Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-30-2010, 12:54 AM   #17
Justin Jett
I will do my Elvis impression at DAP, if Kevin will do a duet with me
I'm signed up and ready to go

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
This person needs to get............................................... .......cake.
My Response:

http://www.wheelchairjunkie.com/foru...0369#Post30369

Quote:
I do not want to get this thread off topic, but I need to respond to your points to avoid any misunderstandings:
The “DIS Unplugged” web radio show is unbiased, and presents honest opinions of every aspect of a Disney experience. Reviews on the show and website are never dictated or skewed because of sponsorship or advertising. On the March 25, 2009 show, the podcast team had a discussion of my letter about DRAFT’s objection to the Segway settlement, the host of the show actually said the HE was a critic of Disney. Also, during the May 13, 2009 live show, there was a Q&A session with a Disney VIP. There were no restrictions put on what could be asked, and the DIS members did not hold back. They did not give the guest any slack at all.
These are only two examples, but the reviews and content are not dictated by advertising. If a sponsor is talked about on the show or site, the financial relationship is fully disclosed, but the opinions expressed are always honest. The shows that I have mentioned are available for listen, if anyone would like proof of these examples I have given.
The site is indeed independently owned. I am confused about why an ad would show otherwise.
Also, why should a person’s opinion be discounted because they are a blogger or moderator? Someone can disagree with something another person said, but to dismiss their opinion totally because they volunteer on a website is very unfair. I do not see what is funny about me not being the only disabled person that has strong feelings against Segways in a theme park environment.
In fact, a different lawyer than Jack came on the Disabilities DISboard today, and told us why Segways will be allowed under the new two-tier regulations. He also gave us an interesting perspective on DRAFT’s objection to the Segway settlement. He recently started posting on the DISboards, and is not a moderator. Differing opinions and negative comments are welcome, as long as the poster is respectful to other posters and readers. I encourage anyone who disagrees with the post that I linked to (for any reason) to go back and read the entire thread. There are many different opinions expressed in the thread
Lastly, I have referred to myself as a “disabled person” through my entire life. I’ve heard it used frequently, by disabled people and non-disabled people alike. In fact, a poster who supports the use of Segways for disabled people, used the phrases “Disabled Segway Users” and “disabled people” in his posts. It did not offend me, nor did it seem to offend anyone else on the Disabilities board. http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=56

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: