Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #196
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynnsMommy View Post
I'm here! Taking a break from cleaning my house.

By the way where is your Mickey bar?
that was what I was thinking too....

so I am caught up...I got a bit freaked when I saw Heidi type in update on 56 I thought that was page ok so it wasn't that far...

love all the Birthday fun and excitment...Bekah is back to her old ways of sleeping in since home from camp after complaining how will I wake up w/ out seeing the sunrise I keep reminding everyone (and myself ) less than a month people and you'll be a tschool at 8 am...not waking up...

Great job on the cake..yes the double layer is a tricky feat! looks like she ahd a great day...good call on the gift

OMG...9 stops...you must all like getting out of the car... but you made it. love crossing under that sign too...

I'd be doing a happy DANCE to w/ Connor

can't wait for more
Old 07-28-2010, 10:43 AM   #197
moparop
DIS Veteran

looks like Chelsea had a wonderful birthday. I have to say that I am a fan of sprinkles too so that cake looks great to me!I love Connor's little chicken! How thoughtful that grandma does a little something for the non birthday kid! I love that Chelsea taped her birthday song too!

we stayed at CBR on our last trip. I am curious to read about your impressions!
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2010, 12:08 PM   #198
pooh'smate
My ticker is actually a day off

I love all of Chelsea's pictures she did a good job documenting your drive down. I love Connor's dance. I will feel like dancing too when I get off the ME bus at POP (in exactly 4 months). I forgot to add last time that I too adore Connor's little polish chicken so cute. Your mom is so thoughtful.

Old 07-28-2010, 06:21 PM   #199
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Speaking a certain CD, do I need to burn someone a copy?
I know I looked too and did not find a MSEP CD. Anita what do you have that we proabably all want?

I will get to look again in Sept and Oct
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 07-28-2010, 06:33 PM   #200
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I know I looked too and did not find a MSEP CD. Anita what do you have that we proabably all want?

I missed that. Wigd has it?
I looked and never saw a MSEP CD.

Part of it is on one of my other Disney CD's, though.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #201
disney<333
DIS Veteran

9 stops!?! WOW!! I have a feeling Charles and Mitch could become good friends. We have to stop twice on the three hour drive to Disney. Naturally, when we stop Amy doesn't have to go to the bathroom and as soon as we speed up she has to go! UGH!
At least traffic wasn't bad. I HATE Atlanta traffic.
Yay, for finally getting to Disney! You all look so excited. Let the fun begin.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:29 PM   #202
Wicket's Mom
DIS Veteran

Conner is so cute with his toy animals, the chicken goes well with his pinata.
Our last trip to Florida took us 17 hours in the car. DH limited us to two stops per state. I think that we made it with 8 stops. That was such a grueling trip. It pretty much killed my like of long drives.
(url)http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3050319
It Was the Best of Times & the Worst, But It Was the Best Trip Evah!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2811518
Old 07-28-2010, 11:50 PM   #203
yinyanggirls
DIS Veteran

Okay, so next trip, I say you slip a little benadryl (or do you happen to have anything stronger?) into the drink at the first stop....
Old 07-29-2010, 05:51 AM   #204
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjolt View Post
One of these trips we'll have to meet up and Connor and I can do some crazy dances LOL!! He's a great kid!!
The two of you would make great dance partners!!!

Quote:
LOL...so the kids aren't letting you live down something...hmmm this is going to make for an interesting update!! I can't wait!!! (This means you should update soon LOL)!!
It doesn't happen often that they are right and I am wrong, so they were enjoying it!

Quote:
Teva Mushies...oh how I love thee...the greatest pair of flip flops Leslie ever introduced me too. I will be breaking in a new pair for my next trip...as long as the weather cooperates in January!
I have been wearing mine all summer -- it will be a hard adjustment to go back to work shoes in a little over a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousescrapper View Post
so I am caught up...I got a bit freaked when I saw Heidi type in update on 56 I thought that was page ok so it wasn't that far...
Just me posting the wrong set of numbers. LOL!

Quote:
love all the Birthday fun and excitment...Bekah is back to her old ways of sleeping in since home from camp after complaining how will I wake up w/ out seeing the sunrise I keep reminding everyone (and myself ) less than a month people and you'll be a tschool at 8 am...not waking up...
For us it will be about a week and a half before the kids have to start getting up at the crack of dawn again -- Connor is always the worst about having to get up and going early.

Quote:
Great job on the cake..yes the double layer is a tricky feat! looks like she ahd a great day...good call on the gift
Chelsea did have a great day!

Quote:
OMG...9 stops...you must all like getting out of the car... but you made it. love crossing under that sign too...

I'd be doing a happy DANCE to w/ Connor

can't wait for more
Charles apparently has a hard time sitting still for long periods of time.

Connor was the embodiment of how we all felt, for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
looks like Chelsea had a wonderful birthday. I have to say that I am a fan of sprinkles too so that cake looks great to me!I love Connor's little chicken! How thoughtful that grandma does a little something for the non birthday kid! I love that Chelsea taped her birthday song too!

we stayed at CBR on our last trip. I am curious to read about your impressions!
Chelsea had a lot of fun on her birthday, and Connor was very pleased with his gift.

We loved CBR! Lots of pictures and impressions to share!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh'smate View Post
I love all of Chelsea's pictures she did a good job documenting your drive down. I love Connor's dance. I will feel like dancing too when I get off the ME bus at POP (in exactly 4 months). I forgot to add last time that I too adore Connor's little polish chicken so cute. Your mom is so thoughtful.
Thanks! Chelsea enjoyed putting her new camera to good use! Yeay for being only four months away from your trip!

I love that chicken, too -- she is just so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post

Wait -- you're going in September and October?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
I missed that. Wigd has it?
I looked and never saw a MSEP CD.

Part of it is on one of my other Disney CD's, though.
Yes, Wigd was able to find it when she was there at the beginning of July!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
9 stops!?! WOW!! I have a feeling Charles and Mitch could become good friends. We have to stop twice on the three hour drive to Disney. Naturally, when we stop Amy doesn't have to go to the bathroom and as soon as we speed up she has to go! UGH!
At least traffic wasn't bad. I HATE Atlanta traffic.
Yay, for finally getting to Disney! You all look so excited. Let the fun begin.
Hurray! There is another woman out there that feels my pain about multiple stops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket's Mom View Post
Conner is so cute with his toy animals, the chicken goes well with his pinata.
Our last trip to Florida took us 17 hours in the car. DH limited us to two stops per state. I think that we made it with 8 stops. That was such a grueling trip. It pretty much killed my like of long drives.
Yes, Connor loves his animals and is always adding to his collection!

Ugh, two stops in 17 hours would kill me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyanggirls View Post
Okay, so next trip, I say you slip a little benadryl (or do you happen to have anything stronger?) into the drink at the first stop....
I like your thinking!
Old 07-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #205
Native NYer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charleston Princess View Post
It does balance out, and we still made it in eight hours.

I personally don't want to fly to Orlando. I like being able to pack water, drinks, and snacks for the room, and not have to worry about leaving room in the suitcases for souvenirs.
That's an excellent reason not to fly to Orlando. We're renting a car so we can go pick up things for the room and be able to get around easily. If I lived closer, I'd drive too.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:48 AM   #206
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native NYer View Post
That's an excellent reason not to fly to Orlando. We're renting a car so we can go pick up things for the room and be able to get around easily. If I lived closer, I'd drive too.
I think you will enjoy having a car down there!
Old 07-29-2010, 08:51 AM   #207
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

“Read the Directions and Directly You Will Be Directed in the Right Direction.”

July 18, 2010: Part Two

“Read the Directions and Directly You Will Be Directed in the Right Direction.”
--Doorknob
Alice in Wonderland

Much to our delight, our room was ready, so off to Aruba we went to find room 5124.

Charles always insists on unloading as much of the car as possible before making the trek to our room, although I would much prefer to find our room first without lugging lots of things with us.

However, we once again did things Charles’ way and grabbed as much as we could before venturing to our room.

The kids, reading the signs, said we should go to the right, I insisted we go left.

Guess whose directions we should have followed?

Winding our way completely around the building -- and it was definitely the long way around -- we finally ended up at our room. If we had followed the kids, we would have gone around just two corners. They were more than happy to point this out to us multiple times.

However, because we went in the wrong direction, we had an impromptu DIS meet. I just wish I hadn’t been quite as frazzled at the time! It was so nice meeting another family that recognized us from our trip reports.

Our room was perfect!!! A corner room on the ground floor right across from the bridge to the island and Old Port Royal. I couldn’t have been more pleased with the location except that we were forever away from both the Aruba and Jamaica bus stops.

We finished unloading the car, and I said to Charles, “We will need to leave in thirty minutes if we are going to Teppan Edo, but if you wanted to do Tutto Italia instead, you could take it easy for an hour and a half.”

Charles decided he didn’t want to rush, so Tutto Italia it would be! Chelsea was disappointed, and Charles tried to inform her that there would be cute waiters at the Italian restaurant.

While Charles enjoyed the coolness of the room, Chelsea, Connor, and I decided to explore the island and scope out Old Port Royal.

Chelsea brought her camera along.

Our view as we left the room.

Our view to the right.

Our view to the left.

Sheer happiness at being in Disney prompted a rarely seen display of sibling affection.

Views from the bridge.

Various shots around Caribbean Cay.

Arriving at Old Port Royal, Connor and Chelsea stalked a bird.

Views of the pool. Connor really wanted to go ahead and go swimming.

What could be hiding behind this door?

We also did a quick survey of the gift shop before heading back across the bridge to our room. While we were walking back, Chelsea asked me, “Are there really cute waiters at the Italian restaurant?” I assured her that there were, and she informed her daddy when we got back to the room that she was now okay with going to eat Italian instead of Teppan Edo because I had confirmed his statement about the waiters.

It was finally time to head to our first park of the trip!

UP NEXT: Could My Sense of Direction Be Any Worse?

Last edited by Charleston Princess; 08-21-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #208
mousescrapper
DIS Veteran

" Aruba, Jamaica, oooh I wanna take you..."

sorry couldn't resist

love all the pictures from CBR...we stayed there twice in the early/mid 90's it was actually my first Disney resort on property

Can't wait to see the cute Italian waiters and hear about the food too
Old 07-29-2010, 09:17 AM   #209
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

My kids always seem to be more affectionate towards each other when we are in Disney too - just one more reason to go!

That's so funny that you guys took a wrong turn trying to find your room, Mom & I did the same thing - we were on the 2nd floor and walked all the way around the building before we found a set of stairs, we realized later that we had walked right passed a set earlier that was much closer to our room - I felt pretty stupid!

Love all your pics from your walk, CBR is so pretty. The pirate theme to the pool is new since we stayed there - looks cool
Old 07-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #210
Lady Lallie
DIS Veteran

Charles really must have wanted that time to relax since he voluntarily pointed out cute waiters to his daughter.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: