would still be proud of her so she is a lot harder on herself than I am!).

All caught up with your TR! Still in shock about your family wanting to leave so quickly Good for you for putting your foot down! Never ate at Le Cellier (considering I'm from Canada, I guess I should be embarassed!) but that soup sounds really yummy, I need to try and convince DD to go! (although convincing her to try anything that has no characters will be a challenge).

Can't wait for your next post!!!!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #935
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmerBaggins View Post
SWEEET!!! Thanks for posting this website -- I didn't even know about this movie...loves racehorse movies....
Your welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2mek View Post
Ha! No, I even asked her if I could get it without the mushrooms. She said she could leave the big (nasty) ones off but the risotto would have small ones. I didn't mind the ones in the risotto at all and didn't have to worry about the ginormous ones on top!!

Sara
OK - I believe you now! I never thought to ask for no garnish mushrooms - good idea! I will do that next time!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #936
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Trish - that steak looks amazing! I've never been able to get a ressie at Le Cellier; but then I don't try very hard to score one because my DH is a vegetarian. So, thanks for letting me live vicariously through your photo!

Pity about the steak sandwich; but then you didn't order it....someone else did and got what they deserved !

Maybe if you end up going in October for your husband's conference you can book a lunch ADR at LeCellier while he is at the conference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesscharming View Post
Hi Trish! I'm new to DIS but I had to do a search to see if anyone else has posted on a husband who is not all that interested in Disney.

And looky loo...here we are! Is it me or does it seem like all of the Disney party poopers are the husbands??? (Not that all husbands are Disney resisters.) Any wives out there hate Disney??

Well as I was getting all caught up with your posts, I'll give you an idea of what I have to work with. My husband snickered that I was on another Disney website and asked what it was. I told him it was a TR about a husband who doesn't like Disney. He said, "You better take notes."
Before that I was trying to convince him the really expensive (and large) professional camera he has, is going to be too much to lug around WDW, and we'll probably want to get something smaller. His response..."That's OK. I'm not much of a ride person."

But fortunately for me, DH loves steak. So you've just ordered our Le Cellier meal for us. Thanks.

All caught up now. Can't wait for more.
Welcome aboard!

Too funny about your husband and the "take notes" comment. However, as for the photography equipment - I definitely think it is a GOOD THING that he is interested in brining it along.

WDW can present some AMAZING photography opportunities. There are so many colors, textures and interesting things to shoot. It is a photographer's dream really. If that is what gets your husband wanting to spend time in the parks, ENCOURAGE it!!!

If he has an awesome camera, he will not be happy being in the Parks without it.

I belong to a photography forum (Clickin Moms), and there are some amazing talented photographers on there who have actually considered going to WDW without their SLR cameras. I completely don't get it. If there is one place in the world I would want my best camera (provided it is not a $10,000-plus variety) it would be WDW.

I have treked into the parks the last few years carrying my Canon along with 2-3 lens and 1 hood. And my camcorder. Hasn't been a problem. I never used a locker and there wasn't 1 ride I had to pass up because of my camera bag. (I double-wrap my camera bag in plastic on splash mountain and kali river rapids).

If I were you, I would be trying to build his excitement about Park photography in advance of the trip. Lou Mongello has recently added a photography section to his website (WDW Radio) with some amazing WDW photography. Also, the Disney Parks blog also has some cool shots from time to time as well.

I think this is definitely a GOOD SIGN for your trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo32 View Post
I'm joining late, but LOVING your TR!! Can't wait to read more!
Thanks so much for posting, and Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney Geek View Post
Just came back from a week in Detroit, MI with DD for a skating competition! DD skated very well and she was very happy with her performance! (I was happy too but then again, she could fall down 75 times and I would still be proud of her so she is a lot harder on herself than I am!).

All caught up with your TR! Still in shock about your family wanting to leave so quickly Good for you for putting your foot down! Never ate at Le Cellier (considering I'm from Canada, I guess I should be embarassed!) but that soup sounds really yummy, I need to try and convince DD to go! (although convincing her to try anything that has no characters will be a challenge).

Can't wait for your next post!!!!
So glad to hear your daughter's skating competition went well.

Characters or no characters though, you really must make it to LeCellier!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:42 PM   #937
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

We've never eaten at Le Cellier but hopefully will get to eat there at some point. Your steak looks and sounds yummy (and I love mushrooms!).

Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Old 07-31-2010, 06:43 PM   #938
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMomof3 View Post
We've never eaten at Le Cellier but hopefully will get to eat there at some point. Your steak looks and sounds yummy (and I love mushrooms!).

Amanda
Can't go wrong with LeCellier!
Old 07-31-2010, 06:56 PM   #939
camsmomE
"right on the bum- that way no one will even notice us scraping our pineapples!!"

I've only read your intro paragraph, Trish, and I'm in!

We leave in 33.5 HOURS for our first family vacation ever (and my only vacation with my DH since our honeymoon 5 years ago!) and my DH respond to 100% of (what he has named) my "Disney talk" with "shhhhh..." It's just me, DH and our DD who is almost two. and I am SO excited to show her "the World." ......and daddy's coming too. I pray daily that he is just hiding his excitement, and that the magic of Wilderness Lodge will melt his shell of "shhhh...." Ok, going back to read up on your story! If you need a good laugh (or 50), journey over to my PTR. Nice to meetcha -Stacey

"I think I need my head examined" TR AUG 2010;I'm Back! and I STILL need my head examined- TR AUG 2010; Fist Pumpin' at the POLY Shore! PTR MAY 2011AUG 2-8,2010 WL; OCT 3-4, 2010 POP; NOV 17-19, 2010 Beach Club; JAN 16-17, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; FEB 14-15, 2011 Portofino Bay @Universal; MAR 14-16, 2011 Nick Hotel; MAY 5-8, 2011 POLY CL; JUN 2-5, 2011 AKL-Jambo; JUN 5-9, 2011 PBR CL; NOV 5-7 BLT- SOLO TRIP
Old 07-31-2010, 08:14 PM   #940
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by camsmomE View Post
I've only read your intro paragraph, Trish, and I'm in!

We leave in 33.5 HOURS for our first family vacation ever (and my only vacation with my DH since our honeymoon 5 years ago!) and my DH respond to 100% of (what he has named) my "Disney talk" with "shhhhh..." It's just me, DH and our DD who is almost two. and I am SO excited to show her "the World." ......and daddy's coming too. I pray daily that he is just hiding his excitement, and that the magic of Wilderness Lodge will melt his shell of "shhhh...." Ok, going back to read up on your story! If you need a good laugh (or 50), journey over to my PTR. Nice to meetcha -Stacey
Welcome! So glad to have you along!

How exciting that you leave for Disney in under 2 days!!!

Too funny about the Disney "shhhh"...I know all about it! Hopefully your husband will turn around on the trip. You will have to report back once you return. I assume you are planning on doing a TR?
Old 07-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #941
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

Trish;

Ate in Canada's Le Cellier on our honeymoon 22 years ago, and my DH still raves about how good the food was. We are planning on eating there on our next trip. And you are right, what a perfectly horrible waste of a food credit for a $15 sandwhich!!!!

Looking forward to your photo shoot.

cheryl
Old 07-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #942
cdotla
Trish

The Backstory to our Photo Session with the Roots

After 3 out of 4 of us enjoyed a delicious lunch at LeCellier, we took a leisurely 10 minute stroll back to the Beach Club.

On the way back, I reminded Chris that we were scheduled to meet photographers Nathan and Jensey Root early that evening for a family photo session over at the Boardwalk.

I have been a fan of the Roots since I first discovered them on my friend Carrie's hilarious and fabulously entertaining
Wedding Trip Report.

Since then, I have been a faithful follower of this gorgeous Blog which sets forth the photographic adventures of Mr. & Mrs. Root. All the while dreaming that one day I would be lucky enough to have a Roots family photo session of my own.

Unfortunately for me, the Roots' main business focus is weddings. However, I still decided to contact them more than a year before our trip to see whether they would be willing to schedule a family photo session. Perhaps I caught them at a weak moment...perhaps they decided to take pity on me when they realized how desperate I was to have them photograph my family. Sincere flattery could not have hurt. The fact that we had friends in common can't be overlooked. I expect the deal was also probably cemented by the fact that I freely volunteered to move our session around as many times as necessary in order to accomodate their wedding bookings.

Whatever the reason, I was positively thrilled that before our trip dates were finalized, our Disney Resort Reservations were made, or our airfare was booked, I had a Roots photo session pencilled in for sometime during our trip.

Given that we had an early evening session booked with the Roots, I wanted our afternoon to be quiet and restful. So after we arrived back at the Beach Club after lunch, we quickly changed into our bathing suits and took a quick dip at the pool before making our way back to the room for a little rest. Chris fell asleep along with the kids as soon as the shades were drawn. I took the opportunity to do a little clean-up, a load of laundry, and packed away some items into the suitcases that we would no longer be needing during our stay.

I also spent some time coming up with some alternative clothing choices for the photo shoot. Although I had packed a dress and cardigan sweater to wear for the shoot, it was obvious this was not going to work. Even into the early evenings, the weather that first week of May was still scourching hot. Unfortunately the cardigan I was planning on wearing was a wool blend. Clearly, there was no way I could have lasted 5 minutes out in that heat with any type of sweater, let alone a wool blend. Which was really too bad. In giving up the dress and cardigan outfit, I was losing the pop of color that I had envisioned for the photos.

To further complicate things, I had color coordinated everyone's wardrobe for the shoot. So, once my outfit was scratched, I really had to start back at the drawing board.

This was the outfit I originally intended to wear:

And Chris' outfit:

Katie's:

And Declan's:

In the end, our wardrobes were choosen with one criteria in mind: coolness. I picked out for everyone the coolest, lightest fabrics and outfits we had in the closet. Unfortunately, in doing so, I had to give up the pop of color and bright color scheme I originally intended for the shoot. But there was simply no competing with the heat.

About mid-afternoon I jumped into the shower and started to get cleaned up. As Chris and the kids were still sleeping and I didn't want to wake them with the blowdrier, I called down to Periwigs, the Yacht & Beach Club's Salon and was able to get an appointment right away for a blow out. Perfect! There is nothing I love more than having someone else blow out my hair. And since everyone else was sound asleep, no need to feel guilty thinking I was taking time away from the family.

By the time I arrived back to the room after my blow-out, the kids and Chris were just getting up. Since we were just over an hour before we were scheduled to meet up with Nathan and Jensey, I told Chris to get a move on, hop into the shower, and I would focus on getting the kids ready.

That is when it was dropped on me that Chris had decided he was too tired and not in the mood for pictures and would not be coming.

UP NEXT - Photo Session with the Roots - Part 1

Last edited by cdotla; 07-31-2010 at 10:50 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #943
chepic
I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home." Some people say I have "issues."

I have to tell you...I love reading about your husband....although you must find it so difficult not to pull your hair out, I chuckle because as I told you, my Dave was the same way!! For the longest time he wouldn't even go into Providence (a 15 minute drive mind you) because it would mean leaving Warwick (the city we live in). Such a RI mind set....but upon further analysis I realized he was just being stuborn. He eventually caved...especially when it comes to Disney.

cheryl
Old 07-31-2010, 09:01 PM   #944
cdotla
Trish

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
Trish;

Ate in Canada's Le Cellier on our honeymoon 22 years ago, and my DH still raves about how good the food was. We are planning on eating there on our next trip. And you are right, what a perfectly horrible waste of a food credit for a $15 sandwhich!!!!

Looking forward to your photo shoot.

cheryl
Wow! I had no idea LeCellier was around that long!

I know ages ago it was a cafeteria. I have a vague recollection of this, but I can't be sure if I was there then or not.

Maybe one day Chris will get to taste that mushroom filet and realize what a tragic mistake he made with that sandwich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chepic View Post
I have to tell you...I love reading about your husband....although you must find it so difficult not to pull your hair out, I chuckle because as I told you, my Dave was the same way!! For the longest time he wouldn't even go into Providence (a 15 minute drive mind you) because it would mean leaving Warwick (the city we live in). Such a RI mind set....but upon further analysis I realized he was just being stuborn. He eventually caved...especially when it comes to Disney.

cheryl
You know...up until this point I had tried to let everything roll off my back. This was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #945
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdotla View Post
That is when it was dropped on me that Chris had decided he was too tired and not in the mood for pictures and would not be coming.
NOOOOOOOOO!!! Oh Trish Now I'm dying for the rest of this story hoping he will change his mind! Or maybe that you and the kids went without him and after seeing the results, he realized how foolish he was and will never question your wisdom again (I hope! )

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: