Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 06:36 AM   #136
DisneyDadC
Dis Dad Member #187
time to order me up a bag of dole whip mix

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggydoc View Post
Hey Disney Commando, I followed the link at the beginning of this thread to the post where you listed your Mustang stable. Awesome! I'm a Stang guy as well and my Dad has an original owner 1972 Mach 1, bright yellow with black accents! Unfortunately his is a 2 barrel and no ram air. It's in pretty rough shape right now but I hope to get it restored some day soon(if I can stop spending so much money at Disney )

I'm a ragtop man, had a '85 LX 5.0 vert many years ago, went through almost a couple decades of sensible cars (did my time in the minivan!) and now have an '08 GT500 vert. Trying to talk my wife into a new 5.0 but she's just not into cars
I will buy it and restore it for you .I had one same color and yr.Had to sell it when I was younger and have been wanting to get another now for yrs.
Dis Dad's Club Member #187 Dis Dad's Facebook Club Member
Tickets $,Travel $, Rooms Costs $,Putting a smile on a childs face=Priceless Keep up the Magic

Old 07-28-2010, 06:43 AM   #137
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Oooooooooo....

The new 5.0.....Mikey wants.....especially now since I'll be home for a while....

Didn't get a chance to get my project up and running thanks to my quick turnaround!

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

"I'll make a wish and do as dreamers do"
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-28-2010, 07:07 AM   #138
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
This is the sticker that my buddy (who owns a sign shop) made for me the next tournament....I have one on my new boat as well.....

MLSC: Mike Lake Swim Club.

Of which I'm the Founder, President and CEO.

It's open to any and all boaters who decided they didn't need to stay dry and "dove into" the water.....usually applied to Fisherman who become "human fish finders", but anyone is welcome---

If you intend to go overboard, it doesn't count

Many, many more have joined our ranks...
I guess I found a new club to belong to. I was fishing a tournament a few years back on a local lake. It was raining pretty good and it was cold. One of those days where you wish you would have not pre-registered. I was moving from one side of the boat to the other and kicked my favorite rod over. Not thinking I went to grab it and well kinda went in water. Worst part was I lost the rod.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #139
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTME View Post
I guess I found a new club to belong to. I was fishing a tournament a few years back on a local lake. It was raining pretty good and it was cold. One of those days where you wish you would have not pre-registered. I was moving from one side of the boat to the other and kicked my favorite rod over. Not thinking I went to grab it and well kinda went in water. Worst part was I lost the rod.

YEEESSSS!!!!! A new member!!!!!

"Kinda" went inthe water?

Is that like "Kinda" pregnant??

Man, it happens....how many times has Bill Dance gone in....but it sure is embarassing when it's, ya know, at the ramp...in front of, ya know, like 50 people.

"If it's one thing that I've learned from all this living, is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go"

Old 07-28-2010, 07:18 AM   #140
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Very nice!

At our church's vacation bible school last month, the kids were playing dodge ball one day when I decided to jump in. I used to pitch and can still throw pretty hard. Totally smoked a kid. Not my proudest moment. Only hit him in the arm, and he was unhurt- just surprised.

On a happier note, since my wife was the VBS director this year and probably will be again next year we have some sway as to what the theme will be. I was thinking, "hmmm, theme. Disney has theme parks. Maybe I can connect the two". And then it hit me. "World Showcase" would be a great theme where we could highlight Paul's missionary journey. So that's what we're doing! Now if I can just figure out how to sneak some hidden Mickey's in to the decorations...
"People being blasted by dodgeballs" scenes are always funny. Kinda like air horns and inhaling helium.

Our VBS did something similar last year. The theme was the Amazing Race, and they did a different country each week. I forget exactly how it tied in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
crud...
???

Quote:
Nobody at work was excited about this, so I'll try you guys.

My patience was rewarded!!
I've been checking Travelocity daily for months and today the fare from Richmond to Orlando dropped by $50. Not only that, but it dropped below the magic $150 level which means my miles rewards with Capital One will pick up one of the tickets. So instead of paying nearly $800 to get to the mouse in December, it's going to cost us just $418. Woohoo! Maybe I'll make more ADR's!!

Quote:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words:

This is my old boat...from a "few years ago"....Angler's Paradise Fish Camp (sadly no longer operational) on the Saint John's River (yeah, the same one you cross on I 4 from I 95 heading into Orlando) in Welaka, FL.

It's January....and yes, it's very very very very cold.

Water temp: 41

Air tem: 34, with wind chills in the 20s.

Let's just say that, because of where I "dove in" (), there were lots and lots and lots of witnesses....and only one camera...
Old 07-28-2010, 07:30 AM   #141
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasnotafan View Post
4. Great-great-grandfather had 7 kids with his first wife and when she died he married her sister and had 7 more
Well, I guess at least he kept it in the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Sure, I love kids. Do you want me to break out the firecrackers or just pelt them with dodgeballs?
Duh - put the firecrackers in the dodgeballs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Barbosa View Post
Things I'm geeky about besides Disney. Jimmy Buffett,Mustangs, Jeeps, Bugs Bunny 70 and 80's Rock.
I came across a nicely restored '43 CJ2-A the other day. DW wouldn't let me shell out the $8500 the guy was asking for it. "There's no top! There's no seatbelts!"

Quote:

I've been checking Travelocity daily for months and today the fare from Richmond to Orlando dropped by $50. Not only that, but it dropped below the magic $150 level which means my miles rewards with Capital One will pick up one of the tickets. So instead of paying nearly $800 to get to the mouse in December, it's going to cost us just $418. Woohoo! Maybe I'll make more ADR's!!
Yup, we're excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wherem I Now View Post
crud...
I'm with the Captain on this one - what's up?

Oh, and for all of you that have not been reading along with Tim's PRT, that's nice and FreezinRafiki are now mortal enemies. (Tim - I know we agreed on arch nemesis, but you've got to admit - mortal enemy has a very nice poetic ring to it.) So just in case any epic battles for world supremacy break out, y'all have a heads up.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #142
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
YEEESSSS!!!!! A new member!!!!!

"Kinda" went inthe water?

Is that like "Kinda" pregnant??

Man, it happens....how many times has Bill Dance gone in....but it sure is embarassing when it's, ya know, at the ramp...in front of, ya know, like 50 people.
Hi my name is Kevin and I have also fallen in the water while fishing. I have been reluctant to admit to the said incident since it was quite embarassing. I was fortunate to only have my partner on the boat with me when the incident occured. Wow I feel better already. I have been carrying that around with me for years not being able to admit it.

Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #143
DisneyFed
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi my name is Kevin and I have also fallen in the water while fishing. I have been reluctant to admit to the said incident since it was quite embarassing. I was fortunate to only have my partner on the boat with me when the incident occured. Wow I feel better already. I have been carrying that around with me for years not being able to admit it.
Refreshing...ain't it...<Pun intended>

Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 AM   #144
KTME
DIS Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
Oh, and for all of you that have not been reading along with Tim's PRT, that's nice and FreezinRafiki are now mortal enemies. (Tim - I know we agreed on arch nemesis, but you've got to admit - mortal enemy has a very nice poetic ring to it.) So just in case any epic battles for world supremacy break out, y'all have a heads up.
Barry I am on your side....you have Cheeseballs!!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #145
Capt. Barbosa
DIS Veteran

What I want:

What I'd love:

First of all,returning you to shore was never part of our agreement. Second, you are not a pirate, so the Pirate's Code does not apply. And third, the Pirate's Code is more of a set of what you'd call 'guidelines' than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:04 AM   #146
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHerd1028 View Post
Makes no difference to me...It might be easier if you did it since you can update it easily and I wont be clogging up the threads
All righty then... I'll do the updates

Quote:
Very nice!

At our church's vacation bible school last month, the kids were playing dodge ball one day when I decided to jump in. I used to pitch and can still throw pretty hard. Totally smoked a kid. Not my proudest moment. Only hit him in the arm, and he was unhurt- just surprised.

On a happier note, since my wife was the VBS director this year and probably will be again next year we have some sway as to what the theme will be. I was thinking, "hmmm, theme. Disney has theme parks. Maybe I can connect the two". And then it hit me. "World Showcase" would be a great theme where we could highlight Paul's missionary journey. So that's what we're doing! Now if I can just figure out how to sneak some hidden Mickey's in to the decorations...
Sweet! That's a pretty cool idea. Would love to see how that pans out

Quote:

You must have very rich coworkers! That's a savings of almost 50%!! That's awesome!!

Quote:
And I'll take Tim's side... just because everyone likes a villain that can be nicknamed "Timmy"!
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Old 07-28-2010, 08:12 AM   #147
Bradsdadg
Can someone give my party from Saturn a ring?

Quote:

Nice deal!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:22 AM   #148
FreezinRafiki
DDC 322
Cold enough for ya?
Shocking, isn't it. Oh, wait, thats a taser

Quote:
Awesome! My first minion. Or henchman. Feel free to call yourself whatever you want. I'll have my HR team get in contact with you regarding the benefits package. We have a nice dental plan. It's the least we can for you since there will be a good chance you will die a horrible death in a bloody battle. Oh, and we also have a nice education reimbursement plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
And I'll take Tim's side... just because everyone likes a villain that can be nicknamed "Timmy"!
Oh, I almost forgot - my daughter is one of only 3 people in the world that have been granted permission to call him that. Hopefully she's not some kind of double agent.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #149
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

That's quite the list of quotable movies you guys have there. A few more for your consideration off the top of my head:

Planes, Trains & Automobiles
What About Bob? (very underrated movie)
My Cousin Vinny
Pirates of the Caribbean
The Untouchables (mostly anything Sean Connery says)
And for cheesy one-liners, you can't beat Commando and Cliffhanger

Quote:
Well, we know Tim is a Yankees fan, so that may push his side into pure evil right there.

If I'm a minion or a henchman, does that mean I have to wear a red shirt?
Old 07-28-2010, 08:34 AM   #150
Emma's Dad
DIS Dad's Club Member
SOMEONE thinks I know SOMETHING!
Get your zombie ammunition NOW!

Quote:
Oh, I almost forgot - my daughter is one of only 3 people in the world that have been granted permission to call him that. Hopefully she's not some kind of double agent.
Hmmmm... this is good info to know...
DIS Dads Club Member #115
4/08 - POP, 4/09 - CSR, 4/10 - CSR, 4/11 - BWV, 1/13, 4/13 & 12/13 - BCR

"If only Tinker Bell was related to the tooth fairy... where is my Disney magic??" - 2010 TR
"What's Your Problem?" Caught by loop and hook... (My first TR)
Closed Thread

Tags
club, dads, dis, man, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: