Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 10:26 AM   #3646
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaboy2 View Post
Just a quick post to thank everyone for the great gouge on all the HP threads these last few months. Been lurking that long prepping for this week and it has been most helpful. Having a wonderful time and am happy to answer any questions I can. We are Disney vets but Universal noobs and are HP fans of various degrees--I've seen the films while DW has done both films and books. We did all HP rides, stores, and restaurants (well, restaurant) and can lend our perspective if anyone is interested.
The more perspectives the better!
Old 07-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #3647
GetGlowing
DIS Veteran

Can someone tell me the prices for Butterbeer? Thank you!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-29-2010, 06:15 PM   #3648
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Sorry if this has been asked before, but if we are there for Early Entry, what is the quickest way to FJ?

Or, I guess we could just follow the mad dash of people . . .

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Old 07-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #3649
asta
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but if we are there for Early Entry, what is the quickest way to FJ?

Or, I guess we could just follow the mad dash of people . . .
We discussed this on another thread but early entry (hotel guests) go to the right upon entering. You will be asked to show your hotel key. When you reach the beginning of the Dr. Suess area look for a path to the left before the Carousel and right before the Green Eggs and Ham place. This path is shorter. We stumbled upon this path our first day and took it while most of the crowd took the main path to the right that curves through the Dr. Seuss area. We ended up beating a group of young teens who were running and a family of power walkers. They of course passed us again in the Harry Potter area but it was funny to get ahead of them by just walking while they were rushing to get there first.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:47 AM   #3650
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by asta View Post
We discussed this on another thread but early entry (hotel guests) go to the right upon entering. You will be asked to show your hotel key. When you reach the beginning of the Dr. Suess area look for a path to the left before the Carousel and right before the Green Eggs and Ham place. This path is shorter. We stumbled upon this path our first day and took it while most of the crowd took the main path to the right that curves through the Dr. Seuss area. We ended up beating a group of young teens who were running and a family of power walkers. They of course passed us again in the Harry Potter area but it was funny to get ahead of them by just walking while they were rushing to get there first.
Anyone have a map that shows this cut off. I'm not really familiar with Universal. Thanks!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #3651
Mikelly1221
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubriee View Post
Anyone have a map that shows this cut off. I'm not really familiar with Universal. Thanks!
I can help-I just had this conversation last week!

As soon as you enter Seuss Landing, go immediately to the left, before you get to Green Eggs and Ham. Follow the path around and it takes you by the water and drops you off right by the bridge to Lost Continent. By taking this path, you cut off the corner by Cat in the Hat and 1 Fish 2 Fish.

You can really see the route if you go to Google Maps. (that was a suggestion I received, and it was a great one!) Hope this helps!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:52 PM   #3652
Jaxx1980
Earning My Ears

Might seem a stupid question and probably is lol.

Do you see hogwarts pretty much as soon as you enter IOA?
It looks huge. But i have read some say that when they walk down Hogsmeade, and then at some point come face to face with hogwarts its breath taking.
So wondering is its like MAgic Kingdom and you see the castle as soon as you enter?
Old 07-31-2010, 01:31 PM   #3653
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxx1980 View Post
Might seem a stupid question and probably is lol.

Do you see hogwarts pretty much as soon as you enter IOA?
It looks huge. But i have read some say that when they walk down Hogsmeade, and then at some point come face to face with hogwarts its breath taking.
So wondering is its like MAgic Kingdom and you see the castle as soon as you enter?
No, you have to walk through the Port of Entry first before you catch it across the lake. Even then, it is only the top portion you can see above the trees.

For the full breathtaking effect, I recommend you go right when you reach the lake, through Seuss Landing then Lost Continent. That will bring you into Hogsmeade, where you can see the top of Hogwarts from certain angles over the village, but when you round the corner near Ollivanders you'll look up and its there. Very impressive, not saying better or worse than Cindy's place, but impressive still.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 PM   #3654
mesaboy2
Using a certain word brings out a special kind of cray-cray

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGlowing View Post
Can someone tell me the prices for Butterbeer? Thank you!!
I can tell you the frozen Butterbeer in the souvenir mug was about $11.50 IIRC. I believe about $7 of that was for the mug, so around $4.50 for the drink itself. DW got the non-frozen also, but don't recall its cost as it was part of dinner at Three Broomsticks.
Mesaboy's DLR Trip Report -- The Quest To See Dumbo Fly

FastPass+ Basic Information, Attraction List, and Suggested Priorities
MyMagic & FastPass+ Official Information & FAQ (courtesy andyman8)
Magic Bands 101 (courtesy MouseMomx2)
Old 07-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #3655
janetkay272
Mouseketeer

what if you have early entry not because you are staying onsite but because you booked a vacation package that included it? How do you get in then?
Old 08-02-2010, 10:32 AM   #3656
damo
Proud Redhead
amok amok amok
The curly haired dude said he wouldn't be joining me this vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetkay272 View Post
what if you have early entry not because you are staying onsite but because you booked a vacation package that included it? How do you get in then?
Just show the documents that you have with your package.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #3657
TraceyL
Always planning........
I'm a very patient Welsh believer!
Did you know that one of the TF's is part Welsh, Tracey? :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo View Post
Just show the documents that you have with your package.
.. and if the TM tells you to 'go to the left' (twice - even after showing your off site early entry package confirmation) and not through the hotel guest line to the right - ask another TM. If I hadn't been pre-warned about the procedure on here I'd have wasted a lot of time in the regular line
Hallowe'en 2007 Sunset Lakes again & HRH ~ Hallowe'en 2008 Highlands Reserve Villa & HRH
Christmas & New Year 2009 Bella Vida, HRH & Pop ~ Jul/Aug 2010 back for Harry Potter
Christmas 2012 OKW/Bahama Bay - Solo!!

Old 08-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #3658
choirchic
DIS Veteran

So does anyone think these lines and crowds will "Die Down" somewhat before October? I am an avid HP fan, butthe idea of having to wait outside in line all day in the hot Orlando sun just to get in to the place...let alone ride the rides...seems a little crazy. Just wondering...
Old 08-03-2010, 12:55 PM   #3659
DCDisney
On my way...

No. It usually takes at the very least a year for the excitement about a new ride to die down even a bit.
Old 08-03-2010, 02:51 PM   #3660
Lou Holtz
DIS Veteran

You won't have to wait to get into the land in October, IMO.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: