Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #46
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

Hi there I love your report! I came over here from Jaime's TR.

So did Texas de Brazil live up to the hype? By the way the Podcast team talks about it, it makes me want to venture out of WDW for once and try it!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:09 PM   #47
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
Love the pic of Jason pretending to hold up Simba

I didn't know you worked in a lab, what do you do?

It's cool reading Jamie's TR at the same time as yours, good to see it from different perspectives.

Your photos are really good, I got a new camera too and I'm still trying out all the settings. I want to get some cool pics in December.
Yep I took that pic of Jason holding up Simba because in my TR from May of 09 I photoshopped Donald into some of his pictures.

I work in a medical device/pharmaceutical contract lab. It looks a lot like the one in Living with the Land. LOL! I test stuff all day for their Bioburden then report out the findings to our clients so they can set the dose for sterilization so patients get minimal infections from microbes.

Yeah, I think it is cool that we are both writing too. Although I am a wee bit slower than her and I tend to focus on just what we did.

Thanks! I haven't even been able to really play with my camera yet, I have been using Auto! I guess I will have to learn in December on the photowalk. What kind of camera did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I'm here!!!

Please, please, please tell me you purchased a Snow White costume before the end of your trip and Jason frolicked down Main Street!!!

Enjoying it all and CONGRATS on being DEBT FREE! That is awesome!!! Doesn't it feel great?
You will just have to see if we do .

Thanks! Well we aren't debt free yet, still a few things. But yes it definitely feels good to see the light at the end of this tunnel that has lasted for more than 10 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becx N Gav View Post
Great pics again How are you getting along with your camera? I need to get some more practice in with mine, it's too easy to leave it on auto

I'm glad you liked Chef de France - we've booked a lunch there in December. I hope Remy will still be there, but if not the profiteroles have my name on them
Exactly! I need more practice too, but it takes such great pics leaving it on Auto, I don't wanna mess with perfection!

I still have to try profiteroles! The next time I go there I am trying some! Should have listened to Jaime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannp123165 View Post
Sounds like a great trip so far! Great pictures.
Thanks, it was!

Quote:
I'm with Robin, I like a LOT of ice. Does she just like her drink cold or is she and ice chewer?
Hmmm....I don't know if she is an ice chewer. I just know she wanted more ice .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Its a spongy usually oblong shell shaped cookie. We make them every couple of months. Yummy.

Great report Shanan!!!
They left out the cookie . Dumb cutbacks!
Thanks Todd! We sure missed you on the trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
Hi there I love your report! I came over here from Jaime's TR.

So did Texas de Brazil live up to the hype? By the way the Podcast team talks about it, it makes me want to venture out of WDW for once and try it!
Thanks! It is really good if you are a carnivore! The salad bar is pretty good too! We have a Texas De Brazil here in Chicago, actual quite a few of them. There is one about 5 minutes from our apartment. So when the podcast started talking about it Jason and I went for his birthday last year and gorged ourselves! If you do ever go, make sure to wear lose clothes, and make sure to rent a car for the day if you are going to the one in Orlando, DO NOT TAKE A TAXI! unless, you want to spend $100 round trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2010, 10:04 PM   #48
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

A relaxing afternoon

We decide on riding:

Since we are here and all....

and they should never put so many larger people in the back of those boats! We were capsizing!

I always feel like they should have put animatronics up here on the stage. It would be a great ending for the ride, and actually look like they put a few dollars into the rehab of this ride.

Our window is open to ride Test Track! So we head over there.

And Jaime almost loses her camera on the ride while trying to take a video!

Next up butterfly garden...

We were trying to get a butterfly to land on wheelchair Todd, but I guess he wasn't as sweet as the real thing.

Over to Club Cool for a refreshing late afternoon pick me up. One of us has never been here before.

By now it is almost time for our Sip and Snack...so we run around taking pictures of flowers and topoaries, before we have to meet Teresa and Jeff and Val in Canada.

I don't know why I love this little guys so much, but I do.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:48 PM   #49
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

That little guy is pretty dern cute!
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
Old 07-14-2010, 06:23 AM   #50
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

subbing
Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 PM   #51
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
That little guy is pretty dern cute!
Are you talking about, Todd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mboekhoff View Post
subbing
Welcome!

Alright, I am going to try to get this done! I started a savings blog recently and has been sucking my DIS time away.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #52
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Finally time to Eat Around the World!

We wait in front of Canada for Teresa and meet up with Jeff and Val! It is hot and we are just chatting away.

When she gets there she is wearing pants! Jaime explains the Rules.

Our 1st Stop:

I know what I am getting! A Wunderbar! Deliciousness!

Jaime knows what she is getting too!

Jen and Teresa stick with the gummy things....Teresa is scared by hers (she doesn't like the texture)

Next Stop:

There is a rule that you must eat 75% of whatever you get....I was finishing off whatever people didn't eat.

This is what I got:

These were actually very good!

Moving on...

The skywriter telling us to hurry up!!

Next Stop...

As much as I love this little bakery, I opt out here and head to the ice cream and crepe stand. I heard on the podcast right before this trip that Walter loves the Chocolate Ice Cream at this stand...he was right about Trails End Buffet, (I love that place too, so I was thinking that Walter and I like the same things) And sure enough the chocolate ice cream cone did not disappoint! It was awesome! I can't wait to get back there in October and have another!!

Old 07-29-2010, 10:05 PM   #53
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

More Eating Around the World

Next stop Morocco...

(this is the exact spot where Jason and my friendship started with Anna and Kim after PCC 1.0 during DATW)

Jason contemplating what to get...

we both decide on a drink...we get the tea.

Val gets a frozen concoction

as does Jaime....

It was during this time that Teresa wants to get back at Kevin for us all texting her at the same time during dinner at Texas De Brazil...so she gives us his number and tells us to text him that we found this number on the bathroom wall.

Off to Japan!

This country proved to be difficult. They didn't sell to many small packs of anything...if it was a small pack, there were 50 other little bags attached!

Jason and Jeff chose the Sake

Robin chose the strawberry chocolate pops along with Jen and Jaime

(luckily there are only 3 in a package...not 50)

And I find a small bag of Evil otherwise known as Shrimp Chips....Jaime thinks if Evil has a flavor this would be it...
I actually kinda like them...although they do smell like fish food

Anna and Teresa get the cotton candy pop rocks LOL!

We stop in America and watch Davy Jones for a bit...
Girl look what you've done to me...

Trying to catch the time...a little bit after 8...we are halfway around! Making good time!

Last edited by A.Mickey; 07-29-2010 at 10:14 PM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:28 PM   #54
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Another rule was you can pass one country...many people opted for America to be the country they use their pass on.

If I am eating around the world...I am going to eat around the world...

...looking over my options....

Oh...they have a chocolate chip cookie...I order that, but they are out...so I ask for a cup of cheese.....Yes the cheese you dip your pretzel in...it is only 1.00 and I also get a straw and drink the cheese through a straw...

Italy....this is easy!

Chocolate!

EEK!!!

(reminds me of Eyes Wide Shut)

Cool glass...

It's amazing the details you notice when you bring a new sophisticated camera on a trip!

We all talked to Todd and told him how much we were missing him and sent him well wishes for getting better and a speedy recovery!

Then it was time for Illuminations!

...and this is the aftermath

We hit Germany and Jaime thinks of real food, and I remind her that China is next....we can hit up the counter service there....part of me wants to eat here, because I have yet to try it. So we hold off and get what else...

More chocolate!

China!

We are all starving by now!

Jason's

Mine

Trying to figure out how to work my camera at night...

Old 07-30-2010, 06:43 AM   #55
tiggerbell
DIS Veteran

I love how we were on the same trip, but things are so different between yours and mine! I didn't catch any of the details of the pavilions like you did...
Old 07-30-2010, 11:35 PM   #56
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
I love how we were on the same trip, but things are so different between yours and mine! I didn't catch any of the details of the pavilions like you did...
I know it is neat! I love reading your TR when I am there too and see how it was! I think I caught alot of the details because I was enjoying my new camera!.
Old 07-30-2010, 11:44 PM   #57
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

Drinking...I mean Eating around the World....still.....

Next stop Norway...

(need to eat here one day)

Heading to that little male ride that goes upside down...

I love this ride and the tricky trolls!

I am sorry I will have to walk through your theater again....

Food Stop!

It ended up being a water stop for some Voss water.

Jason looks tired and has to be up in 5 hours for the Muddy Buddy!

Spooky!

Last Stop Mexico!

But alas everything was closed

While, drinking around the world I was successful, eating around the world I was not...

Teresa and all her Todd's!

The rest of the group ride Spaceship Earth and Jason and I head for the buses.

By now it is 11:30 pm and Jason and I have to get up in 4 and a half hours and still catch the bus back to the All-Stars!

Goodnight! This morning is going to come early!

Old 07-31-2010, 12:08 AM   #58
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

4:00 am comes early! Muddy Buddy Orlando

Someone is tired...

Running it for Todd! (Jason wanted to put these stickers on his helmet...and I said don't they do that when the person dies!?!?)

Hmmm....the sky looks the same as when we went to sleep...

Say goodbye to the Great America shoes...(Jason always wore this shoes only to Great America, ever since I met him..now they were donated to someone less fortunate after the Muddy Buddy race)

We get a taxi over to Disney's Wide World of Sports and the fare was a whole heck of a lot cheaper than the far to Texas De Brazil. I think it was $10 with tip.

We see a tent under flood lights with some people gathered...maybe this is where they have to pick up there packet. Nope, it was just the people working the Muddy Buddy checking in...Jason was the first participant actually there! We were way early!

Jason checking out the course.

Now mind you I was pretty nervous for this race, Jason hasn't rode a bike in forever even though we just rode a bike at Ft. Wilderness, and lots of people were telling me that since Jason doesn't really work out he could get too much pressure in his veins and just keel over!

Chris (crazydisneyman) shows up before the sunrise!

All the people coming to register made the time pass pretty quickly...it was fun seeing all the different costumes and trying to figure out who people are dressed up as.

Soon it was time for the race.

Chris and Jason's race group:

Chris:

I tried to find Jason in the pack of runners, but it was impossible!

Todd is happy to be here!

The mud pit, before anyone has crawled through....
wow did this thing S...T...I....N....K!
I think they used fresh cow manure!

The sun starting to come up.

One of the costumes:

Nonni comes up and talks to me for a bit! She remembered me from the DISmeet in Indy last year! She helped pass the time.

I spot Jason and Chris already!

I was worried cause Jason's shirt was soaked! I thought it was sweat (turns out he was pouring water over himself) He was so pumped up and hooting and hollaring. This was the most pumped up I think I have ever seen him (besides his brother's wedding)

He just DIVES into the mud!

Looks back and Chris and starts screaming at him to GET DOWN!!

At one point he actually grabs Chris's collar and pulls him down into the mud more. LOL!

They made fantastic time...I forgot now how long they did it in...but I was shocked to see them when I did, I thought for sure they would be at the finish line 45 minutes later.

Someone enjoyed the mud????

(that was a white t-shirt!!)

Kinda clean...

Chris and Kim gave us a ride back to the All-Stars. It was really nice listening to Jason and Chris chat. We were back to All Stars by 9am and Jason showered up and got ready to head to the Animal Kingdom.

Side Note: Jason and Todd are running the Chicago Muddy Buddy on Sunday August 1st! I wonder how early we will be there this time!
Old 07-31-2010, 12:26 AM   #59
A.Mickey
Meeska Moouska

My Ode to Todd!

Before I write about Animal Kingdom...I present to you My Ode to Todd:

I tried to find every single giraffe in Animal Kingdom that you cannot purchase.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #60
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

What a beautiful ode. Thank you.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: